Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,276 members, 7,839,376 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Ecuadorian Spouses Who Have Been Married For 79-years, Become The World's Oldest - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ecuadorian Spouses Who Have Been Married For 79-years, Become The World's Oldest (752 Views)

This Is The World's Oldest Valentine Day Card, Printed In 1797 (Photos) / Kemi Olunloyo: I Have Never Been Married At 56 Because I Won't Submit To A Man / I Wouldn't Have Been Married If My Wife Didn't Ask Me This Question; Man Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ecuadorian Spouses Who Have Been Married For 79-years, Become The World's Oldest by Rabbi4real: 12:07am On Aug 27, 2020
Ecuadorian spouses, 110-year-old Julio Cesar Mora Tapia and 104-year-old Waldramina Maclovia Quinteros Reyes, who have been married for 79 years, are now the world's oldest married couple.

The pair secured the title of the oldest married couple, with an aggregate age of 214 years and 358 days, according to Guinness World Records.

Julio Cesar was born on March 10th, 1910, and Waldramina was born on October 16, 1915. The couple met through her sister's husband, who was Julio Cesar’s cousin.
After becoming friends which led to a loving relationship, they got married seven years later on February 7, 1941.

They went on to become the parents of five children. Their oldest son sadly died at the age of 58.

Today, Cesar and Waldramina have a huge family of 11 grandchildren, 21 great-grandchildren, and 9 great-great-grandchildren.

"Family unity under the rules of love, mutual respect, honest work, and proper education based on family values are the keys to healthy coexistence," the couple said.

"The love and maturity that we had as a couple from the beginning of the marriage allowed us to know each other and grow emotionally to define our future."

"It was not easy because our relatives did not have a good relationship, but with time and patience we were able to unite them and we became an example and the best reference for the younger generations."

"Respect, compassion and consideration with which we maintained our relationship was very important; we never argued or fought. There were disagreements, but they were not noticeable to any of our children who also deserved respect and love."

"The secret formula = love + maturity + mutual respect," the couple shared.

"For us, Julio Cesar and Waldramina, it is a great honor and pride to have a Guinness World Records title because it is the highest award that the world recognizes."

"It is true that at this time it is difficult because we are overwhelmed by the pandemic that affects the world and we still do not have a solution. However, the first step for us to follow the rules with respect and love the life."

Source: https://livelystones.ng/2020/08/27/ecuadorian-spouses-who-have-been-married-for-79-years-become-the-worlds-oldest-married-couple/

1 Like

Re: Ecuadorian Spouses Who Have Been Married For 79-years, Become The World's Oldest by Juliusmomoh: 4:02am On Aug 27, 2020
So sweet... tongue
Re: Ecuadorian Spouses Who Have Been Married For 79-years, Become The World's Oldest by Olawalelead(m): 5:13am On Aug 27, 2020
Beautiful...
Re: Ecuadorian Spouses Who Have Been Married For 79-years, Become The World's Oldest by Nobody: 5:20am On Aug 27, 2020
Nice one!
Re: Ecuadorian Spouses Who Have Been Married For 79-years, Become The World's Oldest by Powerfly(f): 9:07am On Aug 27, 2020
True.
Re: Ecuadorian Spouses Who Have Been Married For 79-years, Become The World's Oldest by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 27, 2020
79 years of being together.
Whilst someone married for 3 months on nairaland will come and report their spouse for bashing.
Marriage is not for kids. And maturity is not a function of age.
-If you don't like sticking to one person, don't marry
-If you can't forgive when offended, remain single
-If you hate to spend (especially the guys), don't marry /don't have kids
-If you can't settle your quarrels behind closed doors, stay single
-If you're still doing "my privacy, my privacy", Infact stay single till you die.
-Any small thing, you go back to your father's house, (as a woman), please stay single.

Pride, unforgiveness, selfishness, immaturity destroys relationship.
Re: Ecuadorian Spouses Who Have Been Married For 79-years, Become The World's Oldest by Rabbi4real: 5:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
Hmnnnnnn

Chii59:
79 years of being together.
Whilst someone married for 3 months on nairaland will come and report their spouse for bashing.
Marriage is not for kids. And maturity is not a function of age.
-If you don't like sticking to one person, don't marry
-If you can't forgive when offended, remain single
-If you hate to spend (especially the guys), don't marry /don't have kids
-If you can't settle your quarrels behind closed doors, stay single
-If you're still doing "my privacy, my privacy", Infact stay single till you die.
-Any small thing, you go back to your father's house, (as a woman), please stay single.

Pride, unforgiveness, selfishness, immaturity destroys relationship.
Re: Ecuadorian Spouses Who Have Been Married For 79-years, Become The World's Oldest by Bluezy13(m): 5:31pm On Aug 27, 2020
Hmmm...

At last one positive thing about marriage.
Re: Ecuadorian Spouses Who Have Been Married For 79-years, Become The World's Oldest by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 27, 2020
this is what i call true love
if it was nigeria now the man wont last
i have always asked why is it in nigeria many married men die early cheesy

(1) (Reply)

A Girl Knows If You'll Fvck Or Not From The Very First Moment Of Meeting You? / What I Observed About Nairaland People. / I Am In Need Of A Job Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.