Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,573 members, 7,823,495 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Must I Be A Graduate With A Good Status In The Society To Find True Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must I Be A Graduate With A Good Status In The Society To Find True Love (1153 Views)

Why A Rich Guy Can Not Find True Love.. / Must I Give Her Transport Fare Every Time She Visits? / I Am A Single Mum. Can I Still Find True Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must I Be A Graduate With A Good Status In The Society To Find True Love by Veracious(f): 3:26pm On Jun 19, 2007
I met a guy recently who wanted a relationship but was interested to know my family status becos he is from the rich and mighty family status.
Re: Must I Be A Graduate With A Good Status In The Society To Find True Love by iice(f): 5:15pm On Jun 19, 2007
really i don't get those things.  I had this friend whose boyfriend was dating her because of her status and her family standing in society undecided

I know that family, traditions, society, religion etc makes things a li'l more difficult or easier (depending) than they can be, but sometimes i believe in staying true to yourself because you live with yourself afterall, if you are not happy, it will be harder to make others around you happy.  Then there are those times, you will want to say 'to hell with all'.  Some people find love despite social standings etc. 

It really depends on the individual and yourself.  And i don't think one has to have some social standing to find true love. 
Re: Must I Be A Graduate With A Good Status In The Society To Find True Love by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 24, 2007
I thought women always look for 'true' love in guys of a particular family and/or financial staus? Why you girls complain when a man wants the same thing?
Re: Must I Be A Graduate With A Good Status In The Society To Find True Love by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:42am On Jun 26, 2007
@topic
complete trash, if i were to be in your shoes i would simply tell him to kiss my ass and go to hell. angry
Re: Must I Be A Graduate With A Good Status In The Society To Find True Love by ima1(f): 5:23am On Jun 26, 2007
your family sometimes reflects who you are, figure it out
Re: Must I Be A Graduate With A Good Status In The Society To Find True Love by MP007(m): 8:20am On Jun 26, 2007
on the contrary , Mehn i scared of women that "too" eduvcated,,,, all u need is a man that understands and values u for you,
Re: Must I Be A Graduate With A Good Status In The Society To Find True Love by Veracious(f): 5:15pm On Jun 26, 2007
Well i think some of you made some very good points.the truth is i can't imagine getting into a relationship with someone who does'nt love me for who i am (graduate or not). i think such a guy should go to hell and look for some girl with all the good family status,a graduate,who does not love him and who makes his life a living bondage.
Re: Must I Be A Graduate With A Good Status In The Society To Find True Love by niceuzor: 5:24pm On Jun 26, 2007
Good for you!!!!

Try and complete ur profile Ok.
cool
Re: Must I Be A Graduate With A Good Status In The Society To Find True Love by moondust(m): 6:24pm On Jun 26, 2007
What da?
Re: Must I Be A Graduate With A Good Status In The Society To Find True Love by niceuzor: 6:31pm On Jun 26, 2007
Mr. man i'm i refering to you?
Re: Must I Be A Graduate With A Good Status In The Society To Find True Love by Veracious(f): 1:27pm On Jun 27, 2007
niceuzor:

Good for you!!!!

Try and complete your profile Ok.
cool

niceuzor what do u mean by good for me?
Re: Must I Be A Graduate With A Good Status In The Society To Find True Love by ebos(m): 8:13pm On Jul 02, 2007
Real Love does not ask all these if really want to marry, but with what is obtainable in Nigeria today as Oliver sang, Love dey see well well for Naija. when the money is there, love will regain it's sight to see you, it will open its eyes to assess ur worth. As for me, real love will determine who I will marry, knowing fully well, when all those things are gone, everything is gone? Mney or education will not be my priority, but that does not mean I will marry illiterate.
Re: Must I Be A Graduate With A Good Status In The Society To Find True Love by ebos(m): 8:13pm On Jul 02, 2007
Real Love does not ask all these if really want to marry, but with what is obtainable in Nigeria today as Oliver sang, Love dey see well well for Naija. when the money is there, love will regain it's sight to see you, it will open its eyes to assess ur worth. As for me, real love will determine who I will marry, knowing fully well, when all those things are gone, everything is gone? Money or education will not be my priority, but that does not mean I will marry illiterate.
Re: Must I Be A Graduate With A Good Status In The Society To Find True Love by hotchic1(f): 9:06pm On Jul 02, 2007
The fact is what is the definition of the so-called real love,its better to be practical with this love thingy,but financial status shldn't b a question wen considering marriage but i can understand the issue of the background thingy.
Re: Must I Be A Graduate With A Good Status In The Society To Find True Love by Nobody: 4:53am On Jul 03, 2007
thingy thingy, just feeling naughty naughty
Re: Must I Be A Graduate With A Good Status In The Society To Find True Love by hotchic1(f): 10:15pm On Jul 03, 2007
nimi-k:

thingy thingy, just feeling naughty naughty

Don't tell me that you're talking to me,
Re: Must I Be A Graduate With A Good Status In The Society To Find True Love by chistiana(f): 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2007
Does true love really exist.
get down with a rich and handsome guy( before u love is thrown back to ur face.
Re: Must I Be A Graduate With A Good Status In The Society To Find True Love by verpaki: 7:09pm On Jul 04, 2007
My Dear,
Neva luk at the sun from one side alone.
it is possible that the young man has strong feelings for u and will like to know ur social status for reasons he doesn't want to divulge to you.
i.e
so that he can know how to present you to his family
Assist you attain level of academic qualification befiting of his , whatever he wants u to be
Re: Must I Be A Graduate With A Good Status In The Society To Find True Love by Veracious(f): 10:49am On Jul 05, 2007
@verpaki

you see what i mean; if he can't show me to his parents or friends because am not a graduate and not from a rich family then he does'nt really love me.

Must all men marry a graduate.or vise-visa.
Re: Must I Be A Graduate With A Good Status In The Society To Find True Love by degubi(m): 10:45am On Jul 06, 2007
being educated or not does not guarantee success in marriage, status symbol is not a perequisite for happiness in marriage, the character,values and beliefs of an individual will determine his or her success in all aspects of life. know what u want, if u will be comfortable with a less educated person so be it, if u won't then do not go into it.
Re: Must I Be A Graduate With A Good Status In The Society To Find True Love by Veracious(f): 11:49am On Jul 06, 2007
degubi:

being educated or not does not guarantee success in marriage, status symbol is not a perequisite for happiness in marriage, the character,values and beliefs of an individual will determine his or her success in all aspects of life. know what u want, if u will be comfortable with a less educated person so be it, if u won't then do not go into it.

That is it, you just said it all "being educated does not guarantee success in mariage"

LOVE SHOULD BE THE PARAMOUNT THING.

(1) (Reply)

Should I Let Ma Emotions Rule Me( Urgent Advice Pls) / How To Pick Up A Naija Girl / How Romantic Are U?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.