Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,181 members, 7,829,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It - Business (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It (59673 Views)

Ever Lost Money Trading? This Information Will Make You Extremely Wealthy / Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It / Chronicles Of Catalan : Five Lessons I Learnt From Paddy Adenuga's Memoir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 24, 2020
thonyman:

Arbitrage games trading no longer profitable for close to 2 months now, you can hardly see errors from them as arbitrage gaming means feeding on bookmakers errors , i have stopped trading it, but it may swing back to full business as soon as as new football season resumes.
So if still interested, i can put you through during my free periods, please i don't mean to advertise arbitrage game trading here and i don't expect people to request for more info. Despite the fact that you are not placing bet but trading games for little profit, arbitrage still has low risk if any game is spotted and voided, nothing in life is without risk sha.
As i have said, it's no longer profitable as most bookmakers have upgraded their system to have fewer odd errors, but not zero error.
i have pm'ed you.. i dont mind.. if you can reply my email. When ever you re free... I will be hanging around for you to kindly teach me pls
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by hamzeiy: 6:07pm On Aug 24, 2020
vickyfrancis1:
They are so numerous to mention. is it the 70k i invested in MMM or my 55k I lost trying to play one sure 3 odds, abi the money I take buy some gadgets when I no Dy even too use like smart watch and headpiece. Las Las nobody is perfect. you must at one time in your life spend or loose money on frivolities. but the one I'm always careful is spending money on a gal not related to me. my conscience Dy beat me for that one, because anytime I wan mumu, my mind will call me to order. I remembered when I wanted to give a gal 5k for hair after winning 24k for bet, my mind now told me to call my mom and I did and I asked if she needed anything and she said no and I just asked her to send her account number for me to check something and I transferred 7k to her. I'm not wicked or stingy, just that some heartbreaking stories I read everyday online Dy vex me.
I envy you...my mum is late..and everyday I regret not doing more.

7 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by yommysure(m): 6:09pm On Aug 24, 2020
I'm interested in it,How much?
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by yommysure(m): 6:11pm On Aug 24, 2020
tundeloveday:
Savings ke? Are u whining me? making more money with their money. Try bet365, it’s f*ckin easier than other ones if u use my strategy

Can you share me your strategy tunde?
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Mires: 6:11pm On Aug 24, 2020
romeoetin:

Such is life bro.. What's more painful was that BTC later touched $20k same here.. So invariably I lost $80k potentially

Bro, no talk again. Make we hope whether ethereum fit rise like DAT
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by femmyapson(m): 6:12pm On Aug 24, 2020
Sbsrules:
Advice from one of the best traders cut your losses, cut your losses, cut your loses. small loss, small win and Big win.
In trading what works for mr A doesn't work for mrB . Find what works for you and trade it your own way

4 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by femmyapson(m): 6:12pm On Aug 24, 2020
Sbsrules:
Advice from one of the best traders cut your losses, cut your losses, cut your loses. small loss, small win and Big win.
In trading what works for mr A doesn't work for mrB . Find what works for you and trade it your own way. Like I said, the loss happened 2018

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by fowlyansh181(m): 6:13pm On Aug 24, 2020
NNAMDIII:
Nagode oga Sir! Me too I've lost up to a million on bet9ja if i calculate all my losses but I can't quit Allah, it's either they kill me or i kill them but ah swear i can't dash
news flash, they’ll kill you, you can’t kill them

11 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by zedegit: 6:15pm On Aug 24, 2020
lekki1444:
my own was on the streets of manchester. this street called cheetham hill road. so i was jejely strolling ooo minding my own business na hin this rover car pull up beside me. inside was 4 white guys. they looked dodgy but i was on the streets so no fear. they whistled at me and told me to come over, so i stupidly did, then the guy pulled out a bag and opened it and showed me this high powered laptop that was looking really nice. like i can get some work done with that Kinda laptop. my spec. just looking real nice and powerful. The guys said they just got it from one shop and it cost like 1500 pounds but they will give it to me for 150 pounds because they are desperate and need the money. i priced it down to 120 pounds and they finally agreed. so i went to the cash machine and gave them the 120 pounds and they gave me the bag. i was excited thinking of all the things i was going to do on that laptop when i get home. so i even bought snacks on the way to eat while i am enjoying the laptop. when i got home and opened the bag what was inside was 2 large bottles of coke. the thing weak me. my spirit sank just a little bit. i think i went to bed just to forget the whole incident. lesson learnt is FORK ALL HUMANS. ITS ME AGAINST THE WORLD. I VIEW EVERYONE WITH A HAWKS EYE.

You bought snacks and they gave you coke. 2 big bottles self to wash it down.

cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by adaperry25: 6:15pm On Aug 24, 2020
Hardheolar:
Lost 100k to scalpersticket last December. Nah GOD go punish all the people behind the scheme. The operation looks fucking legit
my fingers got burnt too..Ponzi scheme

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by yommysure(m): 6:16pm On Aug 24, 2020
thonyman:
I lost over 450k within a month to bet9ja in 2019, I tried recouping my lost fund of initial 260k only to see it increase to 450k in space of 2 months, Liverpool vs Barcelona semi final champions league was the last straw that broke my camel back as i layed 260k for Barcelona to qualify for final, i think the odd was around 1.12 as Barca has already thrashed Liverpool 3 to 0 at Camp Nou only for Barcelona to receive 4 to 0 at Anfield, what a game!
I couldn't sleep and felt so depressed.
February 2020, a miracle happened, i saw a link for arbitrage betting training, d guy requested 1k to join the watsapp group for training and i decided to try it out, i was like 1k is too small, i won't mind getting scammed, only for it to be real.
Between Febuary to June dis year, i recovered all lost to betting from many bookmakers sites and made more than what i lost, it only pained me that bet9ja was not the bookmaker that paid most of the funds recovered. There was no lockdown for me as the period was when i recovered all my lost fund from conglomerates of betting sites through arbitrage makers.
SAY NO TO GAMBLING

Can you share me more details about arbitrage betting thonyman?
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Brokenfm: 6:18pm On Aug 24, 2020
MiaBeer:

You need to discourage yourself from generalizing. Every tribe is Good and every tribe is bad.
I can give you double of that money #68,100 if you stop the hate in your system because that's a million times worse than what you lost. Ok?
good afternoon sir.

I know this is stupid and insensitive of me but I'm sorry

Sir I am broke, hungry, tired, frustrated and believing for miracle

Please if you can assist me with just 2 or 3k to get even 2 derica of rice and beans and some garri I would be so so happy

Thank you and God bless
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mires:

You invested in crypto that does not have the taste of time I guess.

Yes. Invested in shit coins.
The sad part is I paid someone to advise me on what to invest

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by lekki1444: 6:26pm On Aug 24, 2020
zedegit:

You bought snacks and they gave you coke. 2 big bottles self to wash it down.

cheesy
grin Bros as in ehn

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by solomorinho(m): 6:28pm On Aug 24, 2020
Abeg u fit help on how to get Job abroad?

des4ella:
Chai!!! My own plenty small sha!
MMM=350k
Get help=500k
Twinkers=200k
Job scam for babe=700k.
All happen within a space of one year. I nearly enter depression.
The last one wey make come me mad small na, I got a job abroad but couldn't travel cause I failed a particular medical test. After expending almost 2m from the sales of my late Dad's property...
I became flat broke not even 5k for account.
Lesson learned.
Success is near.. ..
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Pweetiedude(m): 6:28pm On Aug 24, 2020
What a coincidence. Though, it's not a huge amount but as per say money no dey, the thing enter my body. I'll be tying the knot with my heartthrob come August 30. A relative of mine and I went to kraal(a place where cows are being sold) today to buy a cow for my impending nikkai(wedding). We got there and saw a cow of our choice. We started negotiation and unanimously agreed to pay #110,000 for the cow. I brought out the sum of #120,000, removed #10,000 and gave him #110,000. I kept the #10,000 in my track suit pocket and forgot to zip up. A mentally deranged cow was causing a brouhaha and I got distracted. That was how the sum of #10,000 was stolen from me today. Upon realising my money is gone, my entire system went numb. I swear I no fit cry but the thing pain me. Nonetheless glory be to Almighty Allah. I already learnt my lesson.

7 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 24, 2020
Join me if you are 24/7 online

+447496996954
WhatsApp only

yommysure:

Can you share me your strategy tunde?

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by solomorinho(m): 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2020
juniorstar:

hope am not making d same mistake! about buying an iphone x for my gal with the profit of the money she gave me to invest for her although i got myself 2plot of land from the profit also i no tell am sha. when we marry i go tell am!!

I fit join u do d business?
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Hungarriman: 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2020
NNAMDIII:
Nagode oga Sir! Me too I've lost up to a million on bet9ja if i calculate all my losses but I can't quit Allah, it's either they kill me or i kill them but ah swear i can't dash
Hahaha, man no die, man no rotten.

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by olamilarks(m): 6:40pm On Aug 24, 2020
jaelz:
Getting money is hard and maintaining it is even harder, as such we must be very careful as to how we spend it.

So I was discussing with a friend and he told me the biggest amount of money he has ever lost in his life was when he bought a car of 3million Naira after saving for like 3 years, and he didn't use the car for up-to 3 months before he got involved in an accident that almost claimed his life with the car.

I laughed and told him mine was when I used 100,000 to play betting and lost the money while in my university days. Lessons learnt from him was that car is never an investment instead he should have invested the money, mine was that gambling never pays at all...

Guys please share yours lets all learn and be enlightened
I'm about to loose the 1.3mil I've paid so far in an Hire Purchase deal because the owner feels he just can!

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by NNAMDIII(m): 6:43pm On Aug 24, 2020
fowlyansh181:
news flash, they’ll kill you, you can’t kill them
Then i know i died trying to kill them grin

2 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by NNAMDIII(m): 6:43pm On Aug 24, 2020
Hungarriman:
Hahaha, man no die, man no rotten.
naso
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by NNAMDIII(m): 6:45pm On Aug 24, 2020
Gibsonho:

betting no be business. The best thing na to throwaway face for betting. The crying moments on betting is always more than the happy moments
I agree with you man, betting no be business but in business they'll be a time you make profit and a time you make losses , likewise betting

5 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by vickyfrancis1(m): 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2020
hamzeiy:
I envy you...my mum is late..and everyday I regret not doing more.
So sorry Nwanne....I never do anything for her yet and e Dy pain me.

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by vickyfrancis1(m): 6:47pm On Aug 24, 2020
adeotiabdulaziz:
dah mama part caught me, it shall be well with you.

All of us go Dy alright sir.

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by valETA1(m): 6:47pm On Aug 24, 2020
I never wanted go down the memory lane towards this, but for life lessons, I will share this. I think mine is the most recent.
Friday, 10th January 2020 will be a date I'll never let go. While working with bet9ja in Plateau, Mangu to be precise, as a means of additional income since we corpers didn't get a dime from the state government, let alone our respective LG of primary assignment.
This was unarguably the best work I could find then, thoughts of the daily take homes, salary (8k), where I won't need to touch my FG allawee and a long list of personal reasons. As u may know, as a staff in bet9ja, u try to satisfy which ever customer comes ur way, so as to get their attention, preference,favour etc. especially when it has to do with virtual game, so you can be assured of ur daily take home(overs they call it).
There's a man who reportedly used to come from a nearby village(Kerang village) to play virtual. B4 I met this man, I've never seen or heard a gambler to the core. Someone who can throw 100-200k for virtual games. As time went on, we built an understanding,all thanks to the fact that, he always pays his cash/transfers in full no matter the amount he lost and the joy(money) he gives to me even when loosing. We understood our self to a point that, I can stake game of 150k for him b4 he transfers, which was very much against the rules of the company, while him on the other side will never play game on any other system when corper(me) is not around, not knowing a tornadoe was gonna blow someday. On this particular but unforgettable day,this man played virtual with a sum of 132k after which he showed me what I can't decipher till date from fake alert, bounced transfer or no transfer. After about 10-15mins of waiting for alert, with no show, I dismissed the man and permitted him to go, thinking twas just ordinary delay, being that he has been doing successful transfers b4, and has never owed me a dime, so I didn't want to keep a big and nice customer on grounds of delayed alert. I waited till 9pm where we do check and balance, still no show, that was when it occurred to me that "I don buy big market". Shocked i never saw this man till d day I left Plateau. Guess what happened next ? I may share how this act would av hampered my certificate subsequently in this forum. A lot transpired from this temptation of which if not for God, and my innocence, I would av been deemed "absconded NYSC". This is why at the mention of BET9JA by any soul, I can fight till daybreak. This is my biggest lost, and I swear will be the last, because I'll be as wise as Lucifer. Because I've not achieved my dreams, plans and goals, capped with the trauma I was and still in, with thoughts of throwing away 142k (plus police case file 10k) for nothing but just to redeem myself. I wished I never served.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by komols856: 6:47pm On Aug 24, 2020
[quote author=IamWonderful post=93172943]#34,050 to Igbo scammers, I learnt never to trust igbos no matter how many they are, they can be supporting themselves in crime[/quot

Ethnic bigotry. Must you mention Igbo. Crime is not only in Igbo Land
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by vickyfrancis1(m): 6:48pm On Aug 24, 2020
tollyboy5:

Broda years back I deliberately owe one of my female friend #10 naira from what I bought from her mum shop. This babe collected the money from my mum the third day and I shock!
When I chop ticket my normal character would have given her money but no, I shared money for my friends excluding her in her front. Nonsense ladies always feeling entitled.
Today I could say those my niggas has gave me money different times worth over 50k and that my female fwend is still doing runs

my brother na who dey for u supposed see ur smile...if Dem no involve u, u looseguard them

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Cheeryfeet: 6:52pm On Aug 24, 2020
[quote author=HolyHero post=93173157]I’ve lost hundreds of thousands on betting. The lessons learnt are; “never put all your eggs in one basket” and “the only thing that’s sure is death”, there’s no sure game anywhere.[/quote learnt the same lesson. No sure game anywhere. Lost 70k on betting last week on a game I swore was a sure game. ]
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Jabioro: 6:54pm On Aug 24, 2020
I can't quantified it , because people we think I am lying but those who knows me can confirm..it happened in year 2001..I won't to remember..let us leaves it
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by SailorUgo(m): 6:55pm On Aug 24, 2020
thonyman:
I lost over 450k within a month to bet9ja in 2019, I tried recouping my lost fund of initial 260k only to see it increase to 450k in space of 2 months, Liverpool vs Barcelona semi final champions league was the last straw that broke my camel back as i layed 260k for Barcelona to qualify for final, i think the odd was around 1.12 as Barca has already thrashed Liverpool 3 to 0 at Camp Nou only for Barcelona to receive 4 to 0 at Anfield, what a game!
I couldn't sleep and felt so depressed.
February 2020, a miracle happened, i saw a link for arbitrage betting training, d guy requested 1k to join the watsapp group for training and i decided to try it out, i was like 1k is too small, i won't mind getting scammed, only for it to be real.
Between Febuary to June dis year, i recovered all lost to betting from many bookmakers sites and made more than what i lost, it only pained me that bet9ja was not the bookmaker that paid most of the funds recovered. There was no lockdown for me as the period was when i recovered all my lost fund from conglomerates of betting sites through arbitrage makers.
SAY NO TO GAMBLING

What is arbitrage betting ?
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by shugabasbn: 7:02pm On Aug 24, 2020
Lost 870k last 2 months n it was very painful.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply)

Bitcoin Lord Gifts Wife Brand New Range Rover - Pictures / Biography Of Taiwo Afolabi, SIFAX Group CEO, Owner Of Shipping Company, Others / EFCC Investigating Kessington Adebutu ‘Baba Ijebu’ Over Tax Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.