Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments (19702 Views)

CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent / Lauretta Onochie To Oyedepo Over Rejection Of CAMA: Build Your Own Country / Buhari’s title: No law states how a President should be addressed - NBA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bezimo(m): 7:05pm On Aug 28, 2020
agabusta:

Heaven approves such? Where in the New Testament? And the way you certify someone a devil is if they have an opinion that differs from yours? Are you sure you are not the one who is actually a Devil?

Anyone against pastors and church and it's interest is a comfirm possessed useless devil.I know that 100%
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Goke7: 7:08pm On Aug 28, 2020
agabusta:

Heaven approves such? Where in the New Testament? And the way you certify someone a devil is if they have an opinion that differs from yours? Are you sure you are not the one who is actually a Devil?

those guys are not born gain bruv, they only have a cloak of godliness, with time, their lots will soon be frustrated and fade away and the true church of believers who truly worship God in Spirit and in truth will emerge. their god is their belly and that's why they are the way they are.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bezimo(m): 7:09pm On Aug 28, 2020
agabusta:

You are definitely not a christian with these utterances. You are obviously someone claiming to be a christian in order to paint Christianity in bad light.

Is it you that is a Christian.. posses devil how I wish I can release an angel to give a brain resetting konk. Bastard devils
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bezimo(m): 7:11pm On Aug 28, 2020
Goke7:

You are joking dear, your church will comply like they did during the shut down, all na noise. Like I said it's in your DNA like your pastors and bishops, always abusing and cursing others, that's the Christ-like example they gave you lol

Get lost..go and make them comply..you say shut down..you are comparing virus pandemic to CAMA ill conceived law..go and make them comply nah..you think is by talking chaff on nairaland.
Christ cursed idiots pharisees and saducees..go read your Bible instead of talking nonsense.Jesus called bastard herod a fox.Go find out why.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Goke7: 7:11pm On Aug 28, 2020
bezimo:

Is it you that is a Christian.. posses devil how I wish I can release an angel to give a brain resetting konk. Bastard devils

grin all because your lies and deception cannot spread anymore. Guy you need to surrender your life to Christ and be a true follower of Christ and exhibit the fruit of the Spirit ok?
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by agabusta: 7:11pm On Aug 28, 2020
bezimo:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy you need help.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bezimo(m): 7:13pm On Aug 28, 2020
agabusta:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy you need help.

Help yourself first
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Goke7: 7:13pm On Aug 28, 2020
bezimo:

Get lost..go and make them comply..you say shut down..you ate comparing virus pandemic to CAMA ill conceived law..go and maje tgem comply nah..you think is by talking chaff on nairaland

They will comply bruv no stress yourself, na only dem dey naija
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bezimo(m): 7:14pm On Aug 28, 2020
Goke7:

grin all because your lies and deception cannot spread anymore. Guy you need to surrender your life to Christ and be a true follower of Christ and exhibit the fruit of the Spirit ok?

There is nothing I said that is a lie.
You are the one that has issues

Because you don't go to church..give in church..yet have vested interest in removing church board trustees and pastor. Wetin concern you with church or pastor matter..you are mad.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 28, 2020
Mumu like you. No sense...
martineverest:
but he complained in 2015 when similar bill was passed and he was deposed as general overseer
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bezimo(m): 7:15pm On Aug 28, 2020
Goke7:

They will comply bruv no stress yourself, na only dem dey naija

Nobody will comply with anything....or na you wan make den comply..
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bezimo(m): 7:17pm On Aug 28, 2020
Goke7:

those guys are not born gain bruv, they only have a cloak of godliness, with time, their lots will soon be frustrated and fade away and the true church of believers who truly worship God in Spirit and in truth will emerge. their god is their belly and that's why they are the way they are.

You wey dey fight church and pastor..na you con dey born again..oh really.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Goke7: 7:17pm On Aug 28, 2020
bezimo:

There is nothing I said that is a lie.
You are the one that has issues

Because you don't go to church..give in church..yet have vested interest in removing church board trustees and pastor. Wetin concern you with church or pastor matter..you are mad. grin

really? bros this thing dey pain you gan. CAMA is here to stay.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Goke7: 7:18pm On Aug 28, 2020
bezimo:

You wey dey fight church and pastor..na you con dey born again..oh really.

all because we want our pastors more accountable, we dey fight them grin na wa for una
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Goke7: 7:19pm On Aug 28, 2020
bezimo:

Nobody will comply with anything....or na you wan make den comply..

they will comply, wait and see grin
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by honeyB2018: 7:19pm On Aug 28, 2020
Goke7:

You are a very ignorant Christian and you need to read your bible more and pay attention. The likes of Oyedepo are shouting cos in their organizations, they are the alpha and omega of their ministries and are answerable to nobody. There is no hidden agenda anywhere, we have been shouting about this hidden agenda for a long time but are the churches in Nigeria weaker now? How many churches do we have now compared to what we have in the 80s or 90s, don't we have more churches now? have church attendance in Nigeria dwindle over the years to suggest that what happened in Turkey will happen soon in Nigeria? why do we raise false alarm all the time when there is none, churches were shut down due to pandemic months ago, are they not open now? what's exactly your problem and other ignorant Christians like you if really you are one.

The orthodox churches and other older churches over the years have developed systems and structures where they self regulate easily so what is in CAMA now is already what they do internally in handling misconduct and fraudulent practices that can occur so before any issue get to CAC, it's already taken care of. The likes of Winners and other Pentecostal churches with over bloated egos of their GOs have no solid structures to self regulate as they sweep most things under the carpet all in the name of Positive Faith. Please get enlightened and read more about the Act as its's not only directed to churches but other NGOs and stop the lies ok?

For your information RCCG will not complain too cos internally they have begin to set up structures in the past few years to tighten all the loose end, remember they now have an National GO different from Pastor Adeboye which shows they have complied with the earlier regulation that a GO cannot be in position for more than 20 years, has that affected the ministry of RCCG or Pastor Adeboye? Get informed pls

You are the worst example of the products, you want to advertise. So, a church as big as Living Faith, is not structured well? Can you see your stupidity?
So the number of churches in Nigeria, can't make it possible for Nigeria churches, to be disorganized by government, can you see your dumb brain? Do you know, what government legislation can do to a church organization?
Why are the churches in America, today, hoping for a Donald Trump re-election?
When the ban on showing of miracles done in Churches on TV, was made, how many orthodox churches, were affected?
When Fashola, was regulating religious activities in Lagos state, how many orthodox churches and Islamic societies were affected.
I don't need to waste my time and data, on someone like you, who is ready to sell his soul.
Today, the Nigerian churches are looking for a voice, Idahosa and Ayo Oritsejafor, gave themselves, but people like you, sold them out. You want to sell David Oyedepo, like you did to Idahosa and Ayo, but you and your cohorts must fail.
CAMA 2020, is evil and must be condemned. It must fail.
How can a government, that is full of corruption, wants to regulate the church and it's activities?
It will not stand. Take a trip to any of CAC office for registration of names, you will marvel at the rate of corruption there. This is the body, that wants to check abnormalities in the church.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Ustec: 7:25pm On Aug 28, 2020
bezimo:

My friend shut up and give me real evidence of your unfounded claims..reprobate devils like your type come out and make blanket statements that can't be substantiated..pastor did this..did that..

When last you went to church or gave in church.I am not sure such record exist but you have the temerity to yarn B.S..my friend shut up there.Nonsense
OK,
Good luck.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Goke7: 7:28pm On Aug 28, 2020
honeyB2018:

You are the worst example of the products, you want to advertise. So, a church as big as Living Faith, is not structured well? Can you see your stupidity?
So the number of churches in Nigeria, can't make it possible for Nigeria churches, to be disorganized by government, can you see your dumb brain? Do you know, what government legislation can do to a church organization?
Why are the churches in America, today, hoping for a Donald Trump re-election?
When the ban on showing of miracles done in Churches on TV, was made, how many orthodox churches, were affected?
When Fashola, was regulating religious activities in Lagos state, how many orthodox churches and Islamic societies were affected.
I don't need to waste my time and data, on someone like you, who is ready to sell his soul.
Today, the Nigerian churches are looking for a voice, Idahosa and Ayo Oritsejafor, gave themselves, but people like you, sold them out. You want to sell David Oyedepo, like you did to Idahosa and Ayo, but you and your cohorts must fail.
CAMA 2020, is evil and must be condemned. It must fail.
How can a government, that is full of corruption, wants to regulate the church and it's activities?
It will not stand. Take a trip to any of CAC office for registration of names, you will marvel at the rate of corruption there. This is the body, that wants to check abnormalities in the church.

guy you de vex no be small but you said nothing as your post is just full of emotions than reasoning, very large organizations does not mean they are well structured and that's why very big organizations like enron can crumble

Let me burst your bubble, Living Faith is not very structured. that a church is so big does not mean it's that structured. forget all what your bishop says, that's why he's jittery about CAMA. In this country we've had big churches in the past that are now a shadow of itself so forget the size thing.

And like i said to one of your ilk, your church can de-register and CAMA will not apply ok?
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 28, 2020
yerokunphilips:
Wait ooo don't we have Christian in the house when the so called law was passed ? What were the Christian law makers looking ,?

That part was reject last year only to be smuggles in through backdoor. Also we should understand that committee of lawmakers responsible for CAMA can not be as intelligent as Oyedepo who raise alarm because he has understanding more than them
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by chaloskyx: 8:39pm On Aug 28, 2020
Ehen then there is no problem now let everyone pay their dues abeg no time
agabusta:

It does not target the church.

It's mainly a law for Charity and Non-Governmental Organisations.

However, religious organisations are registered under Charity and NGOs by the Corporate Affairs Commission.

So, the law applies to all religious organisations (either Christianity, Islam or whatever) registered by the Corporate Affairs Commission and the NGOs.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 28, 2020
Everyday terrorists kill people in the north.

You and your zoo govt are not disturbed by the killings.

Na church matter dey disturb una abi?

martineverest:
the law isn't regulating chritisianity....u aren't getting it.the law prevents pastor/imams from solely owning the church or allowing his kids or relatives to inherit the religious bodies like that of Benson idahosa.

if I may ask,did u see adeboye, Catholic , Anglican bishops,imams complaining about the law?...that's because they don't own their various worship centres.... oyedepo Is complaining cos his sons and sons-in-law are all board members of his church
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by ThatFairGuy1: 10:18pm On Aug 28, 2020
I love PYO more. Very vibrant and cool headed. These are role models

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Evercurious(f): 11:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
[quote author=osarog post=93302281]I support CAMA in its entirety. Pastors are scammers. They collect tithe and offering from the poor to build hospitals and schools for the rich. Buy Private jets and live opulently.

One day government will be in total control of all the money the gullible in our society give to these organized religious scamming bodies. We are busy studying what Abraham and Moses did hundreds of years ago while the rest of the world are releasing mind blowing inventions every now and then.

I am totally against these imported organized religions that seem to be what is holding us back in terms of development and keeping us in perpetual poverty. From the one that promotes terrorism and kills people in the name of blasphemy in this time and age to the one that deceitfully collects money from the poor in the form of tithe and offering to build hospitals and schools that the poor cannot attend.
***spits on the two dominant religions in Nigeria**[/quote

You are as ignorant as those that liked your comment
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Evercurious(f): 11:24pm On Aug 28, 2020
post=93303785:

Yes, but did you hear any Mosques or Alhajis making an issue of this so far?

We rest our case!
We are watching the outcome.

Section 839 (1) and (2) provides that religious bodies and non-governmental organisations will be strictly regulated by the Registrar-General of Corporate Affairs Commission, CAC, and a supervising minister.

Cos they have got ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to offer
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Evercurious(f): 11:25pm On Aug 28, 2020
post=93303788:
God save us........

IRREDEEMABLE ZOMBIE
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:36am On Aug 29, 2020
martineverest:
it's because of the shading dealings our pastors engage themselves in that's why it's affecting them more
How many mosques or traditional centres are registered by CAC? Majority of those registered with CAC are the churches. Besides, the level of organisation and progressiveness of the churches can't be compared to mosques or traditional homes. You should know all these except you're not living in Nigeria.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by martineverest(m): 10:15am On Aug 29, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

How many mosques or traditional centres are registered by CAC? Majority of those registered with CAC are the churches. Besides, the level of organisation and progressiveness of the churches can't be compared to mosques or traditional homes. You should know all these except you're not living in Nigeria.
u can't register mosques without CAC, otherwise,u will be taxed by government...what about orphanage orphanage,home for disabilities etc aren't they registered too?

the law is for NGOs ,not only religious bodies
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:22am On Aug 29, 2020
martineverest:
u can't register mosques without CAC, otherwise,u will be taxed by government...what about orphanage orphanage,home for disabilities etc aren't they registered too?

the law is for NGOs ,not only religious bodies
You don't know anything. Most mosques in Nigeria simply open and that's all. Go to the north. People just gather and build mosques. Nobody registers anything there. Same goes for trads. Majority of religious bodies registered are churches. Find this out before you argue further
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:28am On Aug 29, 2020
martineverest:
the law isn't regulating chritisianity....u aren't getting it.the law prevents pastor/imams from solely owning the church or allowing his kids or relatives to inherit the religious bodies like that of Benson idahosa.

if I may ask,did u see adeboye, Catholic , Anglican bishops,imams complaining about the law?...that's because they don't own their various worship centres.... oyedepo Is complaining cos his sons and sons-in-law are all board members of his church
Where in the law is it written that the children can't be board members?

CAN that is complaining consists of Catholics, Baptist, Methodists etc. Present president of CAN is a Baptist. You're a bit confused on this matter really.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:52am On Aug 29, 2020
Goke7:

all because we want our pastors more accountable, we dey fight them grin na wa for una
You want your pastors to be more accountable. Is that what your Bible teaches you? Quote a scripture that says pastors should be accountable to the members.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by yemex04(m): 11:20am On Aug 29, 2020
I seriously wonder where the christian lawmakers were when this law past through first, second & third readings... Also where was CAN during the public hearing?
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Goke7: 12:22pm On Aug 29, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

You want your pastors to be more accountable. Is that what your Bible teaches you? Quote a scripture that says pastors should be accountable to the members.

1 peter 5:3 says that pastors or elders shouldn't be lords over the flock but be examples

Also In the early church in the the book of Acts when deacons were appointed, the apostles said it is not good for them to leave the ministry of the word and prayer to serve tables or food, reason they appointed deacons to oversee welfare of the people for them to focus more on the word and prayer. That was accountability is display.

Those of you arguing don't really read your bibles so well so am not surprised with the question you asked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft / Fuel Scarcity: People Resort To Trekking In Warri, Delta State / Zamfara Police Return Matawalle's Properties To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.