Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? (51368 Views)

As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". / I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by Louisboy22(m): 4:25pm On Aug 25, 2020
Stop converting olosh to wife una nor dey hear
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by SweetDipBenny(m): 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2020
Dis one na small mata I'm sure u can handle it
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by chaloskyx: 5:10pm On Aug 25, 2020
divorce her and make sure you give her enough monthly stipends and allowance to maintain the lifestyle of her and the kids, after that you can do whatever you want with your life they wont care
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by Peachbloom(f): 5:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
newace:
My only take from this marriage is never marry a woman that doesn't live with or respect her mum.I can't love a woman that doesn't listen to me or to her mum or to dr's advise...she lacks common sense.

I don't see a problem with what you are claiming to go through. You seem to just be looking for excuses. As far as I am concerned, your child is eating well, and healthy. All these SMA bouhaha is just mere noise and excuses. Let me ask you this, what if your child is lactose intolerant? Your excuse will be what? You seem not to be in tune with reality but a fantasy. If she argues with her mum, is it your mum she is arguing with? You will always be a son in law, and she will always be her mum's daughter. Maintain your lane.
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by treach(m): 5:19pm On Aug 25, 2020
newace:
I don't even shout,i bought the milk myself and i work 8-5pm...i definitely help weekends but she just wants her way.

Don't push it. She's not having her way. From a professional view, provided Ur child is healthy, what ever he eats will still work on him. Just have Faith. God is on throne. No ever change am or put film for her oo.. Na to make Mattas worse... we don pass through all dis ones.
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2020
newace:
How can you feed an 18 month old baby cerelac in the morning,eba/amala in the afternoon and cerelac again in the night everyday mon-sun.

This is your child too. Why don't you wake the child up by 6 am and give him the milk you so much desire?

With regards to what your wife is feeding him, please give him lots of water when you come back home. You can also give him fruits. And stop buying cerelac.

In this life, you don't need to talk too much. Action speaks louder than words.
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 25, 2020
abbasajao:
Good day experienced mummy here. I kindly need your assistance. I lost my wife during our first every baby birth. We have the baby(a girl) and she will be 3 months in few days time.
We have been feeding her NAN 1 since birth and up to this moment.
The NAN 1 seems not to be enough and feed her again. Please what other baby food can we start to giving her? having in mind that she has never taken breast milk before.

Don't you have Google? Just type foods to give a three-month-old baby... Simple!
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by belloboy: 6:33pm On Aug 25, 2020
[quote author=newace post=93167449]Today, I told my wife to start feeding our 18 month old son sma baby milk once a day so he could take in all the necessary nutrients from the milk since he was never breast fed.

Note: he eats cerelac in the morning, yoghurt at 12 noon, Eba/Amala at 4pm and cerelac again in the night. I mentioned to her to find a way to feed him sma milk at least once a day but instead she started arguing with me.

OP, it hasn't gotten to that...bro argument is a normal thing in marriage ooo. Marriage goes with patience and maturity. From the look of things, it seems your marriage is still young; with time you guys will get understand each other. I have been married for 6 years now, so I know what I am saying. Just take things easy with her please.
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by HomerTimpson: 6:34pm On Aug 25, 2020
newace:
I'm tired of the patience,i bought a box of the sma milk.
SIRE,just remember your good old chilhood days...na to use the whole sma box for DIY o instead of fighting madame
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by abiodunfat(f): 6:38pm On Aug 25, 2020
God bless you brother.
Why will you get yourself worried because of this? If you feel she is not doing the right thing call and talk to her with love. There is no woman that will misbehave if she is accorded her respect and honour. Don't report her to your people, talk to her with love.

My previous comments were sarcastic, I hope you saw through it. Mothers go through a lot nursing their children and no mother will deliberately put her child in harm's way. Tbh, most kids would have stopped breastfeeding at that age and would be on pap or solids.

I'd suggest you talk to an elderly woman she respects or take her to seek counselling.

There are more issues to worry about in marriage than issues like this. If you're getting tired over this small issue, wetin u go come do if one wey big pass this one come?

You don't sound like you still love your wife. Is there a problem like that?[/quote]
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by ImaIma1(f): 7:01pm On Aug 25, 2020
WandaMaximoff:

Like I said, send her back home and marry someone else.

I don't get how a mother won't know what's best for her child.

Milk is good for a child. It's except she has specific reasons why she doesn't want to give the child milk, she needs to.

The fact that a woman carried a child for 9 months and took care of the baby does not mean she knows it all. Besides, the baby is also the man's and he should have a say in he/she is brought up.
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by eyinjuege: 7:02pm On Aug 25, 2020
OP, all the things you're saying are simple stuff and I think there's more behind your anger towards your wife.
Has your child's pediatrician mentioned anything about the child not growing as expected for age in terms of weight and height?
Are there concerns about your child's developmental milestones?
If no, what then is the problem?
I hope you do realise there are cerelac products already mixed with powdered milk hence you don't need to add any other milk. You just mix only with water. What kind of cerelac milk does your wife use? Is it the one already mixed with milk or the one without milk? You probably don't know.
You mentioned your child only eats 3 times a day. That's probably not true and I'm sure that child will still be eating in between meals too.
What exactly are your concerns about your child's health?
I hope you know formulas/baby milk can cause constipation in children anyway, so even your own sma/nan milk can cause constipation in the child.
Children can be weaned off milk and introduced to normal food at 6 months, so eating amala/eva shouldn't be a problem provide the soup is rich and has a lot of nutrients like fish, crayfish etc.
Don't add unnecessary stress into your family
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by nonhuman(m): 7:13pm On Aug 25, 2020
Your wife has brain tumor, her brain is damaged
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by kurlz(f): 7:21pm On Aug 25, 2020
newace:
My son has so many brand new clothes but he wears old rag looking clothes,i told her about this too but she argued.This happened some weeks ago.

Collect all the rags.
Burn them.

End of story.
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by WeRblessed(f): 7:41pm On Aug 25, 2020
newace:
Today, I told my wife to start feeding our 18 month old son sma baby milk once a day so he could take in all the necessary nutrients from the milk since he was never breast fed.

Note: he eats cerelac in the morning, yoghurt at 12 noon, Eba/Amala at 4pm and cerelac again in the night. I mentioned to her to find a way to feed him sma milk at least once a day but instead she started arguing with me.

What do i do?

Babies without proper nutrients have delay brain development. In other word, when their peers re giving a quizz in class or exam, he will normally be the last to finish because he is slow to understanding. Eba and amala, cerelac and yogurt are good meal for physical development, but not good for babies brain development. BREAST MILK OR BABY FORMULA are best. Since you based in NIGERIA, please look for baby formula called NAN. You can give it to him three times a day, and then if he loves eating anything else like amala or cerelac you may give him. Do not forget to give him destilled water.
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by Kennydoc(m): 7:48pm On Aug 25, 2020
WandaMaximoff:

Like I said, send her back home and marry someone else.

I don't get how a mother won't know what's best for her child.

Not all mothers know what is best for their children.
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by Kennydoc(m): 7:52pm On Aug 25, 2020
Ishilove:

The child is constipated which is why he cries when shitting, once in 3 days o... Adults are supposed to have bowel movement 2 to three times a day, how much less a toddler?
Are you for real with respect to the statement in bold? Do you open your bowel twice or thrice every single day? Do you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by corpershun: 7:54pm On Aug 25, 2020
newace:
See i can't force her to do the right thing,as for me i don't like arguing.

You are behaving like a Woman Wrapper, Just whining and whining.

Ogbeni why can't you feed your son abi no be the two of you get am.

If your son wears old cloth why can't you always bring out the clothes you want him to wear and wear it for him. You can even try to do 'To-Match' so he wears new things.

You are just looking for excuse to leave your marriage, maybe you think Marriage is all about eating KFC chicken and Licking Ice Cream.

Marriage is work! At least you have a child. What of people that don't have and are together for years.

Mr Man divorce if that's what you want to hear but the next one may be submissive but a cheat. No One has it All!!!
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by HomerTimpson: 7:56pm On Aug 25, 2020
newace:
I don't even shout,i bought the milk myself and i work 8-5pm...i definitely help weekends but she just wants her way.
SIRE,calm down first,just tell her you are not in the position to command her on what to feed our baby as she's the mommy of the house,and beg her to pls consider the money involve in buying the sma milk as it will waste and that waste is not good(do this with a romantic gesture and put some EMOTIONS in it even thou you are pissed) if possible with a gift as small as popcorn just a weird nice thing,anything just for her to see the effort e.t.c

Everything is not violence for peace to reign,or na with violence you take did the do?

TRUST ME SIRE,YOU WILL BE SURPRISED cool
She might even tell you stuffs you may not know like the milk you bought is not the right thing for your baby
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by culf: 8:27pm On Aug 25, 2020
max57:

Haaaahaaaaaaaa.... you funny die but it make sha, women matter na sense they gey take follow them

very true boss

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by culf: 8:29pm On Aug 25, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
Je should try feeding the child himself

i won't suggest that, the woman will do a better job in that regard. Its for him to make her understand.
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by stormborn28(m): 8:31pm On Aug 25, 2020
mariahAngel:

Not all mothers know what is best for their children and that is the truth.
You don't have it all figured out just because you pushed a baby out of your vagina. Experienced people are there to guide you if you're willing.
God bless you for this comment

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by aalangel(f): 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2020
newace:
Today, I told my wife to start feeding our 18 month old son sma baby milk once a day so he could take in all the necessary nutrients from the milk since he was never breast fed.

What do i do?

So what exactly is your problem??
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by stormborn28(m): 8:46pm On Aug 25, 2020
Biglittlelois:

Having discussions doesn't mean there won't be disagreement on certain things, it's obvious you want a "yes sir" kind of wife, and you will never get one 100%, this is where compromise and tolerance comes in play,

Have more kids with your present wife, try and sweet talk her to listen to you and do what you want, if you actually did this, she wouldn't be adamant to do what she wants.
let me ask a question. Must you sweet talk a wife or a woman before she does the right thing... This is where I'm different oooooo... You don't need to praise me or sweet talk as people will say before I do the necessary... To me I always feel it is for my own good and it is has really helped me in life
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by RPG2020(m): 9:01pm On Aug 25, 2020
Run for your life
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by mentored: 9:59pm On Aug 25, 2020
newace:

What do i do?

Sir, Can I come and collect the SMA Gold

E get why sir
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by delpee(f): 10:03pm On Aug 25, 2020
abbasajao:
Good day experienced mummy here. I kindly need your assistance. I lost my wife during our first every baby birth. We have the baby(a girl) and she will be 3 months in few days time.
We have been feeding her NAN 1 since birth and up to this moment.
The NAN 1 seems not to be enough and feed her again. Please what other baby food can we start to giving her? having in mind that she has never taken breast milk before.

Sorry about the loss of your wife. May God keep you and your daughter safe and sound always.

In addition to NAN, you can give your baby Cerelac and pap with her baby milk. As she grows older, you can blend potatoes and mixed vegetables for her. Mackerel fish and boiled egg are great too for good nourishment. You may have to keep trying different combinations to arrive at the one she accepts willingly. At six months, she can take very soft amala (pure yam flour) and ewedu without stew to avoid pepper. Gradually other foods can be introduced but she needs to keep taking milk. Peak milk has for the different stages as she gets older.

May God help you all the way. May she always be a source of joy and blessing to you. Amen
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by veykey: 10:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
newace:
Can you buy what you don't intend to feed your baby?i bring home all the money 100% nothing from her cos she's unemployed.
This is the third page and what I've been able to gather is that your wife is 1) Stubborn 2) Disrespectful 3) Not fashionable and 4) Unemployed. And the conclusion I've drawn from your replies so far is that you've made up your mind on leaving her or still be married but have children from other women or woman but my only advice to you is to think of the impact your choices of today will affect the tomorrow.
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by delpee(f): 10:24pm On Aug 25, 2020
newace:

What do i do?

This diet is poor for an 18 month old. The baby is old enough to eat properly. Milk is truly still very necessary. Try to feed your son playfully when you have the time. Allow him to eat with you if possible. Create a bond with him. As you get involved without complaining about your wife's attitude, she may be forced to change. Kids like trying new things and will relate well with anyone who provides the chance. Provide that opportunity since his mum is insisting on a fixed routine that won't yield good results.
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by mikemiyaki: 2:08am On Aug 26, 2020
Tired of your wife, ke? We die here! grin
Re: I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? by ussy09(m): 6:44am On Aug 26, 2020
VLTA:

Just because of that? I guess that commenter is just being sarcastic.
the op is not getting the gist

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

19-year-old Boy Impregnates Mother While Testing Love Charm / African Man Marries An Elderly Oyinbo Woman. See Photos / My Wife Is Using Excuses To Abandon Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.