Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (705) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1364018 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bryand: 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2021
Felixnyle:
I know someone who just sent his electronically. If you are interested in knowing the steps kindly send me a PM.
I just messaged you, I'm interested too
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bryand: 2:40pm On Sep 26, 2021
Jwgirl:
To join whatsapp group for Alberta Express entry pnp 2021, send me a message.

I just messaged you, I'm interested
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by RetiredAdult: 4:32pm On Sep 26, 2021
Has anyone even gotten ITA recently?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phillip2(m): 8:42pm On Sep 26, 2021
I'm about using NYSc experience for FSW.

I've read in some comments that we shouldn't write on the reference letter that its NYSC experience, others however are of the opinion that its okay to say that you're been paid by the scheme instead of your direct employer.

I taught in a government sec skul.

How best can I approach this??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by mohrayo: 8:58pm On Sep 26, 2021
Lotusgoddess:

Is it for folks that have already gotten it or those that want to get it? Cos I know they’re issuing NOI to people already in Canada

I would like to know please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by mohrayo: 9:00pm On Sep 26, 2021
Jwgirl:

Am interested but i havent bern nominated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Harbbiee: 9:58pm On Sep 26, 2021
Jwgirl:

please I’m also interested
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Falconx47: 11:56pm On Sep 26, 2021
phillip2:
I'm about using NYSc experience for FSW.

I've read in some comments that we shouldn't write on the reference letter that its NYSC experience, others however are of the opinion that its okay to say that you're been paid by the scheme instead of your direct employer.

I taught in a government sec skul.

How best can I approach this??

Get a reference letter directly from the school where you taught, on the official letterhead, stating all the information that IRCC stipulated and signed by the school authority. That's all you'll need. No one needs to know who paid you, you were a teacher at the school for one year, period.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Falconx47: 1:05am On Sep 27, 2021

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by RahmatJ(f): 3:47am On Sep 27, 2021
Please i am also interested. Just sent you a pm.
Felixnyle:
I know someone who just sent his electronically. If you are interested in knowing the steps kindly send me a PM.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Rbae: 8:04am On Sep 27, 2021
Good morning Canadians and future Canadians.

Please, i need someone to help me with SOP format. I want to use the format in writing my brother's SOP. I know a Dr in Canada who is ready to proofread and correct it for free but we must write it ourselves.

Please, help a sis. The last one he paid someone to write for him was a disaster. He didn't tell me about it. I saw the SOP and wept.

The person wrote a composition as SOP and collected thousands of naira. Please, make money no enter bush again abeg epp me. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by mnconcept(m): 9:34am On Sep 27, 2021
I did my submission at the canadian embassy since last year Feb. 2020 and till now I am yet to get my passport returned to me to even know if I am given the visa or not....I paid 12300 for currier since dec 2020, and yet to have the passport returned..till now....I hear another news from my agent that I had to pay another currier charges again now to be able to have my passport returned to me that I have to forgo the last payment....

PLEASE ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO....ANYONE HAVING SAME EXPERIENCE AND HOW DO I GO ABOUT RESOLVING IT.....THANK YOU
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phillip2(m): 11:34am On Sep 27, 2021
Falconx47:

Get a reference letter directly from the school where you taught, on the official letterhead, stating all the information that IRCC stipulated and signed by the school authority. That's all you'll need. No one needs to know who paid you, you were a teacher at the school for one year, period.

Then how should I word the payment, incase a bank statement is being requested for, and again,the school dosent have email,no website, please somebody should just give a very good and comprehensive detail on how to word my letter and things I'll need.. Thanks In advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phillip2(m): 3:43pm On Sep 27, 2021
mastravel:
Read page one of this thread. There's a detailed sample there.

Okay thanks I think I've understood the process and what I want to do.. But lastly,

I want to include my bank statement for NYSC and also my current 6months bank statement also.
For NYSC,we received first salary in camp and not directly into our bank accounts.

If I want to say this in my reference letter how best can I word this.. Because I've come to a conclusion to say in reference letter that I was paid by the government (nysc) for working in so and so organization for a year with annual salary bla bla bla...

It is okay to include in d reference letter that its nysc and include bank statement or keep mute on nysc, noting that if I'm to keep mute on nysc then the bank statement would be nullified because of the 11months inflow..

Pls I need urgent and good advice,make I nor go fumble oo..who ask Naem nor de lost,so FAM pls come to my rescue once more,I nor get money for agent.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phillip2(m): 3:47pm On Sep 27, 2021
Because I've read here when some persons suggested to keep mute on nysc on ur reference letter from the school others said it doesn't matter provided its been backed up with bank statement..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 4:48pm On Sep 27, 2021
phillip2:
Because I've read here when some persons suggested to keep mute on nysc on ur reference letter from the school others said it doesn't matter provided its been backed up with bank statement..
this is IRCC different officers handle different files differently . It’s subject to their own interpretation. Do what you feel is ok. Some have accepted the nysc. Some did not

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 5:00pm On Sep 27, 2021
Stop trying to confuse yourself and complicate things. Get your reference in the correct format as stated by IRCC ( whether you mention NYSC or not is irrelevant). No need to include bank statements unless they request for more proof of employment. Let the school state how much you were paid on the letter and your duties. I didn't include bank statements for salary only reference letters and my eligibility is passed based on gcms notes. Few others can state the same.

If they ever ask for proof of salary, you write a letter of explanation along with your statement explaining everything including the whole first pay in Camp thing. VO's should be familiar with NYSC by now because of Nigerians that have used it in the past.

phillip2:

Pls I need urgent and good advice,make I nor go fumble oo..who ask Naem nor de lost,so FAM pls come to my rescue once more,I nor get money for agent.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Falconx47: 7:08pm On Sep 27, 2021
phillip2:

Okay thanks I think I've understood the process and what I want to do.. But lastly,

I want to include my bank statement for NYSC and also my current 6months bank statement also.
For NYSC,we received first salary in camp and not directly into our bank accounts.

If I want to say this in my reference letter how best can I word this.. Because I've come to a conclusion to say in reference letter that I was paid by the government (nysc) for working in so and so organization for a year with annual salary bla bla bla...

It is okay to include in d reference letter that its nysc and include bank statement or keep mute on nysc, noting that if I'm to keep mute on nysc then the bank statement would be nullified because of the 11months inflow..

Pls I need urgent and good advice, make I nor go fumble oo..who ask Naem nor de lost,so FAM pls come to my rescue once more,I nor get money for agent.

You don't want to fumble, but you're just confusing yourself the more. smiley

Read on IRCC website what they require for you to prove your work experience and let that guide you first and foremost, a reference letter is all you'll normally need, every other thing you choose to add to it is purely based on your discretion, and wisdom is never to add any extra information or document to your application that will not be explicitly helpful.

Further proofs such as statement of account or payslips are only requested if the officer has some doubt around your work experience, although the Accra office made this a routine at some point, requesting it from everyone who's file lands there, so people thought, why not just include it upfront, I don't know about now.

To give you a context on why there is controversy around NYSC experience...
The same Accra visa office has in the past posited that based on their local knowledge of Nigeria, that NYSC is an intern level employment and don't believe a corper performs the duties listen for a profession, say a doctor, a pharmacist or an Engineer for example. I am thinking this should not apply to teaching, but that's just my opinion. But this why most people choose not to mention NYSC at all.

On wording your letter, someone I know worded hers thus: "...that she taught computer science to the students under the national service scheme" fullstop, no too much story, then stated her job duties and other relevant information with the letter format found on the first page of this thread, this way she could add her bank statement and that sailed through.

So, I will strictly admonish you not to confuse an officer who doesn't even know what NYSC means with too much story or by all this "I was paid by the government", no one cares who paid you. Why not get a good reference letter stating only the information required by IRCC without an unnecessary additions, and only be ready to supply bank statement if they request for it.

The 11 months thing is a reason why you don't have to add that bank statement unless it's requested. You should also know that unnecessary letters of explanation are more of problems than solutions and mentioning that you were paid by hand makes you a suspect, from other people's experience.

A friend also had the issue of the school where he served not having a website or email, so we simply added the location of the school on google map, took pictures of the school buildings, signpost, badge, main gate and compound with the students in them and added them there so that they can at least be found upon a google search. The reference letter also contained the principal's phone number. His eligibility was passed long ago but for the current stalemate in the process.

Gather all the above and decide what's best for your situation, but the moment you start explaining too much, or sounding incoherent in your application, you are already giving room for doubts, and one last question, do your have other experiences besides you NYSC?

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by gift53(f): 10:08pm On Sep 27, 2021
Please I need guide on getting affidavit to declare I'm no longer interested in accompanying my ex husband to Canada. He needs them to remove me from his application and just got his PPR but I need to sign an affidavit, according to him.

Will appreciate any help with what the content should be.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Babygirlll(f): 11:15pm On Sep 27, 2021
I'm interested. How about you post the WhatsApp link, then people can join easily? I got my NOI last week and would like to be part of the group.

Jwgirl:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by 55emem55: 11:29pm On Sep 27, 2021
Wow!!! Great to know the ministry is still kicking!! It’s been so many months since I last came here. Got ITA in Dec 2020 after waiting for so long. I wrote IELTS 5 times. See, it has not been easy.

9 months later, well we are still waiting.

I remember the day I got ITA, I cried so much. It was an unexpected Christmas gift. I was so happy. My family was even more happier than I was.

Nairaland was my Bible. Joined in Part 4! Here we are today. POST AOR still feels like a dream.

Well, wherever you feel stuck, just know it won’t last forever. The waiting game can be frustrating, but remember this, GOD DOES NOT ABANDON UNFINISHED PROJECTS.

Hold on, don’t lose hope!
As we say here, it will surely end in praise.

31 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by nymphomaniac(m): 4:23am On Sep 28, 2021
gift53:
Please I need guide on getting affidavit to declare I'm no longer interested in accompanying my ex husband to Canada. He needs them to remove me from his application and just got his PPR but I need to sign an affidavit, according to him.

Will appreciate any help with what the content should be.

Thanks.
the beginning Is pretty much like any other affidavit. You declare your name, sex, religion and address and asseverate as follows:
You are the deponent whose passport appears
You were married to........
You are now divorced by virtue of.......
You declare that you are not following him as a co applicant for his EE
You are deposing for official and record purposes
Normal closing style for depositions.

If you still don’t get it, chat me up via my signature. I could help further.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Rbae: 6:42am On Sep 28, 2021
mastravel:
Go read on the Canadian study visa thread. You should find enough help there. Type "SOP" in the search box

Thank you. I will do that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by overlord77: 9:26am On Sep 28, 2021
Rbae:
Good morning Canadians and future Canadians.

Please, i need someone to help me with SOP format. I want to use the format in writing my brother's SOP. I know a Dr in Canada who is ready to proofread and correct it for free but we must write it ourselves.

Please, help a sis. The last one he paid someone to write for him was a disaster. He didn't tell me about it. I saw the SOP and wept.

The person wrote a composition as SOP and collected thousands of naira. Please, make money no enter bush again abeg epp me. Thanks.

How about you try writing it yourself? It's for your immigration and future init?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phillip2(m): 9:28am On Sep 28, 2021
Gather all the above and decide what's best for your situation, but the moment you start explaining too much, or sounding incoherent in your application, you are already giving room for doubts, and one last question, do your have other experiences besides you NYSC?
[/quote]

Yes,I have 2 years and 9months experience Apart from the nysc,I believe by next year January thats when it will complete 3yrs but I can't wait for that. I feel there'll be a draw before the year runs out..

I hope I can remove the nysc experience without consequences when my 3 yrs of working experience is complete in January, and there's no draw.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 10:26am On Sep 28, 2021
Falconx47:

You don't want to fumble, but you're just confusing yourself the more. smiley

Well said. you captured my thoughts better than i could have
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 10:32am On Sep 28, 2021
phillip2:

I hope I can remove the nysc experience without consequences when my 3 yrs of working experience is complete in January, and there's no draw.

Yes you can successfully remove/change work experience information as long as you have not submitted an application to IRCC.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 10:34am On Sep 28, 2021
Almost 1year since receiving ITA and 10months post AOR, this journey teaches patience.

Hoping for the best.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phillip2(m): 10:50am On Sep 28, 2021
Dimple10:

Well said. you captured my thoughts better than i could have

Uhmm,sometimes erm, there's virtue in being silent. If I'm confused can't I ask or maybe I'm slow to grab things. What's all dis for.. If I go ahead and do things the wrong way,pple like u will be d first to say why dint u ask. Some pple can grab things easily others cant,.

(1) (2) (3) ... (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.