Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,077 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Onye Ga Edu Anyi? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Onye Ga Edu Anyi? (4634 Views)

Ndi Anambra Ka Anyi Gbakobanu Ebea Mata Onwe Anyi! Anambra Obodo Dike! / Ndi Be Anyi, dem-people Na-ekele Unu. / Onye Ji Ofor-an Ibo Saying. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by EzeUche2(m): 3:46am On Feb 18, 2011
Onye ga edu anyi? Kedu ngbe anya m ga ahu onye nzoputa m? I ga agwa nwu m?
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Kobojunkie: 3:50am On Feb 18, 2011
You mean Massob, Ohaneze etc are not enough? We need more cooks in this already out there soup? cry cry cry
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Chyz2: 3:52am On Feb 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

Uche, the way things are looking, that messiah is going to have to come from abroad.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by EzeUche2(m): 3:59am On Feb 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You mean Massob, Ohaneze etc are not enough? We need more cooks in this already out there soup? cry cry cry

Manu na miri adighi agwako ofuma. You are like oil, and we (Igbos) are water. Most of the time, I see you at odds with the Ndigbo.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by EzeUche2(m): 4:01am On Feb 18, 2011
Chyz*:

Uche, the way things are looking, that messiah is going to have to come from abroad.

Ebe ka anyi si ebe a ga eje? If we must look abroad for a leader.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Kobojunkie: 4:05am On Feb 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

Manu na miri adighi agwako ofuma. You are like oil, and we (Igbos) are water. Most of the time, I see you at odds with the Ndigbo.
^^^ Good for you but I am free to comment on Ibo, Yoruba, Ibibio, hausa, Egyptian issues in much the same way you can.   grin This is nairaland -- you don't like it, then create your own private forum somewhere else where you can control the comments.

I hope by now you have now that I am unfazed by the insults as it only reveals the caliber of people thinking they are clued in on the life of Ibos or any other people out there.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Chyz2: 4:12am On Feb 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

Ebe ka anyi si ebe a ga eje? If we must look abroad for a leader.

Well, there is no particular place but, you will know the person/people by their stripes and passion. People like us here in the U.S. are going to have to be the ones, we have the zeal and love. People like Udezue are the ones, hey, it may be him, who knows? People who have been outside of nigeria and have reshaped their thing and can look from the outside in are those people. Out, of a crowd that one person will come out, but definitely they ain't in nigeria,at least the ones who were born raised and never left the country/Africa.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Obiagu1(m): 4:24am On Feb 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

Onye ga edu anyi ga bu ofu onye n'ime anyi.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Chyz2: 4:26am On Feb 18, 2011
Obiagu1:

Gbam!
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by EzeUche2(m): 4:30am On Feb 18, 2011
Chyz*:

Well, there is no particular place but, you will know the person/people by their stripes and passion. People like us here in the U.S. are going to have to be the ones, we have the zeal and love. People like Udezue are the ones, hey, it may be him, who knows? People who have been outside of nigeria and have reshaped their thing and can look from the outside in are those people. Out, of a crowd that one person will come out, but definitely they ain't in nigeria,at least the ones who were born raised and never left the country/Africa.

There is nothing more dangerous than someone who knows our language, culture and ways.   undecided
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Kobojunkie: 4:35am On Feb 18, 2011
Critical thinking is what is needed on the part of the PEOPLE . . . not a messiah from a land beyond beyond
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by EzeUche2(m): 4:37am On Feb 18, 2011
Obiagu1:

Agreed.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by aljharem11(m): 4:39am On Feb 18, 2011
ezeuche and co, you people have started again with all this igbo threads. undecided
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by EzeUche2(m): 4:39am On Feb 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Critical thinking is what is needed on the part of the PEOPLE . . .  not a messiah  from a land beyond beyond

The PEOPLE do not know what is good for them. This business as usual attitude that I see prevalent in Nigeria is astounding. I have a hard time comprehending, why the people do not rise up against our leaders. In addition, I cannot understand why Nigerian leaders, who have been abroad, do not wish to emulate the infrastructure of the developed countries they have been too.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by EzeUche2(m): 4:41am On Feb 18, 2011
alj harem1:

ezeuche and co, you people have started again with all this igbo threads.  undecided

You do not even know what is being discussed in this thread. This thread is about how to move Igboland forward. Can't my people discuss how to improve our region?

Is creating a thread dedicated to Igboland bad?

1 Like

Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by aljharem11(m): 4:43am On Feb 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

The PEOPLE do not know what is good for them. This business as usual attitude that I see prevalent in Nigeria is astounding. I have a hard time comprehending, why the people do not rise up against our leaders. In addition, I cannot understand why Nigerian leaders, who have been abroad, do not wish to emulate the infrastructure of the developed countries they have been too.

ezeuche, it goes more than that

our leaders know what to do but they can not do it for simple reason called internal forces (tribalism, business men etc) and external forces (UN, western countries etc)
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Chyz2: 4:43am On Feb 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

There is nothing more dangerous than someone who knows our language, culture and ways.   undecided

You are right, but the person I am talking about is Igbo, either born in nigeria and lived abroad for some time, or born and raised in abroad but has love and passion for Ndigbo.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by aljharem11(m): 4:46am On Feb 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

You do not even know what is being discussed in this thread. This thread is about how to move Igboland forward. Can't my people discuss how to improve our region?

Is creating a thread dedicated to Igboland bad?

yes it is bad, infact it is terrible in the sense that igbos are nigerians and what affect igbos affect everyone in nigeria. how many ethnic groups have you seen do that if not igbo. it just shows that there is inferiority complex worrying igbos on nairaland

it is all about igbo, why not go to the cultural section undecided
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by EzeUche2(m): 4:52am On Feb 18, 2011
alj harem1:

yes it is bad, infact it is terrible in the sense that igbos are nigerians and what affect igbos affect everyone in nigeria. how many ethnic groups have you seen do that if not igbo. it just shows that there is inferiority complex worrying igbos on nairaland

it is all about igbo, why not go to the cultural section undecided

This has nothing to do with inferiority complex. If you knew what was being discussed, you would not make such an asinine statement. This is about moving Igboland forward by having a good leader.

Now please be quiet, because this topic deals with politics. Learn to read Igbo if you want to know what I said.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by aljharem11(m): 4:58am On Feb 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

This has nothing to do with inferiority complex. If you knew what was being discussed, you would not make such an asinine statement. This is about moving Igboland forward by having a good leader.

Now shut up, because this topic deals with politics. Learn to read Igbo if you want to know what I said.

first of all brother, this is the political section of a multicultural nation; how do you expect others to read igbo undecided tongue

secondly, who cares about igbos,.,. all we hear is igbo this, igbo that

why not nigeria/ why igbo
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Kobojunkie: 4:59am On Feb 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

I have narrowed it down to Education – many of our people are not taught to be critical thinkers from early age and so when they see and know what is wrong, they instead move to justify it by pretending if they ignore it, it will all be fine, somehow. It is hard to not notice this.

Until we start re-educating our people and informing them, we are likely to see this trend continue.  What is happening now in places like Egypt, Tunisia, etc, is more and more people are getting themselves informed, asking questions of those in leadership(rather than jumping to defend them from those who question their intelligence/integrity) and making demands on them.  This is what we need our people to do, and this is not just an ibo problem but an all Nigeria problem.

Anyone who wants to save Ibo land, Yoruba Land, Or even Hausa land, should start by educating people on their rights and their place in our democracy. We need to stop this 'Omenala' attitude to deciphering right and wrong and instead embrace a more critical approach to solving our problems.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Obiagu1(m): 5:06am On Feb 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I have narrowed it down to Education – many of our people are not taught to be critical thinkers from early age and so when they see and know what is wrong, they instead move to justify it by pretending if they ignore it, it will all be fine, somehow. It is hard to not notice this.

Until we start re-educating our people and informing them, we are likely to see this trend continue. What is happening now in places like Egypt, Tunisia, etc, is more and more people are getting themselves informed, asking questions of those in leadership(rather than jumping to defend them from those who question their intelligence/integrity) and making demands on them. This is what we need our people to do, and this is not just an ibo problem but an all Nigeria problem.

Anyone who wants to save Ibo land, Yoruba Land, Or even Hausa land, should start by educating people on their rights and their place in our democracy. We need to stop this 'Omenala' attitude to deciphering right and wrong and instead embrace a more critical approach to solving our problems.

Impressive.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by EzeUche2(m): 5:09am On Feb 18, 2011
Kobojunkie, I am impressed with that write-up. You have my respect in this thread.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by seanet02: 6:25am On Feb 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

Kobojunkie, I am impressed with that write-up. You have my respect in this thread.
wait till you see bianca, she will tell you how impressed she is with me the other day on "BED" Mu he he
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 18, 2011
One mystery solved - kobojunkie is Igbo.
One fact further confirmed - some Nlanders re incurable ethnic bigots
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by ekubear1: 8:10am On Feb 18, 2011
Xavier.:

Kobojunkie. . . a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. Perhaps she is Wazobian.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 18, 2011
when did the fact that kobojunkie is Igbo become a mystery?

didnt know xavier is a newbie.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by ekubear1: 8:14am On Feb 18, 2011
I just wish she'd fix the typo in her signature. It has pissed me off for ages. .  .  undecided
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by EzeUche2(m): 8:16am On Feb 18, 2011
Xavier.:

tpiah!:

when did the fact that kobojunkie is Igbo become a mystery?

didnt know xavier is a newbie.

She is not Igbo. However, she understand language like someone who was born and bred in Igboland. She also knows Yoruba and Hausa. She remains a mystery of her ethnic origins. And she is someone you will love to hate.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 18, 2011
^^i do hope you know i've interacted with kobojunkie long before you ever joined this forum.

so spare me the sermon.

where you people get your egos from, is beyond me.

she knows yoruba and hausa, and so?

is that so unusual in nigeria for crying out loud.
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by EzeUche2(m): 8:19am On Feb 18, 2011
^^^

And do you know when I joined this forum?

Her use of "Ibo" instead of "Igbo" is something a true Igbo would not do
  grin
Re: Onye Ga Edu Anyi? by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 18, 2011
^^spare me, unless you are kobojunkie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

East African sailors/traders in Asia / History Prove True Supremacy Between The Edo's And The Yoruba's. / Discrimination In Igboland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.