Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,530 members, 7,850,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:26 AM

I Have A Girl I Can Marry But These sensitive factors Stand Between Our Marriage - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Have A Girl I Can Marry But These sensitive factors Stand Between Our Marriage (2238 Views)

My Advice To Guys Who Intend To Marry But Are Not Dat Financially Bouyant. / Village In Africa Where Man's Joystick Will Be Flogged Before He Can Marry (Pix) / My Fiancee Left Me After I Used Our Marriage Money For My Mother's Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have A Girl I Can Marry But These sensitive factors Stand Between Our Marriage by Elitecool: 3:34am On Aug 23, 2020
CallMeGrace:
You jus have to let go...

Thanks! Just imagining how it will be for both of us for whatever decision we choose.
Re: I Have A Girl I Can Marry But These sensitive factors Stand Between Our Marriage by Kobicove(m): 3:49am On Aug 23, 2020
Elitecool:
Good day mates here present!
Hope you do keep the COVID safety guidelines there. Of course, I do here.

Now, Over to what currently bothers me that I hope I get fair responses here in the end.

Having graduated about 4yrs ago, I got a job within a year, after my NYSC. There's this babe whom I met in my place of work that we started dating till this moment. She's 23, I'm 30 - she lives with me in my 2- bedroom flat in my home town. We love each other so much.

To cut it short, few sensitive things could deny us settling down together as we're neither of the same tribe nor religion - her mother is a deaconess while her father is a pastor.

Right from the onset, we both knew we can't get married but you too know this invisible thing we call LOVE - I had many times tested her love towards me and found her worth having my heart - at a point, i told her: 'Can you convert to my religion but replied no' though, We trust and love each other so much.

Last month, I talked my mother in to how I love this girl and will marry her - though, she's always loved to see me marry a good wife one day. My mum was happy, but replied, she's gonna pray over it. After 3wks, she summoned me to tell me that 'the babe is not good for me that I can't marry her - this weighs me down so much that I didn't know what to do.

Last weekend, we chatted on phone because she's now travelled back to her state - she's a student who will soon graduate. Lovely conversations we had, but only to see her mad at me the moment I stylishly talked around the likely impossibility of we marrying - she got sick for 3days. Since I'm aware of the girl I date - I knew of how damaging it could end up being. So, I've called to tell her I love her. Amidst conversations, she's even planning with me how it could be possible.
Pls, kindly put yourself in my shoes; what would you do??

Thanks for anticipating!

After writing this epistle you still did not tell us the sensitive factors that stand in the way undecided
Re: I Have A Girl I Can Marry But These sensitive factors Stand Between Our Marriage by Elitecool: 3:53am On Aug 23, 2020
Kobicove:

After writing this epistle you still did not tell UA the sensitive factors that stand in the way undecided
Religion
Tribe
Re: I Have A Girl I Can Marry But These sensitive factors Stand Between Our Marriage by frozen70(f): 9:29am On Aug 23, 2020
Elitecool:
Good day mates here present!
Hope you do keep the COVID safety guidelines there. Of course, I do here.

Now, Over to what currently bothers me that I hope I get fair responses here in the end.

Having graduated about 4yrs ago, I got a job within a year, after my NYSC. There's this babe whom I met in my place of work that we started dating till this moment. She's 23, I'm 30 - she lives with me in my 2- bedroom flat in my home town. We love each other so much.

To cut it short, few sensitive things could deny us settling down together as we're neither of the same tribe nor religion - her mother is a deaconess while her father is a pastor.

Right from the onset, we both knew we can't get married but you too know this invisible thing we call LOVE - I had many times tested her love towards me and found her worth having my heart - at a point, i told her: 'Can you convert to my religion but replied no' though, We trust and love each other so much.

Last month, I talked my mother in to how I love this girl and will marry her - though, she's always loved to see me marry a good wife one day. My mum was happy, but replied, she's gonna pray over it. After 3wks, she summoned me to tell me that 'the babe is not good for me that I can't marry her - this weighs me down so much that I didn't know what to do.

Last weekend, we chatted on phone because she's now travelled back to her state - she's a student who will soon graduate. Lovely conversations we had, but only to see her mad at me the moment I stylishly talked around the likely impossibility of we marrying - she got sick for 3days. Since I'm aware of the girl I date - I knew of how damaging it could end up being. So, I've called to tell her I love her. Amidst conversations, she's even planning with me how it could be possible.
Pls, kindly put yourself in my shoes; what would you do??

Thanks for anticipating!

Her parents positions in the church will be solved after you must agree to wed her in her church, though that's the normal thing

Your mum need to be convinced that she is the only one who can make life worth living

You are the man actor in this, if you live her go for her,, there are no perfect woman and no perfect man, it all depends on God and luck of one's choice of partner
Re: I Have A Girl I Can Marry But These sensitive factors Stand Between Our Marriage by Elitecool: 1:51pm On Aug 23, 2020
frozen70:

Her parents positions in the church will be solved after you must agree to wed her in her church, though that's the normal thing

Your mum need to be convinced that she is the only one who can make life worth living

You are the man actor in this, if you live her go for her,, there are no perfect woman and no perfect man, it all depends on God and luck of one's choice of partner
You mean I should pretend being a Christian or choose to openly convert.
Re: I Have A Girl I Can Marry But These sensitive factors Stand Between Our Marriage by frozen70(f): 2:15pm On Aug 23, 2020
Elitecool:

You mean I should pretend being a Christian or choose to openly convert.

What brought about the word parented
Re: I Have A Girl I Can Marry But These sensitive factors Stand Between Our Marriage by Acidosis(m): 2:35pm On Aug 23, 2020
Religion is a big factor. Don't let anyone down play the role. You will have to deal with religious issues before the wedding, during the wedding, in your day-to-day affair, and every other way.

Parental differences is only a secondary issue. The primary issue is whether your wife would agree to give your child a Muslim name; whether you will allow your wife attend a church, hold vigils; whether your wife will entertain Alfas in the home; etc.
Re: I Have A Girl I Can Marry But These sensitive factors Stand Between Our Marriage by Ishilove: 2:44pm On Aug 23, 2020
Elitecool:

North central, Yoruba. Why did u say that?
Kwara.

You're asking her to convert but you are not willing to convert.

You better save yourself and the girl the imminent drama and go your separate ways.
Re: I Have A Girl I Can Marry But These sensitive factors Stand Between Our Marriage by Elitecool: 3:00pm On Aug 23, 2020
Ishilove:

Kwara.

You're asking her to convert but you are not willing to convert.

You better save yourself and the girl the imminent drama and go your separate ways.
You may not have gone through the post clinically. Besides, I've seldomly seen where a man converts to his wife's religion.
Kwara isn't the only Yoruba-speaking state of the region, mate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Guys Ever Say NO? / See My Plans On Helping Runz Girls This Year / Nigerian Gay Journalist Goes Public With His Partner (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.