Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja (64257 Views)

Trademore Estate, Lugbe Abuja Flood (More Pictures & Video) / Flood Trapped Several Persons In Trademore Area Of Lugbe, Abuja (Video) / Flood Sweeps Four-year-old Boy Away In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by molbic(m): 12:27pm On Aug 28, 2020
Chaii E shock US I pray he survived

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Angelfrost(m): 12:27pm On Aug 28, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Wait who was taking the pictures (video)

A concerned citizen!!! undecided
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Guidetop12: 12:28pm On Aug 28, 2020
Sad
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Pauladex(m): 12:28pm On Aug 28, 2020
Village people called him and he answered the call.Too bad.

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by UDUJ(m): 12:28pm On Aug 28, 2020
SegFault:

You want him to dive into a raging river? I don't understand again

Just imagine the dumb question that guy is asking? So I should risk my life jumping into a raging flood? No sense at all

6 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by MATURELION: 12:29pm On Aug 28, 2020
TheABOMINATION:
The guy videoing is a very wicked man, he should have dive in to rescue the man.
for heavy flood It's like you've not tried to swim in river after heavy rain even the smallest of river current can sweep you away if you're not careful

7 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by IamPlato(m): 12:29pm On Aug 28, 2020
wow...

drunk person dey hear word?
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by chimezieeze98: 12:30pm On Aug 28, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O59pqZzWEI0

This is how you end up buying fufu as phone in computer village
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by xynerise: 12:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
TheABOMINATION:
The guy videoing is a very wicked man, he should have dive in to rescue the man.
Sharap! You would have watched like he did
We are only super heroes on keyboard

6 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Newswire: 12:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
molbic:
Chaii E shock US I pray he survived
He died..

2 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Angelfrost(m): 12:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
londonderry2:
Mehn, this is bad. The cameraman though, No reaction or whatsoever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPLih8EV8nc

What kinda reaction exactly??! Act like Tom Cruise character in Mission Impossible, or James Bond by diving into the current to perform a rescue??!...

The late man had a death wish... What normal individual in his right senses will even go out in such a storm least of all attempting to cross such a surging flood??! He became on his own the moment he took a step into that current.

2 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by gaventa: 12:31pm On Aug 28, 2020
My comment has nothing to do with this topic.so because I am not a Muslim and I clicked NO to the question asked before I can comment on a IslamicTopic I got restricted in making comments on Islamic topics. Can you all see how Tolerant your religion is?? If you cannnot tolerate just a comment online , I wonder how you can tolerate people in real life. Bunch of low life intimidated confused religious Bigots!!!!!

8 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Angelfrost(m): 12:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
freshkpomo:
Verdict: it looks like someone preferred to save a video clip than to save a life..

I wan high j wan high, now them Don lower am to 6ft..drink responsibly.

A united youth is an unstoppable force

#NYM...

Stop complaining and take action today by joining the movement

Save a life in what way??! With a strong boat and ropes, or with helicopter??! Save him how??!

4 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
UDUJ:

Just imagine the dumb question that guy is asking? So I should risk my life jumping into a raging flood? No sense at all
the thing tire person. I'm sorry to say this, even if it were a child (except if it's my child or a family member), nothing would make me jump inside there.

3 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Perfecttouchade: 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
momodub:
Wtf can't the camera man help
how he wan epp? I can only blame him for videoing without seeking for help for him, that should be the only help he can render and I heard him say he forewarned him. ..flood is dangerous
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
DebbieBianca:
A man was reportedly found dead on Thursday morning, August 27, after he was swept away by heavy flood in Abuja.

The moment the man drowned was caught on video. In the tragic video, the man is seen wading through the brownish flood water that extended above his waist. He appears to miss his step and then struggles to regain balance, but the current was too heavy and he was swept away in seconds while screaming for help.

The incident reportedly happened on Wednesday, August 26, in Trademore Estate, Lugbe Abuja.

The man's body was found this morning, August 27.

Eyewitnesses claim he had been warned not to go in the water but he didn't listen. He was also reportedly drunk at the time he ventured into the flooded street.

A voice in the video is heard saying, "That man done go. I dey warn am, I dey warn am."

Below is a video showing the moment the flood swept him away.

Watch The Video Below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W98_krOoSfQ

No drainage
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by SimeonOTC(m): 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2020
TheABOMINATION:

you are very stupid...

if you were the one, i will run after you ,not to save you but to get the full clip of how you deaf ass ended..

8 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Poloyanabo2(m): 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2020
Imiete:
Lala do something
Something must kill a man! In this case na shayo kill am.
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Perfecttouchade: 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2020
cheesy Igbo man like their Life, na Yoruba man go form superman without thinking and jump to rescue grin
SegFault:

the thing tire person. I'm sorry to say this, even if it were a child (except if it's my child or a family member), nothing would make me jump inside there.

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by connectboi(m): 12:36pm On Aug 28, 2020
Some people are stupid and foolish at the same time here
How can you say the camera man should rescue him after warning him or don't you even see how the water flows
Even if that camera man na your brother will you advice him to do that kind of thing

Had it been the camera man had also jump into the flooding water and die
These are the kind of people that will still come and say WHO SEND AM

4 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 28, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
cheesy Igbo man like their Life, na Yoruba man go form superman without thinking and jump to rescue grin
it's not about tribe bro, I am not sure there is an afterlife, do you expect me to dive in and risk the life that I got by chance. No way, except you're a family member no way.

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Roozzaay(m): 12:38pm On Aug 28, 2020
Humanity is gradually going into extinction cry
Even though he had warned him, all he could do was to record the drowning man.....
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by freshkpomo(m): 12:38pm On Aug 28, 2020
Angelfrost:

Save a life in what way??! With a strong boat and ropes, or with helicopter??! Save him how??!
If that was a man recording and his daughter was the one drowning, you would have understood better.. In the video no attempt to save him was seen, at least they could have tried... Yea, ropes could have saved him..

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by BotherMleeper(m): 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2020
Video shows man's last moments.

"Thanks for watching, like and share"

WTF is there to like?!

2 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Bbbwings: 12:44pm On Aug 28, 2020
momodub:
Wtf can't the camera man help
undecided
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Perfecttouchade: 12:44pm On Aug 28, 2020
SegFault:

it's not about tribe bro, I am not sure there is an afterlife, do you expect me to dive in and risk the life that I got by chance. No way, except you're a family member no way.
we yorubas like forming champ grin
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Angelfrost(m): 12:44pm On Aug 28, 2020
freshkpomo:
If that was a man recording and his daughter was the one drowning, you would have understood better.. In the video no attempt to save him was seen, at least they could have tried... Yea, ropes could have saved him..

Let's be reasonable, shall we??! Where would they have found the ropes at that inopportune time??! What if they themselves were hanging on to safety??!

In such situations, rescue is rarely possible!!! Even if you are a pro swimmer, it would be foolish to attempt such... This is a raging deluge, not a still river!

The Man's daughter would have heeded her father's voice in the first place, and not foolishly tried crossing such a dangerous torrent.

8 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by chrizzyace: 12:44pm On Aug 28, 2020
wisest10:
Is this real...local man is shocked

People like you can never believe anything in this life lol

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Bbbwings: 12:45pm On Aug 28, 2020
freshkpomo:
If that was a man recording and his daughter was the one drowning, you would have understood better.. In the video no attempt to save him was seen, at least they could have tried... Yea, rop es could have saved him..
Like you have ropes with you all the time.
This happened in less than 10 seconds of n this video

9 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by maximusprime2000: 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2020
wtf! man walked gallantly into his own death. lesson for dumboss. obedience is better than sacrifice. the camera man probably wanted to have a superhero clip but was a disaster. dead man tell no tales..
connectboi:
Some people are stupid and foolish at the same time here
How can you say the camera man should rescue him after warning him or don't you even see how the water flows
Even if that camera man na your brother will you advice him to do that kind of thing

Had it been the camera man had also jump into the flooding water and die
These are the kind of people that will still come and say WHO SEND AM
I'm not surprised, dats to show u common sense is very rare in this part of the world. this is why buhari is their president.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

University Students Rush To See Helicopter After Emergency Landing In Kogi. PICS / Man Eating Breakfast While Hanging On A Moving Bus In Lagos (Photos) / Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.