Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (720) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1363548 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Denerystormborn: 9:23pm On Oct 19, 2021
Congrats...at least there is hope...they have started looking at the applications
joselekas:

Yes, I'm PNP. It has changed to Passed. Thank you.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by paragon4b: 10:25pm On Oct 19, 2021
[b][/b] Weldone Great People, Please I want your answer to this my yearning.

My spouse and I did Canadian Biometrics since last year November in Lagos, but to my amazement nothing has been heard since then.

Please can someone help me with any necessary info or am I the only one experiencing this ?

Please help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by nexxy001: 8:08am On Oct 20, 2021
Hello house
Please i need information on how I can pay for my wes fee using my gt card.
I keep getting error message that I should fill in the details of my card correctly. Gt bank also sending me a mail of declined transaction due to insufficient fund, says, N90,841 is the equivalent of 230cad but I have more than that in my acc.
How safe is paying via the western union option on WES website?
Help please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by jmanity: 8:41am On Oct 20, 2021
Guys, which virtual dollar card has the best Naira-dollar funding rate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:29am On Oct 20, 2021
nexxy001:
Hello house
Please i need information on how I can pay for my wes fee using my gt card.
I keep getting error message that I should fill in the details of my card correctly. Gt bank also sending me a mail of declined transaction due to insufficient fund, says, N90,841 is the equivalent of 230cad but I have more than that in my acc.
How safe is paying via the western union option on WES website?
Help please
230cad is above your monthly $100 limit.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 12:02pm On Oct 20, 2021
Rejection story and judicial case. NOC related. PNP scaled through, IRCC didn't. Sad. Cross the "t"s and dot the "i"s for PNP but also do same for IRCC also.

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/512600/index.do?q=Ugboh+raymond

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by asids55: 1:57pm On Oct 20, 2021
Please house I need a good format for letter of interest to reside in Ontario without strong ties..thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Hesterify: 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2021
Thank you. I don't have another except that BCS.
Please do you have any idea how CES charges or any other evaluating body.
GraciousWords:

Sorry about the ECA wahala.

Doesn't seem like some Benin Republic Unis are Internationally recognised. See links below, some people have had similar issues with CES and IQAS.

Maybe explore:

1) check if your school is accredited by the Benin Republic Ministry of Education

2) sending your Benin docs to other ECA bodies: ICAS, ICES etc and see what happens. Expensive option

3) do you have another Bachelor's from a different country e.g. Nigeria?

Read here:

https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/646#104178246

https://www.nairaland.com/3033375/having-issues-wes/38#86112178

https://www.nairaland.com/6372234/6-reasons-why-decided-study#98253502

https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/504#100361203

https://www.nairaland.com/5652916/wes-payment-issue#98728761

https://www.nairaland.com/5652916/wes-payment-issue#97828887

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by asids55: 2:40pm On Oct 20, 2021
GraciousWords:
Rejection story and judicial case. NOC related. PNP scaled through, IRCC didn't. Sad. Cross the "t"s and dot the "i"s for PNP but also do same for IRCC also.

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/512600/index.do?q=Ugboh+raymond

Hello and good day,please do you have a format for letter of interest to reside in Ontario?please I will appreciate if you can help out or you can tell me who can..I don’t mind paying thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 3:07pm On Oct 20, 2021
Hesterify:
Thank you. I don't have another except that BCS.
Please do you have any idea how CES charges or any other evaluating body.

This person claimed CES didn't recognise their school in Benin Republic: https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/504#100361203

The list of all ECA organisations is on page 1, you'll need to check their websites for more details. Maybe check ICES and ICAS, you can even email them to ask first if they recognise your Uni.

What was your BCS evaluated as? Are you willing and able to do TEF....... since you lived in a francophone country? Play around with the CRS calculator and see if TEF can make up for the unrecognised Bachelor's.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 3:08pm On Oct 20, 2021
asids55:

Hello and good day,please do you have a format for letter of interest to reside in Ontario?please I will appreciate if you can help out or you can tell me who can..I don’t mind paying thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/709#106554971

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Macjazzy: 3:13pm On Oct 20, 2021
Hello, please I have a masters degree from Unilag and want it evaluated for WES. I have sent my transcript but I have issues getting my certificate as I am not residing in Nigeria presently. Can statement of results or letter of attestation be sent to WES for evaluation in place of certificate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by BenedictStinson(m): 3:48pm On Oct 20, 2021
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lahun: 5:06pm On Oct 20, 2021
Hello
I think you just have to be honest with yourself and identify the ties; it can be family, school network, Naija community in Ontario.... I explained my ties in 5 bullet points or so and got approved, yet I didn't have any family member in Canada.
Good luck.

asids55:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by cc150615(f): 7:29pm On Oct 20, 2021
GraciousWords:

Took my time to read through and I agree the guy had too many lapses. The lawyer that advised him to sue sef no like am.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Oluwapomile1: 8:50pm On Oct 20, 2021
Macjazzy:
Hello, please I have a masters degree from Unilag and want it evaluated for WES. I have sent my transcript but I have issues getting my certificate as I am not residing in Nigeria presently. Can statement of results or letter of attestation be sent to WES for evaluation in place of certificate?

Yes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Oluwapomile1: 8:50pm On Oct 20, 2021
GraciousWords:

Changes pre ITA shocked

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by shutupareyouGOD: 9:41pm On Oct 20, 2021
Please is it true Canada has stopped giving pr …I just finished writing Bcs and waiting to finish my masters and was told they are no longer giving pr and pol have been waiting since last yr and will keep waiting…..and I should quickly consider Uk study visa…it’s all hearsay that’s why I’m asking to confirm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 10:28pm On Oct 20, 2021
Oluwapomile1:

Changes pre ITA shocked

I don't think he was rejected because he made changes to his profile pre-ITA.

Looks like he was rejected because he didn't add work history details for his primary NOC 1114 e.g. Jan 2000 to Dec 2017 Bookeeper at Leventis Ltd in the details section...... even though he had indicated 1114 as his primary NOC.

Perhaps he forgot or didn't even realise the omission or thought it didn't matter.

The lesson for us is to ensure our profiles are accurate....we need to pay attention to detail. Having someone else look at what you have completed is never a bad idea.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by asids55: 11:10pm On Oct 20, 2021
charlesnsey:
Sending the DM right away

Hello bro..pls am also in the same dilemma,I got the letter of interest from Ontario too..u can chat me up on WhatsApp so we can relate..my number is amongst my previous post
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by asids55: 11:10pm On Oct 20, 2021
Lahun:
Hello
I think you just have to be honest with yourself and identify the ties; it can be family, school network, Naija community in Ontario.... I explained my ties in 5 bullet points or so and got approved, yet I didn't have any family member in Canada.
Good luck.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by tunlapapa: 8:50am On Oct 21, 2021
For those that may respond to people here looking for travel mates.

If you travel by air a lot, beware of over friendly chatty seat neighbours

The older lady comes and sits next to me inside the plane. She asked me to help her put her bag in the overhead luggage compartment. But a gentleman sitting across quickly came through. (I am not very tall and the overhead luggage compartment is something I try to avoid at all costs.

Immediately she sits down she strikes up a conversation. She was very pleasant and well spoken. So we chatted all through the flight to Dubai.
Suddenly, when the pilot announced that we were now proceeding to begin our descent into DXB, my good friend 'developed' stomach pains. Me with my good heart, I pressed the stewards button, and the stewardess came to find out what the problem was. I told her my seat mate was not feeling well. And this lady, she suddenly began to address me as 'my daughter'.

The stewardess told me that there was nothing they could do except give her some painkillers and wait until we landed. The pilot announced that we had a medical emergency on board and advised us all to stay calm. My new friend was crying and sweating like crazy. And she refused to let go of my hand... everyone assumed we knew each other.

So we landed at DXB and the same gentleman who helped put up her luggage in the overhead compartment removed her luggage. But as he removed the luggage, he advised me to distance myself from this lady and make it clear to the cabin crew that we were NOT travelling together. He was a godsend!

So indeed, the cabin crew came and asked me if we were related, I categorically told them we had met on the plane. I didn't know her at all. So we began to deplane and as I said goodbye she kept begging me to carry her handbag. I was so torn... but the gentleman looked me in the eye and emphatically shook his head. He passed me a note telling me to let the cabin crew handle her.

So I exit the aircraft and leave my 'new friend' to wait for the wheelchair and be handled by the cabin crew feeling very guilty.

As we waited for our luggage to come through, I hear this commotion. My 'new friend' was running, trying to escape the cabin crew, having gotten out of the wheelchair! She left the stewardess with her handbag and just ran towards the exit with the rest of her hand luggage! Luckily the airport police were faster than her. They got hold of her and brought her back in handcuffs.

This lady starts calling out to me.. my daughter... my daughter!.. how could you do this to me..... that's when I caught on. She was carrying drugs and she was trying to implicate me!

Luckily for me, the gentleman who had helped her with her luggage came forward and told the airport police that me and her had just met on the plane. The police took my passport and asked her to reveal my full names if it was true we were travelling together. By God's grace, I had not even told her my first name! I was still asked to follow the police to a little room where I was questioned extensively. Where did I meet her?... where did I board... where did she board. Etc... And my luggage was extensively searched and dusted for fingerprints.

They dusted all her luggage and my fingerprints were not found anywhere on her luggage or on her handbag!
I was let go with advice never ever to touch anyone's luggage either in flight or at the airport. So from that day, I don't care how much luggage you have, you will deal with it yourself. I will not even offer you a trolley to put your luggage on! Your luggage... your problem.... is my policy. And if you can't reach the overhead compartment, and I am the nearest person, please call the cabin crew because all I will do is give you a blank stare and then look away!

A lesson to glean therein for intending air travelers.

#Copied

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Oluwapomile1: 9:14am On Oct 21, 2021
GraciousWords:

I don't think he was rejected because he made changes to his profile pre-ITA.

Lools like he was rejected because he didn't add work history details for 1114 e.g. Jan 2000 to Dec 2017 Bookeeper at Leventis Ltd...... even though he had changed his primary NOC to 1114.

Perhaps he forgot or didn't even realise the omission or thought it didn't matter.

The lesson for us is to ensure profiles are accurate and we pay attention to detail. Having someone else look at what you have completed is never a bad idea.

Ok. Thanks for the insight
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Adebayo82: 9:59am On Oct 21, 2021
Please I need advice, I don't know if possible for me to create my express entry application and enter the pool before my 5 year ban will elapsed next year February middle.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by yeldey: 10:35am On Oct 21, 2021
Adebayo82:
Please I need advice, I don't know if possible for me to create my express entry application and enter the pool before my 5 year ban will elapsed next year February middle.

What led to the ban?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Adebayo82: 10:57am On Oct 21, 2021
Mispresentation was due to mistaken to tick yes instead of no when i got to the page whether I refused a visa to any country. Meanwhile I was refused a visa to USA twice. I requested for Gcms then to see the full details.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by yeldey: 11:10am On Oct 21, 2021
Adebayo82:
Mispresentation was due to mistaken to tick yes instead of no when i got to the page whether I refused a visa to any country. Meanwhile I was refused a visa to USA twice. I requested for Gcms then to see the full details.

Ohh sorry about that, most of these 1st world countries do share infomation among themselves.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by overlord77: 11:12am On Oct 21, 2021
tunlapapa:
For those that may respond to people here looking for travel mates.

Yea, for your safety especially during international travels, never accept or help anyone with anything. Focus on your trip and and your destination. There are a lot of evil travellers out there looking for who to implicate.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by snowlordng(m): 12:19pm On Oct 21, 2021
Please is there anyone with IELTS course ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by anayolity: 12:53pm On Oct 21, 2021
Jimisola14:

I paid for myself and my wife on Tuesday through flutter wave dollar card. The exchange rate was 579.
It cost about N108,000.

108k For a single person or both of you?? undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Hesterify: 1:54pm On Oct 21, 2021
The BCS was evaluated as college level certificate. I actually plan to do TEF to add to my score because of my age..
GraciousWords:

This person claimed CES didn't recognise their school in Benin Republic: https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/504#100361203

The list of all ECA organisations is on page 1, you'll need to check their websites for more details. Maybe check ICES and ICAS, you can even email them to ask first if they recognise your Uni.

What was your BCS evaluated as? Are you willing and able to do TEF....... since you lived in a francophone country? Play around with the CRS calculator and see if TEF can make up for the unrecognised Bachelor's.

All the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.