Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,166 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1361733 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Davidganna10: 4:26pm On Sep 26, 2020
meetme01:

Appreciate.
you are welcome
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Tocyn94(f): 4:44pm On Sep 26, 2020
SaskatoonMom:
Hello Seniors in the house,

Please does anyone have information on how the Unilag verification for WES works?

It's been over 9 weeks since WES sent verification emails to Unilag for them to verify my Masters degree.

Send your name and matric no as subject heading and send an email to records@unilag.edu.ng to notify that your transcript has been sent to record office to verify & you will appreciate if it's given urgent attention.

That's what I did and unilag has verified.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by SaskatoonMom: 4:48pm On Sep 26, 2020
Thank you for this.

Tocyn94:

Send your name and matric no as subject heading and send an email to records@unilag.edu.ng to notify that your transcript has been sent to record office to verify & you will appreciate if it's given urgent attention.

That's what I did and unilag has verified.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Richdee1(m): 5:25pm On Sep 26, 2020
meetme01:

Pls, apologies for my inquisitiveness. How will TEF increase the score and to what length (extent) . The guy is on 460. If he takes TEF, what's the likely highest score he can attain?Thanks

From ma findings, toy can research more
TEF is another language. Depending on how well you do. For each of the four skills (reading/writing/speaking/listening) you can get up to 6 points per area capped at 24 points
if you have a decent score in IELTS and above level 8 in all four areas of TEF, you can get an additional 30 points 
If you Max out, you'll have 54 points as a single and 52 points with spouse

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Richdee1(m): 5:29pm On Sep 26, 2020
Prettiepearlz:

Yeah, TEF is a language exam not a degree.

Was just suggesting for him tho" since it can add additional points for him. He already has masters, which is the highest

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Margy: 5:34pm On Sep 26, 2020
Richdee1:

From ma findings, toy can research more
TEF is another language. Depending on how well you do. For each of the four skills (reading/writing/speaking/listening) you can get up to 6 points per area capped at 24 points
if you have a decent score in IELTS and above level 8 in all four areas of TEF, you can get an additional 30 points 
If you Max out, you'll have 54 points as a single and 52 points with spouse

Whats with TEF and TCF .... I have been trying to understand difference between the both .... And which is better..aaahhh
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Richdee1(m): 5:40pm On Sep 26, 2020
Margy:

Whats with TEF and TCF .... I have been trying to understand difference between the both .... And which is better..aaahhh

BOTH TCF and TEF is a test of general French, recognized by IRCC for Immigration Purpose
You can read up on Google for more information

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 26, 2020
Richdee1:

Was just suggesting for him tho" since it can add additional points for him. He already has masters, which is the highest
Masters highest?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 26, 2020
Margy:

Same thing as Celpip and Ielts.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Betterlife2018: 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2020
rayval:
Is there any WES verifiable pg certification course that I can do within 3 months.

You can do ACCA F1-F3- though this is professional exam.
Use the search button to get more information. Read Page 1 for more infor.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Richdee1(m): 6:08pm On Sep 26, 2020
listowell:

Masters highest?

is it not the highest Educational credentials for Assessment? Tot if u have it, there's no need verifying BSC along side? Correct me please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 26, 2020
listowell:

Masters highest?
Wetin Jubril no go see for aso rock grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 26, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Wetin Jubril no go see for aso rock grin
grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 26, 2020
Richdee1:

is it not the highest Educational credentials for Assessment? Tot if u have it, there's no need verifying BSC along side? Correct me please
This is immigration chat. When you want to advise someone specifically, pls do...in general, do so too. For example, if you continue to call ECA report WES, people will start calling it so, forgetting we have other assessing bodies.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by saskatoonguy: 6:45pm On Sep 26, 2020
Richdee1:

What about PhD if Masters is the Highest?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Richdee1(m): 6:51pm On Sep 26, 2020
listowell:

This is immigration chat. When you want to advise someone specifically, pls do...in general, do so too. For example, if you continue to call ECA report WES, people will start calling it so, forgetting we have other assessing bodies.

Sorry for the Mistake.
I know PHD is higher than that Master's. Buh most people here talked more on evaluating Masters as their highest degree that's was why I was generalising it.
Corrections Taken!
Thanks for highlighting me on this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 26, 2020
Richdee1:

Sorry for the Mistake.
I know PHD is higher than that Master's. Buh most people here talked more on evaluating Masters as their highest degree that's was why I was generalising it.
Corrections Taken!
Thanks for highlighting me on this.
No worries!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 26, 2020
I'll say TCF is easier after having the experience of writing both
Margy:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MamaHeaven: 8:45pm On Sep 26, 2020
horlorbah:

Congratulations!!!!!! Please if I may ask, which materials, videos or website did you use to prepare for the reading aspect?

Thank you! For reading I used ieltsliz.com and I practiced general reading modules from Cambridge books 10-15. I specifically focused on the true, false, not given cos I struggled with it earlier.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by youngwolf(m): 12:17am On Sep 27, 2020
Hi people, Can I change my NOC after ITA? If yes will I need an LOE or not.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Annettevoke(f): 5:11am On Sep 27, 2020
House please advise,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by obonujoker(m): 6:25am On Sep 27, 2020
Annettevoke:
House please advise,

Regarding work experience letter my company does not have an official email and website, will @gmail be fine?

Yes I think so, and so long they have a letter head and stamp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by obonujoker(m): 6:26am On Sep 27, 2020
After using the CRS calculation free tool,

I obtained 503...

What does this mean?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Yellowmellow(f): 8:24am On Sep 27, 2020
Annettevoke:
House please advise,

Regarding work experience letter my company does not have an official email and website, will @gmail be fine?

I'm pretty sure ircc is aware we don't all work in multi nationals and the likes. Emphasis was made on other things not the type of email address the company has.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Maneq: 9:14am On Sep 27, 2020
obonujoker:
After using the CRS calculation free tool,

I obtained 503...

What does this mean?
It means you are good to go sir.
But please answer these questions before you go.

1. Do you have Canadian degree?
2. Do you have siblings in Canada
3. Do you have work experience in Canada
4. Do you have TEF or TCF language results?
5. Do you have PhD?

If your answer is NO to at least 4 of those questions please go and recalculate that thing you calculated.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by obonujoker(m): 9:25am On Sep 27, 2020
Maneq:

It means you are good to go sir.
But please answer these questions before you go.

1. Do you have Canadian degree?
2. Do you have siblings in Canada
3. Do you have work experience in Canada
4. Do you have TEF or TCF language results?
5. Do you have PhD?

If your answer is NO to at least 4 of those questions please go and recalculate that thing you calculated.

1. No. But I have evaluated via WES, i and my wife... Msc and BSC

2. Yes.

3. No.. evaluation using the NOC experience I have in Nigeria

4. IELTS( Both)

5. Msc

Recalculation gave 482

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by meetme01: 11:20am On Sep 27, 2020
obonujoker:

2. Yes.

4. IELTS( Both)

5. Msc

Recalculation gave 482

The score was really high hence, the questions. With your current score, you good to go, sir.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Yellowmellow(f): 11:20am On Sep 27, 2020
obonujoker:

2. Yes.

4. IELTS( Both)

5. Msc

Recalculation gave 482

482 is such a good score. Congrats in advance.
Wes should please release my report so I can move to 471 now that the cut off is in that region before I start to hear stories oh.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Favourphilic: 11:22am On Sep 27, 2020
Hi Ladykillar
Have you been able to see anyone?
Please if u do let me know, also I sent u an email

ladykilllar:
Please who has a contact in Faculty of Pharmacy in Oau?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 27, 2020
youngwolf:
Hi people, Can I change my NOC after ITA? If yes will I need an LOE or not.

Answered here

https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/60#94155376

LOE at your discretion.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Davidganna10: 11:33am On Sep 27, 2020
Please seniors in the house do degree/diploma evaluated by WES have a time frame?

That is, I evaluate my degree now and due to unavailability of funds, start my EE processing say two or three years time. Will I be required to verify again?

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.