Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Should A Lady Propose Marriage To A Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Propose Marriage To A Man? (243 Views)

A Girl Or A Lady Propose To A Guy….is The Girl Cheap Or Brave? / Lady Propose To Her Boyfriend In A Club And The Guy Was Embarrassed / Lady Propose To Her Man In A Shopping Mall, Got Rejected Publicly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Lady Propose Marriage To A Man? by Allsingles: 8:06am On Aug 22, 2020
Yesterday, I made a post with a picture of a woman who was kneeling down and asking the man "will you marry me?". I got quite a number of responses of those that supported and opposed such move.

However, this is my response to my yesterday's post on the subject.

TO THE MEN.
Any man who allows a woman to propose marriage to him, has lost his position as a man if he accepts the proposal. He has exchanged his position of headship even before the marriage comes into being. He shouldn't call himself a man again. He has sold his birthright like Esau and exchanged his glory for shame. He should hide his face in shame when the roll call for men is made. It is a disgrace to God's original ordination for him.

TO THE LADIES.
Any lady that proposes marriage to a man has lost her dignity, honour and value. She has traded them on the altar of desperation. She has demonstrated lack of virtue and has lost her sense of worth. She is nothing but a desperate lady seeking for a man's hand in marriage. It is an error by divine and natural order.

God, the creator of the ends of the Earth laid the standard when He said in His word, "He that finds a wife, finds a good thing (Proverbs 18:22). It is for the man to find a wife and not the other way round. A woman is to be found and not her finding a man. All she is to do is to provide an approachable or conducive atmosphere for the man to come to her. Her part is to make herself available for the man to reach her. If she does otherwise, then she will have to continue to play the role of a man in that marriage.

It is a total break down of divine order and enthronement of error for a woman to propose marriage to a man. I am not talking about what trends in the modern world but the order God gave to us as men. God's order cannot be varied by any man and that is where every child of God should stand.

Wherever and whenever this happens, it cannot be of God. Say I said so.
God bless everybody that contributed to the topic richly in Jesus name, amen....https://4evertogeda..com/2020/08/15-characters-you-must-have-if-you-want.html
Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage To A Man? by Abfinest007(m): 8:12am On Aug 22, 2020
if it OK she can
Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage To A Man? by Franzinni: 8:25am On Aug 22, 2020
She better or else she will remain lord of the rings...

That is equality...
Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage To A Man? by longetivity(m): 8:56am On Aug 22, 2020
which stupid dignity and honour

As an introvert if any lady propose to me I will joyfully say YESS
Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage To A Man? by MrSensor(m): 8:58am On Aug 22, 2020
Fellow Abomination crew, let's gather here food is ready for us.
Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage To A Man? by simplepee(f): 9:06am On Aug 22, 2020
Igbos will say ARU!!

I better remain single. Don't try it with Nigerian man at all, they will take you for granted and treat you like trash. Don't try asking a guy out talk more of marriage proposal, their brains are wired differently from other men in the world.

That is why I don't believe in feminism, we just can't be equal, they have roles to play and we have ours.
Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage To A Man? by proclinician: 9:09am On Aug 22, 2020
I wouldn't want my lady to propose to me buy while taking that ring, she will be on her knees.
Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage To A Man? by Steady259(m): 9:47am On Aug 22, 2020
Why not...

Whats good for the gender is also good for the goose.

Afterall most femine are fighting for equal rights so this too should not be a big deal
Re: Should A Lady Propose Marriage To A Man? by SaAyomikun(m): 10:09am On Aug 22, 2020
Which dignity?? undecided

Una religious people sha, I tire for una matter ooo.

LADIES, do what you think is right. The society has evolved past all the archaic rendition the OP is spewing. If you see a man you think will give you comfort and peace of mind, it is not a bad idea to express your feelings. It doesn't make you cheap or something!!

(1) (Reply)

When You Have All The Resources To Succeed But Too Dumb To Use Them / Don't Buy Bad Chicken, Buy Valued Chicken From Mrl Foods / I Need Friends In Abakaliki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.