Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments (19701 Views)

CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent / Lauretta Onochie To Oyedepo Over Rejection Of CAMA: Build Your Own Country / Buhari’s title: No law states how a President should be addressed - NBA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by InaNla(f): 8:03am On Aug 28, 2020
post=93303788:
God save us........

In the fullness of time, you will get paid for all your atrocities against humanity.

Karma is a bitch!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Slimjorgor: 8:03am On Aug 28, 2020
You are in no position to judge, leave everything for GOD.
You want all the port-belly politicians to eying the financies of the church when there is nothing left in the nation's treasury
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Afolabimills(m): 8:03am On Aug 28, 2020
aremuforlife:

Who should it be?
Why are they afraid of the law?
It's like the Christians leaders are afraid of accountability.
so the church of God should be accountable to buhari who under his watch corruption as become comedy killing raping kiddnapping terrorisim nepotism lootacracy burning of churches it's his trade mark,pls becareful what u guys are imposing tax almost every corner yet they borrow even grain from ecowas who is buhari answerable to? Aisha just returned from Dubai while govt say int flight will resume September pls u guys becareful

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by babajero(m): 8:05am On Aug 28, 2020
yerokunphilips:
Wait ooo don't we have Christian in the house when the so called law was passed ? What were the Christian law makers looking ,? Some people are blaming Mr President for this ? Mr President is not the problem here, is our Christian law makers that should carry all the insults .
I think is time for CAN to call all Christian law makers and explain the sensitivity of such bill to them ,and pick one of them to lead the needed amendment of the law .
ONE THING I KNOW FOR SURE ,IF THE VICE PRESIDENT IS THE PRESIDENT THAT BILL ,WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF THE DAY . CHRISTIAN ARE TOO DOCILE ON THE ISSUE OF THEIR FAITH ,DO YOU THINK MY MUSLIMS BROTHERS IS ACCEPT SUCH BILL IN THE HOUSE ? WE ARE PEACE LOVING DOESN'T MEAN WE SHOULD BE FOOLISH . DO YOU HEAR WHAT THE GOVERNOR OF KANO SAID ,HE IS READY TO SIGN THE KILLING OF THAT MAN .HE IS DEFENDING HIS FAITH , CHRISTIAN TOO SHOULD STAND UP AND DEFEND THEIR FAITH LEGALLY AND PEACEFUL .
BEING A CHRISTIAN IS NOT SAME AS BEING STUPID .
WE SHOULD ALWAYS REMEMBER TURKEY THE HOME OF APOSTLE PAUL .
CHURCH SHOULD STAND UP AND DEFEND THIS FAITH , WITHOUT CARRYING STICK NOR GUNS.
GET THE BEST WRITERS LET THEM START WRITING AGAINST THE LAW AND CALL FOR AMENDMENT . TALK TO CHRISTIAN SANS TO STAND UP , FOR THEIR FAITH .
THANKS THE VICE PRESIDENT FOR SHOWING US THE WAY OUT .
GOD BLESS CHRISTIANS , MUSLIMS , TRADITIONAL WORSHIPPERS AND OTHER RELIGION.
GOD MR PRESIDENT
GOD BLESS THE VICE PRESIDENT
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Many of the people you call Christians in the national assembly are serial ritualists who only cares about the money to steal.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bezimo(m): 8:23am On Aug 28, 2020
osarog:
I support CAMA in its entirety. Pastors are scammers. They collect tithe and offering from the poor to build hospitals and schools for the rich. Buy prevent jets and live opulently.

One day government will be in total control of the all the money the gullible in our society give to these organized religious scamming bodies.

Did they scam you or your father?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bezimo(m): 8:25am On Aug 28, 2020
MrColdsweat:

If there's anyone to moderate Christianity in Nigeria, it should not be this satanic government that has deliberately aided in the slaughter of Christians.

It should not be this administration that has released terrorists.

It should not be this administration that set herdsmen and boko haram free. That pay killers to stop killing people.

Christians must reject this satanic imposition.

Exactly..some agents of the devil online and n nairaland are supporting the bill because they hate church..and pastors..by their comment you will know them.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bezimo(m): 8:27am On Aug 28, 2020
martineverest:
is the law meant for Christianity alone.. Muslims and non profit organizations are all affected too but pastors only lamented cos of their shady dealings

Is Nigerian not a secular state with Muslims and Christians..how many Christians are in position of authority in the parastatals?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bezimo(m): 8:29am On Aug 28, 2020
Jamjoon:
You must be a fake christian.

Moslems will NEVER control the church.

Senseless fellow.

That fake bastard agent of the devil talking chaff. Dont mind him
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by rummmy: 8:32am On Aug 28, 2020
yerokunphilips:
Wait ooo don't we have Christian in the house when the so called law was passed ? What were the Christian law makers looking ,? Some people are blaming Mr President for this ? Mr President is not the problem here, is our Christian law makers that should carry all the insults .
I think is time for CAN to call all Christian law makers and explain the sensitivity of such bill to them ,and pick one of them to lead the needed amendment of the law .
ONE THING I KNOW FOR SURE ,IF THE VICE PRESIDENT IS THE PRESIDENT THAT BILL ,WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF THE DAY . CHRISTIAN ARE TOO DOCILE ON THE ISSUE OF THEIR FAITH ,DO YOU THINK MY MUSLIMS BROTHERS IS ACCEPT SUCH BILL IN THE HOUSE ? WE ARE PEACE LOVING DOESN'T MEAN WE SHOULD BE FOOLISH . DO YOU HEAR WHAT THE GOVERNOR OF KANO SAID ,HE IS READY TO SIGN THE KILLING OF THAT MAN .HE IS DEFENDING HIS FAITH , CHRISTIAN TOO SHOULD STAND UP AND DEFEND THEIR FAITH LEGALLY AND PEACEFUL .
GET THE BEST WRITERS LET THEM START WRITING AGAINST THE LAW AND CALL FOR AMENDMENT . TALK TO CHRISTIAN SANS TO STAND UP , FOR THEIR FAITH .
GOD MR PRESIDENT
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
that is what you get when a Muslim is the president, senate president, speaker of the house, Chief judge, Chief of army staff, etc.. We say no to cama

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by rummmy: 8:33am On Aug 28, 2020
osarog:
I support CAMA in its entirety. Pastors are scammers. They collect tithe and offering from the poor to build hospitals and schools for the rich. Buy prevent jets and live opulently.

One day government will be in total control of the all the money the gullible in our society give to these organized religious scamming bodies.
is it your tithe mr?

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bezimo(m): 8:34am On Aug 28, 2020
rummmy:
is it your tithe mr?

No mind am..talking chaff..church he dont go.. give he dont give..yet running his possessed useless mouth on church matters.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by PrudencyFeats: 8:36am On Aug 28, 2020
desiredhome:

Propaganda/ignorant is killing Nigerians faster than any other thing....

Are you people not tired of this islamization nonsense?

Sir can you imagine when a government appointed minister begins to direct the affairs/activities of churches would become?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Ustec: 8:37am On Aug 28, 2020
yerokunphilips:
GOD MR PRESIDENT
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Na wa for you o,
CAMA act applies to both churches and mosques, so why are you making noise about it.
Only pastorpreneurs will complain about this.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bezimo(m): 8:39am On Aug 28, 2020
Imagine them setting a trustee and one imam or idiot man over Winners Chapel.. even if Bishop Oyedepo no talk all the members go gather give them better beating and drive them from the church premises..
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by honeyB2018: 8:44am On Aug 28, 2020
martineverest:
I'm a Christian.the law. wasn't meant for Christians alone,why are they the only one lamenting?

Your Christianity is doubt, if you say and think so. Those who are shouting, are no fools

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Ustec: 8:47am On Aug 28, 2020
bezimo:

Is Nigerian not a secular state with Muslims and Christians..how many Christians are in position of authority in the parastatals?
Christian's are hypocrite, they prefer to sell federal government slot meant for their relatives to an aboki man that will buy for his fellow aboki man.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by martineverest(m): 9:01am On Aug 28, 2020
simpleseyi:

They are lamenting because they are the ones passing Church leadership from Father to Son. Oyedepo just made his son the heir in chief about three years ago. Have you heard G.O. Adeboye rant about the Law? No, he does not own the Church and the next head of the Church after him is not his Son or wife or Daughter like Benson Idahosa did which Oyedepo has copied.
u nailed it..idahosa ownbis a typical example.his wife was in USA while the man was a pastor.by the time he died ,his wife and son inherited the church.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by martineverest(m): 9:02am On Aug 28, 2020
Guyman02:

The law was made by Muslims for Christians. Why is CAMA not saying that a court cannot sentence a member of a charity to death for blasphemy?
but when Obasanjo banned airing of miracles in TV ,why didn't CAN complain
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by martineverest(m): 9:04am On Aug 28, 2020
bezimo:
Imagine them setting a trustee and one imam or idiot man over Winners Chapel.. even if Bishop Oyedepo no talk all the members go gather give them better beating and drive them from the church premises..
government can never make an imam a trustee in church...that's where u guys are getting it wrong.a Christian will be imposed in church trustee and a Muslim in a Muslim trustee
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by martineverest(m): 9:04am On Aug 28, 2020
honeyB2018:

Your Christianity is doubt, if you say and think so. Those who are shouting, are no fools
why is adeboye not shouting too?.ask yourself that question

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by intruder15(m): 9:07am On Aug 28, 2020
Divisco:
[why is this man still one of RCtCG pastor

I am certain you didn't read the post. If you did and still typed this, am sorry for quoting you.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Openbusiness: 9:08am On Aug 28, 2020
simpleseyi:

All these rants are just in one sentence. What type of sensetense is this? Simple Sentence? Complex Sentence? Compound Sentence? Or Senseless Sentence?
One sentence Seyi go to primary school and learn the meaning of full stop first. Then you can come back and talk about sentence. Daz d way out of my mentions (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by oluxy(m): 9:09am On Aug 28, 2020
RuddyFusion:
Osibade is only speaking grammar

And for those quoting me below ...I stand by my submission that Osibade just spoke mere political grammar

Just like his statement on Southern Kaduna matter , what can he do after the grammar? Can he redirect the cause of the cabals who are bent on achieving a particular aim and purpose with this law?

Does he have any influence over them? Nope.....

I know what he want to achieve with his current streams of statements and comments on what the rulers of Nigeria are pursuing and those with eye can see that clearly....

Trash
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by intruder15(m): 9:10am On Aug 28, 2020
MANofMEN:
OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT
PRESS RELEASE

When asked by the moderator (Nduka Ogbeibena) if pastors are, by their actions, unwilling to be accountable in the management of their organizations, the Vice President said the issue is rather the fear of abuse of the law than avoiding accountability.

According to Prof. Osinbajo, “As a general position, I do not think it will be right to say that pastors don’t want to be accountable. I believe that several Christian organizations and pastors are willing to be accountable. The problems that they may have is ensuring that processes are not abused in such a way as to compromise the entire organization. And I think that if all that is required is some process of accountability, I think it will be easier for organizations to accept that.”

Laolu Akande
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media & Publicity
Office of the Vice President
27th August 2020

Respect my able V.P. You are truly learned. You buttressed my opinion on this issue. Nice knowing we relate on the same level WRT this.

Kudos
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by noonenotwo: 9:14am On Aug 28, 2020
martineverest:
I'm a Christian.the law. wasn't meant for Christians alone,why are they the only one lamenting?
i can tell u that u are not because u stand no chance to defend ur faith

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Joylove2324(f): 9:15am On Aug 28, 2020
smiley
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Zeesugar(f): 9:46am On Aug 28, 2020
I discovered that must of the individuals complaining about CAMA have not taken their time to study it properly.
It is not targeted against anyone.
It is a call to accountability, I see no reason for agitation.
It has been passed already the best that can be done is to seek for amendment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Ademoore07(m): 9:51am On Aug 28, 2020
backnbeta:
I'm glad he actually understands that accountability is not the problem here but the fear of abuse of the law by the government agencies involved, and that has been the argument all along! If it was about being accountable alone, it wouldn't have generated do much heat. I wonder why he has not used his good office to put CAN through on what to do to correct this and he had to wait till he was asked this question by the NBA before telling them what they can do. I hope CAN does the needful soon.
It seems u are d only one that understood what PYO was saying. The church doesnt trust the govt.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by desiredhome: 10:04am On Aug 28, 2020
PrudencyFeats:

Sir can you imagine when a government appointed minister begins to direct the affairs/activities of churches would become?
But the activities of some of these Churches are worst/dangerous than islamization we are crying of, the CAN that is supposed to regulate their activities seems too weak as some of the church owners feel too big to be under the CAN umbrella........
I feel it's all towards a better Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft / Fuel Scarcity: People Resort To Trekking In Warri, Delta State / Zamfara Police Return Matawalle's Properties To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.