Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,385 members, 7,812,135 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja (64251 Views)

Trademore Estate, Lugbe Abuja Flood (More Pictures & Video) / Flood Trapped Several Persons In Trademore Area Of Lugbe, Abuja (Video) / Flood Sweeps Four-year-old Boy Away In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by FlipModeSquade(m): 1:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
freshkpomo:
Verdict: it looks like someone preferred to save a video clip than to save a life..

I wan high j wan high, now them Don lower am to 6ft..drink responsibly.

A united youth is an unstoppable force

#NYM...

Stop complaining and take action today by joining the movement
So if na you,you go jump into the water to save the man? angry
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by FlipModeSquade(m): 1:31pm On Aug 28, 2020
momodub:
Wtf can't the camera man help
How exactly do you want him to help?
He should jump into the raging water?
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Vandi2: 1:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
He was actually warned, but he wasnt drunk as claimed. He was on his way home from a barber shop.

He is married with two kids
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by routsz: 1:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
DisLifeSha:
I wonder. Why not throw something like a pole so that he can hold while them dey hold am for the other side. That guy is wicked
It's just like you and a couple of others standing by a heavily busy expressway, waiting for traffic to ebb so as to cross. And then, before you know it, someone already walked into the heavy traffic . .

4 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by FlipModeSquade(m): 1:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
TheABOMINATION:
The guy videoing is a very wicked man, he should have dive in to rescue the man.
Are you serious or are you being Sarcastic?
He should have dived in to rescue the man?
Oshey,Navy Seal.. grin
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by boujeeassnigga(m): 1:37pm On Aug 28, 2020
momodub:
Looks like the person behind the camera has been desensitized. The person is probably a member of BESTGORE!
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by ednut1(m): 1:39pm On Aug 28, 2020
momodub:
help as per super man or what
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by routsz: 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2020
May his soul rest in perfect peace.

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by FlipModeSquade(m): 1:41pm On Aug 28, 2020
weIMPORT:
is that the best you could do? no attempt to rescue

May God not let us fall into emergency situation when these kind of people are around.
What exactly will you do in the situation?
Dive into the water?
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by FlipModeSquade(m): 1:44pm On Aug 28, 2020
boujeeassnigga:
Looks like the person behind the camera has been desensitized. The person is probably a member of BESTGORE!
To all you people saying the Cameraman should have done something..
What EXACTLY WOULD YOU have done?
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by AsawanaDgreat: 1:44pm On Aug 28, 2020
Bala Mohammed do something
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by peeps4u: 1:57pm On Aug 28, 2020
If you were there, would u jump into the flood to save him?

freshkpomo:
Verdict: it looks like someone preferred to save a video clip than to save a life..

I wan high j wan high, now them Don lower am to 6ft..drink responsibly.

A united youth is an unstoppable force

#NYM...

Stop complaining and take action today by joining the movement
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by xynerise: 2:02pm On Aug 28, 2020
TheABOMINATION:
The guy videoing is a very wicked man, he should have dive in to rescue the man.

If I was there at the scene, I would have dive in to rescue the man, las las both of us will die together. If I die while trying to save someone, I am guaranteed to wake up in heaven.

I believe you laughed after typing this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by peeps4u: 2:03pm On Aug 28, 2020
freshkpomo:
If that was a man recording and his daughter was the one drowning, you would have understood better.. In the video no attempt to save him was seen, at least they could have tried... Yea, ropes could have saved him..

Ropes?

Like they prepared for it or rope would just come from nowhere?
The man was swept away in less than a min. what would have been done to safe him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Cheeryfeet: 2:11pm On Aug 28, 2020
momodub:
help what, if it's you will you enter into a water with sick current?
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by chigo5(m): 2:13pm On Aug 28, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Wait who was taking the pictures (video)

are u expecting someone to dive in
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by PastorFire: 2:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
momodub:
You can't jump in there without water skills and survive.
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by maasoap(m): 2:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
TheABOMINATION:

He should have killed himself trying to rescue a stubborn stranger? That's great!

If I was there at the scene, I would have dive in to rescue the man, las las both of us will die together. If I die while trying to save someone, I am guaranteed to wake up in heaven .

That's stupidity of the highest order because you wouldn't stand a chance of survival in that very strong erosion. Why risking your life in such a way? That's not different from people who always grab the victims of electrocution in an attempt to save lives. Guess you don't have some people to think about and the mess you would leave behind for them, I meant the people who look up to you everyday

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by debbydams(f): 2:36pm On Aug 28, 2020
Guyman02:
I don't think he dieded shocked
yes he dieded died grin ...pls next time u want to post try to use your brain ehn pls.. We no go jam o grin
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by maasoap(m): 2:38pm On Aug 28, 2020
SoftP:
& get drowned aswell.

Shey u taught him how to swim niii

Can a professional swimmer even swim in that strong erosion? Never heard of it!
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by 0taPiaPia(m): 2:40pm On Aug 28, 2020
freshkpomo:
If that was a man recording and his daughter was the one drowning, you would have understood better.. In the video no attempt to save him was seen, at least they could have tried... Yea, ropes could have saved him..

Ropes you say ?. in how many seconds did that event last.( Or maybe they kept a rope beside expecting someone to enter that chaotic waters). critical thinking bro.

2 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by maasoap(m): 2:41pm On Aug 28, 2020
weIMPORT:
is that the best you could do? no attempt to rescue

May God not let us fall into emergency situation when these kind of people are around.

Anyone who jumped into that erosion wouldn't have survived it. Why wasting your life? He was warned, that was enough as that was all they could do

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Zenithpeak(m): 2:55pm On Aug 28, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Wait who was taking the pictures (video)

It is the eyewitness that makes the video of course!

Do you expect him to jump into that demon flood? or what do you except from him at that material point in time?

"A defiant fly goes before the corpse to the grave"

I pity the man of course! But there wouldn't be any need for this story that touches.... if he'd listen to the voice of wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by SweetDipBenny(m): 2:59pm On Aug 28, 2020
Just like dat
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Cashio(m): 3:03pm On Aug 28, 2020
know exactly where this shit happened. There's this drainage channel that gets flooded once heavy rain falls and there is a tiny apian way just beside that drainage and a nearby fence. That apian way gets covered with water once it rains heavily. Even the house, whose fence shares boundary with the drainage channel is deserted for years now cos of the flood.
I bet the man stubbornly wanted to pass through that apian way(instead of passing through the main access road that links the phase to the major estate access road) while it was flooded and possibly missed his step.

RIP to him.

3 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Cashio(m): 3:07pm On Aug 28, 2020
Zenithpeak:

Do you expect him to jump into that demon flood? or what do you except from him at that material point in time?

I pity the man of course! But there wouldn't be any need for this story that touches.... if he'd listen to the voice of wisdom.
Yea, an eye witness got the video because once the area gets flooded, people come around to take pictures and make videos. It's actually an interesting site to behold....the speed of the water flow will marvel you and no one who is same enough will dare try to save anyone drowning

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Cashio(m): 3:07pm On Aug 28, 2020
Zenithpeak:

Yea, an eye witness got the video because once the area gets flooded, people come around to take pictures and make videos. It's actually an interesting site to behold....the speed of the water flow will marvel you and no one who is sane enough will dare try to get even close, let alone attempting to save anyone.

2 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Emotionss: 3:12pm On Aug 28, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
momodub:

Help how ?
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Zenithpeak(m): 3:17pm On Aug 28, 2020
Cashio:
Yea, an eye witness got the video because once the area gets flooded, people come around to take pictures and make videos. It's actually an interesting site to behold....the speed of the water flow will marvel you and no one who is sane enough will dare try to get even close, let alone attempting to save anyone.

It was a little absolutely weird when people's emotions got the better of them and expected the eye witness to die with the evidence by committing suside willfully.

2 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by PastorFire: 3:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
TheABOMINATION:

If I was there at the scene, I would have dive in to rescue the man, las las both of us will die together. If I die while trying to save someone, I am guaranteed to wake up in heaven.
You can't even save him in the end if you don't have water skills.
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by chim14(m): 3:26pm On Aug 28, 2020
"I dey wan am, I dey wan am" I didnt here d guy videoing d tin wan anything....very funny grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

University Students Rush To See Helicopter After Emergency Landing In Kogi. PICS / Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video / Man Eating Breakfast While Hanging On A Moving Bus In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.