Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments (19717 Views)

CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent / Lauretta Onochie To Oyedepo Over Rejection Of CAMA: Build Your Own Country / Buhari’s title: No law states how a President should be addressed - NBA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by honeyB2018: 5:40pm On Aug 28, 2020
Goke7:

@the bolded, this is the lie Oyedepo has successfully spread all across Christendom in Nigeria, it took me hours to explain the real truth on approaching the courts to an in-law of mine who is a pastor in rccg.

The damage Oyedepo and his ilk are doing to Christianity in Nigeria is a real cause for concern, why spread lies all over the country to Christians. I don't understand again o

When people like you talk or take a stand over this issue, my heart trembles for the faith in Nigeria. What will Christianity look like, after this present leaders of faith have passed on?
This kind of your attitude, made a Christian nation, like Turkey, today to become an Islamic nation.
Do you remember, that before CAMA 2020, there was CAMA 90? While CAMA 90, was in operation, which church, or NGO, raised an eyebrow?
Business community in Nigeria, asked for the amendment to the Act, to have ease of doing business, government and its officials, listened to them
In amending the section, that the churches are opposed today, what was the input of the faith based organizations? Who heard, among the churches and the faith based organizations and NGO, about the amendment?
Thank God for the likes of Bishop Oyedepo, who is a voice. That was how the churches, condemned Archbishop B.A. Idahosa, in his days and the church is paying for it today. That was how Pastor Ayo Oristsejafor, was crucified in his days, as both PFN and CAN president, the Nigeria churches are the worst for it today.
CAMA 2020, may appear so simply and harmless on the. Surface, but beneath, is a recipe for crisis in the church.
Why was it smuggled into the Act? Why did the views of those to be affected, not heard as the case with the business community.
Bishop Oyedepo, may appear evil in the eyes of your likes, but if this is allowed, only time will tell, what becomes of your faith.
Why are the Muslims and orthodox churches not talking?
Food for thought.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Indelibleword(m): 5:41pm On Aug 28, 2020
Please let me ask an important question and I want anyone knowledgeable in the area with valid and concrete evidence should answer. How many mosques are registered with the CAC?
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Ustec: 5:43pm On Aug 28, 2020
bezimo:

Based on what evidence?
Like you seriously don't knowshocked
Seems you're yet to kow how things operate at the top,
With time you will know.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by honeyB2018: 5:47pm On Aug 28, 2020
Indelibleword:
Please let me ask an important question and I want anyone knowledgeable in the area with valid and concrete evidence should answer. How many mosques are registered with the CAC?

God bless you for this wonderful question.
The promoters of this obnoxious section, know their target.
Even among the orthodox churches and NGOs, how many are incorporated?
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by UshersMissile: 5:49pm On Aug 28, 2020
Well... That's the right thing to do. If you are not OK with the bill, submit your argument instead of daring to be an antagonist.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by agabusta: 6:05pm On Aug 28, 2020
chaloskyx:
my own question is are mosques and places of worship by Muslims also affected by CAMA or it targets only churches

It does not target the church.

It's mainly a law for Charity and Non-Governmental Organisations.

However, religious organisations are registered under Charity and NGOs by the Corporate Affairs Commission.

So, the law applies to all religious organisations (either Christianity, Islam or whatever) registered by the Corporate Affairs Commission and the NGOs.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bezimo(m): 6:07pm On Aug 28, 2020
Ustec:

Like you seriously don't knowshocked
Seems you're yet to kow how things operate at the top,
With time you will know.

My friend shut up and give me real evidence of your unfounded claims..reprobate devils like your type come out and make blanket statements that can't be substantiated..pastor did this..did that..

When last you went to church or gave in church.I am not sure such record exist but you have the temerity to yarn B.S..my friend shut up there.Nonsense
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by agabusta: 6:10pm On Aug 28, 2020
honeyB2018:
I love to obey biblical injunctions, in dealing with elders and those in authority, if not, I would have addressed Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, in a bad light.
Is he saying, as a. Christian and pastor, he was not aware of the provisions of this Act?
If so, what is he there for?
Like I have always said here over this CAMA 2020, if pastors and churches, want to be irresponsible, they have no business, registering with the CAC. It's because they want to be, hence they registered. My point is, who consulted the church over this? What was the church input over this amendments?
What was the purpose and thinking of those that did this?
If they Muslims were affected, as the Christians, will Nigeria, have know any peace by now.
Prof. Yemi Osinbajo and his fellow Redeemites, in this government, have failed the church. That is why, Daddy Adeboye is not talking.

Did you read the press statement by the VP?
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bezimo(m): 6:11pm On Aug 28, 2020
MrColdsweat:

The law is not the problem. The problem is that, this satanic government must not be the one body to regulate Christianity.

An administration filled with Fulanis, who have deliberately supported and aided the killing of Christians should have no hand or say in Christian affairs.

Exactly
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by agabusta: 6:12pm On Aug 28, 2020
Indelibleword:

Direct your enquiry to the Registrar of the CAC.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bezimo(m): 6:12pm On Aug 28, 2020
Goke7:

@the bolded, this is the lie Oyedepo has successfully spread all across Christendom in Nigeria, it took me hours to explain the real truth on approaching the courts to an in-law of mine who is a pastor in rccg.

The damage Oyedepo and his ilk are doing to Christianity in Nigeria is a real cause for concern, why spread lies all over the country to Christians. I don't understand again o

Enumerate the damage done?
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bezimo(m): 6:15pm On Aug 28, 2020
honeyB2018:

When people like you talk or take a stand over this issue, my heart trembles for the faith in Nigeria. What will Christianity look like, after this present leaders of faith have passed on?
This kind of your attitude, made a Christian nation, like Turkey, today to become an Islamic nation.
Do you remember, that before CAMA 2020, there was CAMA 90? While CAMA 90, was in operation, which church, or NGO, raised an eyebrow?
Business community in Nigeria, asked for the amendment to the Act, to have ease of doing business, government and its officials, listened to them
In amending the section, that the churches are opposed today, what was the input of the faith based organizations? Who heard, among the churches and the faith based organizations and NGO, about the amendment?
Thank God for the likes of Bishop Oyedepo, who is a voice. That was how the churches, condemned Archbishop B.A. Idahosa, in his days and the church is paying for it today. That was how Pastor Ayo Oristsejafor, was crucified in his days, as both PFN and CAN president, the Nigeria churches are the worst for it today.
CAMA 2020, may appear so simply and harmless on the. Surface, but beneath, is a recipe for crisis in the church.
Why was it smuggled into the Act? Why did the views of those to be affected, not heard as the case with the business community.
Bishop Oyedepo, may appear evil in the eyes of your likes, but if this is allowed, only time will tell, what becomes of your faith.
Food for thought.

Most of these folks speaking against church on this platform based on this illconceived CAMA law..are possesed reprobate devils that hate church and pastors with so much passion..Oh you dont know!! you can't make the mistake of counting them among true Christians.. they can be aptly described like what Jesus said "brood of vipers"..bastard devils.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by honeyB2018: 6:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
agabusta:

Did you read the press statement by the VP?

What ever may be his press statement, as a Christian and pastor, what was his input, before it was passed into law and the ascent of his principal?
Why do we have a Christian and Muslim ticket?
Those that voted for him, was it not their hope that he will represent the views of his faith?
If he had hinted the CAN leaders about this on time. Will this uproar be in place?
He is issuing a press statement, after Bishop Oyedepo have raised the issue. To me, he has failed us. Period
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by agabusta: 6:23pm On Aug 28, 2020
bezimo:

Most of these folks speaking against church on this platform based on this illconceived CAMA law..are possesed reprobate devils that hate church and pastors with so much passion..Oh you dont know!! you can't make the mistake of counting them among true Christians.. they can be aptly described like what Jesus said "brood of vipers"..bastard devils.

To take a stand does not mean one is speaking against the church. I am a christian. However, this noise over the provision governing mismanagement of the registered entity under the new CAMA is overbloated.

There is need for more openness in the way Pentecostal churches are being run.

If I asked you now if you know the Trustees of your church, I can take a wild guess that you only know either one or two out of all the persons on the Board.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Goke7: 6:31pm On Aug 28, 2020
honeyB2018:

Food for thought.

You are a very ignorant Christian and you need to read your bible more and pay attention. The likes of Oyedepo are shouting cos in their organizations, they are the alpha and omega of their ministries and are answerable to nobody. There is no hidden agenda anywhere, we have been shouting about this hidden agenda for a long time but are the churches in Nigeria weaker now? How many churches do we have now compared to what we have in the 80s or 90s, don't we have more churches now? have church attendance in Nigeria dwindle over the years to suggest that what happened in Turkey will happen soon in Nigeria? why do we raise false alarm all the time when there is none, churches were shut down due to pandemic months ago, are they not open now? what's exactly your problem and other ignorant Christians like you if really you are one.

The orthodox churches and other older churches over the years have developed systems and structures where they self regulate easily so what is in CAMA now is already what they do internally in handling misconduct and fraudulent practices that can occur so before any issue get to CAC, it's already taken care of. The likes of Winners and other Pentecostal churches with over bloated egos of their GOs have no solid structures to self regulate as they sweep most things under the carpet all in the name of Positive Faith. Please get enlightened and read more about the Act as its's not only directed to churches but other NGOs and stop the lies ok?

For your information RCCG will not complain too cos internally they have begin to set up structures in the past few years to tighten all the loose end, remember they now have an National GO different from Pastor Adeboye which shows they have complied with the earlier regulation that a GO cannot be in position for more than 20 years, has that affected the ministry of RCCG or Pastor Adeboye? Get informed pls
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Goke7: 6:36pm On Aug 28, 2020
bezimo:

Enumerate the damage done?

confusing Christians on the true interpretation of the CAMA law and pitching them unnecessarily against the govt, meanwhile the govt is actually protecting the Christians to make Christian leaders more accountable to their church members, Oyedepo will have none of that as he doesn't want anyone asking him questions as regards church operations, we are not fooled bruv. What he said on his pulpit was actually different from what the law states
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bezimo(m): 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2020
agabusta:

To take a stand does not mean one is speaking against the church. I am a christian. However, this noise over the provision governing mismanagement of the registered entity under the new CAMA is overbloated.

If I asked you now if you know the Trustees of your church, I can take a wild guess that you only know either one or two out of all the persons on the Board.

Your Christianity has a big question mark that's if you are not confirmed fake.

I serve God in a unit in my church and i am very familiar with the board of the church and how they do things..I and will not support any law that has the tendency to undermine the functioning of the church. How can an Islamic satanic government that has promoted the killings of christians in the north put laws in place to remove trustee of a church and appoint who? And you think it's acceptable..my friend you are fake reprobate lying liar. Your Christianity is fake. No make ne vex abeg.

That churches need more openess based on what grounds and criteria? Have the government finished giving us openess in how the Nigerian money is looted and stolen..is church they now want to regulate..and you say you are Christian.. Fake..
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by MrColdsweat: 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2020
agabusta:

The openness will be done by us at our own will and time.

You cannot trust this satanists who are bent on eliminating Christianity in Nigeria to modify Christianity. No way.

I don't go to church, but I know this government well enough to reject their attempt at modifying Christianity.

Like what good have the government done for the common man since 2015?

Our youths are seated at home because of strike. People are being killed every second. And your problem is to modify Christianity.

Madness!

We are complaining that you have done nothing concerning the killing of Christians and you want to tamper with Christianity.

Why can't they go and modify the barbaric death sentence and the Quran laws which conflicts with the constitution?

These people are taking us for fools. We must resist them.

We have a long history with Muslims.

They hate us. They are barbarians. We must fight them if they refuse to take their hands off Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bezimo(m): 6:39pm On Aug 28, 2020
MrColdsweat:

You cannot trust this satanists who are bent on eliminating Christianity in Nigeria to modify Christianity. No way.

I don't go to church, but I know this government well enough to reject their attempt at modifying Christianity.

Our youths are seated at home because of strike. People are being killed every second. And your problem is to modify Christianity.

Madness!

We are complaining that you have done nothing concerning the killing of Christians and you want to tamper with Christianity.

Why can't they go and modify the barbaric death sentence and the Quran laws which conflicts with the constitution?

They hate us. They are barbarians. We must fight them if they refuse to take their hands off Christianity.

No mind them
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Goke7: 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2020
bezimo:

I serve God in a unit in my church and i am very familiar with the board of the church and how they do things..I and will not support any law that has the tendency to undermine the functioning of the church. How can an Islamic satanic government that has promoted the killings of christians in the north put laws in place to remove trustee of a church and appoint who? And you think it's acceptable..my friend you are fake reprobate lying liar. Your Christianity is fake. No make ne vex abeg.

That churches need more openess based on what grounds and criteria? Have the government finished giving us openess in how the Nigerian money is looted and stolen..is church they now want to regulate..and you say you are Christian.. Fake..

you are very ignorant, no law is undermining the functioning of any church, it even takes one-fifth of the organization or board to write a petition before the law can be applied through a court of law. You guys should read the law for yourself and stop listening to lies. The Pastors against the law are afraid that even their church members or board can now raise a petition in the case of a misconduct.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bezimo(m): 6:50pm On Aug 28, 2020
Goke7:

confusing Christians on the true interpretation of the CAMA law and pitching them unnecessarily against the govt, meanwhile the govt is actually protecting the Christians to make Christian leaders more accountable to their church members, Oyedepo will have none of that as he doesn't want anyone asking him questions as regards church operations, we are not fooled bruv. What he said on his pulpit was actually different from what the law states

So is that what you claim as damage...see how shallow and lame your response is..i thought your reference to damage is with respect to a particular event or series of events..

Accountable you say..based on what right?
How can a government that promote the killings of christians in the north put law in place to remove church trustee board..a church they have not funded. una dey mad?
Is it government that built the church?
Is it government that brought the members?
Is it government that gave church the money they have?
has the members complained that they need any government to step into their church?

How is it different from what these says..which is part of the CAMA law
That Government appointed registrer general of CAC can remove church trustees and appoint anybody!
That Government appointed registrer general of CAC can close church accounts!
That the decision cannot be challenged in court.

See make una no try nonsense..if not even if Bishop Oyedepo no talk them no born any government appointed trustee to step into Canaanland to say he wants to take charge. Members alone go give una better brutal beatings..
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Jesuscom: 6:53pm On Aug 28, 2020
Vice President has spoken well let Christian leaders rise and propose An amendment of the section of CAMA law immediately

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by agabusta: 6:54pm On Aug 28, 2020
bezimo:

Are you familiar with the provisions of this law? have you read it yourself to know if the allegations you are spilling are true? Study to shew yourself approved.

Under which conditions can an application be made against the Board of the Church? Will the court of law be involved in this process?

Christianity is not only about foaming in the mouth and ready to do battle. When Peter wanted to use that approach, what did our Lord say/do?

I have not in anyway abused you, and you have already abused me. Are you sure you are indeed christlike?
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bezimo(m): 6:55pm On Aug 28, 2020
Goke7:

you are very ignorant, no law is undermining the functioning of any church, it even takes one-fifth of the organization or board to write a petition before the law can be applied through a court of law. You guys should read the law for yourself and stop listening to lies. The Pastors against the law are afraid that even their church members or board can now raise a petition in the case of a misconduct.

You don't go to church neither are you a Christian.. so why are you interested in church matters and in removing their trustee board and pastor..if you are not a possesed demonic bastard devil..
Church trustee is part of the functioning of the church..they sanction the approval of statutory body members and church workers..and manage church money..and can write petition to head office for pastor to be removed..if you go to church you will know this things..instead of talking thrash.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by agabusta: 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2020
MrColdsweat:

Madness!

Modify Christianity? Chai, our people perish for lack of knowledge.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Goke7: 6:58pm On Aug 28, 2020
bezimo:

So is that what you claim as damage...see how shallow and lame your response is..i thought your reference to damage is with respect to a particular event or series of events..

Accountable you say..based on what right?
How can a government that promote the killings of christians in the north put law in place to remove church trustee board..a church they have not funded. una dey mad?
Is it government that built the church?
Is it government that brought the members?
Is it government that gave church the money they have?
has the members complained that they need any government to step into their church?

How is it different from what these says..which is part of the CAMA law
That Government appointed registrer general of CAC can remove church trustees and appoint anybody!
That Government appointed registrer general of CAC can close church accounts!
That the decision cannot be challenged in court.

See make una no try nonsense..if not even if Bishop Oyedepo no talk them no born any government appointed trustee to step into Canaanland to say he wants to take charge. Members alone go una better brutal beatings..

tell your pastor or bishop to de-register his church from CAC and he will be fine else he abides with the law of the land as no amount of beatings will solve any thing ok? na noise and threats una sabi make. while una no oepn church during the pandemic shut down with all the noise.

You lots are lawless and not different from the criminals terrorizing the land. You have appearances of godliness but deny the power thereof as scriptures teaches, no Christ-like behavior at all, always abuses, insults, curses and so on in the name of God.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bezimo(m): 6:59pm On Aug 28, 2020
agabusta:

Are you familiar with the provisions of this law? have you read it yourself to know if the allegations you are spilling are true? Study to shew yourself approved.

Under which conditions can an application be made against the Board of the Church? Will the court of law be involved in this process?

Christianity is not only about foaming in the mouth and ready to do battle. When Peter wanted to use that approach, what did our Lord say/do?

I have not in anyway abused you, and you have already abused me
. Are you sure you are indeed christlike?

Yes I am familiar with the law and you that is familiar tell me how my interpretation is wrong..

I abuse devils and curse them out.Heaven approves such..you are not a reasonable normal person..even proverbs encouraged me to answer stupid people like you in the way they deserve.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by agabusta: 7:01pm On Aug 28, 2020
bezimo:

You don't go to church neither are you a Christian.. so why are you interested in church matters and in removing their trustee board and pastor..if you are not a possesed demonic bastard devil..
Church trustee is part of the functioning of the church..they sanction the approval of statutory body members and church workers..and manage church money..and can write petition to head office for pastor to be removed..if you go to church you will know this things..instead of talking thrash.

You are definitely not a christian with these utterances. You are obviously someone claiming to be a christian in order to paint Christianity in bad light.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bezimo(m): 7:02pm On Aug 28, 2020
Goke7:

tell your pastor or bishop to de-register his church from CAC and he will be fine else he abides with the law of the land as no amount of beatings will solve any thing ok? na noise and threats una sabi make. while una no oepn church during the pandemic shut down with all the noise.

You lots are lawless and not different from the criminals terrorizing the land. You have appearances of godliness but deny the power thereof as scriptures teaches, no Christ-like behavior at all, always abuses, insults, curses and so on in the name of God.

Bastard devils like you should shut up..you don't go to church, dont give give in church and should keep quiet in this matter..your opinion is irrelevant.

Nobody will de-register any church..nobody will comply with any satanic CAMA law and nothing will happen. if them born una well go to Canaanland and protest if you no chop better brutal beatings to reset your stupid posseses brain..Nonsense
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Goke7: 7:02pm On Aug 28, 2020
bezimo:

If your church has no skeleton in its cupboard, they won't be afraid of CAMA but all is not truly well and you know it hence the fear.

Only the wicked runneth when no man pursueth according to scriptures. Churches who have a true functioning system has no issues with CAMA
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by agabusta: 7:03pm On Aug 28, 2020
bezimo:

Yes I am familiar with the law and you that is familiar tell me how my interpretation is wrong..

I abuse devils and curse them out.Heaven approves such..you are not a reasonable normal person..even proverbs encouraged me to answer stupid people like you in the way they deserve.

Heaven approves such? Where in the New Testament? And the way you certify someone a devil is if they have an opinion that differs from yours? Are you sure you are not the one who is actually a Devil?
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Goke7: 7:05pm On Aug 28, 2020
bezimo:

Bastard devils like you should shut up..you don't go to church, dont give give in church and should keep quiet in this matter..your opinion is irrelevant.

Nobody will de-register any church..nobody will comply with any satanic CAMA law and nothing will happen..if them born una well go to Canaanland and protest if you no chop better brutal beatings to reset your stupid posses brain..Nonsense

You are joking dear, your church will comply like they did during the shut down, all na noise. Like I said it's in your DNA like your pastors and bishops, always abusing and cursing others, that's the Christ-like example they gave you lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Thanksgiving At Stadium Uyo - Live Photos / Photos From 74th Birthday Parade For Pres. Buhari Today / 14 Out Of 35 Ministers Attending FEC As Osinbajo Presides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.