Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It - Business (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It (59765 Views)

Ever Lost Money Trading? This Information Will Make You Extremely Wealthy / Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It / Chronicles Of Catalan : Five Lessons I Learnt From Paddy Adenuga's Memoir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by peterbello(m): 11:29pm On Aug 24, 2020
Officialkplus:
Lost 25m to BTC (blockchain wallet I Lost my seed).... Last year Nov.. shocked

Is it a web based wallet like blockchain.info? You should be able to do something about it.
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Izabel(f): 11:37pm On Aug 24, 2020
almost 100k:-! pained me
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by naijacovid(m): 11:41pm On Aug 24, 2020
Bought a TV that cost me almost 106k from the so called nairaland Acuon didn't use it for 3 months the nonsense spoil. Lessons TV no be Investment. That money still de pain me. But I don finally settle matter with Acunon. Thank you bro

7 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Buddy0: 11:43pm On Aug 24, 2020
Izabel:
almost 100k:-! pained me

Look at this yeye girl... People are loosing real money, you are here mentioning kobo sad
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by byesense105: 11:55pm On Aug 24, 2020
hmmmm, i have never really sat down to calculate all the money i have lost between 2017 and today, but i' pretty sure it will run into some couple of millions.

MMM first time= 500k
MMM second time = 300k
Btd Investment = 500k
Gethelpworlwide = 200k
Bought Bitcoin and stored it with BTC-e.com, FBI took over the company and swallowed my bitcoin. 1.03Btc
and some, drop 100k for 200k.

Omo boi don suffer for this hustle, but we moveeeee..........

Lesson, know when to quit when in risky bIZ, i lost due to greed.

jaelz:
Getting money is hard and maintaining it is even harder, as such we must be very careful as to how we spend it.

So I was discussing with a friend and he told me the biggest amount of money he has ever lost in his life was when he bought a car of 3million Naira after saving for like 3 years, and he didn't use the car for up-to 3 months before he got involved in an accident that almost claimed his life with the car.

I laughed and told him mine was when I used 100,000 to play betting and lost the money while in my university days. Lessons learnt from him was that car is never an investment instead he should have invested the money, mine was that gambling never pays at all...

Guys please share yours lets all learn and be enlightened

7 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by geeluck1(m): 12:05am On Aug 25, 2020
Oga, I'd like to be carried on this. Any chance
thonyman:
I lost over 450k within a month to bet9ja in 2019, I tried recouping my lost fund of initial 260k only to see it increase to 450k in space of 2 months, Liverpool vs Barcelona semi final champions league was the last straw that broke my camel back as i layed 260k for Barcelona to qualify for final, i think the odd was around 1.12 as Barca has already thrashed Liverpool 3 to 0 at Camp Nou only for Barcelona to receive 4 to 0 at Anfield, what a game!
I couldn't sleep and felt so depressed.
February 2020, a miracle happened, i saw a link for arbitrage betting training, d guy requested 1k to join the watsapp group for training and i decided to try it out, i was like 1k is too small, i won't mind getting scammed, only for it to be real.
Between Febuary to June dis year, i recovered all lost to betting from many bookmakers sites and made more than what i lost, it only pained me that bet9ja was not the bookmaker that paid most of the funds recovered. There was no lockdown for me as the period was when i recovered all my lost fund from conglomerates of betting sites through arbitrage makers.
SAY NO TO GAMBLING
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Nobody: 12:11am On Aug 25, 2020
Slimzjoe:

Kot4x and hotforex

Guy how you take do am??!! shocked

Boss man, i just email you. It's about Forex.

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Sniper101(m): 12:42am On Aug 25, 2020
Highest amount of money I ever lost?
Four thousand five hundred Canadian dollars

Lesson learnt?
'never' trust anyone.

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Depressed101: 1:01am On Aug 25, 2020
clems88:
350k for affiliate marketing course. At the end the useless sellers was just looking for people to buy his useless videos. He he refused to answer questions. . e pain me gaaan .

That's just number one. The rest will be for another day. angry
ah 350k cha for something I learnt for free shocked e be things sha

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Withneylv: 1:23am On Aug 25, 2020
jaelz:
Getting money is hard and maintaining it is even harder, as such we must be very careful as to how we spend it.

So I was discussing with a friend and he told me the biggest amount of money he has ever lost in his life was when he bought a car of 3million Naira after saving for like 3 years, and he didn't use the car for up-to 3 months before he got involved in an accident that almost claimed his life with the car.

I laughed and told him mine was when I used 100,000 to play betting and lost the money while in my university days. Lessons learnt from him was that car is never an investment instead he should have invested the money, mine was that gambling never pays at all...

Guys please share yours lets all learn and be enlightened
Someone hacked my friends Facebook account and scammed me of 10k, pretending to be in desperate need. I tried reaching my friend on phone but her number wasn't reachable at that moment.

2 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Kennyfancy(m): 1:54am On Aug 25, 2020
Oxtonguy:
Losing money is temporary madness, I saw an advert on YouTube on how to make a minimum of $7,000 with affiliate marketing within a month. Pull up my card with pride like am about to make it, sign up for the masterclass with $79. Only to attend the masterclass and find out that all this platform to make this money ain't open for Nigerians cheesy

To be Nigerian ehnn, I just weak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haFitsJD64A
I can help you Access them even if you are a Nigerian
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by JBoss25(m): 2:27am On Aug 25, 2020
Lastlook:
My 1,560 naira still paining me till date... Kaiii my money o.
nawa for u grin person dey lose $127k and u dey cry ontop 1k
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by JBoss25(m): 3:08am On Aug 25, 2020
Oxtonguy:
Losing money is temporary madness, I saw an advert on YouTube on how to make a minimum of $7,000 with affiliate marketing within a month. Pull up my card with pride like am about to make it, sign up for the masterclass with $79. Only to attend the masterclass and find out that all this platform to make this money ain't open for Nigerians cheesy

To be Nigerian ehnn, I just weak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haFitsJD64A
what's the name of the site
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by JBoss25(m): 3:21am On Aug 25, 2020
mypains:
I was looking forward to stories in this magnitud.. I am currently in same position BUT I am in control of everything... The deal/market is worth more then 100M and evergreen. I plan to spread across 3 major cities... after doing deals up to that 100M in accumulation within 2-3 years, I am venturing into food/agro-business big time...

Covid19 delayed first take off... but I am patiently waiting for society to normalize soon.

Thanks for sharing this piece with us.
send ur WhatsApp number let's talk
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by skayT: 5:09am On Aug 25, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
Nigerians get money ooo. Na million million. Any investment that u r not directly involve I mean ur self doing it by ur hand,don't commit a fortune and always shun d quest for short cut or get rich syndrome. Greed is bad
Correct! This has always been my motto. Even low yield investment programs can scam you! Although greed still remains a huge factor of one getting scammed. I thank God my depression didn't lead to committing suicide. I have been scammed on several occasions, even with my street wiseness and experience.

But during the course of that journey, I've learned several lessons. Trust nobody! Always do your due diligence to scrutinize a business/investment opportunity. Don't get involved once you start having your doubts about the business! It's better to lose the opportunity than to lose your money.

6 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by skayT: 5:24am On Aug 25, 2020
Uhmmm. Where is that BTD investment guy? Bowofade! An OAU 200 level dropout that scammed guys with B.sc, M.sc and even Phd. Truly, he be things! Life no truly balance!
byesense105:
hmmmm, i have never really sat down to calculate all the money i have lost between 2017 and today, but i' pretty sure it will run into some couple of millions.

MMM first time= 500k
MMM second time = 300k
Btd Investment = 500k
Gethelpworlwide = 200k
Bought Bitcoin and stored it with BTC-e.com, FBI took over the company and swallowed my bitcoin. 1.03Btc
and some, drop 100k for 200k.

Omo boi don suffer for this hustle, but we moveeeee..........

Lesson, know when to quit when in risky bIZ, i lost due to greed.

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Kaybaba5(m): 6:05am On Aug 25, 2020
Mine was on this forum back in year 2017,someone advertised LG phone 30k I pleaded with him to allow me pay 27k he agreed I sent money to him the guy took off. Lesson learned never trustee anybody. Especially when it comes to online trading....
Secondly I lost over 100k to mmm as if that was not enuf. I met my language brother that is a furniture man. I paid him some money 100k for set of chairs but he ate my money till now. I just moved on. I always refuse to think about it.

5 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Taich(m): 6:07am On Aug 25, 2020
DonroxyII:
I just thanK God I already locked myself to book ... who wouldn't trust ... it's like Explorer/Jar.us creating something, gbam people will rush it due to the love and trust ...

Nairaland been teaching street since 2006 !

The scam taught me a huge lesson on due diligence before parting with money.

7 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Donniest22(m): 6:27am On Aug 25, 2020
jaelz:
A friend of mine had similar encounter with his Volkswagen car

I even had the same experience with Audi A4
Wasted my 700k that year

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by niceguy555: 6:28am On Aug 25, 2020
BenefitDaddy:
9k on 1xbet in 2018...it was my flexing money for the semester

Lesson learnt.. I stop de stake pass 100#
Na 1.05 basketball cut the ticket

How fa. Are you still dealing with 1xbet?
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by mubrix(m): 6:29am On Aug 25, 2020
armadeo:

I tested the ground with 100k. Lost it and took to my heels.
Lawyer still assemble mugus scam dem again problem Dey dis land oo grin grin shocked

One lawyer guy cant remember his name started another group to collect refunds from micheno and scammed the people again.

Lol.
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by niceguy555: 6:29am On Aug 25, 2020
MansoryMX:
Lost 8.7 million to forex trading in 2015. Lost 540k to Sportybet, lost 300k to bad business. The list is endless. The funny thing is whenever I loss or lost money I laugh, shake it off and move ahead. I cannot come and kill myself

Same attributes with me. If I encounter any lost, I just laugh, shake it off and move on
Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by vanfem: 6:29am On Aug 25, 2020
I lost N410K to a trusted friend/a Christian brother. He was an insurance agent and I paid through him monthly. At the point of surrender of the Policy, I realised he didn't remit N410k out of over a million naira contributed.
Since then I find it difficult to fully trust people.

5 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by HeavenlyHolines(m): 6:31am On Aug 25, 2020
My dear,when I was gambling then on football or game,I can only die for it when I am the one playing it with my legs but when it comes to online or whatever, count me out. Since online betting came out or money doubling investment, I have never for once engaged in it coz I know how these things roll. Investment is full of risk but let it will calculated n reasonable. Don't try building a castle in the sky.
skayT:
Correct! This has always been my motto. Even low yield investment programs can scam you! Although greed still remains a huge factor of one getting scammed. I thank God my depression didn't lead to committing suicide. I have been scammed on several occasions, even with my street wiseness and experience.

But during the course of that journey, I've learned several lessons. Trust nobody! Always do your due diligence to scrutinize a business/investment opportunity. Don't get involved once you start having your doubts about the business! It's better to lose the opportunity than to lose your money.

1 Like

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Ejiod(m): 6:55am On Aug 25, 2020
Cheeryfeet:

There is a 12 word seed for every wallet. If you lose it you have lost that wallet and it's content for ever
When it comes to passwords. Please download
Last pass. This is a password vault. Infact this is a life saver

5 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Unrated900(m): 7:06am On Aug 25, 2020
Me,

When I bought my first car which is Nissan Maxima

From MC Olu-Omo in oshodi my number plate was MC 05 LSD

The car was arranged with juju for me

From the selling point to mechanic workshop for 6 months and then ended up burning at Berger bustop

Sad day

8 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by testimony1089(m): 7:16am On Aug 25, 2020
250k that was stolen from my apartment 2 months ago. My world almost crashed but thank God I'm alive and more determined to be better. Never going to forget that experience.

4 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by Zionist26(m): 7:41am On Aug 25, 2020
tundeloveday:
I lost 900£ to bet365 last Friday on multiple bets and I will gladly play again because my million £ is with them. We go again!

You never learn

5 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by SmartPolician: 8:01am On Aug 25, 2020
Dpundict:
78k lent to a lady who later accused me of trying to sleep with her as a way of escaping payment. Since then a lady can never borrow money from me again no Matter how close

I have a female friend who has been asking me for 100k loan to invest in some online trading business.

Funnily enough, this girl is the only girl in a family of 2 (she and her brother). You see, she knows her father will never give her such money to invest in a phony business, that's why she ran to me.

I told her that if I want to give her money, I will give her. But then, I cannot lend a girl my money because they are funny characters, especially someone you have had a thing with.

They may even want to pay you back with sex. If you refuse, it becomes another problem. I hate that guys pay women to have sex! Jeezzz! For the same thing you two enjoyed?

Meanwhile, I cannot lend money that I cannot forfeit.

13 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by SmartPolician: 8:07am On Aug 25, 2020
akejujoe:
my husband lost about 3 million to aims asset management. He has been to their office several times but it seems their is no hope of ever recovering the money. Lesson learnt is to be triple sure about a business before you invest in it.

If you like, be quantiple sure: Nothing is guaranteed in business

People start businesses and take steps believing that it will yield some gains. But then, it may or may not. As far as you understand a business so well, the more risk you take, the more money you make.

Everyone loses money, including the world's richest people. If they tell you how much they lose to risky ventures, then you would say that you would rather remain where you are now.

The only thing guaranteed in life is death

3 Likes

Re: Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It by thonyman: 8:12am On Aug 25, 2020
Hungarriman:
One question,can one lose money on an arbitrage stake?
Yes, if the odd error is later spotted, booking may be voided.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (24) (Reply)

Biography Of Taiwo Afolabi, SIFAX Group CEO, Owner Of Shipping Company, Others / 5 Dirty Businesses In Nigeria That Fetch Big Profit / I Have Fired Hadiza Bala Usman – President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.