Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. (5087 Views)

Wife Damages Her Lexus ES350 Car, Then Blames Husband (video) / Cooling System Malfunction On 2009 Corrola(us) / Solve Overheating Problems Resulting From The Cooling System Of Your Car. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by Inception(m): 9:21am On Aug 28, 2020
Fhowe:
your car before it was shipped to naija was used in a very cold region , tell your mechanic to remove the thermostat , permanent the fans and also check the polarity of the fan (the temperature gauge will never go beyond that normal position ).

grin grin grin

and you think say you wise? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 28, 2020
Inception:

grin grin grin
and you think say you wise? undecided
He's a mumu man grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by Jagermeister(m): 10:48am On Aug 28, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

we are currently in Asia doing Japanese cars.

When MB peeps post, we respond accordingly .

He didn't quite the memo!

Pardon..

1 Like

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by ikdaddy01(m): 12:58pm On Aug 28, 2020
Fhowe:
your car before it was shipped to naija was used in a very cold region , tell your mechanic to remove the thermostat , permanent the fans and also check the polarity of the fan (the temperature gauge will never go beyond that normal position ).
And so they arrived

4 Likes

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by fineboynl(m): 1:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
ndidibabe:
Please keep this delicate advice to yourself. I will never do this!!!!
stop worrying yourself. your car coolant is working fine. if you haven't experienced any overheating. it's mean the fan is working. there is a set point in which the fan need to comes on. and when it comes on it will only work silently for few seconds. without you knowing.

if the fan is not working. you cannot drive it for 30 mins without seeing fire or smoke from your engine. and if you have driven the car for more than 40mins in hot afternoon with AC off. and you didn't experience overheating it mean the fan is working.
Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by Fhowe: 1:39pm On Aug 28, 2020
ndidibabe:
this was done to my Avalon when it was having similar issue and I used that car for 4 years before I sold it
Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by Fhowe: 1:47pm On Aug 28, 2020
id4sho:

Stop morning glory, you no go hear. Do and take your drug dose
Oga when I say polarity the fan might be blowing in reverse or normally , and engine operating below the normal temperature is at disadvantage so in colder regions the fan is made to blow in reverse to put the engine at normal temperature it does not go out of the engine bay through the radiator.
Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by Fhowe: 1:52pm On Aug 28, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

What is this nonsense?
it is not nonsense check whether the fan is blowing in or out ( this can be done by put a nylon on the radiator to know if the fan is normal or blowing in reverse ) the heat the engine is generating should be blown out of the engine bay through the radiator cause or weather here is warm , if it is left it will make the temperature go up and that's why the gauge goes up Na simple logic bro
Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by Fhowe: 1:55pm On Aug 28, 2020
ndidibabe:
okay oooo, it is very simple logic , know the direction your fan is blowing in or out , for colder regions it should blow in and for warmer regions it should blow out . Retaining the heat in your engine bay for a warm region will make that temperature gauge go up . I have done this with my cars and I have not regretted till date
Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:09pm On Aug 28, 2020
Fhowe:
Oga when I say polarity the fan might be blowing in reverse or normally , and engine operating below the normal temperature is at disadvantage so in colder regions the fan is made to blow in reverse to put the engine at normal temperature it does not go out of the engine bay through the radiator.

Fhowe:
okay oooo, it is very simple logic , know the direction your fan is blowing in or out , for colder regions it should blow in and for warmer regions it should blow out . Retaining the heat in your engine bay for a warm region will make that temperature gauge go up . I have done this with my cars and I have not regretted till date

5 Likes

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by fineboynl(m): 2:09pm On Aug 28, 2020
Fhowe:
stop responding to them. fan working directly will have no or minimum impact on the engine. hundreds and thousands of cars have done that already. the only common impact is the bearings on the fan for working overtime. among that it's all safe to do. all the commercial vehicles in Nigeria are in that part already
Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by ndidibabe(f): 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2020
Fhowe:
Where did you get this logic? The Car's manual?

1 Like

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by Fhowe: 4:21pm On Aug 28, 2020
ndidibabe:
Where did you get this logic? The Car's manual?
I would assume he bought the car as a tokunbo vehicle , if the car was previously used in a place like Nunavut Canada that is a very cold region it is normal for the polarity of the fan to be blowing reverse so the heat is retained in the engine bay to put the engine at normal temperature cause engine working under the required temperature is at a lot of disadvantage ,you won't compare with a car that was previously used at Victoria British Columbia where the temperature is normal the polarity of the fan will be set to blow outwards to reduce the heat in the engine bay .So for a hot country like naija it is advisable to put the polarity to blow outwards and permanent the fans so the heat in the engine bay is reduce totally , my own two cents ,I have tried it and it has worked for me not once not twice

1 Like

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by 9icetoo(m): 4:37pm On Aug 28, 2020
Fhowe:
Sometimes, it's good to keep quiet. My advice and it's free.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by Fhowe: 4:54pm On Aug 28, 2020
9icetoo:

Sometimes, it's good to keep quiet. My advice and it's free.
Oga say what you are sure of ,I am sure of what I am saying cause this method has worked for me before
Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:11pm On Aug 28, 2020
Fhowe:
Oga say what you are sure of ,I am sure of what I am saying cause this method has worked for me before

Maybe, but it's also good to keep quiet.

5 Likes

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:29pm On Aug 28, 2020
Fhowe:

thats BLANT lie
Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by fineboynl(m): 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2020
ZIMDRILL:

thats BLANT lie
it's couldn't be a lie. split AC fan for example is blowing the condenser Reverse. but the window unit is blowing outstanding.
Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:29pm On Aug 28, 2020
fineboynl:
it's couldn't be a lie. split AC fan for example is blowing the condenser Reverse. but who the window unit is blowing outstanding.

Fan on car draws in cold air from outside to pass through radiator fins to cool whatever liquid is in radiator which mainly coolant and air con gas

Whether in cold climates or hot the fan is meant to work in the same direction of spin aka the direction of spin that draws in air from outside

The only different due to temperature is in hot climate a car can quickly reach operating temperature, than a car cold temperature

Yes a fan is designed to have a direction that draws in air but it doesnt mean you find a radiator fan that blows out air from the engine bay to the outside NO

A fan works the same way whether you are in Sahara or Alaska the only different is that in Alaska your fan will rarely kick (run ) due to the fact that outside temperature is also playing part cooling the engine block, whereas in Sahara outside temperature helps in reaching your operating temperature quickly and your fan will be more kicking in more regular especially in slow moving traffic or at idle

6 Likes

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by infolekan(m): 12:11am On Aug 29, 2020
Fhowe:
I would assume he bought the car as a tokunbo vehicle , if the car was previously used in a place like Nunavut Canada that is a very cold region it is normal for the polarity of the fan to be blowing reverse so the heat is retained in the engine bay to put the engine at normal temperature cause engine working under the required temperature is at a lot of disadvantage ,you won't compare with a car that was previously used at Victoria British Columbia where the temperature is normal the polarity of the fan will be set to blow outwards to reduce the heat in the engine bay .So for a hot country like naija it is advisable to put the polarity to blow outwards and permanent the fans so the heat in the engine bay is reduce totally , my own two cents ,I have tried it and it has worked for me not once not twice

If you actually understand the cooling system of a car.....you'd not say this. The engine is meant to operate at a constant temperature irrespective of honor cold region....that's why you have a thermostat....and that's why the coolant doesn't get cooled until a certain temperature and the fan doesn't come on until and certain temperature. And that fan keeps going on and off.
Half the cars with overheating have damaged thermostat that should be replaced but gets yanked out.
And yes...removing the thermostat does damage the engine.....not immediately but overtime. The reason for the range of temperature being maintained at a certain temperature is not just for the engine alone but because the engine oil lubricates best at a certain temperature ...removing your thermostat makes the engine super cool which means less than sterling lubrication which damages the engine. You might not feel the effect that month or year but it surely tells. These stuff are online if you actually want to read them. Yoy should know better than your Kazeem all the time

5 Likes

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by Prevailing: 8:03am On Aug 29, 2020
Fhowe:
it is not nonsense check whether the fan is blowing in or out ( this can be done by put a nylon on the radiator to know if the fan is normal or blowing in reverse ) the heat the engine is generating should be blown out of the engine bay through the radiator cause or weather here is warm , if it is left it will make the temperature go up and that's why the gauge goes up Na simple logic bro

My brother, it's not the engine that heats up the radiator by blowing the heat generated by the engine from the engine compartment out through the radiator, but rather the radiator cool down the engine when cold air is drawn in from the outside by the fan and by that process brings down the radiator coolant temperature.

2 Likes

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by Originalsly: 11:15am On Aug 29, 2020
Fhowe:

I know very little about cars but I'm amazed at how so many can resist learning by choosing to remain loudly ignorant. Let us engage.... first... what is the purpose of the fan? Next.... Canada... as I understand you.... the place is cold.. so the fan blows inward to trap the heat in the engine bay. Correct? Is the fan to the front of the car or at the back of the engine bay? If to the front.... is the fan between the radiator and the grille or between the radiator and the engine?... that is.. if the car has radiator sef. If the grille.... then the fan has to blow through the radiator to keep the air trapped. Fine... strong fan. Now the fan is not an a/c.... so it is drawing in ice cold air to blow into the engine compartment to maintain the heat in the engine compartment. Isn't this what you're saying? .... and it makes perfect sense to you. Let's not even discuss what happens when it is hot. Bro.... stop assaulting us with your ignorance and lack of reasoning. Open the windows of your mind.... poverty is not an excuse for not receiving the free knowledge dished out here by GAZZUZZ and others. If you reject it.... fine... not by force.... just don't pollute it.

5 Likes

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 29, 2020
Originalsly:

I know very little about cars but I'm amazed at how so many can resist learning by choosing to remain loudly ignorant. Let us engage.... first... what is the purpose of the fan? Next.... Canada... as I understand you.... the place is cold.. so the fan blows inward to trap the heat in the engine bay. Correct? Is the fan to the front of the car or at the back of the engine bay? If to the front.... is the fan between the radiator and the grille or between the radiator and the engine?... that is.. if the car has radiator sef. If the grille.... then the fan has to blow through the radiator to keep the air trapped. Fine... strong fan. Now the fan is not an a/c.... so it is drawing in ice cold air to blow into the engine compartment to maintain the heat in the engine compartment. Isn't this what you're saying? .... and it makes perfect sense to you. Let's not even discuss what happens when it is hot. Bro.... stop assaulting us with your ignorance and lack of reasoning. Open the windows of your mind.... poverty is not an excuse for not receiving the free knowledge dished out here by GAZZUZZ and others. If you reject it.... fine... not by force.... just don't pollute it.

Don't mind that ignorant fellow

2 Likes

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by Blacklaurel: 12:05pm On Aug 29, 2020
I refuse to believe the brother up there is serious with what he typed, someone who can read and write in 2020 should not write such fallacies. He just wants to make the thread funny.

1 Like

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by Fhowe: 12:41pm On Aug 29, 2020
Originalsly:

Oga this has nothing to do with poverty and you can make your point without insults , what the op explained has happened to me , I don't care to know what Gazzuzz thinks he his not Toyota so he should stop forming what is not removing thermostat and making the fan permanent for a 2006 vehicle does not affect the engine only that the fan does overtime .
Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by Fhowe: 12:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
infolekan:

If you actually understand the cooling system of a car.....you'd not say this. The engine is meant to operate at a constant temperature irrespective of honor cold region....that's why you have a thermostat....and that's why the coolant doesn't get cooled until a certain temperature and the fan doesn't come on until and certain temperature. And that fan keeps going on and off.
Half the cars with overheating have damaged thermostat that should be replaced but gets yanked out.
And yes...removing the thermostat does damage the engine.....not immediately but overtime. The reason for the range of temperature being maintained at a certain temperature is not just for the engine alone but because the engine oil lubricates best at a certain temperature ...removing your thermostat makes the engine super cool which means less than sterling lubrication which damages the engine. You might not feel the effect that month or year but it surely tells. These stuff are online if you actually want to read them. Yoy should know better than your Kazeem all the time
oga get your facts right . thermostat disconnects the engine from the radiator until it reaches to the sufficient operating temperature. Then afterwards the thermostat adjusts flow of coolant to the radiator.
Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by Originalsly: 12:52pm On Aug 29, 2020
Fhowe:

Oga this has nothing to do with poverty and you can make your point without insults , what the op explained has happened to me , I don't care to know what Gazzuzz thinks he his not Toyota so he should stop forming what is not removing thermostat and making the fan permanent for a 2006 vehicle does not affect the engine only that the fan does overtime .

It has everything to do with poverty..... poverty of the mind. Abeg.... stop proving me right.

3 Likes

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:52pm On Aug 29, 2020
Fhowe:

Do you understand how oil flow works? Do you understand the effect of temperature on oil? Do you understand the concept of ideal mechanical working temperatures?

2 Likes

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by Fhowe: 1:19pm On Aug 29, 2020
Originalsly:

It has everything to do with poverty..... poverty of the mind. Abeg.... stop proving me right.
you said earlier you know little about cars , I believe in practicals . A car was delivered to me at Ondo state and this car was purchased at Cotonou the driver brought the car and gave to me at Akure . When I started driving the car and switched on the ac it was overheating until I took to my Kazeem , the thermostat was removed the fan was put on permanent and they checked whether the fan was blowing outward by putting a nylon on the condenser it was actually sucking it instead of blowing it away . After the fan was made to blow in the right direction my car temperature became normal I used that particular car for 4 years before selling it off ,from my earlier post I was referring to radiator as condenser my mistake though ,most of all this guys on nairaland forming car gurus know nothing I have actually met some in person and I was disappointed with their misleading post and ads they put up here , you think they know it all but they know nothing I won't mention names but please be guided
Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by Fhowe: 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Do you understand how oil flow works? Do you understand the effect of temperature on oil? Do you understand the concept of ideal mechanical working temperatures?

Oga leave story if the op should do this little things I have suggested he will come back here to thank me , I am a badagry boy I have bought many I say many cars for people from Cotonou (that was our hussle back in the days ) so from the op's explanation and from personal experience my suggestion is not bad
Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:46pm On Aug 29, 2020
Fhowe:
Oga leave story if the op should do this little things I have suggested he will come back here to thank me , I am a badagry boy I have bought many I say many cars for people from Cotonou (that was our hussle back in the days ) so from the op's explanation and from personal experience my suggestion is not bad

You're talking rubbish.

1 Like

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by Fhowe: 3:01pm On Aug 29, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

You're talking rubbish.
we know your type

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Piston And Ring For Honda Accord(eod IVTEC) Is Urgenlty Needed / Milemaster 5w 30 Engine Oil Replacement / Calling Out Gazzuzz Respectfully..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.