Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit (46040 Views)

My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! / Tie Your Manhood With Rope If You Are Not Ready To Take Care Of A Child - Man / Why Your Husband Is Crazy About His Mistress And Is Not Ready To Let Her Go... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Alimzy20(m): 5:15am On Aug 28, 2020
Olarewaju89:
I can smile lie here undecided
before God and man I'm not lyeing bro
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Alimzy20(m): 5:19am On Aug 28, 2020
victorogundepo0:
Are you a man or a child ?
I'm 21 so in that case i think I'm a man but i dont think I'm man enough to get married at this age
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by BREYZ: 5:20am On Aug 28, 2020
Alimzy20:
Good evening my fellow nairalanders i need your strong advices.my parents are forcing me to get married !! I'm just 21.I've tried all possible ways to change their mind. it ended in vain.

I'm not in relationship either. What should i do now? I'm still schooling and unemployed too..

If mine wakes up one day to force me, i will gladly succumb cheesy grin cheesy i am tired of being single cheesy cheesy
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Alimzy20(m): 5:21am On Aug 28, 2020
Uzomacharles:
Looks like something is wrong somewhere or they are afraid of loosing you...

I'm also the only son of my parents with two sister and I'm the eldest....

Sometimes my mum talks about that but she's not taking it serious just fun...

Think Well(Family Issues?)
my own parents are taking it serious
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Retrography(m): 5:26am On Aug 28, 2020
Alimzy20:
my sister is married with 4kids �

Here lies the problem.... They don't consider them as their grand children coming from a female.
#pure African thinking.
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by alloy123: 5:47am On Aug 28, 2020
I will advise you not to go into family life now and at your age,you should either concentrate your energy on school or vocation.Without a good platform,you will regret ever pleasing your parents of marrying now
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by SideInkom: 5:48am On Aug 28, 2020
Too young to settle down
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Alllen(m): 5:52am On Aug 28, 2020
They should sponsor you
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by DrayZee: 6:09am On Aug 28, 2020
Alimzy20:
my own parents are taking it serious
Didn’t they give you a reason? They just started saying you should get married?

Did they bring someone for you to get married to?
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Alimzy20(m): 6:28am On Aug 28, 2020
DrayZee:

Didn’t they give you a reason? They just started saying you should get married?

Did they bring someone for you to get married to?
they said i should get married that all my mates are getting married already,tbh my parents are typical notherners, my elder sister got married at the age of 17
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by jrobbins: 6:31am On Aug 28, 2020
merits:
Brother calm down marriage is a blessing,is the will of God and is for your own good.

NB: nobody can never be financially stable, even though bill gate dangote and otedola etc with their billions they are still looking for more money.so therefore just wed and put everything in the hand of God and see wonders in your life.

This African mentality ehn. This is the reason there are a lot of kids not well catered for.
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by MarketDispatch: 6:32am On Aug 28, 2020
Alimzy20:
i'm not the only child but i'm the first son of my parents

Concentrate on getting a Job first.
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Nobody: 6:37am On Aug 28, 2020
baba run leave hiuse jare.. don't goan give birth to a child u will later be regretting on
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by jrobbins: 6:41am On Aug 28, 2020
Slurity:
THEY ARE SEEING SOMETHING THAT YOU ARE NOT SEEING. THEY PROBABLY KNOW TGAT EITHER YOUR END OR THEIR END IS NEAR

And so? That's how alot of people I know die leaving nothing in their account for their kids. Thereby causing unnecessary hardship to the child(ren). Children no be luxury item. They are a responsibility of their parent to take of
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by WeRblessed(f): 6:54am On Aug 28, 2020
Run forest Run!!!!!!
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Dzegeten: 6:58am On Aug 28, 2020
U need to stand your ground n explain to them y its not a good idea for a jobless young man to get married......mind u
U r going to suffer the consequences alone cos its your life not theirs
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by DrayZee: 6:59am On Aug 28, 2020
Alimzy20:
they said i should get married that all my mates are getting married already,tbh my parents are typical notherners, my elder sister got married at the age of 17
Oh...northerners. You should’ve said that earlier. Well...I don’t know if you can do much to convince them, but try and make them understand that you want to finish your studies first. I want to assume your parents are rich because I don’t understand this pushing.
I’d have said you should tell them you’re already working on a relationship with a girl, but that could make them push you even more.
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by drey076(m): 6:59am On Aug 28, 2020
When it is nor zee world film
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by DoctorAbk: 7:15am On Aug 28, 2020
Chii59:

Are you their only child? Even at 21, you're still so young. Stand your ground, even if you give person pikin belle, you're too young to be straddled in marriage, though, you should man up and care for your child.
If you were my younger brother, I'll never let you get married at this age.

He is still young at 21 but he is not too young to give person Pikin bele get Sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by yahmohy27: 7:23am On Aug 28, 2020
Alimzy20:
my sister is married with 4kids �
Your sister's case is different, you will be the one to take care of your family
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 28, 2020
chocboi78:
just out of the blue?? ion think so.
there have been a reason why..
is it politically or business inclined?? like they want u to marry a daughter of a business or political associate to strengthen relationship..
you have to ask them why exactly they want u married at the tender age of 21

re u a stubborn child always bring trouble?
any underlying health conditions?
are they old and bedridden??
if none of the above, then flee

Op answer these questions honestly.. your answer lies within
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by paulgabrielz: 7:28am On Aug 28, 2020
toprealman:

Kilode, want to talk to someone?
yes please lipsrsealed
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 28, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
When you marry, it will make you responsible and more focus in life. Before you know it you will be financially fit.
Na so

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 28, 2020
jrobbins:

This African mentality ehn. This is the reason there are a lot of kids not well catered for.
The matter taya me...

1 Like

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 28, 2020
vickydevoka:
Me way de 31. Anytime I talk about marriage my parents go de vex
Op na deep abokki people... na dem way. He ommitted that info from his post if not the story for no too long

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by DragonFire433: 7:47am On Aug 28, 2020
cooooooks:
How can they be forcing you to get married when you're not in a relationship?

Who are they forcing you to marry?

Maybe they have arranged one spirit partner somewhere
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by BoboKush(m): 7:49am On Aug 28, 2020
cooooooks:
How can they be forcing you to get married when you're not in a relationship?

Who are they forcing you to marry?

Any available guy she sees
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Bestbeelieve: 7:51am On Aug 28, 2020
Dat na life sentence o!
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Floreate: 7:54am On Aug 28, 2020
Your report remains small,

To whom do they want you to get married?

And how has your effort been in vain?

Like have they threatened to disown you or what?

Finally, what's their reason for forcing you into Marriage against your Will?..
Thanks
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by vickydevoka(m): 7:54am On Aug 28, 2020
dairykidd:

Op na deep abokki people... na dem way. He ommitted that info from his post if not the story for no too long
Ya I think so, bcus here in Jos plateau, dere is a tribe I know gals start having kids from 15, married not unmarried , jst start dropping de kids for mama, n de men prefer marrying someone who has dropped at least one, dat shows an evidence of fertility
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by craves(m): 8:00am On Aug 28, 2020
Alimzy20:
I'm not the only son i have three brothers but i'm the senior of them all

Then what are they disturbing you for , are they high. Are you sure you are telling the truth, because situations like this are unique with only child or only son

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Husband Beats Wife For "Buhari Is Working" Comment (Photos) / Onyeka Nnadozie Eze's Two Sets Of Twins And Wife (Photos) / Marry A 32 Year Old Good Girl Or Look For A Younger Good Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.