Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

What Is Data Science And Its Application - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is Data Science And Its Application (3465 Views)

Is Data Science Worth Learning / How Important Is Data Structures And Algorithm To Pro Developers / Is Data Science Worth It In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 2:37pm On Sep 15, 2020
That's pretty good maomex!
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 9:23pm On Sep 17, 2020
�Most tech companies use this model to determine profit, kindly figure out this problem out.

*Cost, Revenue, and Profit In*
Using this model:
R = 89.95×
C = 61x + 875

The revenue R from selling x units and the cost C of
producing x units of a product are given. In order to obtain a profit, the revenue must be greater than the cost. For what values of x will this product produce a profit?
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 2:51pm On Sep 19, 2020
The cost of running the economy is greater than the revenue Nigeria generates..That's why Nigeria has a high debt profile.. The Nigeria government need to learn how to reduce cost, and invest wisely.....therein can we make progress....
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 5:57pm On Sep 20, 2020
Machine Learning..enthusiast Gather here as we start our training.....
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 6:13pm On Sep 20, 2020
Cplusplus and Java are high level programming language, it's called embedded programming that communicates directly with the hardware of a computer.

Programming language like C++ are used to program wristwatches, electronics device, cars, e.t.c

Web programming language like JavaScript are used to program a website, they add more functionality to a website. JavaScript is a client side scripting language.

Python is a server side scripting language used for data base system
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 6:15pm On Sep 20, 2020
Computer is defined as an electronic device, capable of performing commands, the commands a computer perform are input (get data), output (display result), storage and performs arithmetic and logical operations .

According to the above definition. I want each and everyone one of you to give me an example of a computer device?
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 6:24pm On Sep 20, 2020
The phones you guys used is an example of computer, it's a mini computer...
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 7:36pm On Sep 20, 2020
Computer performs ARITHMETIC and LOGICAL OPERATIONS
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 7:36pm On Sep 20, 2020
You have to be grounded in Arithmetic for you to be a good programmer
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 7:37pm On Sep 20, 2020
Without storage, computers cannot perform calculations, because all programs have to be loaded into the MAIN MEMORY (RAM), Which is the primary memory of a computer, for it to be executed
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 7:38pm On Sep 20, 2020
Without RAM a computer cannot boot.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 8:03pm On Sep 20, 2020
The processor is directly connected to the RAM, and it's the most expensive piece of a computer
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 8:26pm On Sep 21, 2020
The secondary storage of a computer stores information permanently. Examples are CD-ROM, hard disk, flash e.t.c
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 8:27pm On Sep 21, 2020
When you open your facebook, it will first of all load in the RAM,for it to be executed, even your watsapp
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 8:28pm On Sep 21, 2020
Computer understands 0s and 1s, that's the language of a computer, which is called machine language.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 8:29pm On Sep 21, 2020
A bit: binary digit 0 and 1
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 8:29pm On Sep 21, 2020
A sequence of 0s and 1s is referred to as binary code or a binary number
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by Bahat: 9:03pm On Sep 23, 2020
chrisUmendeche:
Cplusplus and Java are high level programming language, it's called embedded programming that communicates directly with the hardware of a computer.
Python is a higher level language than both cpp and Java

Programming language like C++ are used to program wristwatches, electronics device, cars, e.t.c also called Embedded system

Web programming language like JavaScript are used to program a website, they add more functionality to a website. JavaScript is a client side scripting language.

Python is a server side scripting language used for data base system. Not true:: python on server side is a bit slower than php. It's best at writing automation works
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 6:30pm On Sep 24, 2020
You got all twisted and complex. Check the history of programming languages and how it evolved...
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by Bahat: 8:32pm On Sep 24, 2020
chrisUmendeche:
You got all twisted and complex. Check the history of programming languages and how it evolved...

Most people don't read about history of what they working on. All we want is getting started as soon as possible. Tueh. I remember while I was obsessed with Unix I read the history even history of computer networks.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 9:26pm On Sep 24, 2020
You can get started and head towards the wrong direction due to lack of information....No hurry in life..
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by Bahat: 10:31pm On Sep 24, 2020
My time learning Unix wasn't fruitless it gave me a edge, yes I can say that because it gave me much knowledge about internals, when I moved to windows I have no problem getting what I wanted to know. Why because I already have the prerequisites because I always dig deep. I started out in this field getting a cert in ceh so I know where I'm headed to. Still learning
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by awo666(m): 10:32pm On Sep 24, 2020
I came across this thread today and I am already fascinated with what I have read so far. I can only commend the Op and the contributors. I will join the group by tomorrow.
by the way, I am new to data science and know barely nothing but I want to delve into this field knowing that I am a research and want to be in academics. my focus in academics is migration, cultural and media studies. I am about to start my PhD and I know being wide in data science will give me a great skill to not only be successful in academics but be a professional in data analytics and artificial intelligence.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by awo666(m): 10:34pm On Sep 24, 2020
I am ready to be tutored, guided and mentored in this. I will appreciate if I will have this opportunity here.
thank you and God bless you all for this great innovation.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 10:47pm On Sep 24, 2020
Bahat:
My time learning Unix wasn't fruitless it gave me a edge, yes I can say that because it gave me much knowledge about internals, when I moved to windows I have no problem getting what I wanted to know. Why because I already have the prerequisites because I always dig deep. I started out in this field getting a cert in ceh so I know where I'm headed to. Still learning

Wish you all the best bro...keep it up...We need people like you to help change the narratives of this country...we need problem solvers...
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 10:47pm On Sep 24, 2020
awo666:
I am ready to be tutored, guided and mentored in this. I will appreciate if I will have this opportunity here.
thank you and God bless you all for this great innovation.

You are welcome bro..
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by Bahat: 11:08pm On Sep 24, 2020
chrisUmendeche:

Wish you all the best bro...keep it up...We need people like you to help change the narratives of this country...we need problem solvers...

We are here, we will do our best.

1 Like

Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 11:49pm On Sep 24, 2020
Bahat:

We are here, we will do our best.

Good
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 8:17am On Sep 26, 2020
Sets and Real Numbers

The term use to refer to a collection of objects is called sets. For example { 1, 2, 3....} contains three numbers 1, 2, 3. Note that a pair of braces { } is used to list the members of the set.

The sets of numbers used in mathematics is called the set of real numbers . The term real distinguishes between real number and imaginary number.

The set of real numbers has many important subsets. If each member of a set A is also a member of set B, then A is called a subset of B.

For Instance.

{1, 2, 3...} is the set of natural numbers or positive integers and also a subset of the set of real numbers. Every positive integer is a real number. The numbers -2, 0 and 1/2 are real numbers, but are not positive integers.

Positive integers can be used to describe many things you encounter in everyday life.
For instance, you might be taking four classes this term. You might also have a zero balance in your account balance, to describe quantity such as this, you need to expand the set of positive integers to include 0.

To describe a quantity such as temperature of -5⁰F, you need to expand the set of whole numbers to include negative integers.

SET OF INTEGERS INCLUDE
- Positive integers
- Negative integers

Examples of positive integers are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5....
Example of Negative integers are -1, -2, -3, -4, -5.....

The number 0 is neither a positive or negative integer.

RATIONAL NUMBERS
A number is said to be rational if it can be written as a ratio of two integers. 3/4 is a rational number, so is 0.5 (it can be written as 1/2)

IRRATIONAL NUMBER cannot be written as a ratio of two integers. Example: positive square root of 2.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 3:33pm On Oct 01, 2020
CONTINUATION ON MACHINE LEARNING COURSE

Softwares are programs that performs a specific task.

We have two types of programs: They are Application programs and System programs

1) *Application Programs* : They are programs that performs a specific task, examples of application programs are word processors, spreadsheet and games

2) *System Programs:* control the computer.The system program that loads first when you turn on your computer is called Operating system. Without operating system the computer is useless. The Operating system handles the overall activity of the computer . Some of these services include memory management, input/output activities and storage management .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria's Own Facebook(social Network) / How Can I Create Multiplication Table Using Qbasic And Fortran? PLS HELP! / Help With This:checking For Blank Textboxes In C#

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.