Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out (34146 Views)

See The Food Stuffs I Bought For N80,000 In Kano State / MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval / See 200 Naira Tomatoes In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by Champneys: 5:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
Propaganda, lies and deceit cant travel far.

The clowns told us there is rice is Kano, we are self sufficient in food production and we are feeding other nations.

They told us rice importation has stopped and there is no foreign rice in Nigeria, but some of us know that importers are landing them in Benin Republic and smuggling them into Nigeria despite border closure....

Let Buhari and co be deceiving each other and some of you stupi....d dumbfu...ck.

Nah here we go dey!
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by lexy2014: 5:33pm On Aug 26, 2020
ogododo:

No be una de follow talk se we get food boku for our obodo Naija

When did we have this discussion?
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 26, 2020
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by sunbreaker: 5:34pm On Aug 26, 2020
Coronavirus84:
For rice mill here in Abakaliki town, We have enough rice to sell for intending buyers from anywhere in Nigeria. Well destoned rice of international grades
price
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by Bahamas95(m): 5:34pm On Aug 26, 2020
See how aboki carry ny*sh siddan ontop rice wey people wan chop.

Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by Empredboy(m): 5:36pm On Aug 26, 2020
angelina08:
I thought that is the region where rice is grown in plentiful quantities?
Hmmmmm don't worry mark today with the ways things are going and these border countries are doing especially Benin Republic we Nigerians will asylum from them. I live around there and i talking from experience. Forget what the government is telling you about the border closure just make out time and Benin then you will see that they have left Nigeria behind. Note cfa1000 is now #812 unlike in 2015 when cga1000 was#415
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by olaoye15(m): 5:43pm On Aug 26, 2020
FullnessofJoy:
They provided the highest votes for Buhari.

Good day all, my name is Joy, please help me as I am an expectant mother who will soon put to bed. I lost my job in the course of the pandemic and haven't been able to prepare for the arrival of the baby as I am in 3rd trimester. This is due to lack of finances which has also affected me in terms of nutrition. I'm doing this as the last resort with strong faith that I get favour from you. Thank you as you help.

Acc. No.: 33 51181962, Ecobank, Joy.

Your first sentence has actually placed a limit to the amount of donation you will get.

Wisdom is profitable to direct. That is my one cent donation.
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by Vatod(m): 5:45pm On Aug 26, 2020
Please who know where I can be supplying my Palmoil in Lagos!
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by crossfm: 5:47pm On Aug 26, 2020
obonujoker:

God forbid.... By God's grace I will soon exit
lol,even me wa de yan,if opportunity show na to Ben Johnson.
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by Nwaezeson(m): 5:48pm On Aug 26, 2020
Arrewa:
Daily trust with their fake news again!

Please stop peddling fake news!

Rice is very affordable in Kano a friend bought bags of rice just yesterday each for N9300 for his wife tuwon shinkafa Bussiness which he used to buy not less than 10 bags for her every two weeks. How can rice become unaffordable just overnight?

This is kind of news that hit the front page within a blink of an eye.

The prize is high but still very affordable to people of Kano state!
Tuwo shinkafa rice is deferent from the real rice so the price
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by FullnessofJoy: 5:49pm On Aug 26, 2020
olaoye15:

Your first sentence has actually placed a limit to the amount of donation you will get.

Wisdom is profitable to direct. That is my one cent donation.

Can you point out the wrong please?
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by Nwaide01: 5:54pm On Aug 26, 2020
Sometimes it seems like this government is trying to impress some people because some of their action is archaic and some of their decision defies logic otherwise how can you ban importation of one of the best stable food in the country with a lousy excuse that you want to be self sufficient in it's production,btw there is no country that don't import one type of food or the other.

1 Like

Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by uvie66: 6:01pm On Aug 26, 2020
FullnessofJoy:
Rice is very costly in my area.

Good day all, my name is Joy, please help me as I am an expectant mother who will soon put to bed. I lost my job in the course of the pandemic and haven't been able to prepare for the arrival of the baby as I am in 3rd trimester. This is due to lack of finances which has also affected me in terms of nutrition. I'm doing this as the last resort with strong faith that I get favour from you. Thank you as you help. So you did not put your financial situation into consideration before engaging in procreation ? Your partner should find a solution to the problem.

Acc. No.: 33 51181962, Ecobank, Joy.
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by Timfreds(m): 6:02pm On Aug 26, 2020
Make them no cry o.l Said Baba 4+4 must complete. Zombies.
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by article1: 6:04pm On Aug 26, 2020
Enjoy your change. Sai Baba, Sai mai gaskiya.
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by Shivah: 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2020
It's what they voted for.
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by anungangampu: 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2020
Queenflourish:
At badagry
A bag of rice is 19000 - 20000
While derica is 350
Imported
abeg what the name of the popular okrika market in badagry?
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by Sagay212: 6:18pm On Aug 26, 2020
THERE IS RICE IN KANO! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by Enosampson: 6:20pm On Aug 26, 2020
Please how can i get rice paddy i need in bags learnt its cheaper at the north
Arrewa:
Daily trust with their fake news again!

Please stop peddling fake news!

Rice is very affordable in Kano a friend bought bags of rice just yesterday each for N9300 for his wife tuwon shinkafa Bussiness which he used to buy not less than 10 bags for her every two weeks. How can rice become unaffordable just overnight?

This is kind of news that hit the front page within a blink of an eye.

The prize is high but still very affordable to people of Kano state!
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by Arrewa: 6:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
Enosampson:
Please how can i get rice paddy i need in bags learnt its cheaper at the north
yes it's more cheaper here
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by OgogoroFreak(m): 6:28pm On Aug 26, 2020
No economy rule works in Nigeria.
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by vasco01(m): 6:34pm On Aug 26, 2020
Were were we when we voted buhari for change?

Let everyone carry his crosd

Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by dalass(f): 6:42pm On Aug 26, 2020
adontcare:
angry This is d real change

Its outrageous! angry
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by Kingbuhari(m): 6:46pm On Aug 26, 2020
They voted for economic destabilizer then why are they crying
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by dalass(f): 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2020
tamdun:

Don't put this one on Buhari pls, Nigerians are very greedy, imagine local rice that no one give a damn about before is now more expensive than foreign rice, the government closed the border so our farmers can enjoy but they want to become billionaire overnight, them don see opportunity

Buharis government policies always boomerang on its hapless citizens... Border closure is affecting us negatively.....

Inflation on foodstuffs is too high.... You calculate how much you spend on food tho se days to what you're spending now... Its unacceptably too expensive and its not only rice but all foodstuffs
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by jamjo: 6:57pm On Aug 26, 2020
ogododo:

https://dailytrust.com/rice-becoming-unaffordable-in-kano

Buhari Rice revolution the best achievement, As all can see Propaganda will never equate reality.
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:59pm On Aug 26, 2020
adioolayi:
Time to go back....Abeg, wetin we dey eat before rice come become something every household dey eat

From where I come from those days....Rice sure pass during festive period.. especially Christmas and Easter...Yes, functions too..Rice dey sure.

Funny thing is, now, we no fit do without rice...Let's try and go back to eat wetin we dey eat back then na grin cheesy grin
go back to your religion. First
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by bizzibodi(m): 7:01pm On Aug 26, 2020
Coronavirus84:
For rice mill here in Abakaliki town, We have enough rice to sell for intending buyers from anywhere in Nigeria. Well destoned rice of international grades
It is not about Enuff rice but at what price??
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by bizzibodi(m): 7:05pm On Aug 26, 2020
Stallion93:
Must they chop Rice??! Shey they have Tuwo Chinkafa, E no do them??
Chinkafa is rice too grin grin grin
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by Queenflourish(f): 7:09pm On Aug 26, 2020
anungangampu:
abeg what the name of the popular okrika market in badagry?

Fibre agbalata
Re: Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out by bizzibodi(m): 7:13pm On Aug 26, 2020
Rice farmers are smiling to d bank,make I go farm rice jare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! / Easter Peppered Chicken Recipe. / What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.