Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,621 members, 7,816,561 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Is It Time To Let Go Or I Hold On - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Time To Let Go Or I Hold On (1058 Views)

“I Hold No Regrets”: Man Dumped Lover After 25 Years And Married Someone Else / My Thing Will Be Doing Like Ijebu Garri And Be Rising Whenever I Hold Her Hands / "Marry Me Or I Die"— Lady Faints "Repeatedly" On A Busy Road In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Time To Let Go Or I Hold On by sript: 10:09pm On Aug 22, 2020
its three years and less than two months to make it 4 years since I've been dating my girlfriend .At the beginning it was great and everything was rosy, she was head and heels in love with me. sincerely she loved me more than I love her, after a year of our dating I saw how deep she loves me and she was dead serious about it. so, I decided to love her even with every ounce of my energy.. for two good years everything seems perfect to an extent I never entertained the thought of any woman. But along the line, she cheated on me and she confided to a good male friend of hers (even I didn't know him at the time) so he advised her to quit the relationship which she did. she told me all about it I was hurt but I forgave her on the ground that Im madly in love with her and because she was the who told me herself, and I saw indeed she truly sorry and I quickly forgot and everything went back to normal.

years passed, she would complain about me not calling her often, (which I was guilty of) she would text me but wouldn't reply (this one ehn, I'm really not texting type... also guilty)

when it comes to calling, it was not as if I was not totally calling her, I called when I only have airtime cause Im a student and almost always broke. being an understanding girl she would be like IF U DON'T HAVE AIRTIME JUST FLASH, yet I was busy with other stuff and not paying much attention to her (I regretted it)
while all these was going on, my love for her was /is undeniable.. but my greatest undoing was not paying much attention as she demanded

Back home due to corona, weeks passed so I noticed changes in her I decided to confront her, she said she has moved on(i thought of death at that moment, as no one as ever broken my heart before) it was there I realized my biggest mistake of my life.. so I pleaded but to no avail, even her her own male bestie plea was not enough (I promised that I was going to change which I did) .. I kept on cause I'm afraid of losing her., after about two weeks she told me she doesn't feel anything for me that I've ignored her for too long as she had lost interest in me ..i met her younger sister and immediate elder brother to help me talk to her.. Months has gone by now since she accepted me back and that she forgave me , but I realized she was not wasn't given me attention she now give me some little attitude.. she told me in other to be able to get her full attention I have a lot of work to do, though she still loves me because I have damaged a lot in her, and a guy is now in her life.

my question is, how long will I wait till she gets back to me (cause I been doing more now than before financially, attention etc)
or I should
walk away? (simp?)
I do love this babe like crazy
Re: Is It Time To Let Go Or I Hold On by SUPERPACK: 10:12pm On Aug 22, 2020
Go and continue hustling and leave that stinking puss1 alone. When you make that money just go to the nearest market and buy a new girl.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Time To Let Go Or I Hold On by chuddyforlife(m): 10:19pm On Aug 22, 2020
buk
Re: Is It Time To Let Go Or I Hold On by paulolee(m): 10:37pm On Aug 22, 2020
guy dey o...atimes i do read stories here with doubt because the things i do see does not look like whats really happening..
na girl they frustrate you like this to the extent that you asked her male bestie to beg her....na wah o
Y CNT u jus forget her and move on, abi na she de gv u tools and updates wey u take de bomb online??

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Let Go Or I Hold On by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 22, 2020
I don't support any lady who cheats because of lack of attention yen yen yen, if you can't cope in a relationship simply walk out with your head up and shoulders high.Go and concentrate on your studies and leave love alone for now.School love? count me out,I can never reason a student,its all nonsense.Hope you are not having sex,say no to premarital sex.

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Let Go Or I Hold On by phazotron(m): 10:58pm On Aug 22, 2020
sript:
its three years and less than two months since I've been dating my girlfriend .At the beginning it was great and everything was rosy, she was head and heels in love with me. sincerely she loved me more than I love her, after a year of our dating I saw how deep she loves me and she was dead serious about it. so, I decided to love her even with ounce of my energy.. for two good years everything seems perfect to an extent I never entertained the thought of any woman. But along the line, she cheated on me and she confided to a good male friend of hers (even I didn't know him the time) so he advised her to quit the relationship which she did. she told me all about it I was hurt but I forgave her on the ground that Im madly in love with her and because she was the who told me herself, and I saw indeed she truly sorry and I quickly forgot and everything went back to normal.

years passed, she would complain about me not calling her often, (which I was guilty of) she would text me but wouldn't reply (this one ehn, I'm really not texting type... also guilty)

when it comes to calling, it was as if I was not totally calling her, I called when I only have airtime cause Im a student and almost always broke. being an understanding girl she would be like IF U DON'T HAVE AIRTIME JUST FLASH, yet I was busy with other stuff and not paying much attention to her (I regretted it)
while all these was going on, my love for her was /is undeniable.. but my greatest undoing was not paying much attention as she asking demand..

Back home. due to corona, weeks passed so I noticed changes in her I decided to confront her, she said she has moved on it was there I realized my biggest mistake of my life.. so I pleaded but to no avail, even her her own male bestie plea was not enough.. I kept on cause I'm afraid of losing her., after about two weeks she told me she doesn't feel anything for me that I've ignored her for too long ..i met her younger sister and immediate elder brother to help me talk to her.. Months has gone by now since she accepted me back and that she forgiven me , but I realized she was not wasn't given me attention she now give me some little attitude.. she told me in other to be able to get her full attention I have a lot of work to do, though she still loves me because I have damaged a lot in her, and a guy is now in her life.

my question is, how long will I wait till she gets back to me (cause I been doing more now than before financially, attention etc)
or I should
walk away? (simp?)
I do love this babe like crazy

I dey similar situation with you. Met her last year at place of work. She loved me for who I was, deeply. And I did love her too. She was a hyper romantic and wanted a lot of attention which I couldn't deliver on a lot of the time because of my busy schedule and my not very romantic personality which made her question my love for her almost constantly. after a series of disagreements, I took rash decisions out of impatience (which is one of my weaknesses) which cemented her belief that I didn't love her and she Changed drastically. I begged her severally for us to go back to the way things were but she never changed so I broke things up improperly (impatience maybe?). Few months later I called to apologize about Everything and for me to right the wrongs of the past. She says she forgives me but we can only be friends. Even at that, her behaviour still doesn't even reflect forgiveness or the willingness for us to be friends on her part. The reality of this kind of matter is that even if you guys get back together, it will never be like before and you will be at the receiving end. She will have freedom to do anything she wants and you no go fit do anything about am cause na she get upper hand. Even me I'm finding it hard to move on but I think that's the best thing to do. It will never be the same again even if she forgives me and you. A lesson to guys. If you find that girl that really loves you, try not to screw things up. Everytime I remember her, Bruno Mars "when I was your man" comes to mind. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Let Go Or I Hold On by phazotron(m): 10:59pm On Aug 22, 2020
Zzor:
I don't support any lady who cheats because of lack of attention yen yen yen, if you can't cope in a relationship simply walk out with your head up and shoulders high.Go and concentrate on your studies and leave love alone for now.School love? count me out,I can never reason a student,its all nonsense.Hope you are not having sex,say no to premarital sex.

Yeah.....you're right Sha.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Time To Let Go Or I Hold On by sript: 11:23pm On Aug 22, 2020
paulolee:
guy dey o...atimes i do read stories here with doubt because the things i do see does not look like whats really happening..
na girl they frustrate you like this to the extent that you asked her male bestie to beg her....na wah o
Y CNT u jus forget her and move on, abi na she de gv u tools and updates wey u take de bomb online??

bro she is my first love and we been together for almost 4years...

the thought of losing her to another man drives me insane.. I have invested a lot in the relationship and that is y I hate to see it crushed under my watch..

simp?
Re: Is It Time To Let Go Or I Hold On by Hed0nist: 11:35pm On Aug 22, 2020
Why do I sense that the male bestie is being a legend in his own little way? grin

4 Likes

Re: Is It Time To Let Go Or I Hold On by sript: 11:40pm On Aug 22, 2020
[b][/b]
phazotron:

I dey similar situation with you. Met her last year at place of work. She loved me for who I was, deeply. And I did love her too. She was a hyper romantic and wanted a lot of attention which I couldn't deliver on a lot of the time because of my busy schedule and my not very romantic personality which made her question my love for her almost constantly. after a series of disagreements, I took rash decisions out of impatience (which is one of my weaknesses) which cemented her belief that I didn't love her and she Changed drastically. I begged her severally for us to go back to the way things were but she never changed so I broke things up improperly (impatience maybe?). Few months later I called to apologize about Everything and for me to right the wrongs of the past. She says she forgives me but we can only be friends. Even at that, her behaviour still doesn't even reflect forgiveness or the willingness for us to be friends on her part. The reality of this kind of matter is that even if you guys get back together, it will never be like before and you will be at the receiving end. She will have freedom to do anything she wants and you no go fit do anything about am cause na she get upper hand. Even me I'm finding it hard to move on but I think that's the best thing to do. It will never be the same again even if she forgives me and you. A lesson to guys. If you find that girl that really loves you, try not to screw things up. Everytime I remember her, Bruno Mars "when I was your man" comes to mind. embarassed
[b]
phazotron:

[/b]
phazotron:

bro u are right on point... I mean oil dey ur head

I mean she now do anything in front of me.. she receives call the way she likes and even with little fear but guy man no fit talk..
some girls can be foolish o.. I mean this supposed new guy leaves in Lagos while we are in ondo state

...i now see y some guys commit suicide

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Let Go Or I Hold On by realest2(m): 11:55pm On Aug 22, 2020
sript:
[/b][b]

I mean she now do anything in front of me.. she receives call the way she likes and even with little fear but guy man no fit talk..
some girls can be foolish o.. I mean this supposed new guy leaves in Lagos while we are in ondo state

lol, she has your balls in her hand bro. the best thing is to move on. she's going to make you a simp if you keep at it

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Let Go Or I Hold On by paulolee(m): 6:58am On Aug 23, 2020
sript:

bro she is my first love and we been together for almost 4years...

the thought of losing her to another man drives me insane.. I have invested a lot in the relationship and that is y I hate to see it crushed under my watch..

simp?
Yes, and a big simp at dt, all those things u mentioned doesnt mean dt u would bow down n worship her because she would do worst as times goes by, if she even accept u back, dnt be suprised wen u return back home and see her banging anoda gee on ur bed, instead of showing remorse she would ask u to wait outside till she's tru..

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Let Go Or I Hold On by Favy1235(f): 7:41am On Aug 23, 2020
The earlier you leave her the better for you
Re: Is It Time To Let Go Or I Hold On by phazotron(m): 7:54am On Aug 23, 2020
sript:
[/b][b]

Exactly the issue with these kinds of situations

Even me I go free her eventually

This is how these girls set themselves up for heartbreak

Of all the guys in Ondo na the one wey dey Lagos she dey pursue

Na so one wey I dey reason dey pursue guy wey dey delta state

Make God bless us with the person who go love we for we

Theres nothing better than that.
Re: Is It Time To Let Go Or I Hold On by sript: 12:14pm On Aug 23, 2020
phazotron:

Exactly the issue with these kinds of situations

Even me I go free her eventually

This is how these girls set themselves up for heartbreak

Of all the guys in Ondo na the one wey dey Lagos she dey pursue

Na so one wey I dey reason dey pursue guy wey dey delta state

Make God bless us with the person who go love we for we

Theres nothing better than that.

OK thanks..

I had peep to her chart with her male bestie, mehn she Flet slot with him.. the bestie calling her all sorts of sweets name.. my head wan burst.. though no mention of getting down sha
Re: Is It Time To Let Go Or I Hold On by phazotron(m): 5:31pm On Aug 23, 2020
sript:

OK thanks..

I had peep to her chart with her male bestie, mehn she Flet slot with him.. the bestie calling her all sorts of sweets name.. my head wan burst.. though no mention of getting down sha

Shebi person don talk am before.....na the bestie they run the package.....lol..... dating a chica who has a male bestie na dangerous territory o
Re: Is It Time To Let Go Or I Hold On by lanzini309: 6:09pm On Aug 23, 2020
guy i understand you but reason am like this if you die d babe go flex life oo. Be wise man ladies plenty the one wei go even love you pass her is still out there just stop acting like a simp around her be a man that's the only way you can earn your respect back. if e go be e go be one love bro.

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Let Go Or I Hold On by sript: 11:00pm On Aug 23, 2020
lanzini309:
guy i understand you but reason am like this if you die d babe go flex life oo. Be wise man ladies plenty the one wei go even love you pass her is still out there just stop acting like a simp around her be a man that's the only way you can earn your respect back. if e go be e go be one love bro.

thanks for your kind words of encouragement..

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Let Go Or I Hold On by AfroKnight: 11:19pm On Aug 23, 2020
You’re still a student. You have time.

If you like, be running after babe wey dey use you catch cruise.

You will learn.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See Why This Babe Give Me Hot Slap Today. / Breaking Bad / Yoruba Girls Take This L

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.