Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja (64256 Views)

Trademore Estate, Lugbe Abuja Flood (More Pictures & Video) / Flood Trapped Several Persons In Trademore Area Of Lugbe, Abuja (Video) / Flood Sweeps Four-year-old Boy Away In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Tonitoniton(m): 6:08pm On Aug 28, 2020
oyinmykel:

The only help he could have gotten was not entering the water.

Well, who doesn't make mistakes or misjudgment? have u never taken a dangerous step urself? my point was, if u knew u cant jump in to help, u can pray for him in what ever way u can and not bring out one useless 2years life span phone to snap or record the dying of a helpless soul like u. I read it online today how 5 stray dogs rescued a 12 year old girl from being raped in Argentina. Those are animals taking risk but a human being is given stupid excuses not to help his fellow soul. What a world!
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by ofiko123(m): 6:21pm On Aug 28, 2020
Sad,RIP to the dead..
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by hermesprogidy(m): 6:58pm On Aug 28, 2020
Is this Abuja or Ajuba? How can people live like this?
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by infogeneral: 7:03pm On Aug 28, 2020
So sad. What was he doing there. Any attempt to rescue him in that fast and furious flood wave could result in multiple deaths.
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by ibinaboonline: 7:29pm On Aug 28, 2020
Look at that first picture. He had no idea his countdown was almost up. 54321... Oh, only if he knew.

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by EXOUSIAng: 7:59pm On Aug 28, 2020
[quote author=TheABOMINATION

If I was there at the scene, I would have dive in to rescue the man, las las both of us will die together. If I die while trying to save someone, I am guaranteed to wake up in heaven.[/quote]

WAKE UP IN HEAVEN.......
YOU SMOKE??

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by nkemdi89(f): 8:06pm On Aug 28, 2020
Queenlovely:
some people are just Damm stupid.

where could this guy be going at this time

Note: these are not part of Abuja master plan, these are slums, without plumbing, no drinage

The incident reportedly happened on Wednesday, August 26, in Trademore Estate, Lugbe Abuja.

lugbe is expanding daily, it is a satalite town, it's where the workers live, they commute to work in the city center daily
Don't say what you don't know, trademore estate has drainage and everything, that place has a covert where all the water merges, that is around Charlie's place.
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by nkemdi89(f): 8:20pm On Aug 28, 2020
Cashio:
know exactly where this shit happened. There's this drainage channel that gets flooded once heavy rain falls and there is a tiny apian way just beside that drainage and a nearby fence. That apian way gets covered with water once it rains heavily. Even the house, whose fence shares boundary with the drainage channel is deserted for years now cos of the flood.
I bet the man stubbornly wanted to pass through that apian way(instead of passing through the main access road that links the phase to the major estate access road) while it was flooded and possibly missed his step.

RIP to him.
That should be around Charlie's place , opposite that supermarket and the only atm machine in the estate.
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by nkemdi89(f): 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2020
Greensquard:

Do u know what a slum is at all?people just talk anyhow..im not sure u have even been to trademore estate b4..Incase u dont know,trademore has estates in the big cities in Nija so they can never be slums..get ur facts right before u talk anyhow,this particular Trademore is a mega city close to palmheights and I use to live there while in Nija..That place the man was trying to cross is close to a small bridge and the rains pourd so much that the river almost overwhelmed the bridge..and that man was trying to cross close to underneath the bridge..and where was he even crossing to?a fence or where?
Don't mind her , a place where a tiny boys quaters goes as low 250k , a place where the former IG and PPRO of police resides.

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 28, 2020
At first, he thought he was flexing...he knew how to swim but the flood bleeped him up!

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Rushna27(f): 9:03pm On Aug 28, 2020
hilarious
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by jennybright(f): 9:56pm On Aug 28, 2020
Sir you don't know what you are saying, you don't know the full story, that Camera man was at across the bridge videoing the flood scenario before he came across the guy. You just saw the short clip of it. It's a very long video

Tonitoniton:

How very cold the world is getting. U see some one in need and dying all u could do is bring out ur worthless phone to take picture and video record it. One thing u dont know which is for sure is that u will be in a similar need tomorrow and the same action will be melted out to u. U cant escape it. God rules in the affairs of men
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Ethanuella: 10:50pm On Aug 28, 2020
TheABOMINATION:
The guy videoing is a very wicked man, he should have dive in to rescue the man.

If I was there at the scene, I would have dive in to rescue the man, las las both of us will die together. If I die while trying to save someone, I am guaranteed to wake up in heaven.

Who is this?
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 28, 2020
Tonitoniton:

Well, who doesn't make mistakes or misjudgment? have u never taken a dangerous step urself? my point was, if u knew u cant jump in to help, u can pray for him in what ever way u can and not bring out one useless 2years life span phone to snap or record the dying of a helpless soul like u. I read it online today how 5 stray dogs rescued a 12 year old girl from being raped in Argentina. Those are animals taking risk but a human being is given stupid excuses not to help his fellow soul. What a world!
yawn, please fly to the north and fight the herdsmen and the rest, since you be knight in shining armour. Una think say danger na just talk, if you were there he would have still drowned abeg.
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Tonitoniton(m): 11:48pm On Aug 28, 2020
SegFault:

yawn, please fly to the north and fight the herdsmen and the rest, since you be knight in shining armour. Una think say danger na just talk, if you were there he would have still drowned abeg.

U have never been in danger that is why u are talking like this. My point is, make an effort to help and not stand some where and be recording a man dying just because of likes on social media. the human mind is powerful, u wishing him safe and ur prayers can save him. Atleast make an effort. Dont forget, WHAT EVER U SOW U WILL REAP. Dont think because u are comfortable now that u are on top of the world because u dey learn
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Tonitoniton(m): 12:00am On Aug 29, 2020
jennybright:
Sir you don't know what you are saying, you don't know the full story, that Camera man was at across the bridge videoing the flood scenario before he came across the guy. You just saw the short clip of it. It's a very long video

I know what am saying ma because I saw wiper in front of the camera which means the person was recording it in his car and not bridge. I live close to that sport and I know u cant stand any where day in that rain and record that death.

U guys are comfortable to make blames, any body living in Abuja knows that when it rains and u didn't close ur window properly u will meet a water logged apartment that may be the reason he was taking that risk. Some times even when u close ur window it will still be water log.

My point is make an effort to help and not trying to take credit for recording the death of a man because that persons death may likely be the same and be recorded too. There is a heavy phenomenon in a place where some dies.

Again. what ever u sow that u will reap
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:21am On Aug 29, 2020
Saddening
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by jennybright(f): 1:22pm On Aug 29, 2020
I'm not a stranger in trademore, I live inside phase one, in fact I was outside that day because was still in school, I was divastated on how to go and pick him, I couldn't come out, secondly that Charlie's garden track road is very dangerous in dry season let alone in raining season and flooded area for that matter. When they told him to go back why can't he follow that Gloria Kennedy street and pass. Don't blame anyone please rather his village people who was beating drum for him.

Tonitoniton:

I know what am saying ma because I saw wiper in front of the camera which means the person was recording it in his car and not bridge. I live close to that sport and I know u cant stand any where day in that rain and record that death.

U guys are comfortable to make blames, any body living in Abuja knows that when it rains and u didn't close ur window properly u will meet a water logged apartment that may be the reason he was taking that risk. Some times even when u close ur window it will still be water log.

My point is make an effort to help and not trying to take credit for recording the death of a man because that persons death may likely be the same and be recorded too. There is a heavy phenomenon in a place where some dies.

Again. what ever u sow that u will reap
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Cashio(m): 4:06pm On Aug 29, 2020
nkemdi89:

That should be around Charlie's place , opposite that supermarket and the only atm machine in the estate.
...yea...correct...

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Tonitoniton(m): 11:18pm On Aug 29, 2020
jennybright:
I'm not a stranger in trademore, I live inside phase one, in fact I was outside that day because was still in school, I was divastated on how to go and pick him, I couldn't come out, secondly that Charlie's garden track road is very dangerous in dry season let alone in raining season and flooded area for that matter. When they told him to go back why can't he follow that Gloria Kennedy street and pass. Don't blame anyone please rather his village people who was beating drum for him.

Any way, I will not argue further. It appears my point is still not seen because of the coldness of the society. Can I ask u a question? if that guy was ur brother would u have recorded his death process? What would u have done when u saw him in that state?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

University Students Rush To See Helicopter After Emergency Landing In Kogi. PICS / Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video / Man Eating Breakfast While Hanging On A Moving Bus In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.