Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja (64258 Views)

Trademore Estate, Lugbe Abuja Flood (More Pictures & Video) / Flood Trapped Several Persons In Trademore Area Of Lugbe, Abuja (Video) / Flood Sweeps Four-year-old Boy Away In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by wamide042(m): 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2020
momodub:
Wtf can't the camera man help
He should jump inside the Flood abi..
If you’re the one, what would you rather do??

3 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by sureteeboy(m): 12:49pm On Aug 28, 2020
mamaafrik:
Any flood above the length of an average human knee is capable of sweeping you off your feet,if that guy die,na hell fire straight,he will be charged to hell for disobedience and drunkenness.
You don turn am to law case grin grin
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Reference(m): 12:52pm On Aug 28, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Wait who was taking the pictures (video)

Someone with more sense so that he can give us worked examples on what constitutes gross stupidity. It is allowed. Good job photo journalist.

2 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by sinkhole: 12:53pm On Aug 28, 2020
Guyman02:
I don't think he dieded shocked
Bros, he was deaded o shocked

2 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by 900warriorz: 12:53pm On Aug 28, 2020
freshkpomo:
Verdict: it looks like someone preferred to save a video clip than to save a life..

I wan high j wan high, now them Don lower am to 6ft..drink responsibly.

A united youth is an unstoppable force

#NYM...

Stop complaining and take action today by joining the movement

You are very funny oo....what would you have him do? Dive into the flood and get swept too? undecided
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Reference(m): 12:55pm On Aug 28, 2020
momodub:

Help to do what...dial 911 or become the second victim.... I really wan't to know what you will do if you were there.
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 28, 2020
momodub:

How could he have helped him? Jump inside that flood? That would be suicide.
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 28, 2020
momodub:
so the camera man too should jump to his death? The best he can do is to warm him which he said he did.
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by wamide042(m): 12:58pm On Aug 28, 2020
weIMPORT:
is that the best you could do? no attempt to rescue

May God not let us fall into emergency situation when these kind of people are around.
Weldone Sir.. What would you Rather do or do you think that clip is from Hollywood.
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Srallens(m): 12:58pm On Aug 28, 2020
Knowing that he was drunk should have made them hold him down because he wouldn't be reasoning properly.

And if the time used to record the video was used to plan his rescue, his time on earth may have been extended.

People's lives don't matter much to us anymore. All we care about are the shots taken and the videos recorded.
It's just so sad that life is now like a movie scene
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by jubrilELsudan: 12:58pm On Aug 28, 2020
SERVES HIM RITE.

STUPID ARSE FOOL.

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Greensquard(m): 1:00pm On Aug 28, 2020
Queenlovely:
some people are just Damm stupid.

where could this guy be going at this time

Note: these are not part of Abuja master plan, these are slums, without plumbing, no drinage

The incident reportedly happened on Wednesday, August 26, in Trademore Estate, Lugbe Abuja.

lugbe is expanding daily, it is a satalite town, it's where the workers live, they commute to work in the city center daily

Do u know what a slum is at all?people just talk anyhow..im not sure u have even been to trademore estate b4..Incase u dont know,trademore has estates in the big cities in Nija so they can never be slums..get ur facts right before u talk anyhow,this particular Trademore is a mega city close to palmheights and I use to live there while in Nija..That place the man was trying to cross is close to a small bridge and the rains pourd so much that the river almost overwhelmed the bridge..and that man was trying to cross close to underneath the bridge..and where was he even crossing to?a fence or where?
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by routsz: 1:00pm On Aug 28, 2020
TheABOMINATION:
The guy videoing is a very wicked man, he should have dive in to rescue the man.

But he's the one screaming "hey, stay there, don't go, don't go . ."
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Salmoneus(m): 1:00pm On Aug 28, 2020
Rgade:
I thought that Niger basin told us that the floods would arrive from September 6
And Abuja wasn't even included in the threat zones lipsrsealed
Bleep, this nation can't get anything right... sad

And this is a country's capital o, an Estate for that matter.
The most planned city in Africa my ass.
A city that was purposely designed to be the capital, and the development was controlled from the scratch,yet can't avoid embarrassing perennial floods.
Nigeria fails in everything
Floods happen in well planned cities topo, google it! I hate this culture we have as Nigerians to blame blame blame...

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Emperor4tune(m): 1:01pm On Aug 28, 2020
Guidetop11:
tongue
a man like u is in a big tragedy & all u think is bringing out a red tongue like a demon,am not suprise people like u are gud at celebrating bad news
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by AkwaIbomMan(m): 1:01pm On Aug 28, 2020
Openbusiness:
sad That wall before the T-junction as his best chance to hold on to something. Sad. May God continue to have mercy on me
probably there's a gutter before you reach to hold those walls and that where he slipped in
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Reference(m): 1:02pm On Aug 28, 2020
Openbusiness:
sad That wall before the T-junction as his best chance to hold on to something. Sad. May God continue to have mercy on me

Oga, he cannot hold onto anything. That current is strong enough to break every bone in his body if he attempts to resist it. His only chance is riding it out to a plain while trying to keep his head above water and hoping he doesn't collide with dangerous objects, period.

With my little knowledge in life whenever there is torrential rainfall, anywhere I am I check my surroundings frequently to see what the flood water is doing so I can take action where necessary, quickly, even at night.

You never know when your chance of escape/survival comes and goes.

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by kingxsamz(m): 1:04pm On Aug 28, 2020
Well, we don't know for a fact that he died as the video is not complete.
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Queenlovely(f): 1:04pm On Aug 28, 2020
Greensquard:

Do u know what a slum is at all?people just talk anyhow..im not sure u have even been to trademore estate b4..Incase u dont know,trademore has estates in the big cities in Nija so they can never be slums..get ur facts right before u talk anyhow,this particular Trademore is a mega city close to palmheights and I use to live there while in Nija..That place the man was trying to cross is close to a small bridge and the rains pourd so much that the river almost overwhelmed the bridge..and that man was trying to cross close to underneath the bridge..and where was he even crossing to?a fence or where?

oboy, you can't show me Abuja, Cosgrove Abuja is my family property (. not meaning to brag) these are unplanned estates, when the owners want it domolition will come.

your so called estate is not sanctioned by Abuja tow planners board, no c/o

I just called people
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by AkwaIbomMan(m): 1:06pm On Aug 28, 2020
SimeonOTC:

you are very stupid...

if you were the one, i will run after you ,not to save you but to get the full clip of how you deaf ass ended..
harsh embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Dicksonpal: 1:07pm On Aug 28, 2020
This man get mind o
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by udena47(m): 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2020
God have mercy oo I too would have been a victim when I was a teenager
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by routsz: 1:16pm On Aug 28, 2020
freshkpomo:
If that was a man recording and his daughter was the one drowning, you would have understood better.. In the video no attempt to save him was seen, at least they could have tried... Yea, ropes could have saved him..
The clip covered the overwhelming & unprecedented flash flood that surged viciously through the residential estate. The drowned man's episode was just an unexpected event. Ropes? Who knew one man was going to wade thro against advice?
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by benzene00: 1:17pm On Aug 28, 2020
Reference:

Oga, he cannot hold onto anything. That current is strong enough to break every bone in his body if he attempts to resist it. His only chance is riding it out to a plain while trying to keep his head above water and hoping he doesn't collide with dangerous objects, period.

With my little knowledge in life whenever there is torrential rainfall, anywhere I am I check my surroundings frequently to see what the flood water is doing so I can take action where necessary, quickly, even at night.

You never know when your chance of escape/survival comes and goes.
all these uneducated scientist,
it's not only strong enough Break his bones, even his spirits
mtcheww
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by uzoexcel(m): 1:18pm On Aug 28, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:

what actually did u want the person to do?
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by tonididdy(m): 1:20pm On Aug 28, 2020
TheABOMINATION:
The guy videoing is a very wicked man, he should have dive in to rescue the man.
Oga u too tok that one.
Even a very good swimmer or diver will find it difficult to survive this currents.
So sad.
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by routsz: 1:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
Srallens:
Knowing that he was drunk should have made them hold him down because he wouldn't be reasoning properly.

And if the time used to record the video was used to plan his rescue, his time on earth may have been extended.

People's lives don't matter much to us anymore. All we care about are the shots taken and the videos recorded.
It's just so sad that life is now like a movie scene
You obviously don't get it. The drowned man & the videoing man were on opposite sides of the crazy surge.
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
So rain dey fall for Abuja and we have not seen rain in Benin for the past 5 weeks.

This kind neighborhood na wa ooo. The compounds will be obviously flooded.

Those asking why the person videoing didn't save him, if na you, u go jump into such ferocious flood? Na suicide that.
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by routsz: 1:24pm On Aug 28, 2020
Discovered remains of the drowned man

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by TheSourcerer: 1:25pm On Aug 28, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:

one of the worst ways to die
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by DisLifeSha: 1:26pm On Aug 28, 2020
I wonder. Why not throw something like a pole so that he can hold while them dey hold am for the other side. That guy is wicked
momodub:
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by lomprico(m): 1:28pm On Aug 28, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:

is it the person's fault? dont the man know how dangerous flood is?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

University Students Rush To See Helicopter After Emergency Landing In Kogi. PICS / Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video / Man Eating Breakfast While Hanging On A Moving Bus In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.