Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student (42602 Views)

Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) / Pastor Adeboye Reacts To Rape Of Uwa Omozuwa, UNIBEN Student In Edo RCCG / Delta Police Parade Suspected IPOB Members, Cultists (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Sanchez01: 7:03am On Aug 27, 2020
Three months after the brutal rape and murder of Vera Omozuwa, a 100-level student of the University of Benin, the Edo State Police Command on Wednesday paraded six suspects in connection with the crime.

PREMIUM TIMES reported how the victim, Vera Omozuwa, a 100-level Microbiology student of UNIBEN, was beaten inside a hall in the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Ikpoba Hill, Benin City on May 13, where she went to study.

She died on May 31, 18 days after, at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital.

She was 23 years old.

Suspects

Parading the suspects at the command’s headquarters in Benin City, the state Commissioner of Police, Johnson Kokumo, gave their names as Nelson Ogbebor, Akato Valentine, Tina Samuel, Mary Ade, Nosa Osabohien and Collins Ulegbe.

Mr Kokumo said the police decided to intensify efforts in unravelling those behind the death of the student following public outcry and “the interest by the Inspector-General of Police in the matter”.

He said, “the matter was a great concern to the Inspector General of Police, IGP, Muhammed Adamu who sent to us here in Benin, homicide experts to work with our policemen at the state criminal investigation department.

“What we are seeing today, is a result of the uniting efforts of the police to get at the root of the crime, and today, I announce to you and making public through this medium that the perpetrators have been arrested.”

Mr Kokumo said the post-mortem result revealed that Ms Uwaila was raped.

“The post-mortem results had confirmed that she was raped,” he said.

He said he had earlier told the people of the state and Nigeria at large that the police would do all in their powers to unmask those behind her death.

“I assured the good people of Edo State that we will leave no stone unturned to unravel the mystery behind this,” he said.

He said they (suspects) had made ‘confessional statements’.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/410969-omozuwa-police-parade-suspected-killers-of-uniben-student.html

"We got N1m to kill her for rituals"

According to the Edo Broadcasting Service Television, Uwaila's phone was sold for N17,000 to one Osaboyen who was tracked and traced by the police. Upon apprehension, Osaboyen admitted the phone was sold to him by one Collins who confessed to have participated in the murder said he used the church's fire extinguisher knock the deceased out while the other suspects 'engaged' her. The said Collins then fingered one Valentine and Blissing Ugbebor as accomplices in the murder.

Another suspect named Mary who was said to have offered the sum of N1,000,000 (one million Naira only) to the gang to kill Vera Omozuwa for ritual purposes was also paraded alongside the chief suspects. The blood of Vera was allegedly cleaned with a white handkerchief and then handed over to Mary.

https://twitter.com/instablog9ja/status/1298852086403268613

5 Likes

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Sanchez01: 7:04am On Aug 27, 2020
I honestly don't get it. Perhaps I might understand if the poor lady was killed out of spite, jealousy or to hurt the parents. Hatred, bitterness and envy are still some things that make up most vile humans but taking the life of another for ritual purposes is beyond me. Like there is an evil spirit somewhere that will release unlimited amount of money to you for taking the life of another.

Without mincing words, these suspects should be condemned to death after full investigation is concluded and then a slow, but painful death penalty should be metted out to them. The type that causes the body to cake and fall off little by little and then start falling off like dominoes.

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Skepticus: 7:06am On Aug 27, 2020
Skull miners. Edo Chapter

Just waste people life for cheap money that would be spent on booze and prostitutes.

May we not cross path with these blood thirsty demons.

65 Likes

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by WaterTheMonk(m): 7:07am On Aug 27, 2020
Don't ever buy a used phone without a receipt. Don't buy a phone from people you don't know.

If you don't use a phone, you will not die.
No go buy phone wey get matter for head.
Stay blessed people

235 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by onward4life(m): 7:08am On Aug 27, 2020
Na lie lie explanation be dis

Name the yeye cult group dat did dis

Make we cleanse Edo state wan more time this year..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by lifezone247(m): 7:08am On Aug 27, 2020
Sanchez01:
oga leave this land alone oo. You creat estate come Dey buy land for your own estate again? lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Skepticus: 7:11am On Aug 27, 2020
onward4life:
Na lie lie explanation be dis

Name the yeye cult group dat did dis

Make we cleanse Edo state wan more time this year..

It's obvious you know more about this case.

Go report yasef to the police station in Benin.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by ERockson: 7:12am On Aug 27, 2020
Hope Nigeria police is not lying. They speed at which they catch killers in the south should use in tackling and arresting the criminal herdsmen and bokoharam.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Sanchez01: 7:14am On Aug 27, 2020
lifezone247:
oga leave this land alone oo. You creat estate come Dey buy land for your own estate again? lipsrsealed
LMAO grin

No vex. And you even came late o. Would have gladly given you the space but Glo no go let you. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by WibusJaga: 7:15am On Aug 27, 2020
N1M offered to take innocent life for ritual?
Sounds crazy! embarassed
Anyway they should face the full wrath of the Law.

19 Likes

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Anaerobi(m): 7:19am On Aug 27, 2020
I pray no innocent person will be involved in any of this.... but as long as they are guilty, the should dance to the music.

17 Likes

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by swiz123(m): 7:24am On Aug 27, 2020
The Nigerian police is highly effective in catching the wrong people.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Sanchez01: 7:27am On Aug 27, 2020
Anaerobi:
I pray no innocent person will be involved in any of this.... but as long as they are guilty, the should dance to the music.
Well... amen. I know the NPF can be unreliable but when it comes to tracing phone numbers, every security agency in Nigeria have mastered the disturbing act of looking up the location of any phone and phone number, courtesy of their unfettered access to ISPs in Nigeria, which is why it would be difficult to rope in an innocent person in this particular case.

The number was traced to one of the guys and the buyer must have known the type of people he bought the phone from or the type of friends he has. The police barely misses when it involves tracing phone numbers, except they are acting on specific orders.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by TheSERAPH: 7:27am On Aug 27, 2020
okay
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Mayng01(m): 7:30am On Aug 27, 2020
Does this really add up!
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by shawnfamous(m): 7:42am On Aug 27, 2020
Even if I no too trust the Nigerian police, but if these people are the real killers of that lady, let them also be sentenced to death by electric shock

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Sanchez01: 7:57am On Aug 27, 2020
shawnfamous:
Even if I no too trust the Nigerian police, but if these people are the real killers of that lady, let them also be sentenced to death by electric shock
Death by electrocution is swift. Something slower seems more like it.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by DoubleEngine007: 7:59am On Aug 27, 2020
Kill them all. But I hope these are the real suspects, anyways..

2 Likes

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by andyanders: 8:53am On Aug 27, 2020
Sanchez01:

Death by electrocution is swift. Something slower seems more like it.

Exactly. Electrocution is not the best. Just by killing the idiots through the process whereby, eabh day, bring them out, cut one hand off with cutlass, sprinke iodine on it and allow it stay for 6hrs. After 6hrs, bring them out again, cut one leg off and apply same process until the person dies. The ones that participated in raping her, their manhoo should be cut off with razor blade and not knife. Slow process.

3 Likes

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Ishilove: 9:06am On Aug 27, 2020
Sanchez01:
I honestly don't get it. Perhaps I might understand if the poor lady was killed out of spite, jealousy or to hurt the parents. Hatred, bitterness and envy are still some things that make up most vile humans but taking the life of another for ritual purposes is beyond me. Like there is an evil spirit somewhere that will release unlimited amount of money to you for taking the life of another.

Without mincing words, these suspects should be condemned to death after full investigation is concluded and then a slow, but painful death penalty should be metted out to them. The type that causes the body to cake and fall off little by little and then start falling off like dominoes.
I'm wondering... What is their link to the deceased? Why was she picked as a target?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:21am On Aug 27, 2020
According to the Edo Broadcasting Service Television, Uwaila's phone was sold for N17,000 to one Osaboyen who was tracked and traced by the police. Upon apprehension, Osaboyen admitted the phone was sold to him by one Collins who confessed to have participated in the murder said he used the church's fire extinguisher knock the deceased out while the other suspects 'engaged' her. The said Collins then fingered one Valentine and Blissing Ugbebor as accomplices in the murder.

Another suspect named Mary who was said to have offered the sum of N1,000,000 (one million Naira only) to the gang to kill Vera Omozuwa for ritual purposes was also paraded alongside the chief suspects. The blood of Vera was allegedly cleaned with a white handkerchief and then handed over to Mary.

Listening to their confession make this more painful!
Hear the bastards

"Nelson first back am 2 by 2 for neck,
Interviewer : wetin be 2 by 2?
Bastard : Na plank!
D gal come kick d table dey shake,
all her books fall for ground.
Me I come hold am for leg"
as she wan stand up,
na so we nack am fire extinguisher wey dey d church for head bla bla bla......

Wasted souls. cry
Animalistic bastards
(Calling these mofos animals is actually an insult to the animal kingdom).
May they all die miserably and painfully.

Continue to Rest in perfect peace, Beautiful Vera.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Perfecttouchade: 9:21am On Aug 27, 2020
Wicked people undecided

1 Like

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Kinaman: 9:21am On Aug 27, 2020
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Slawormir: 9:22am On Aug 27, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
If they are really the perpetrators of that crime.
Then give them a painful death

Force a hive of bees down their throat....rub their mouth with gasoline to further infuriates the bees
Then seal their mouth and watch how the bees stings from within

A very painful way of killing Moda fuckkkers

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:22am On Aug 27, 2020
“What we are seeing today, is a result of the uniting efforts of the police to get at the root of the crime, and today, I announce to you and making public through this medium that the perpetrators have been arrested.”

He said he had earlier told the people of the state and Nigeria at large that the police would do all in their powers to unmask those behind her death.

“I assured the good people of Edo State that we will leave no stone unturned to unravel the mystery behind this,” he said.

swiz123:
The Nigerian police is highly effective in catching the wrong people.
DoubleEngine007:
Kill them all. But I hope these are the real suspects, anyways..
You guys can help the police by giving them the addresses of the right perpetrators........okay?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Lovelies1: 9:23am On Aug 27, 2020
These numbers hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by ForeThinker: 9:23am On Aug 27, 2020
undecided
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Kingpele(m): 9:23am On Aug 27, 2020
Terror, this is one of the reason, we should never allow ourselves to become a willing tool in the hand of the devil... he will decieve u, use u to achieve his evil purposes, and still abondon you to suffer the consequences here on earth and still face the wrath of God for eternity... God is love and merciful but if u resist his love, he will never force u to repent... Yet you will have to deal with it here and hereafter... Gods love is to save mankind from satanic deception and destruction.
U can give in to the lord or you can reject him.. Is your call

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Sanchez01: 9:24am On Aug 27, 2020
Ishilove:

I'm wondering... What is their link to the deceased? Why was she picked as a target?
My theory: The blood of a virgin, absence of adequate security at the church, which would have made the suspects seen her as an easy prey. Of course, they (assuming it isn't the wrong pick) must have known how empty the church was during daytime.

I feel it could have been anybody but unlucky Uwa was targeted for this.

That she could be raped and then mutilated tell her murderers had more than enough time to do what they wanted, no thanks to the church.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Guys Be careful, Ladies Also Use Their Boyfriends For Rituals !!! (GRAPHIC) / Robber raped me with poly bag as condom, teacher tells court / Soldier Damages Man's Car And Pepper-spray him for overtaking them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.