Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,754 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (627) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1363134 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by adeniyi3971(m): 8:48am On Jul 09, 2021
Good morning guys! Please I’m begging! I need Materials for IELTS General! I want to
Start studying for the
Exam!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Beeolaa02: 8:50am On Jul 09, 2021
Good morning everyone, please what’s AOR and what’s the advantage of adding your partner after SOR? been seeing so many people talking about adding their partners after AOR
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 9:04am On Jul 09, 2021
PUT IT IN PERSONAL HISTORY NO GIVE YOURSELF WORK.

ifewunmy:
Since it does not add to the score, will putting it cause any harm?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 9:25am On Jul 09, 2021
no idea on the NOC...for POF, whatever you put in the account, just make sure it's in line with the requirements.
If you put 17k CAD, it covers both single and coupls so you're good. just make sure your statement shows the minimum requirements plus extra incase of exchange rate fluctuations that might happen between time of submission and updating spouse info.

tholah01:

Please help me o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 9:46am On Jul 09, 2021
Yes it is. just email them requesting for a statement and reference letter. the letter follows ircc format. Statement request however will be given from the date they access the syste. so say you want to get 6month statement from January to july 6th and they open their portal on the 12th, they will print from that 12th and not 6th as requested.

dajayeoba:
Good day my people,

Please is it okay to lock POF in PIGGYVEST account or fintech companies?

Thank you smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 9:51am On Jul 09, 2021
Bakola:
Good morning all,
Please I need information about ordering GCMS notes, is it better to order for the note thorough a Citizen/ PR in Canada or through a 3rd party organisation. Also, which is faster?

use getgcms.com ...all the sites i've seen for ordering gcms state that it takes about 35 to 40 days to receive.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by seunpinky(m): 9:55am On Jul 09, 2021
Hi Guys,

Just landed a few days ago and I realized that I forgot my laptop and hardrive in Nigeria. Pls can you recommend various options of sending the laptop to me from Nigeria to Ontario.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 10:02am On Jul 09, 2021
AOR - acknowledgement of receipt. after you submit your application and it is received, you get aor.

Adding spouse after AOR means your points are not recalculated. In my case, crs was 471, getting married and adding spouse before AOR would have reduced my points drastically as oga was not ready to do IELTS and ECA so we jejely waited to wed later later (other personal factors were considered too).
Note that you can only add spouse post AOR when you get married after receiving AOR.

Beeolaa02:
Good morning everyone, please what’s AOR and what’s the advantage of adding your partner after SOR? been seeing so many people talking about adding their partners after AOR

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 10:07am On Jul 09, 2021
DHL, ARAMEX, Cargo companies, Finding someone who is coming soon...etc

seunpinky:
Hi Guys,

Just landed a few days ago and I realized that I forgot my laptop and hardrive in Nigeria. Pls can you recommend various options of sending the laptop to me from Nigeria to Ontario.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 09, 2021
Same time which is typically a month. Applying through a citizen will cost $5 but those third party sites can collect $25
Bakola:
Good morning all,
Please I need information about ordering GCMS notes, is it better to order for the note thorough a Citizen/ PR in Canada or through a 3rd party organisation. Also, which is faster?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by mastravel: 11:20am On Jul 09, 2021
adeniyi3971:
Good morning guys! Please I’m begging! I need Materials for IELTS General! I want to
Start studying for the
Exam!
we provide comprehensive material for IELTS 0810 6337 690
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by oginnite(m): 12:21pm On Jul 09, 2021
After 4th attempts and Remark on Writing Module....

Finally free from IELTS oooo.

CRS now 476

42 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 12:22pm On Jul 09, 2021
Beeolaa02:

Dimple10:
AOR - acknowledgement of receipt. after you submit your application and it is received, you get aor.

Adding spouse after AOR means your points are not recalculated. In my case, crs was 471, getting married and adding spouse before AOR would have reduced my points drastically as oga was not ready to do IELTS and ECA so we jejely waited to wed later later (other personal factors were considered too).
Note that you can only add spouse post AOR when you get married after receiving AOR.

Please note the important point made in red above......you can't marry before AOR and then add spouse after AOR.....you can only add spouse after AOR if you married after AOR.....at least if you want your CRS to stay the same and not be recalculated.

Read here and the associated IRCC reference:

https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/588#102548277

cc tholah01

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by deebee13(f): 12:23pm On Jul 09, 2021
graceakaba:
Hello house! I am 34 years old lawyer who wish to migrate with my family (family of 5) I have my Master’s evaluated and My total CRS score after my hubby and I wrote Ielts is at 384. IELTS is a problem for me and would want to migrate via other means. I attended a webinar recently about applying through PNP and they claimed that professional such as lawyers, doctors etc are not qualified to apply tru PNP or any other option except express entry since they need to take exams in Canada to be able to get a job. Please professional in the house how true is this? What are my best options??

You should try to Max out your IELTS (both of you actually), your score should be 454, which is more hopeful than 384.
The only other option is french.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Falconx47: 1:44pm On Jul 09, 2021
Keyword: Don't rely on men

abnot:

Cool. Work on your profile within the law and try not solicit assistance if you can. I mentioned to my high school friend that I applied for a PR and if it comes through I’ll land for three weeks to do some networking and return to naija to build on the network. Somehow he felt I was planning to stay in his house for that three weeks and didn’t respond to my message. He shared that thought with someone. And I told that person to remind him that in Johannesburg I lived at a service apartment (sandton Skye ) when his sister visited . In New York I lived at a concierge apartment in Manhattan . In Scotland as a student I lived at a 2-bed apartment when he came to spend a week with me .How does he now think I won’t be able to accommodate myself for three weeks in CA. It’s just funny how some of our people reason once they land in CA but that’s the reality so prepare yourself.
One of the recent migrants who left Nigeria in 2020 told me he won’t be able to attend his sister’s wedding in October due to the security situation in Nigeria. I told him if raising ticket money was a problem he should say so and not make those in Nigeria feel like they are in war front lol (was joking with him but ). Learn the french and do your thing. Don’t rely on men

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2021
adeniyi3971:
Start studying for the
Exam!
i am begging you to google this. There are tons of materials online. undecided

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by oginnite(m): 2:34pm On Jul 09, 2021
Good Day Guys. I just recieved an upgrade on my writing today 9th July. Meanwhile i did the Test on 20th May and got the result on 2nd June before i decided to go for a remark.

Now that there is an Upgrade. I want to Update my CIC portal.

Please what would be the test result date?

2nd June or 9th July? As test result date is not displayed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ajapa123456: 3:00pm On Jul 09, 2021
Hi guys.

I am planning on going for this express entry program, I'm going yo book for ielts and Wes evaluation for my nd and hnd. I have been working while in school and till now, but it's mostly paid in cash, what is the way for me to prove this I don't know how this goes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ojsamuel(m): 3:52pm On Jul 09, 2021
oginnite:
Good Day Guys. I just recieved an upgrade on my writing today 9th July. Meanwhile i did the Test on 20th May and got the result on 2nd June before i decided to go for a remark.

Now that there is an Upgrade. I want to Update my CIC portal.

Please what would be the test result date?

2nd June or 9th July? As test result date is not displayed

[s]2nd June. The initial test result date is what you'd still have on your TRF.[/s]

Update: I have just reliably confirmed that it's actually a new result date you'd have on the TRF. You may request for the hardcopy to be sure of the new date. Please take note @oginnite.

Thank you @canadahome. I had to recheck my new TRF after seeing your comment.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MNTS0(m): 4:54pm On Jul 09, 2021
Hi guys!

Regarding POF, which option do you think is better?

Saving in NGN or USD (dom account)?

I'm asking because I'm currently saving in USD and this is what I noticed when I checked the exchange rate on IRCC website;

POF for a single person = CAD13,213 and following the exchange rate on their website (#329/CAD), its roughly #4,320,000.

But if you're saving in USD, then you'll need to have USD 10,545. If you convert that to NGN, it's a little over #5,000,000.

Maybe actually converting the naira to CAD at that 329 rate when you arrive Canada won't be possible?

Please advise, which one is better?

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Adelove2020: 4:59pm On Jul 09, 2021
oginnite:

CRS now 476

Go and collect your result.
If you can't go, Pay them for delivery. So you can see for yourself.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Oniqer: 6:01pm On Jul 09, 2021
It's much better you save in usd as it will guide against fluctuations. It doesn't matter what currency you are saving in provided it meets the required amount.

MNTS0:
Hi guys!

I'm asking because I'm currently saving in USD and this is what I noticed when I checked the exchange rate on IRCC website;

POF for a single person = CAD13,213 and following the exchange rate on their website (#329/CAD), its roughly #4,320,000.

But if you're saving in USD, then you'll need to have USD 10,545. If you convert that to NGN, it's a little over #5,000,000.

Maybe actually converting the naira to CAD at that 329 rate when you arrive Canada won't be possible?

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by EsoEso: 6:43pm On Jul 09, 2021
oginnite:

CRS now 476
A big congrats to you. It's a major milestone. pls which did you write with? BC or MOD
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by adeniyi3971(m): 7:05pm On Jul 09, 2021
ednut1:
i am begging you to google this. There are tons of materials online. undecided

I can’t find for real
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by adeniyi3971(m): 7:05pm On Jul 09, 2021
oginnite:

CRS now 476

Which materials did you use please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by deedorte: 7:48pm On Jul 09, 2021
duni04:
Hello team,
Please is it advisable to select all the provinces (or more than one province) when filling out your EE profile? I picked only one earlier and I'd now like to be selected for the PNP programs of other provinces.

Sha don't pick Quebec.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by oginnite(m): 8:50pm On Jul 09, 2021
EsoEso:

A big congrats to you. It's a major milestone. pls which did you write with? BC or MOD
MOD
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by kroy(m): 8:59pm On Jul 09, 2021
Can someone recommend a very good IELTS class in Ikeja.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ajapa123456: 9:01pm On Jul 09, 2021
ajapa123456:
Hi guys.

I am planning on going for this express entry program, I'm going to book for ielts and Wes evaluation for my nd and hnd. I have been working while in school and till now, but it's mostly paid in cash, what is the way for me to prove work experience, I don't know how this goes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Igethope: 9:16pm On Jul 09, 2021
adeniyi3971:

I can’t find for real

Use IELTS liz and E2 language (jay ). Check YouTube.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by oyukuwife: 9:31pm On Jul 09, 2021
U can try mod education. The proff is good he is the one tutoring me now.
Venue is Allen close to toyin round about

quote author=kroy post=103543985]Can someone recommend a very good IELTS class in Ikeja.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lahun: 9:33pm On Jul 09, 2021
Hello,
It is impossible to have to amounts. Check the CAD/USD rate in IRCC website as you did for CAD/Naira and you'll find the same amount in Naira. Also it is better to use your USD account as POF due to Naira volatility.

MNTS0:
Hi guys!

Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.