Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,788 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit (46038 Views)

My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! / Tie Your Manhood With Rope If You Are Not Ready To Take Care Of A Child - Man / Why Your Husband Is Crazy About His Mistress And Is Not Ready To Let Her Go... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Rskcoolman97: 10:21pm On Aug 27, 2020
You better japa
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Anaerobi(m): 10:21pm On Aug 27, 2020
God will perfect it.
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by EduBrazil1991(m): 10:22pm On Aug 27, 2020
Are your parents financially RICH like Otedola?
If yes, marry na, If no, do the opposite Biko.
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Sheuns(m): 10:22pm On Aug 27, 2020
Irony of life mhen. When my folks dey tell me say make I no marry yet. Me sef no dey reason am at all.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by theenchanter: 10:23pm On Aug 27, 2020
i guess the op is a core-northerner from d look of things.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Ahasco(m): 10:23pm On Aug 27, 2020
Listen to yourself, and follow what your right thinking self tells you to do. Non of what they are disturbing you about is an achievement. Stay focused on what you plan to do which I believe is the right thing. No one will bear the challenges that comes with it when you are not prepared for it. So plan your life and stay focused on it. Kapish

1 Like

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by olaniyilukman(m): 10:23pm On Aug 27, 2020
Oluromantic:
Tell your parents to get you a job if they're so desperately in need of grandchildren
God bless you much bro! All these African parents no dey think at all, imagine pressurized a 21yrs old to get marry...
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Prosperchuks1344(m): 10:24pm On Aug 27, 2020
Are you the only son?
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by brainfordetails: 10:24pm On Aug 27, 2020
Rubbish!!!
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by WoundedLamb: 10:25pm On Aug 27, 2020
Alimzy20:
Good evening my fellow nairalanders i need your strong advices.my parents are forcing me to get married !! I'm just 21.I've tried all possible ways to change their mind. it ended in vain.

I'm not in relationship either. What should i do now? I'm still schooling and unemployed too..

Seriously? You're barely a man (no offence intended) What could be their reason for being eager to get you married? Are you extremely promiscuous? Are you the only child? Do you have a terminal illness? Are your parents extremely wealthy and willing to sponsore the marriage and take care of your new family? Not like all these are valid reasons but I'm just trying to figure out what they could possibly be thinking!

Anyway, I don't think they can force you into marriage. Marriage requires active involvement especially on the man's side. So if you're not willing, there's little they can do. You only have to say no and stick to eat. If they find a woman, they can't do anything without your involvement. Even if they bring a woman home, nobody would tell her to run for her life when she sees how uninterested you are. This is not the time to be a respectful son. This is time to save your life.

In summary, stick to saying "No" and see how far they'd go to make you succumb. That will inform your next step. I feel so bad you're facing this at 21!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 27, 2020

6 Likes

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by JoshB92: 10:32pm On Aug 27, 2020
Just tell them to clear 3 rooms for u in their house n be ready to feed u n d wife they forced u to marry
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by prophetfire: 10:33pm On Aug 27, 2020
TELL YOUR MUM THAT YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH HER AND YOU WANT TO MARRY HER.
ONCE YOU DO THAT, EVERYONE GO TEAR RACE FROM YOUR CORNER LEAVE YOU ALONE.
DEM NO DEY TELLI PERSON NA.
SINCE MARRIAGE NA BY FORCE.
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by EM123: 10:33pm On Aug 27, 2020
What attitude do u exhibit at home that make dem to be putting presure on to get married? Did they catch u doing something strange?
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 27, 2020
("<
/ )
L
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Kewe1975(m): 10:36pm On Aug 27, 2020
tell them to set u up first,abi u go marry wife de stay ur papa house? We warri de forbid am o,na sign of stagnancy.wish u d best ooo undecidedtell them to set u up first,abi u go marry wife de stay ur papa house? We warri de forbid am o,na sign of stagnancy.wish u d best ooo

1 Like

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:36pm On Aug 27, 2020
When you marry, it will make you responsible and more focus in life. Before you know it you will be financially fit.
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Onnasucs1(m): 10:37pm On Aug 27, 2020
You're the first born. Your kid sister is married with 4 kids already.

I guess you're from the north. I doubt if northerners even force their male children to marry this early. Or maybe there's something you're not telling us

Please don't entangle yourself in that trap called marriage at this young age. Run away if you have to.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by benedictuyi(m): 10:38pm On Aug 27, 2020
Alimzy20:
Good evening my fellow nairalanders i need your strong advices.my parents are forcing me to get married !! I'm just 21.I've tried all possible ways to change their mind. it ended in vain.

I'm not in relationship either. What should i do now? I'm still schooling and unemployed too..
They should force you all they want.
If you decide to bow to their pressure, you'll face the music alone.
Discover life for yourself and do not let live your life because you want to please anybody
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by stanliwise(m): 10:38pm On Aug 27, 2020
(“>
/ )
L
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by PrinceBBN279: 10:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
Ask God for Grace
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by blackgoldd(m): 10:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
1beat:
if you are not SS or cultist (Eye, Aye, pirate etc)

clear them you're not ready for marriage.
but if you're one of these above guy listen to them they know what they're saying.

Hmmmmmm. Wise one

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by gift2xl: 10:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
Are you the only male child
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 27, 2020
To be frank i no believe this story am very sure the op is not an igbo man because we can't force our kids at that age
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 27, 2020
I smell lies here but if its true then... I doubt if any parents will advise their son who's yet to have a bearing to get married. I doubt.

I find this story very difficult to believe.
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 27, 2020
Mbdovey:
@op, maybe you're their only son and you're behaving inresponsible.

So you believe this story
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by ADEBAZ95(m): 10:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
Why are people quick to judge matters, they didn't even ask the guy why are his parent forcing marriage on him.

There is always a two sides to a story.
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by blackgoldd(m): 10:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
inumidun2010:
Better go and ask them why.. Maybe they have been told by all these CONFUSED SPIRITUALISTS that you won't live long...

Another wise man spotted

1 Like

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
Olude193:

Not sure your family is psychologically okay

U get bad mouth sha
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Pearly255(f): 10:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
You are not alone

We plenty

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Husband Beats Wife For "Buhari Is Working" Comment (Photos) / Onyeka Nnadozie Eze's Two Sets Of Twins And Wife (Photos) / Marry A 32 Year Old Good Girl Or Look For A Younger Good Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.