Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (628) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1362764 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by eyesaswide: 10:06pm On Jul 09, 2021
Hello All,

please who has used Etx.ng for their Esut Bsc trancript?

or how can one easily get transcript from Esut?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Proffessorr: 6:56am On Jul 10, 2021
MNTS0:
Hi guys!

Regarding POF, which option do you think is better?.

Please advise, which one is better?

Thanks!

Your concern is quite valid.
When you buy $1 for #503, it’s considered as ~ #410 (on Oanda). Implying that you’d eventually need more funds when you opt to save your POF in $.

However, despite this seeming disadvantage, naira is quite volatile and one is not certain about what the fx rate will be in the nearest future.
For instance, sometime last month, I exchange certain amount at $1=#490/#495 but the same BDC is now selling to me at $1=#503.

If you have the liquidity, saving the POF in $ is better in my opinion, since you’d most likely convert the funds while leaving for Canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 8:26am On Jul 10, 2021
oginnite:
Good Day Guys. I just recieved an upgrade on my writing today 9th July. Meanwhile i did the Test on 20th May and got the result on 2nd June before i decided to go for a remark.

Now that there is an Upgrade. I want to Update my CIC portal.

Please what would be the test result date?

2nd June or 9th July? As test result date is not displayed
You will get a new test result date and that should be 9th July or whatever is on your form

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 8:27am On Jul 10, 2021
tholah01:

My seniors please help me, I don’t know which Noc

Also I want to know if it’s not wrong to put in my application that I am bringing 17000 Cad since am applying as a single applicant and I would add my partner after AOR, kindly advise
17k is well over the required amount so carry on.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by adaoyoyo: 10:45am On Jul 10, 2021
My people, i need help.
I did NIN for my baby since April, uptill date, NIN has not dropped into Immigration portal to enable them print her passport. Has anyone here had a similar experience? How did u go about it, do you have any contact at NIMC office that can assist?

Kindly assist urgently as i need to sort out this passport issue and add her to my application.

Make una help me abeg!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by olamide34(m): 11:49am On Jul 10, 2021
adaoyoyo:
My people, i need help.
I did NIN for my baby since April, uptill date, NIN has not dropped into Immigration portal to enable them print her passport. Has anyone here had a similar experience? How did u go about it, do you have any contact at NIMC office that can assist?

Kindly assist urgently as i need to sort out this passport issue and add her to my application.

Make una help me abeg!

I'm also in the same situation. My
Own problem was that the name on NIN was two instead of 3 names, but on my old passport it's has three names. I have gone to add the name on the NIN. However up till now, the name isn't implemented.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by barby008: 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2021
When did NIN become a requirement for passport o??
I applied and did capturing for my baby 3 weeks ago and I wasn't asked of NIN.
olamide34:

I'm also in the same situation. My
Own problem was that the name on NIN was two instead of 3 names, but on my old passport it's has three names. I have gone to add the name on the NIN. However up till now, the name isn't implemented.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by hazzaman: 12:33pm On Jul 10, 2021
barby008:
When did NIN become a requirement for passport o??
I applied and did capturing for my baby 3 weeks ago and I wasn't asked of NIN.
If you’re getting the passport outside Lagos, I don’t think NIN is a requirement

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by barby008: 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2021
Oh,ok.. thanks
It's outside Lagos
hazzaman:

If you’re getting the passport outside Lagos, I don’t think NIN is a requirement
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by DFreeze: 1:03pm On Jul 10, 2021
Hello, anyone here who received AOR on 31/12/2020 or similar timeframes, any update on your application yet? have not still heard a word from IRCC other than that my medical test was positive. Folks, any suggestions or advise will be highly appreciated. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by angeltolly(f): 1:05pm On Jul 10, 2021
Hello house, I love the support system here, I have been following this thread for a while now but I officially want to start this journey. I have evaluated my MSc certificate with WES, and my ielts result just came out with overall 7.5 LSRW 7.5,7.5,7.5,7. I am confused on either to remark or rewrite the exam. I am also considering the provincial nominee route too. Hubby will also be writing ielts next month, but I need general advice.

Ps: I studied Agric and have 3 years experience as an agronomist.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GeologistMajor: 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2021
angeltolly:
Hello house, I love the support system here, I have been following this thread for a while now but I officially want to start this journey. I have evaluated my MSc certificate with WES, and my ielts result just came out with overall 7.5 LSRW 7.5,7.5,7.5,7. I am confused on either to remark or rewrite the exam. I am also considering the provincial nominee route too. Hubby will also be writing ielts next month, but I need general advice.

Rewriting will be your best option. To maximize your points, you need atleast 8.0 in listening and listening almost never change when remarking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 1:43pm On Jul 10, 2021
MNTS0:
Hi guys!

Regarding POF, which option do you think is better?

Saving in NGN or USD (dom account)?

I'm asking because I'm currently saving in USD and this is what I noticed when I checked the exchange rate on IRCC website;

POF for a single person = CAD13,213 and following the exchange rate on their website (#329/CAD), its roughly #4,320,000.

But if you're saving in USD, then you'll need to have USD 10,545. If you convert that to NGN, it's a little over #5,000,000.

Maybe actually converting the naira to CAD at that 329 rate when you arrive Canada won't be possible?

Please advise, which one is better?

Thanks!
cad to naira in canada black mark/ hand to hand, is 400 to 410, there is no where to exchange cad to naira for 329

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by navigante: 1:52pm On Jul 10, 2021
Please guys i need help.wrote ielts 19th june and LSRW. 8.5 8 9 6. Am not considering remark for writing cos i knew i performed poorly.had so many points in my head but could not link them correctly and again i erased a lot so my answer sheet was a bit messed up. Am fairly good in typing so am considering CBT, but am afraid of listening,just only one sample material on IDP site.please i will appreciate anyone that has written ielts cbt to share a few guide as regards to listening..i dont mind free test link or site either.na abeg i de beg..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ok2016: 1:58pm On Jul 10, 2021
Good day all, is there anyone that wrote Idp or BC exams today that resides in Dubai? Pls if u know of anyone, kindly inform me pls. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Adelove2020: 2:01pm On Jul 10, 2021
navigante:
Please guys i need help.wrote ielts 19th june and LSRW. 8.5 8 9 6. Am not considering remark for writing cos i knew i performed poorly.had so many points in my head but could not link them correctly and again i erased a lot so my answer sheet was a bit messed up. Am fairly good in typing so am considering CBT, but am afraid of listening,just only one sample material on IDP site.please i will appreciate anyone that has written ielts cbt to share a few guide as regards to listening..i dont mind free test link or site either.na abeg i de beg..

Don't say that. I have seen someone that did worse than you and still got 7. Please try to remark. Forget what you think. Request for remark for only writing.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lahun: 2:04pm On Jul 10, 2021
The best way to find out what's going on with your application is to order your notes.

DFreeze:
Hello, anyone here who received AOR on 31/12/2020 or similar timeframes, any update on your application yet? have not still heard a word from IRCC other than that my medical test was positive. Folks, any suggestions or advise will be highly appreciated. God bless.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by adaoyoyo: 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2021
adaoyoyo:
My people, i need help.

Make una help me abeg!

I still dey wait abeg. Am in Lagos, if you have contact, pls help me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by navigante: 2:41pm On Jul 10, 2021
Adelove2020:

Don't say that. I have seen someone that did worse than you and still got 7. Please try to remark. Forget what you think. Request for remark for only writing.
Thanks….will consider this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Jacknn: 3:30pm On Jul 10, 2021
Adelove2020:

Have u tried all the Cambridge materials or lets say Cambridge 10-15/16.. If not please try them out..

and again, with ur message I'm a bit confused if practicing with Cambridge might nor be helpful if you're registering with MOD or es same thing
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Olisa222: 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2021
Please everyone, in listening test I wrote 22 A instead of flat 22A, is there any hope for me. Already missed 4 questions cry cry cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 4:02pm On Jul 10, 2021
Olisa222:
Please everyone, in listening test I wrote 22 A instead of flat 22A, is there any hope for me. Already missed 4 questions cry cry cry
buy juice drink, all this one no necessary. How do you know you missed 4 questions and not 10

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Olisa222: 4:22pm On Jul 10, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy this just made me laugh. It's just sad sha, this is the 3rd time and it's always listening.
ednut1:
buy juice drink, all this one no necessary. How do you know you missed 4 questions and not 10

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by aduku1(m): 4:42pm On Jul 10, 2021
angeltolly:

Message me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by aduku1(m): 4:43pm On Jul 10, 2021
Olisa222:
cheesy cheesy cheesy this just made me laugh. It's just sad sha, this is the 3rd time and it's always listening.

Message me now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by icehot: 5:06pm On Jul 10, 2021
Olisa222:

How do you know the correct answer is Flat 22A and not 22A? grin What if the answer is actually 22A? smiley

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by tannystacey: 5:37pm On Jul 10, 2021
navigante:

I wrote the paper exam once and CBT exam 2ce b4 i reached my desired score. I prefer CBT cos i type fast and i had practiced CBT a lot on E2 language, even did a mock exam with them cos their website has an exact replica of the Ielts cbt software.

For listening, make sure you practise listening to a lot of things using an headphone. Podcasts, tedx talks etc. Especially about all those weird ielts topics. Dat way u learn to sharpen your listening and also get ideas for speaking and writing on those abstract topics.

The Cambridge textbooks for ielts have audio for practise exams. Make sure u concentrate and practice listening without distraction, especially the maps. I got 8.5 in listening with my last CBT.
For writing, practice typing on notepad as it does not correct your errors like Microsoft word. Then make sure u read thru and correct your errors all within 1 hr. (use wordcounter. Net to count your words while practicing). Timing is essential. The text editor for the cbt will not show you wrong spellings, but it will show you word count, so thats a bit fair.
And lastly, be sure the exam center has good facilities o. Cos if u have a keyboard that is stiff, it will affect your speed.
Overall, i prefer the CBT much more than d paper based.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Emmandu(f): 5:45pm On Jul 10, 2021
ednut1:
pick all. The interested provinces cant see who picked them only or picked all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Derek83: 5:46pm On Jul 10, 2021
Please call me on this number 08169342397
adeniyi3971:
Good morning guys! Please I’m begging! I need Materials for IELTS General! I want to
Start studying for the
Exam!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by shadama: 6:04pm On Jul 10, 2021
ibk5891:
Please can I use my expired Intl Passport to register for IELTS and WES?
I was told it will take 6-8 weeks for me to renew my passport.
I just want to know if intl passport compulsory when trying to register for IELTS & WES.

You might be able to use another government-issued ID to write it. Not sure. There was a conversation about this some pages back in this thread. Or contact the IELTS bodies to confirm.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Olisa222: 6:09pm On Jul 10, 2021
Haha its flat jor. Instruction was One word or/number but ahead ahead jare. I cant kill myself sad
icehot:

How do you know the correct answer is Flat 22A and not 22A? grin What if the answer is actually 22A? smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Andyosifo(m): 6:23pm On Jul 10, 2021
Mine was in November. The last time I got update was in January. About two months ago, I got a generic message telling me covid has affected processing of the applications. The waiting is something else

DFreeze:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.