Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student (42619 Views)

Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years / Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) / Pastor Adeboye Reacts To Rape Of Uwa Omozuwa, UNIBEN Student In Edo RCCG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Bellotelli: 11:22am On Aug 27, 2020
dalass:

IGP self does not show interest until there is a massive public outcry against a particular unacceptable crime is committed undecided

Police will do nothing except IG or superior officers declare interest, money is involved etc
That's true and the same time very bad.

1 Like

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by patrickmuf(m): 11:26am On Aug 27, 2020
I hate it when they say they worked extra hard to get to the root of a case because the IGP or whoever was involved...

Irrespective of who is interested in a case or not, the police should always do their best to protect people or bring perpetrators of crimes to book...
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by govmentson(m): 12:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
I pity the phone repairer that bought that phone. He was paraded with them.
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Alcantara88: 12:11pm On Aug 27, 2020
I was victim of this shit in 2013 when I was in 300l, I bought a phone looking new with receipt o from a student whom I don't know but was introduced to me by a barbar whom I told I needed to buy a fairly used phone .I never knew it was a stolen phone ,he stole his hostel roommate newly bought phone with the case which contained bother earpiece and receipt and claimed he just bought it and needed money urgently . I was suspended for a yr and started facing school disciplinary panel until I was able to catch and bring the boy after 1yr before I was called back ,I already missed a yr.
I have learnt my lesson.
I thank God for my life at least l was able to graduated , served and now am working.
The guy was expelled
WaterTheMonk:
Don't ever buy a used phone without a receipt. Don't buy a phone from people you don't know.

If you don't use a phone, you will not die.
No go buy phone wey get matter for head.
Stay blessed people

1 Like

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Zetty177x: 12:23pm On Aug 27, 2020
The story doesn't add up
1. How did they know that she's a virgin?
2.how come nobody saw all 4 guys entering the school to commit d act(initially,I was thinking it's only one person)
3. If they cleaned her blood, is their semen not there too? Won't the ritual affect the rapists?
4. Why did the Mastermind (the woman who offered them #1milla) offer #1 to the killers to kill for rituals... someone with #1million, should have used d money to trade to get richer...
5. That woman there doesn't look like she has a #1million to give anyone.
6. They should check d mastermind business or her worth...
7. Who wanted Uwa dead? And brutally too? Beats my imagination
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by bignero: 12:26pm On Aug 27, 2020
post=93271820:

Listening to their confession make this more painful!
Hear the bastards

"Nelson first back am 2 by 2 for neck,
Interviewer : wetin be 2 by 2?
Bastard : Na plank!
D gal come kick d table dey shake,
all her books fall for ground.
Me I come hold am for leg"
as she wan stand up,
na so we nack am fire extinguisher wey dey d church for head bla bla bla......

Wasted souls. cry
Animalistic bastards
(Calling these mofos animals is actually an insult to the animal kingdom).
May they all die miserably and painfully.

Continue to Rest in perfect peace, Beautiful Vera.

I feel sorry for people that share house with you.. You may not know, it but their just enduring you.

Your an irritant..

You claim the details are gory you, then go ahead to type it again... See how much sense you lack?..

Those around you are those are those i pity.. There in prison
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
All the killers are Christians.... I remember Some Nuisance were ranting Islam Islam when that horrible incident happened.....now all the suspects have been apprehended and it's obvious they are all Christians, Awon chameleon.. Underground devils
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by frog12: 12:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
for 1 MILLION DEY DO THIS?

very bad... who is this ritualist woman that wanted the GIRL'S blood?
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 12:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
Anaerobi:
I pray no innocent person will be involved in any of this.... but as long as they are guilty, the should dance to the music.

I think life sentence with hard labor will suit eh them the more...
Rip damsel [color=#990000][/color] cry cry cry
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 27, 2020
Zetty177x:
The story doesn't add up
1. How did they know that she's a virgin?
2.how come nobody saw all 4 guys entering the school to commit d act(initially,I was thinking it's only one person)
3. If they cleaned her blood, is their semen not there too? Won't the ritual affect the rapists?
4. Why did the Mastermind (the woman who offered them #1milla) offer #1 to the killers to kill for rituals... someone with #1million, should have used d money to trade to get richer...
5. That woman there doesn't look like she has a #1million to give anyone.
6. They should check d mastermind business or her worth...
7. Who wanted Uwa dead? And brutally too? Beats my imagination

I'm addition to that, the police didn't tell us when and how the 1 million was shared and any evidence of bank withdrawals or deposits to back up the claim.
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by dalass(f): 12:56pm On Aug 27, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

so at your age you can not tell a lie when you hear it

So, at your age, what actually happened, Methuselah
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by hashtagged(m): 12:57pm On Aug 27, 2020
logon599:
But if they're "suspected killers" it means your investigation is yet to reach a concrete conclusion, so why parade them publicly?

Exactly only 2 are guilty and confessed, one was just unlucky for buying the dead girls phone
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by hashtagged(m): 12:58pm On Aug 27, 2020
govmentson:
I pity the phone repairer that bought that phone. He was paraded with them.

Poor guy
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by hashtagged(m): 12:59pm On Aug 27, 2020
If it was ritual why was she raped, and that mary woman looks too poor to give out 1M
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by frog12: 1:12pm On Aug 27, 2020
good QUESTION. they raped her.

hashtagged:
If it was ritual why was she raped, and that mary woman looks too poor to give out 1M
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by ekevwe(m): 1:16pm On Aug 27, 2020
Sanchez01:
Three months after the brutal rape and murder of Vera Omozuwa, a 100-level student of the University of Benin, the Edo State Police Command on Wednesday paraded six suspects in connection with the crime.

PREMIUM TIMES reported how the victim, Vera Omozuwa, a 100-level Microbiology student of UNIBEN, was beaten inside a hall in the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Ikpoba Hill, Benin City on May 13, where she went to study.

She died on May 31, 18 days after, at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital.

She was 23 years old.

Suspects

Parading the suspects at the command’s headquarters in Benin City, the state Commissioner of Police, Johnson Kokumo, gave their names as Nelson Ogbebor, Akato Valentine, Tina Samuel, Mary Ade, Nosa Osabohien and Collins Ulegbe.

Mr Kokumo said the police decided to intensify efforts in unravelling those behind the death of the student following public outcry and “the interest by the Inspector-General of Police in the matter”.

He said, “the matter was a great concern to the Inspector General of Police, IGP, Muhammed Adamu who sent to us here in Benin, homicide experts to work with our policemen at the state criminal investigation department.

“What we are seeing today, is a result of the uniting efforts of the police to get at the root of the crime, and today, I announce to you and making public through this medium that the perpetrators have been arrested.”

Mr Kokumo said the post-mortem result revealed that Ms Uwaila was raped.

“The post-mortem results had confirmed that she was raped,” he said.

He said he had earlier told the people of the state and Nigeria at large that the police would do all in their powers to unmask those behind her death.

“I assured the good people of Edo State that we will leave no stone unturned to unravel the mystery behind this,” he said.

He said they (suspects) had made ‘confessional statements’.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/410969-omozuwa-police-parade-suspected-killers-of-uniben-student.html

"We got N1m to kill her for rituals"

According to the Edo Broadcasting Service Television, Uwaila's phone was sold for N17,000 to one Osaboyen who was tracked and traced by the police. Upon apprehension, Osaboyen admitted the phone was sold to him by one Collins who confessed to have participated in the murder said he used the church's fire extinguisher knock the deceased out while the other suspects 'engaged' her. The said Collins then fingered one Valentine and Blissing Ugbebor as accomplices in the murder.

Another suspect named Mary who was said to have offered the sum of N1,000,000 (one million Naira only) to the gang to kill Vera Omozuwa for ritual purposes was also paraded alongside the chief suspects. The blood of Vera was allegedly cleaned with a white handkerchief and then handed over to Mary.

https://twitter.com/instablog9ja/status/1298852086403268613

Why involving the osabohen as a suspect. Na phone he buy na.
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by IYANGBALI: 1:19pm On Aug 27, 2020
See as that one resemble ajepako
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by CAPSLOCKED: 1:24pm On Aug 27, 2020
Sanchez01:
I honestly don't get it. Perhaps I might understand if the poor lady was killed out of spite, jealousy or to hurt the parents. Hatred, bitterness and envy are still some things that make up most vile humans but taking the life of another for ritual purposes is beyond me. Like there is an evil spirit somewhere that will release unlimited amount of money to you for taking the life of another.

WHEN WE SAY RITUALS DON'T WORK, WE ACTUALLY DON'T CARE IF IT DOES OR NOT ESPECIALLY BECAUSE THERE'S ZERO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT IT'S EXISTENCE.

WE SAY RITUALS DON'T WORK IN ORDER TO PREVENT THINGS LIKE THIS, BUT THE EDUCATED ILLITERATES OF NIGERIA THAT ABOUND ON THIS FORUM COME FOR OUR HEADS SAYING THE OPPOSITE THEREBY ENABLING THESE VICES.

THE YOUNGER ONES HAVE COME TO FIND OUT ABOUT RITUAL KILLINGS AND THEY THINK IT'S PROFITABLE BECAUSE THEY READ ON THE INTERNET AND HEAR FROM OLDER ONES HOW IT WORKS. THE NEXT GENERATION AFTER THEM WILL BELIEVE THESE THINGS TOO, AND MOST OF THOSE WHO CLAIM RITUALS WORK HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED IT BUT ONLY RESTATE THE THINGS THEY HEARD FROM THOSE WHO RESTATE THE THINGS THEY HEARD AS WELL.

THESE THINGS WILL KEEP HAPPENING; YOUNG WOMEN AND CHILDREN WILL CONTINUE TO BE ABDUCTED AND KILLED FOR MONEY UNTIL WE DO AWAY WITH NONSENSE SUPERSTITIOUS AND RELIGIOUS BELIEFS. THEY TAKE US NOWHERE. NOWHERE!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Kokaine(m): 2:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
Sanchez01:
I honestly don't get it. Perhaps I might understand if the poor lady was killed out of spite, jealousy or to hurt the parents. Hatred, bitterness and envy are still some things that make up most vile humans but taking the life of another for ritual purposes is beyond me. Like there is an evil spirit somewhere that will release unlimited amount of money to you for taking the life of another.

Without mincing words, these suspects should be condemned to death after full investigation is concluded and then a slow, but painful death penalty should be metted out to them. The type that causes the body to cake and fall off little by little and then start falling off like dominoes.
I share your sentiment that she knows the parents, must have been jealous of uwa and probably even has a wayward daughter of uwas age mate.

Well... Whether she says it was jealousy, ritual, or even that she felt uwa was a good soul and she wanted her to quickly appear in paradise, she will still be killed. Because I don't understand how someone who can afford 1m naira to kill a grown up girl will say she did it for money rituals.
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by logon599: 5:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
Superpower:
If you have seen the video. they confessed to the crime

Have you not heard the story that if a tiger commits a crime in Nigeria, the police will catch a cat and beat it until it admits it is a tiger.
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Iceyjayzz(m): 5:42pm On Aug 27, 2020
andyanders:

Exactly. Electrocution is not the best. Just by killing the idiots through the process whereby, eabh day, bring them out, cut one hand off with cutlass, sprinke iodine on it and allow it stay for 6hrs. After 6hrs, bring them out again, cut one leg off and apply same process until the person dies. The ones that participated in raping her, their manhoo should be cut off with razor blade and not knife. Slow process.
Don't ever fall a victim
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by frog12: 6:17pm On Aug 27, 2020
this will CONTINUE until nigeria has DEATH PENALTY for these types of CRIMES.

1 Like

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Uwaila612(f): 6:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
What a wicked world! I grew up in that area, my house is jst a few minutes away from where the incident took place.. The woman that gave the killers 1M is popularly called Mama Anita and she has 3 grown up daughters o. Her house is jst a stone throw from the redeemed church. The guy that bought the stolen phone repairs phone in the same area.. The wicked shall never go unpunished. [quote author=Kokaine post=93280919]I share your sentiment that she knows the parents, must have been jealous of uwa and probably even has a wayward daughter of uwas age mate.

Well... Whether she says it was jealousy, ritual, or even that she felt uwa was a good soul and she wanted her to quickly appear in paradise, she will still be killed. Because I don't understand how someone who can afford 1m naira to kill a grown up girl will say she did it for money rituals.
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by frog12: 6:58pm On Aug 27, 2020
so this MAMA Anita no fit use her daughters for the RITUAL?

Uwaila612:
What a wicked world! I grew up in that area, my house is jst a few minutes away from where the incident took place.. The woman that gave the killers 1M is popularly called Mama Anita and she has 3 grown up daughters o. Her house is jst a stone throw from the redeemed church. The guy that bought the stolen phone repairs phone in the same area.. The wicked shall never go unpunished.

1 Like

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Uwaila612(f): 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2020
Jst wondering o
frog12:
so this MAMA Anita no fit use her daughters for the RITUAL?

1 Like

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Kokaine(m): 7:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
Uwaila612:
What a wicked world! I grew up in that area, my house is jst a few minutes away from where the incident took place.. The woman that gave the killers 1M is popularly called Mama Anita and she has 3 grown up daughters o. Her house is jst a stone throw from the redeemed church. The guy that bought the stolen phone repairs phone in the same area.. The wicked shall never go unpunished.
just imagine. She has brought permanent shame to her kids even after she is killed. People will fear to marry her children or deal with them. They will curse her for the rest of their lives. What was her reason then

That boy that bought the phone actually should be seen as innocent if he really didn't know.

1 Like

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by AssistantJesus1: 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
WaterTheMonk:
Don't ever buy a used phone without a receipt. Don't buy a phone from people you don't know.

Stay blessed people
no be lie na true talk be that
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by WaterTheMonk(m): 8:54pm On Aug 27, 2020
Alcantara88:
I was victim of this shit in 2013 when I was in 300l, I bought a phone looking new with receipt o from a student whom I don't know but was introduced to me by a barbar whom I told I needed to buy a fairly used phone .I never knew it was a stolen phone ,he stole his hostel roommate newly bought phone with the case which contained bother earpiece and receipt and claimed he just bought it and needed money urgently . I was suspended for a yr and started facing school disciplinary panel until I was able to catch and bring the boy after 1yr before I was called back ,I already missed a yr.
I have learnt my lesson.
I thank God for my life at least l was able to graduated , served and now am working.
The guy was expelled
I am happy for you . Such things happen in life as a guide to our journey in life

2 Likes

Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by blackgold90(m): 9:29pm On Aug 27, 2020
WaterTheMonk:

Stay blessed people

A lawyer can free the phone buyer but the rest don enter sancho
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by blackgold90(m): 9:36pm On Aug 27, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
If they are really the perpetrators of that crime.
Then give them a painful death

Force a hive of bees down their throat....rub their mouth with gasoline to further infuriates the bees
Then seal their mouth and watch how the bees stings from within

A very painful way of killing Moda fuckkkers

Were did you learn this?
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by Uwaila612(f): 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
Yea.. The guy with scar on his face confessed that he sold the phone to the fair guy at the rate of 17k. He will be released if he's found innocent.
Kokaine:
just imagine. She has brought permanent shame to her kids even after she is killed. People will fear to marry her children or deal with them. They will curse her for the rest of their lives. What was her reason then

That boy that bought the phone actually should be seen as innocent if he really didn't know.
Re: Omozuwa: Police Parade Suspected Killers Of UNIBEN Student by saintmm(m): 10:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
God loves every one, but, not everyone will accept His love for them and he won't force anyone for acceptance.
choose to accept His love for you today. it will be the best decision you have ever taken. accept Jesus Christ into your life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Judge Orders 22-week Pregnant Disabled Woman To Have Abortion / Robber raped me with poly bag as condom, teacher tells court / 53-Year-Old Woman Stripped Unclad As Baby Allegedly Disappears In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.