Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:03 AM

Marriage Novel moved to family section - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Novel moved to family section (481 Views)

Since We Moved To The UK, I’m No Longer Attracted To My Husband - Nigeria Lady / Meet US Lady Who Moved To Ukraine To Strip For Ukrainian Soldiers (photos) / Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Novel moved to family section by brofmhsph: 11:29am On Aug 22, 2020
OH THESE OUR MARRIAGES
A Christian Marital Novel

Inspired by the Holy Spirit

Penned by Bro Femi Oluyamoju

This novel is sequel to the novel Oh This My Husband

If you have not read that novel please search for it online and read because I guess links are not allowed
Re: Marriage Novel moved to family section by brofmhsph: 11:32am On Aug 22, 2020
OH THIS OUR MARRIAGE

PART 1
GENESIS

That faithful morning, I cried to Pastor Emmanuel's house. I was fed up with being a Pastor’s wife; my purse and bags were packed. I had just finished telling my husband every bitter experience I can remember using every new vocabulary I can remember from the dictionary. I fabricated new words that best described the failures that I have become.

I kept banging on the door to pastors house till the neighbors started peeping from their windows at the crazy crying woman.

I have totally forgotten in my grief that pastor Emmanuel and his wife died in a plane crash some few months ago, I was not thinking straight.

The last time I cried this much, I came to pastor's house and God used them positively affect my home. After many months I'm back, crying again

How can I explain the commotion that is about to burst forth in the church my husband pastors...

Mrs Agbe the good women leader, a woman trusting God for the fruit of the womb for over 25 years is pregnant. I would have jumped for joy if not for the painful look my husband had while he told me the news.

She's pregnant, not for her husband but for the 25 year old young pastor who was just transferred to our church. Mr AbleGod.

At the same time, the same day, I got the awful news about our very wonderful golden couple, Mr and Mrs Otun.

They celebrated their 30th marriage anniversary with funfair last month and for the past 10 years they had been the teachers and HOD for our church's marriage committee.

Their names and pictures are now a household name everywhere around us because of the various teaching engagements in many churches. Once you tell your church members you want to have a couples program with Mr and Mrs Otun, your auditorium will be filled to capacity.

I even heard the Muslims and secular organizations invite them to teach in marriage.

Yet, despite these successes, Mrs Otun just served her husband with divorce notice

Ahhhhh, and I am the wife of the pastor in the same church with this people.....

I have failed.....

Ohhhh, I cried the more

I am yet to think about the remaining bad news I got same time, same day....

I banged the door the more....

To be continued

Copyright, Bro Femi Oluyamoju of the Holy Spirit Prayer House
Re: Marriage Novel moved to family section by brofmhsph: 11:32am On Aug 22, 2020
OH THIS OUR MARRIAGE

PART 2
MORE NEWS

I am yet to think about the remaining bad news I got same time, same day....

I banged the door the more....

If this happened in a more civilized clime, I would have be arrested for disturbing the peace and quiet of the neighborhood.

I have been banging the door of my dead pastor for over 15 minutes now.... Crying....

I can hear a neighbor saying "is that woman pregnant for the dead owner of the house?"

Rather than the statement make me leave the door, I kept banging the door harder

Maybe I felt this was the new gate to heaven, maybe if I hit the door harder, pastor Emmanuel will step out with angelic wings and with that superb wisdom of his, he will tell me the solution to my church marriage problems.

To add insult to injury, the news got worse even before I recover from the first two news.

Two Unmarried sisters in the choir received the praise leader as their future husband to be, as if this was not enough, during yesterday's rehearsal, the two sisters went into a full, free for all physical exchange of blows, right at the choir stand.

The brother they are fighting over is actually a married man.

Can you see how bad the church as grown under my leadership? and I wear fine Turkish gowns to church every Sunday as if all is well.

For the last straw that broke the camel's back.....

One of my husband's ex contacted him saying that, has he forgotten that while he was frolicking with her, he actually married her. He took her to registry and she is also Mrs Ige. I asked my husband to please tell me it's a lie.

He looked me in the face and said it was true but he had totally forgotten before today

How can a man forget that he once married a woman

A whole woman

A whole marriage

In a whole marriage registry

And you said you forgot

Pastors can lie....

A whole pastor

Haha

To be continued

Re: Marriage Novel moved to family section by brofmhsph: 11:33am On Aug 22, 2020
OH THIS OUR MARRIAGE

PART 3
MANY QUESTIONS

Pastors can lie....

A whole pastor

Haha

I find it hard to swallow the last news, does it mean that all this while I was walking with my head held high, I was actually married to a man with two wives.

Maybe he has children and he attended their naming ceremonies, but has intentionally forgotten again until one boy comes to our house to remind him after 20 years.

Or maybe he had married other women while suffering from memory loss

Maybe it's on the day of his burial that we would actually discover how many we are

Gosh....

This is just too much, I simply packed my bags from the pastors office, used the back gate behind the church offices and escaped from the church compound.

One million thoughts came to me at the same time as I walked to pastor Emmanuel's house

Which one do I attend to, my marriage issues or the diverse issues in the church

Can I attend to the church as if my marriage is fine? Won't that be living a lie, what if another case comes up like my own, will I have the right to counsel the woman?

Or do I leave church for now and sort out my home, won't that mean I am selfish and I left the people of God?

Or do I report my husband to the church elders so that He can be punished so that God won't punish him?

Or should I keep quiet on this issue and act like a submissive wife that the bible admonishes.

But if I keep quiet, won't I be helping him to cover up a life of falsehood

Or should I just leave everyone for now, my duties in church, my husband, my home, my triplets and just go somewhere quiet, one way or the other they will all sort themselves out

Hmmmm

Someone said problems are like cars without tires. Someone drops it at your door. They cannot go away by themselves. They won't be carried away by others because every other person are carrying their own personal problems.

The only way to get rid of the problem is either to carry it away by yourself, or ask those that brought it to come and carry their troubles or look for a professional problem solver to carry it away

Who will be my problem solver now....

Gosh...

I'm confused

Too many questions, yet no answer

I banged the door the more as if my life depended on it

An answer must come today because my head is full and confused

Prayer was the last thing on my mind, I just kept crying

To be continued

Re: Marriage Novel moved to family section by brofmhsph: 11:34am On Aug 22, 2020
OH THIS OUR MARRIAGE

PART 4
HOW COME

Mr and Mrs Agbe got married 25 years ago and their marriage had no children.

Mr Agbe is a gentleman whose approach to life is very simple. He is a professor and well read.

He had fought his family members many times over his childless marriage insisting that he won't marry another woman as long as he has no problem with his current wife.

He is just one of those men who are always in church but never involved beyond being a member of the floor members association. FMA

Mrs Agbe on the other hand is very active, very busy in church and can be found in almost every committee in the church. she is also very close to numerous pastors because of the issue of her inability to give birth.

She's always afraid that she will lose her place with her husband and she attends all the waiting mothers meetings in church.

This fear had made her visit wrong altars for children in the past

I remember vividly that about 2 months ago, while the waiting mothers prayer meeting was on going, she was told that her time was close and she should hold on to God and God alone.

Mr AbleGod, the 25 year old brother who impregnated her is popularly known as bro able.

He just joined our church some 5 months ago. His marriage is yet to be one year when he got transferred in the place of work.

As soon as he came to our church, he got into the prayer team and was very vibrant.

I knew bro able is very busy with visitations and of course no one could be suspicious of a brother young enough to be her son visiting Mrs Agbe.

How this vibrant brother and our vibrant mummy fell together into adultery is beyond my understanding

To make matters more implicating, it was my husband and I that assigned bro able to pray for Mrs Agbe when our hands became full with members seeking prayers

We only ask him to pray with her in church not impregnate her

Hmmmm

I return to my tears and the banging of the door

Now I guess I have been at that door for 30 minutes....

Then the door opened

Opened slowly

I was sitting by the steps to the door, so all I can see was the bottom half of the door

As the door opened

I saw pastor Emmanuel's very popular slippers, then the feet ....

He was wearing the ever popular light green trousers....

By now my heart is beating as if it wants to jump out of my chest....

Pastor Emmanuel is dead, he died few months ago. We conducted a burial ceremony...

I wanted to look at the face of the person opening the door and wearing pastor Emmanuel's clothes but at the same time I don't want to see the face of a ghost....

Who is the man with pastors slippers and trousers living inside pastors house.....

Did God send an angel or did God send back pastor since I refused to stop banging the door?

Or am I imagining things....

I fainted

To be continued

Re: Marriage Novel moved to family section by brofmhsph: 11:34am On Aug 22, 2020
OH THIS OUR MARRIAGE

PART 5
THE CROWD

Or am I imagining things....

I fainted

I came back to myself in my husband's hands right in front of the house of pastor Emmanuel.

There was commotion everywhere with a lot of noise.

What I gathered when everything calmed down is this .....

My continuous banging on the door had irritated the closest neighbours and they had called on one another to come together as a team to chase me away from the door so they can have back their quiet and peace.

Around the same time my husband drove home to look for me, when he couldn't find me he drove back to church. Now confused he went on his kneels in the office to pray for direction and from there he just felt he should drive down to pastor Emmanuel's house.

He felt so stupid going to the house of his dead spiritual mentor because that's the last place he expected to find me. But in obedience to the prompting of the HOLY SPIRIT he drove there only to see the door opening and me slumping right in front of the door.

In his eagerness to get to me, He stopped the car and got down without shifting the gear to park. He actually left the gear in neutral and jumped out of the car to get me.

He never looked back to see that his car had started back tracking on the road according to the topology of the road. The street is a sloppy one.

Around the same time a couple that just travelled from Canada were parking their car opposite pastor Emmanuel's house. They haven't heard about the plane crash or their demise.

They had lost contact after the husband who had abandoned his family in Nigeria for 9 years came back to pick his wife and children.

They saw the commotion and rushed to join the little crowd in front of pastor Emmanuel's house.

Around that same time my husband's car, currently the only car in our family, rolled back into the slope without a driver in a street that is densely populated with children.

This specific Sunday, there was a birthday party for a 8 year old girl. The party was filled with children playing by the street

It was in this busy street that my husband's car, our only family car, rolled backward, without a driver into a busy street.....

No one among the little crowd noticed the car rolling away at first

The parents in the children party on the street were busy watching a telemundo soap opera, so they were distracted...

The celebrant the only child of a very aged couple ran into the road to pick her flying balloons

I was still in my little fainting spell like a little ogbanje "witch"

When everyone heard a loud crash....

Gboaaaah

Followed by shouts and tears

To be continued

Re: Marriage Novel moved to family section by brofmhsph: 11:08pm On Aug 22, 2020
OH THIS OUR MARRIAGE

PART 6
THE COUPLE

A loud crash....

Gboaaaah

Followed by shouts and tears

The car had crashed into the brand new car just purchased a week ago by an elderly couple, the crash also dragged along the young celebrant girl called testimony.

By the act of a miraculous God, the girl was thrown into the drainage and she landed unhurt except for her cloths that were ruined.

But our car was in very bad shape. The booth was completely crushed as it crashed into the iron guide in the front of the jeep it crashed into.

The parents of the small girl that was involved with the crash were more interested in the welfare of their only child so they left my husband alone

My husband couldn't leave my side because I was more important to him than the car

The person who opened the door of the house of pastor Emmanuel used the commotion to run away from the house but the Canadian couple held on to him because his movement was suspicious.

The neighbours stepped into the issue of the car collusion with the elderly couple.

Surprisingly the couple, rather than get angry were more interested in my welfare than their car

It was this crowd that gathered in front of pastor Emmanuel's house. The men were interrogating the man living inside pastors house while the women helped my husband to resuscitate me.

By the time I came around, I learnt that one of the homeless men in the street, noticed that pastor Emmanuel's house was devoid of human movement because of the death of the pastor, so he broke the back door and converted the house to his secretly.

He was confused at the banging of the door, he had decided not to open the door but due to my continuous banging of the door, he felt he had been discovered. He actually thought it was police with the woman he robbed few weeks ago that had come to arrest him.

So because of the persistent banging of the door he opened the door, but when he discovered it's not the police he decided to run away....

While everyone was shouting at the intruder, the elderly couples asked everyone to please be silent

And they actually used the situation to preach to us.

I mean our car is damaged, their brand new car too is damaged, we almost killed an only daughter, my husband is sitting on the floor, I just came back from a fainting spell, the neighbours just caught a thief.....

And all the elderly couple could do was to preach so calm as if we were in a nice cocktail party....

Gosh....

Talk of wrong timing....

But the words the elderly man spoke was like water poured on my fire

It went straight into my bones

It made me understand the reason for my troubles

And that's the reason I can write this book again

He said......

To be continued

(1) (Reply)

Girls Usually Say I Love You During Sex To Trap Or Manipulate You / What Does This Mean? / Nigerian Lady Kneels To Accept Boyfriend’s Marriage Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.