Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,887 members, 7,828,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Onye Ga Edu Anyi? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Onye Ga Edu Anyi? (4664 Views)

Ndi Anambra Ka Anyi Gbakobanu Ebea Mata Onwe Anyi! Anambra Obodo Dike! / Ndi Be Anyi, dem-people Na-ekele Unu. / Onye Ji Ofor-an Ibo Saying. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by EzeUche2(m): 8:21am On Feb 18, 2011
^^^

Do not be like that, I have respect for my elders. I think you are old enough to be my mother. grin
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 18, 2011
how old are you?

32 or 28?

then your mother is like twice my age.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

^^^

Her use of "Ibo" instead of "Igbo" is something a true Igbo would not do grin

in[b] your[/b] opinion.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by EzeUche2(m): 8:26am On Feb 18, 2011
tpiah, please do not derail this thread. I was starting tolerate you more. Do not revert back to the "old" tpiah.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 18, 2011
^^too many smilies, bro.

are you high?

were you tolerating me?

i didnt notice but now that you've mentioned it, i'll be on the lookout.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by EzeUche2(m): 8:31am On Feb 18, 2011
^^^

Ike gwuru m.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Nobody: 8:32am On Feb 18, 2011
^^alaileko.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by EzeUche2(m): 8:34am On Feb 18, 2011
tpiah!:

^^alaileko.

I was not insulting you. undecided
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 18, 2011
yeah you were.

then neither was i.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by fstranger3(m): 8:35am On Feb 18, 2011
Tpiah, you again

Fighting every one?

Are you interested in that Ibo boy? Say so instead of perambulating around the bush
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by aljharem(m): 8:35am On Feb 18, 2011
tpiah!:

yeah you were.

no i think he was saying he was tried undecided
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 18, 2011
alj harem:

does it matter. undecided
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by fstranger3(m): 8:36am On Feb 18, 2011
alj harem:

Tpiah needs attention really bad so she tries to pick fights any where she can

Her real life sucks

Alhaji, do you want Tpiah?
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Chyz2: 8:37am On Feb 18, 2011
tpiah!:

yeah you were.

then neither was i.

No he actually wasn't

alj harem:

no i think he was saying[b] he was tried[/b] undecided

Thank you. Al haram,kedu? cheesy
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Nobody: 8:38am On Feb 18, 2011
fstranger3:

Tpiah, you again

Fighting every one?

Are you interested in that Ibo boy? Say so instead of perambulating around the bush

should i be interested in you instead?

una no go knock head that way?

abeg no be una matter bring me inside here.

so, go away and stop disturbing.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Freewilly(f): 8:38am On Feb 18, 2011
So sad this nice thread is now derailed. sad
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 18, 2011
Chyz*:

No he actually wasn't

doesnt matter!!!

abeg make i comot for here because una wan turn the thread into another thing.

all i said was kobojunkie's igboness is no mystery.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by fstranger3(m): 8:39am On Feb 18, 2011
Tpiah, stop lying, yes you were insulting the boy.

Alaileko means some one without good home training; in a way you were insulting his parents

Even though, he has done nothing wrong to you

Temitope Tpiah, is there something bothering you?  Wanna talk about it?
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 18, 2011
^^not here, for goodness sake.

do you not comprehend english.

leave the thread for the thread owners.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by EzeUche2(m): 8:42am On Feb 18, 2011
Nke a bu ihe oghom.

The thread has been derailed.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Onlytruth(m): 9:26am On Feb 18, 2011
Ezeuche nwee okwukwe! Onweghi ihe g'eme ndi igbo.

Chukwu huru ndi igbo n'anya n'uzo pure iche. O goziri anyi nke ukwu! Asi na obughi maka chukwu, ndi iro anyi aka ememina anyi kamgbe! Ya mere, atula egwu.

Ihe anyi kwesiri idi na eme oge nile bu ihurita onwe anyi n'anya, maka ndi iro.

Chukwu ga atuputara anyi onye ndu n'oge n'adighi anya.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by henry101(m): 9:50am On Feb 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

She is not Igbo. However, she understand language like someone who was born and bred in Igboland. She also knows Yoruba and Hausa. She remains a mystery of her ethnic origins. And she is someone you will love to hate.

I think she is Igbo,
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Obiagu1(m): 1:11pm On Feb 18, 2011
Kobojunkie is NOT Igbo, she grew up in the East. Certainly she schooled in Aba (she said so) but has family in Enugu.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Justcash(m): 1:33pm On Feb 18, 2011
Obiagu1:

Kobojunkie is NOT Igbo, she grew up in the East. Certainly she schooled in Aba (she said so) but has family in Enugu.

If she grew up in the East and still writes Igbo as"Ibo", then she either gat a problem with Igbos or she simply didn't mix up with Igbos. Anyone that grew in Igboland would not make such a mistake.
Anyway, it seems she gat a problem with Igbos. If she could read this post, she should know that it is Igbo, not Ibo.

@Ezeuche : Anyi ga enwe onye Nzoputa mgbe na adighi anya. Nwe Ndidi.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Obiagu1(m): 1:48pm On Feb 18, 2011
Justcash:

If she grew up in the East and still writes Igbo as"Ibo", then she either gat a problem with Igbos or she simply didn't mix up with Igbos. Anyone that grew in Igboland would not make such a mistake.
Anyway, it seems she gat a problem with Igbos. If she could read this post, she should know that it is Igbo, not Ibo.

@Ezeuche : Anyi ga enwe onye Nzoputa mgbe na adighi anya. Nwe Ndidi.

Definitely she does have problem with the Igbos especially with Aba town and Orji Uzor Kalu. Don't even bother to correct her, she'll never write 'Igbo', just don't try.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Dede1(m): 1:56pm On Feb 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:
I have narrowed it down to Education – many of our people are not taught to be critical thinkers from early age and so when they see and know what is wrong, they instead move to justify it by pretending if they ignore it, it will all be fine, somehow. It is hard to not notice this.

Until we start re-educating our people and informing them, we are likely to see this trend continue. What is happening now in places like Egypt, Tunisia, etc, is more and more people are getting themselves informed, asking questions of those in leadership(rather than jumping to defend them from those who question their intelligence/integrity) and making demands on them. This is what we need our people to do, and this is not just an ibo problem but an all Nigeria problem.

Anyone who wants to save Ibo land, Yoruba Land, Or even Hausa land, should start by educating people on their rights and their place in our democracy. We need to stop this 'Omenala' attitude to deciphering right and wrong and instead embrace a more critical approach to solving our problems.

What is the education being highlighted on this post? Which category of the word-education is lacking among Nigerians. My take is Nigerians are adequately educated in every meaning of word however the political experiences and the configuration of the country are irreversible hindrances on the socio-political growth of Nigerian society.

Anybody who tends to tread light on the political issues of yesteryears starting from the period of protectorate through the civil war to post-civil war era of Nigeria is condescendingly disingenuous.

You can never run away from your shadow and can never teach ideology to an empty stomach. Nigeria is a cesspit and the inhabitants can not see a unified sense of growth until it’s is disintegrated.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by naijaking1: 2:05pm On Feb 18, 2011
Obiagu1:

Definitely she does have problem with the Igbos especially with Aba town and Orji Uzor Kalu. Don't even bother to correct her, she'll never write 'Igbo', just don't try.

The most vociferous enemies of Ndigbo are people who lived in Igboland, benefited from Igbo magnanimity, knows Igboland, but somehow had a personal problem they could attribute to an Igbo person(s).
Think about Adaka Boro---Igbos stidents made him student union president at UNN, not minding that he was Ijaw. Think about Ken Saro Wiwa who went to school in Igboland, had many Igbo friends. Then think about Chief Clark, whose personal grouse against Igbo people was the civil service----the list goes on.
So spare me from someone who has demonstrated knowledge of Igboland, but could never hide her venom for Igbo people and Igbo progress.
Onye ndi iro gbara gburugburu n'eche ndu ya nche mgbe nile, obugoduru n'onye iro ahu biri n'Aba.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Dede1(m): 2:19pm On Feb 18, 2011
I really do not give a ratarse if Kobojunkie is an Igbo, Yoruba, Tiv, Ibibio, Hausa or Ijo. However, I think she is of an Igbo mother and she did school at Aba. There is nothing wrong in her writing Ibo for Igbo after all in certain circles the ethnic group has been described as Eboe, Ibo or Igbo. There was a time when the language is known as Igbo and the people as Ibo. But recently, the ethnic group deemed it proper to be referred as Igbo instead of Ibo. Talking about education, if junkie insists on referring to Igbo as Ibo it is no doubt a testament to her level of education or lack thereof.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Dede1(m): 2:41pm On Feb 18, 2011
naijaking1:

The most vociferous enemies of Ndigbo are people who lived in Igboland, benefited from Igbo magnanimity, knows Igboland, but somehow had a personal problem they could attribute to an Igbo person(s).
Think about Adaka Boro---Igbos stidents made him student union president at UNN, not minding that he was Ijaw. Think about Ken Saro Wiwa who went to school in Igboland, had many Igbo friends. Then think about Chief Clark, whose personal grouse against Igbo people was the civil service----the list goes on.
So spare me from someone who has demonstrated knowledge of Igboland, but could never hide her venom for Igbo people and Igbo progress.
Onye ndi iro gbara gburugburu n'eche ndu ya nche mgbe nile, obugoduru n'onye iro ahu biri n'Aba.

Bros, I heard you clearly. It is even pathetically ridiculous when such turncoats are members of the so-called minority ethnic groups.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by naijaking1: 3:52pm On Feb 18, 2011
If there is going to be any benefit from the overt oppression of Igbos in the Nigerian state dating back to the massacre of 1960s, to the you-have-to-pay-the-penalty-of-defeat attitude of the preceeding millitary juntas of the 1970s and 80s, to the current under-representation at the federal level, it has to be that the Igbos have found a need to present some form of a united front.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Kobojunkie: 3:57pm On Feb 18, 2011
Dede1:

What is the education being highlighted on this post? Which category of the word-education is lacking among Nigerians. My take is Nigerians are adequately educated in every meaning of word however the political experiences and the configuration of the country are irreversible hindrances on the socio-political growth of Nigerian society.   

WOW . . . . This is what I mean by the lack of critical thinking skills. Rather than actually analyzing the current, you are still stuck in the loop of the past. How does one change the future that way? I am not certain if you are a Christian but please consult your pastor on what God says of the past and what we need to do with it.

Education is an ONGOING process. Even the most college educated still has nothing if he does not understand his current surroundings and how to change it. He has to constantly educate himself so he can stay up to date on how to better his life. We just watched and saw how the young of Egypt, were able to set aside their past squabbles, educated themselves on their rights as individuals and as Egyptians -- then took to the streets to demand changes for themselves.

Critical thinking skills are lacking with majority of Nigerians . . . that is why people make excuses for the thieves-in-power and do not stand up for their right. Some do not even take the time to learn what their right is and if it is they to serve the politicians or the politicians to server them. How can you help these people? Simple -- by EDUCATING them on their rights, their place in government, and the need for them to demand change if they truly want change to the status quo.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by matazzmagi(m): 6:55pm On Feb 18, 2011
UMU IGBO ka anyi mara kwa na anyi ga afu onwe anyi na anya, makana onwero kwa onye ozo ga acho kwa odimma anyi na obodo hu bu nigeria.O buru kwa na anyi eji ro ofu obi. Unu mara kwa na nso-gbu di kwa,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Is Not Yoruba Land By Oba Akinolu / Names Of Some Animals In Igbo Language / What Is This Notorious Itchy Plant Called In Your Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.