Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? (49363 Views)

Have You Ever Dated Someone Whose Status Is Above Yours? / Have You Ever Dated Someone Out Of Pity? / Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by akeensbussy(m): 5:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
I met my wife on nairalist in 2011. We are married now for 9years with 3 kids.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by Prechy08(m): 5:36pm On Aug 27, 2020
I met my wife here

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by zudozz: 5:37pm On Aug 27, 2020
date..no..

bang?......YES!
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by harrwix(m): 5:37pm On Aug 27, 2020
Prettychild:
I have never done it before but I gave it a try mid of this year. I met him on this forum. Me wey dey form tough girl, I just fell yakata for him! Was scared on our first meeting but I found out he was a likable person. He didn't have anything like the guys I normally hang out with but I loved his resilience and thought that we would build our own empire. It didn't last because I noticed that he only needed me to cure boredom and never wanted to know me better. We broke up.

Hmmm.... don't give up on love though

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by TheManOfTheYear: 5:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
lefulefu:
no u will still do visa if its either canada or US but it wont demanding as u going there as med graduate student.Before in the not so few past when you wan do ur clinicals here u could do the clinicals in the US but some nigerians amongst the students based on who we be wen they get into the US to do their clinicals they will abscond and abandon their course.But there some european countries here u could visit without visa.There is a particular mountain here if u climb am u go dey sight France for afar.France is very close here and many french tourists dey visit here all the time.
How is the emboldened true? France is like in the other side of the Atlantic while the Commonwealth of Dominica is in the Caribbean?
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by sparko1(m): 5:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
Karlifate:

sparko1 the Resident Statistician of Nairaland.
Chop knuckles!!!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by Pascalobi(m): 5:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
yes I have, infact I meet my present girlfriend on social media and till now, we are still rocking strongly.
I even intended marrying on her soon because she is of good behavior (but)yes I have, infact I meet my present girlfriend on social media and till now, we are still rocking strongly.
I even intended marrying on her soon because she is of good behavior (but)
yes I have, infact I meet my present girlfriend on social media and till now, we are still rocking strongly.
I even intended marrying on her soon because she is of good behavior (but)
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by pocohantas(f): 5:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
Klass99:

Poco every time I see you write this, I am like, I hope one of these good people she talks about are not some of the same people who start smear campaigns against her here.

I also hope they haven't shared personal stuff about you to other NLanders who come here to troll you with their nastiness. Before you bite my head hear me out........

I learnt there's a male user here who is fond of befriending female users on NL and offline. He gets to know personal stuff about his female friends, then runs his mouth like a broken dam about them.

So what he does is this, he befriends you finds out stuff about you, then shares it with me. He befriends Ariza and tells Ariza stuff about me and you........and continues his vicious cycle of gossip.

So, if for example you see me dragging Ariza and dropping details of her private/personal life in a malicious attempt to hurt her, you can guess where it's coming.

He knows a lot about the marriage of one married woman here and has shared that intel as well. grin

I just have reservations that's all.

Lmao. Babe, forget most Romance and Family section guys that have time to be gossiping online/offline. Trolling woman upandan. Those ones na just prick be the evidence of their manhood. The thing with being active in Family/Romance is that, you begin to look at them as the standard of NL men. Whereas they are not.

As for smear campaigns, if you, Klass, enters their radar today, there would be one on your matter too. You’ll become the ex to someone who doesn’t know your name and you may probably have done abortions for 5 other alternates. It is NL and what they do.

I have a moniker in mind and I am not surprised. The problem is, some of those ladies do not want to be on his bad side- so they don’t mind getting into his circle. Wrong move...

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by Pwettyella(f): 5:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
Nope..but I have met good friends online
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by Klass99(f): 5:40pm On Aug 27, 2020

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by sharpwriter(m): 5:42pm On Aug 27, 2020
akaza90:
undecided you mean am sad

Yes na . cheesy .. the second didn't say yes to my proposal, but she could speak with me all night and give me 9 missed calls if I no quickly pick up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by yesloaded: 5:42pm On Aug 27, 2020
madridguy:
Yes, met my girlfriend right here on nairaland. I would have love to mention her moniker but for privacy reason. I pray God Almighty perfect our way, I will open a thread here to thank the owner of this platform.
She must be a buharist like u grin
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by fullblast(m): 5:43pm On Aug 27, 2020
Nice and great people abound here... By their fruits you shall know them. Comments are good at mirroring back the kind of personality you are.

Recently, On this platform, I met a lovely and kind lady. No need to mention her moniker.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by adajoe555: 5:43pm On Aug 27, 2020
grin cheesy cheesy Yes oh .... dated on nairaland, it was interesting anyways. we later met and we continued for a year before we broke up. grin
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by pocohantas(f): 5:44pm On Aug 27, 2020
Klass99:

Who said anything about sexcapades or advances from a man ?.

Maybe it hit close to home. Emaprince is probably one of the ones with running mouth, because I no see wetin bring sexcapade enter the matter.

Avoid him... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by TemmyT002(m): 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
larryking540:

and wat did you see

She had been sending her nude pictures up and down
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by yesloaded: 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
Yes, I have loads of friends and bus partners that I got to know through nairaland
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by scanner1000(m): 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
madridguy:
Nairaland sure pass any platform for the whole world walahi. I don jam one of the richest man daughter in Nigeria for this nairaland before na religion difference make us no connect.
Naira land females just want matured mind.

How can I send direct message to someone here. I do see beautiful ladies here but I can't find d link to send them send messages cry
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by Iamgrey5(m): 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
Yes, I have met a lot of good girls on social media even here on Nairaland, although I haven't really dated anyone.

I actually liked one until her comments about Tribal affiliations and politics put me off.

I also met one that is always using Queen's English to chat.

Although, I find it really hard to trust girls I meet on social media.
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by Klass99(f): 5:46pm On Aug 27, 2020

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by TheCork(m): 5:48pm On Aug 27, 2020
Zzor:
Thanks,yes I had a good day

Which good day?? ..anyways please can I get some? I be very gentle.. I juss like to put only the head inside. Please? cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by rhames(m): 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
Dating a beautiful woman I chatted with on Facebook. She is of good character and have so many nice things to say about her.

Sometimes it work and sometimes it's a turn off.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by Liposure: 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

Na husband I dey find, not boyfriend.
i see
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by Iamgrey5(m): 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
Klass99:

Who said anything about sexcapades or advances from a man ?

It's the lack of discretion which causes issues for others, that's a problem.

If you're my friend and Ebuka is my friend as well. I shouldn't be telling you about Ebuka's marriage problems, because you don't need to know.

And I shouldn't be telling Ebuka about your money problems either, because he doesn't need to know.
I have noticed you find it hard to trust anyone.
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by CaseSensitive(m): 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by Hightbee102: 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
Me self they look for girls from kogi state grin
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by pocohantas(f): 5:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Yes I have met a lot of good girls on social media even here on Nairaland, although I haven't really dated anyone.

I actually liked one until her comments about Tribal affiliations and politics put me off.

I also met one that is always using Queen's English to chat. Although I find it really hard to trust girls I meet on social media.

Which kind English we suppose use abeg? grin
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by dingbang(m): 5:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

Na husband I dey find, not boyfriend.
me too I am looking for wife, not girlfriend cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by Olude193: 5:52pm On Aug 27, 2020
silverstar007:
Tried my shot on eDating on IG via a relationship platform. I was desperate to settle down. Few minutes into listing the ad, numerous ladies called me. I guess stating my profession wasn't a good omen as it attracted many ladies who mainly fell for my profession. Even ladies outside Nigeria called and chatted me up.

I followed up with two.... One, a banker, accidentally live behind my street. We met and gisted for long and was looking forward to seeing her again. Another, I thought I would have a fling with right from our freaky chat seem serious and I went for her. Pretty cute babe. She dribbled me several times. We scheduled meeting, but I guess she was scared. We eventually met in person. I loved what and all I saw. Face, booz, behind, and civil servant work due to plenty time on her table. She was totally independent lady. I once slept at her place to catch up with an early flight. No sex!!! I noticed differences between which I saw as early red flag from my toxic relationship experience. She gave me reasons to worry. She was cool with me. But my spirit wasn't settled. I had my worries, but I kept the struggle until the final straw the broke the camel back. I ended the relationship with uttering a word. Just kept my distance until I was healed. I had fell for her!!!

My mistakes.
Be real with anyone. Put your foot on ground. People pretend especially ladies to get into marriage. I ran! Once beaten. Don't blame me. I have had my fair share of toxic relationship, so I can smell foul from distance.

Don't be carried away by beauty, money, profession. Any of these things can fade off any time. Let God take charge!

Put God first before any criteria you have set. God knows what is best for us. What god gives is best for us. What we want may possibly kill us.

Stop playing games. Stop chopping from one lady to another.

Focus on building a brighter and better future. Wedding ceremonies is a not a necessity. Coronavirus has made this obvious to anyone who has ears and eyes.

What were the signs you saw

The Koko of the matter you omitted
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by xtervaganza(m): 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2020
I met my ex wife online. We dated roughly 8 years b4 getting married. We would have stayed if I wasn't broke then grin grin grin

Thank God say jungle don mature now

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by King44(m): 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2020
udoekere:

Their bad mouth is a total turn off to me...I don't think I can date any girl here on this forum especially dat zzor of a girl.
watin Zzor do you na?

Lemme defend her, she is a nice girl oo but her feminism too much

Online dating has been favorable to me anyway, most of my live sef na online I dey finish am. I just don't know how to start and finish a girls job offline em a bit shy.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? by Iamgrey5(m): 5:54pm On Aug 27, 2020
pocohantas:

Which kind English we suppose use abeg? grin
I know wan talk jare grin

I use Google to cross check words when chatting with the girl until I got tired

She uses big words every time.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply)

Twitter User Claims He Had Sex With A Lady Who Did Her Wedding 3 Months Ago / Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? / I'm Afraid Of My Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.