Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It - Business (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It (59664 Views)

Ever Lost Money Trading? This Information Will Make You Extremely Wealthy / Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It / Chronicles Of Catalan : Five Lessons I Learnt From Paddy Adenuga's Memoir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by shugabasbn: 7:04pm On Aug 24, 2020
Lost 870k last 2 months n it was very painful.
I lost it tru copy copy monthly contribution which I can never do in my life

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by jeph19(m): 7:08pm On Aug 24, 2020
Bought one ebook on mini-importation 3k;twas total waste

lend 5k to a lecturer; did'nt pay back

sold memory card to a course mate 5k; he has'nt paid till date
na the ones i remember
Modified
Lent my brother 56k e didn't pay
Lent my sister 15k she didn't pay

5 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by UnknownJr: 7:13pm On Aug 24, 2020
Holyterrorist:
My biggest loss was $75 when I intended buying ssn,socks and other online tools to create an Amazon dropship account from a particular darkweb site.I paid in bitcoins and got scammed.

I have learnt my lessons tho,I didn't relent I had to research more by buying more ebooks on better ways to access the market and how to identify legit vendors there.

As at today am a master on the darkweb.

Oshey, boss..

Afar, abeg teach your boy how to access darkweb na.

2 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by 6ixT8: 7:15pm On Aug 24, 2020
cass1:
lost 6.8 million to bet9ja virtual upper friday and $650 last friday. I've been loosing money to bet9ja right from nigeria until now, so i can't really say a specific amount. I'm determined to stop now, in the long run, gambling makes you broke and poor. I can't even take care of myself very well.
Lesson learnt: if you need money or under pressure to recover your losses, DO NOT GAMBLE!!!!!! you'll lose more and secondly, use whatever money you have to pay off debts you owe because YOU CAN'T REALLY PLAN WELL WHILE THINKING OF PAYING DEBTS.
I think we should have a platform on how to stop6 gambling, IT'S KILLING OUR FUTURE.

bruh! 6.8 what?

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Blessedchild24(m): 7:19pm On Aug 24, 2020
Slimzjoe:

No worry boss. That time no go ever come. I've learnt to learn from the mistakes of other Persons So I don't fall into what they fell in too.

My boss abeg u the trade indices
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by H2ho(m): 7:19pm On Aug 24, 2020
bought auto trading robot back then in 2008/2009 and traded on liteforex....made some huge profits, na so one night like that i slept off account don enter minus (capital + gain) since then i run anything from Forex

Lost 3.2million to MMM thought i will never make it again lol grin grin

Here I am, Earning and handling big Projects.

#Imgrateful

13 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Hndrrxxx(m): 7:20pm On Aug 24, 2020
Omo
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 24, 2020
masterP042:
I lost 400k to mmm Tuesday 12th December 2016.. I will never forget that date.
I was just greedy, my money had matured about two weeks earlier, but I wanted it to stay close to December, to flex life.. But then tragedy struck..

Well, I learnt a tough lesson, cos since then I haven't lost any money through any investment like ponzi or pyramid schemes. I learnt that no nigerian can ever advertise any money making scheme free of charge without something sinister or something they stand to gain, my country men will hide any opportunity that actually makes money.
Have you ever considered NIGERIA STOCK EXCHANGE MARKET?
There are credible companies you can buy their stocks and have peace of mind for a long term and continually earn your dividends yearly.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by chelseamann(m): 7:25pm On Aug 24, 2020
It's numerous..I have lost to scammers on NL and scammers on Telegram.
Las Las, I learnt my lessons and life goes on!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by meobizy(f): 7:25pm On Aug 24, 2020
My biggest loss was 26K I loaned a friend which twenty years later he has refused to pay back. I learned that a good heart means nothing to Nigerians. The average Nigerian gets confused when treated nicely and mistakes goodwill for weakness.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 24, 2020
SukaBlyat:
Lost 140k to betting.
I don't even want to elaborate on it

The more I think of it, the more I feel like shooting and slapping myself for being so careless undecided
But please have you been able to quit ever since then?

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by HumanCalc: 7:27pm On Aug 24, 2020
IYANGBALI:
I have never losted money before in my life, instead I am always finding money
Those that lost money, what were they looking for?? You see, you need money to find money, one just needs to be smart about it.

4 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Loveknitting: 7:29pm On Aug 24, 2020
jlo247:
During the pandemic lock down I bought one yeye Nigeria used car for 350 which I later sold during the same pandemic lock down for 87k. Lesson always seek for advice from experienced ones in any field.

Sorry, but this is just so funny but I'm really relly sorry.

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Chinedu1994(m): 7:29pm On Aug 24, 2020
MiaBeer:

You need to discourage yourself from generalizing. Every tribe is Good and every tribe is bad.
I can give you double of that money #68,100 if you stop the hate in your system because that's a million times worse than what you lost. Ok?

Baba, help me small nah.

ONELE EMMANUEL
UBA
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Dpundict: 7:30pm On Aug 24, 2020
78k lent to a lady who later accused me of trying to sleep with her as a way of escaping payment. Since then a lady can never borrow money from me again no Matter how close

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by officialfestus(m): 7:31pm On Aug 24, 2020
grin
BuchiPrinzy:
It will not be well with all these Binomo people.
Ogun go kill them all. cry
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Johnny4President: 7:33pm On Aug 24, 2020
BenefitDaddy:
9k on 1xbet in 2018...it was my flexing money for the semester

Lesson learnt.. I stop de stake pass 100#
Na 1.05 basketball cut the ticket
grin
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by armadeo(m): 7:33pm On Aug 24, 2020
Houstency:
Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative headed by one stupid and never do well, Michael Eke, and one useless unfunny comedian Aya Mbakara, those guys scammed unsuspecting investors to the tune of 30 billion since 2018 and sadly my 10million Naira was part of it. The painful aspect was that I am not a fan of HYIP schemes, I felt since they were making payments for upto 5 months I should quickly make a gain out of the scheme and boom a week to my payout after waiting for about 30 days the stories started coming up.

Lesson Learnt : Never ever invest in HYIP/Ponzi scheme.

I tested the ground with 100k. Lost it and took to my heels.

One lawyer guy cant remember his name started another group to collect refunds from micheno and scammed the people again.

Lol.

8 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by HomerTimpson: 7:36pm On Aug 24, 2020
Birdeyeview:
I lost 755k to an ex some years back...
He claimed he was into real estates and property
Not knowing he was just in the relationship for some selfish reasons I had no forsight of because yeah I was so gullible and stupid enough not to have paid attention to all the signs around coupled with the fact he always kept his family life and background personal.

Lesson learnt: Avoid investing into any sort of relationship if you have any atom of doubt and always get your fact right about anyone irrespective of the love you have or share together.
Humans can be so unpredictable
i just like the way you ended this narrative with word HUMANS and not MEN...i'm sorry for the misfortune thou,we still have the good eggs thou,just that they are found dirty most times and still get look down upon. Gracias

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by akejujoe(f): 7:37pm On Aug 24, 2020
seyigiggle:
first big loss in my life was to stock market and all those portfolio developers aims asset management inclusive.
the next was a car i took a close mech to purchase. in the end, at was a melon.
if the car takes you out, no guarantee it would bring you back that is if you get to the destination in the first place
my husband lost about 3 million to aims asset management. He has been to their office several times but it seems their is no hope of ever recovering the money. Lesson learnt is to be triple sure about a business before you invest in it.

8 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by HomerTimpson: 7:43pm On Aug 24, 2020
Nuttella:
When I was much younger, I sent a guy I was dating online 5k cause he was in need of money, such fuckery! How he was able to bill me and knock out 5k from me is still a mystery to me till date and we never for once met till we broke up online so I could recoup my money. angry.

Such loss!!!
you know i once read somewhere "Spread love as thick as you would spread NUTELLA" i don't want to say more than that cool

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by BraniacX(m): 7:44pm On Aug 24, 2020
I'm immuned to financial shock as many schemes don shock me over the years and I no wan tabulate

3 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by BraniacX(m): 7:48pm On Aug 24, 2020
meobizy:
My biggest loss was 26K I loaned a friend which twenty years later he has refused to pay back. I learned that a good heart means nothing to Nigerians. The average Nigerian gets confused when treated nicely and mistakes goodwill for weakness.
I loaned my ex's dad 50k to add to his funds to execute his contract some years ago, suffice to say all na voicemail

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Hamzaay(m): 7:49pm On Aug 24, 2020
Ebenezerk2:
My own was #2,500,000 to winthrills network, even up till now, it is still ringing on my brain, I have not forgiven the Igbo man that was involved till today
you invested?
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by weareok(m): 7:50pm On Aug 24, 2020
Holyterrorist:
My biggest loss was $75 when I intended buying ssn,socks and other online tools to create an Amazon dropship account from a particular darkweb site.I paid in bitcoins and got scammed.

I have learnt my lessons tho,I didn't relent I had to research more by buying more ebooks on better ways to access the market and how to identify legit vendors there.

As at today am a master on the darkweb.
Bro please how does one make money off dark web
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Chinedu1994(m): 7:52pm On Aug 24, 2020
valETA1:
I never wanted go down the memory lane towards this, but for life lessons, I will share this. I think mine is the most recent.
Friday, 10th January 2020 will be a date I'll never let go. While working with bet9ja in Plateau, Mangu to be precise, as a means of additional income since we corpers didn't get a dime from the state government, let alone our respective LG of primary assignment.
This was unarguably the best work I could find then, thoughts of the daily take homes, salary (8k), where I won't need to touch my FG allawee and a long list of personal reasons. As u may know, as a staff in bet9ja, u try to satisfy which ever customer comes ur way, so as to get their attention, preference,favour etc. especially when it has to do with virtual game, so you can be assured of ur daily take home(overs they call it).
There's a man who reportedly used to come from a nearby village(Kerang village) to play virtual. B4 I met this man, I've never seen or heard a gambler to the core. Someone who can throw 100-200k for virtual games. As time went on, we built an understanding,all thanks to the fact that, he always pays his cash/transfers in full no matter the amount he lost and the joy(money) he gives to me even when loosing. We understood our self to a point that, I can stake game of 150k for him b4 he transfers, which was very much against the rules of the company, while him on the other side will never play game on any other system when corper(me) is not around, not knowing a tornadoe was gonna blow someday. On this particular but unforgettable day,this man played virtual with a sum of 132k after which he showed me what I can't decipher till date from fake alert, bounced transfer or no transfer. After about 10-15mins of waiting for alert, with no show, I dismissed the man and permitted him to go, thinking twas just ordinary delay, being that he has been doing successful transfers b4, and has never owed me a dime, so I didn't want to keep a big and nice customer on grounds of delayed alert. I waited till 9pm where we do check and balance, still no show, that was when it occurred to me that "I don buy big market". Shocked i never saw this man till d day I left Plateau. Guess what happened next ? I may share how this act would av hampered my certificate subsequently in this forum. A lot transpired from this temptation of which if not for God, and my innocence, I would av been deemed "absconded NYSC". This is why at the mention of BET9JA by any soul, I can fight till daybreak. This is my biggest lost, and I swear will be the last, because I'll be as wise as Lucifer. Because I've not achieved my dreams, plans and goals, capped with the trauma I was and still in, with thoughts of throwing away 142k (plus police case file 10k) for nothing but just to redeem myself. I wished I never served.

Sorry, bro.
It's really unfortunate.
But life goes on.
You will be alright.

Last year, I hawked for a month and saved 10k, only for me to loose it to a scammer.

7 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 24, 2020
Nuttella:
When I was much younger, I sent a guy I was dating online 5k cause he was in need of money, such fuckery! How he was able to bill me and knock out 5k from me is still a mystery to me till date and we never for once met till we broke up online so I could recoup my money. angry.

Such loss!!!
Sorry boo grin
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Udeyhere: 8:01pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mine is when I try to recharging #500 to my phone using my bank account,mistakenly I added a zero to the digits, making it 5k, lesson be careful when recharging your phone with your bank account because you might end up with the wrong figures.

11 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 24, 2020
meobizy:
Nawaooh! 20 Years plenty jare.
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by weblord1900: 8:04pm On Aug 24, 2020
thonyman
Sir please can you tell more about how this arbitrage betting works. I will be grateful sir
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 24, 2020
Chinedu1994:

Sorry, bro.
It's really unfortunate.
But life goes on.
You will be alright.

Last year, I hawked for a month and saved 10k, only for me to loose it to a scammer.
Nawah 4 9jirians.How can you scam a hawker of his hard earned 10k

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply)

Bitcoin Lord Gifts Wife Brand New Range Rover - Pictures / Nigerian Lady Opens Her Piggy Bank, Reveals She Saved N105,000 In 2 Months. Pics / Biography Of Taiwo Afolabi, SIFAX Group CEO, Owner Of Shipping Company, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.