Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,171 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. (5107 Views)

Wife Damages Her Lexus ES350 Car, Then Blames Husband (video) / Cooling System Malfunction On 2009 Corrola(us) / Solve Overheating Problems Resulting From The Cooling System Of Your Car. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:58pm On Aug 29, 2020
Blacklaurel:
I refuse to believe the brother up there is serious with what he typed, someone who can read and write in 2020 should not write such fallacies. He just wants to make the thread funny.

St this point that's what I am led to believe

1 Like

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:00pm On Aug 29, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

You're talking rubbish.

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by asamwababy: 8:17pm On Aug 29, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

You're talking rubbish.

Not just rubbish but total rubbish.
Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by sultaan(m): 9:13pm On Aug 29, 2020
Fhowe:
you said earlier you know little about cars , I believe in practicals . A car was delivered to me at Ondo state and this car was purchased at Cotonou the driver brought the car and gave to me at Akure . When I started driving the car and switched on the ac it was overheating until I took to my Kazeem , the thermostat was removed the fan was put on permanent and they checked whether the fan was blowing outward by putting a nylon on the condenser it was actually sucking it instead of blowing it away . After the fan was made to blow in the right direction my car temperature became normal I used that particular car for 4 years before selling it off ,from my earlier post I was referring to radiator as condenser my mistake though ,most of all this guys on nairaland forming car gurus know nothing I have actually met some in person and I was disappointed with their misleading post and ads they put up here , you think they know it all but they know nothing I won't mention names but please be guided

I, read a couple of you posts and I am amazed at your beliefs, but if you look at the facts you might see the holes in your beliefs.
Please Google the terms open loop and closed loop in car engines and you might understand the job of the thermostat. The engine ECU is looking for certain data/ condition and thermostat enables the condition.
If I have my cooling fan blowing outwards, how well do you think the fan will work when my car is found 120kmph and blowing against the wind.Try holding a fan out of the window driving on the highway and see who wins.

Because our people tend to drive through Muddy water, the radiator and condenser act like a sieve and filter out the water holding the mud in the cooling fins this reduces the amount of air flowing through the radiator no matter how long the fan runs. If your radiator fins is clean, the amount of air flowing through it is enough to cool the engine, that it why your fan comes on mostly in hot slow traffic, and the newer cars have shutters in the grill for aerodynamics without engine overheating

1 Like

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by Fhowe: 9:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
sultaan:

I, read a couple of you posts and I am amazed at your beliefs, but if you look at the facts you might see the holes in your beliefs.
Please Google the terms open loop and closed loop in car engines and you might understand the job of the thermostat. The engine ECU is looking for certain data/ condition and thermostat enables the condition.
If I have my cooling fan blowing outwards, how well do you think the fan will work when my car is found 120kmph and blowing against the wind.Try holding a fan out of the window driving on the highway and see who wins.

Because our people tend to drive through Muddy water, the radiator and condenser act like a sieve and filter out the water holding the mud in the cooling fins this reduces the amount of air flowing through the radiator no matter how long the fan runs. If your radiator fins is clean, the amount of air flowing through it is enough to cool the engine, that it why your fan comes on mostly in hot slow traffic, and the newer cars have shutters in the grill for aerodynamics without engine overheating
now someone is talking i think the correct way a fan should be blowing is inwards I confirmed that this evening

1 Share

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by infolekan(m): 10:31pm On Aug 29, 2020
Fhowe:
oga get your facts right . thermostat disconnects the engine from the radiator until it reaches to the sufficient operating temperature. Then afterwards the thermostat adjusts flow of coolant to the radiator.

The engine was never with the radiator. The coolant only flows through the radiator to get cooled. The thermostat doesn't allow the coolant to flow through the radiator until it gets to a certain temperature. Just the same way the thermostat in your pressing iron keeps the iron at a certain temperature allowing it to keep going on and off.
I was referring to your stuff about reversing the polarity of the fan in cold region. Thats absolute balderdash and that should have been enough reason not to reply you. A working engine achieves same temperature wether in cold or hot region.....the time to achieve that temperature is probably what will vary. Maybe you should read more about all this.
And yes ....removing your thermostat makes the engine run at a much lower temperature than it should normally run making the engine oil to lubricate it less cos its not at its optimal lubricating temperature making for more engine wear. It eventually tells on the engine ....

3 Likes

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by infolekan(m): 10:41pm On Aug 29, 2020
Fhowe:
now someone is talking i think the correct way a fan should be blowing is inwards I confirmed that this evening

You see why I dont trust people like you...all you had to do was read and you were here spitting nonsense. This is the full part of the article you posted. Read my earlier comments about changing your thermostat if it gets stuck in the off position.

2 Likes

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by Fhowe: 1:19am On Aug 30, 2020
infolekan:

The engine was never with the radiator. The coolant only flows through the radiator to get cooled. The thermostat doesn't allow the coolant to flow through the radiator until it gets to a certain temperature. Just the same way the thermostat in your pressing iron keeps the iron at a certain temperature allowing it to keep going on and off.
I was referring to your stuff about reversing the polarity of the fan in cold region. Thats absolute balderdash and that should have been enough reason not to reply you. A working engine achieves same temperature wether in cold or hot region.....the time to achieve that temperature is probably what will vary. Maybe you should read more about all this.
And yes ....removing your thermostat makes the engine run at a much lower temperature than it should normally run making the engine oil to lubricate it less cos its not at its optimal lubricating temperature making for more engine wear. It eventually tells on the engine ....
I am talking from my own personal experience and the solution that was applied and to be honest I drove that car for 4 years before selling it off . Now I have a question does this thermostat also work when the car is off and parked ? Cause I noticed something in my present car the fan suddenly comes on by itself when the car is off
Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by Lexusgs430: 3:08am On Aug 30, 2020
Fhowe:
I am talking from my own personal experience and the solution that was applied and to be honest I drove that car for 4 years before selling it off . Now I have a question does this thermostat also work when the car is off and parked ? Cause I noticed something in my present car the fan suddenly comes on by itself when the car is off

Do you mean off for a few hours or off immediately after just driving/parking vehicle?....
Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:12am On Aug 30, 2020
Fhowe:
you said earlier you know little about cars , I believe in practicals . A car was delivered to me at Ondo state and this car was purchased at Cotonou the driver brought the car and gave to me at Akure . When I started driving the car and switched on the ac it was overheating until I took to my Kazeem , the thermostat was removed the fan was put on permanent and they checked whether the fan was blowing outward by putting a nylon on the condenser it was actually sucking it instead of blowing it away . After the fan was made to blow in the right direction my car temperature became normal I used that particular car for 4 years before selling it off ,from my earlier post I was referring to radiator as condenser my mistake though ,most of all this guys on nairaland forming car gurus know nothing I have actually met some in person and I was disappointed with their misleading post and ads they put up here , you think they know it all but they know nothing I won't mention names but please be guided

You got more to learn

Normal Fan should suck in Air from outside aka sucking air to the radiator, meaning its sucking cold air to cold hot coolant which is coming from the engine, remember in a normal manufactureer set up the fan which only kick in after the thermostat opens, when the thermostat opens it means its letting out hot coolant from the engine to go to radiator to cool via radiator meaning hot coolant flows from top top bottommof the radiator and yhe fan kick in to help the coolant to cool by blowing cold air from outside, therefore the rotation of the fan should suck in air from outside and this system should work the same whether the car is in Alaskla or Saraha no fan should suck air out of the enginebay to outside

its always sucking air i to the engine bay through radiator to cool the coolant or cool your refrigerent aka AC
Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:20am On Aug 30, 2020
Fhowe:

the thermostat only works when the temperature
reaches the opening state which between 86-90 degrees, this when it opens to allow cool coolant from radiator come in while hot coolant got he radiator to be cooled and to be let in on the next cycle

meaning the same cycle remit itself aslong the thermostat is opening at it opening stage aka between 86-90 degrees

in normal setting the fan will only run after the thermostat open, in theory thermostat open 1st then fan run to cool
Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by Fhowe: 7:10am On Aug 30, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Do you mean off for a few hours or off immediately after just driving/parking vehicle?....

off for a few hours
Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by BamBamK: 12:44pm On Aug 31, 2020
loool.... straight to d point... no unnecessary waste of words...

grin grin grin

HeavenlyBang:

You're talking rubbish.

1 Like

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by melviniyke2002(m): 8:20am On Mar 15, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Let's dissect your post logically and scientifically, bearing in mind the Nigerian factor.

Congratulations. What is vehicles present mileage vs mileage when it was exported ?

This answer will most likely resolve the next quote

Under no circumstances should vehicle temp exceed the half mark, unless there is a defect in the cooling system which I am assuming there is not, and that takes me back to the first quote about mileage.

In Nigeria 9/10 vehicles have had their mileages rolled back (BCD tins) how this is done in most cases is to take out the instrument cluster do some quick reprogramming and presto 500k miles becomes 25k. Sadly the cows that do the actual work are usually sloppy and don't return dials to the factory rest positions which I turn could result in first quote. There are several quick ways to confirm if it is a defect.

1. Crude method . Start the engine (AC off) Open the bonnet and watch the temp go up, the second the fans start working check the needle, if it is over the half mark, then the temp dial is wrongly placed.

2. Technical way. Plug a scan tool and leave it on live scan, start car with a/c off search for coolant temp in scan tool, when the needle goes above half in vehicle , compare data in scan tool, if over 100deg Celcius, then there is a problem, if it's relaxing between 90-98deg Celcius you are fine and again the temp dial is wrongly placed.

How does this all work.

The cooling system of your car has computer that monitors engine temp (among other things) the mechanical thermostat opens up at about 86degrees Celcius and allows hot coolant flow from the engine to the radiator, the fans don't kick in till about 96degrees (low speed) and stay on till the temp drops to 89degrees then the cycle repeats with the coolant in the radiator dropping to temps lower than the engine coolant temp which shuts the mechanical thermostat up waiting for engine temps to heat up an the cycle continues.

Google mechanic

lol not google mechanic but 3 months warranty on toks engine mechanic....

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:24am On Mar 15, 2021
melviniyke2002:
lol not google mechanic but 3 months warranty on toks engine mechanic....

Not any more. 1week repair warranty.

1 Like

Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by 9icetoo(m): 10:21am On Mar 15, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Not any more. 1week repair warranty.
Una see wetin baba40 stupidity don cause? It is well. Me na one month guarantee I need. One month only. I'm not asking for too much.
Re: I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. by melviniyke2002(m): 4:42pm On Mar 15, 2021
9icetoo:

Una see wetin baba40 stupidity don cause? It is well. Me na one month guarantee I need. One month only. I'm not asking for too much.
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Honest Advice About Peugeot 307 / How Are Nl Dealers Going To Deal With Sanusi's Cash Transaction Limit Policy? / My 'service Soon' Indicator Is Still On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.