Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments (19710 Views)

CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent / Lauretta Onochie To Oyedepo Over Rejection Of CAMA: Build Your Own Country / Buhari’s title: No law states how a President should be addressed - NBA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 28, 2020
osarog:
I support CAMA in its entirety. Pastors are scammers. They collect tithe and offering from the poor to build hospitals and schools for the rich. Buy prevent jets and live opulently.

One day government will be in total control of the all the money the gullible in our society give to these organized religious scamming bodies.

We Nigerians come on line to display knowledge of what is right yet, we cannot demand from our government who holds our money and resources but we want the church that we give 100naira to on Sunday to be accountable for our basic amenities....

this is a government that use tax payers money to build mosques in this country...

rehabilitate Boko Haram terrorist..

Send their children abroad and enrich themselves

go for medical care in abroad .

..I would have been happy with the CAMA law like you...but it’s corrupt government..and a religiously biased one at that, who would support the execution of a man becos he insulted another man..... it’s not like they would rob the church and fix the nation...how much is the money? All the money made in churches is not enough for one politician to steal....

So what are u happy about in this law?? Or it doesn’t matter to you as long as it makes you happy that church and pastors are dealt with,

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bdchange(m): 10:20am On Aug 28, 2020
I have listened to the CAMA acts and see that it is a good development for NGOs in which churches and mosques are included. I don't know why only the Pentecostal churches are against it while the Orthodox churches are okay with it. That only boil down to fear of being accountable since their pastors drive around in flashy cars and live in luxuries. I pray a day will come that I will go to church and any pastor will want to talk against CAMA. Then I will be there to educate such person. Yes clamour for amendments if required but stopping it from coming to light is failed already. I Stan with CAMA.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by chaloskyx: 10:26am On Aug 28, 2020
my own question is are mosques and places of worship by Muslims also affected by CAMA or it targets only churches
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Lovelive: 10:31am On Aug 28, 2020
yerokunphilips:
Wait ooo don't we have Christian in the house when the so called law was passed ? What were the Christian law makers looking ,? Some people are blaming Mr President for this ? Mr President is not the problem here, is our Christian law makers that should carry all the insults .
I think is time for CAN to call all Christian law makers and explain the sensitivity of such bill to them ,and pick one of them to lead the needed amendment of the law .
ONE THING I KNOW FOR SURE ,IF THE VICE PRESIDENT IS THE PRESIDENT THAT BILL ,WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF THE DAY . CHRISTIAN ARE TOO DOCILE ON THE ISSUE OF THEIR FAITH ,DO YOU THINK MY MUSLIMS BROTHERS IS ACCEPT SUCH BILL IN THE HOUSE ? WE ARE PEACE LOVING DOESN'T MEAN WE SHOULD BE FOOLISH . DO YOU HEAR WHAT THE GOVERNOR OF KANO SAID ,HE IS READY TO SIGN THE KILLING OF THAT MAN .HE IS DEFENDING HIS FAITH , CHRISTIAN TOO SHOULD STAND UP AND DEFEND THEIR FAITH LEGALLY AND PEACEFUL .
BEING A CHRISTIAN IS NOT SAME AS BEING STUPID .
WE SHOULD ALWAYS REMEMBER TURKEY THE HOME OF APOSTLE PAUL .
CHURCH SHOULD STAND UP AND DEFEND THIS FAITH , WITHOUT CARRYING STICK NOR GUNS.
GET THE BEST WRITERS LET THEM START WRITING AGAINST THE LAW AND CALL FOR AMENDMENT . TALK TO CHRISTIAN SANS TO STAND UP , FOR THEIR FAITH .
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Max24: 11:00am On Aug 28, 2020
Ahmed Lawan - Muslim
Gbajabiamila - Muslim
More reasons Christian's should not go to sleep. One day Christian's will wake up to find full -blown Sharia in the Constitution.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 11:08am On Aug 28, 2020
Grandmeister:

You’re a very ignorant Christian..it is this type of aloofness and ignorance that made the first Christian capital of the world In Antioch(turkey) fall(till today) to Islamic control.
What concerns or this or resembles what happened in Turkey centuries ago

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Nauttyprof(m): 11:19am On Aug 28, 2020
RuddyFusion:

Is speaking grammar part of his responsibility as VP?

What will he do after the grammar?

Does he have any influence over the cabal that's pursuing their agenda through the law?

Nah

If you read the post, you will see the message passed acrossed.

Is anyone talking about cabals here? He has just stated that amendments is possible when every other religious leader were voicing out on the law passed.

Please, be objective than resorting to this. Even law itself needs grammar.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Talkingoil(m): 11:28am On Aug 28, 2020
Divisco:
[why is this man still one of RCCG pastor
My brother I'm really ashamed of this man
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Talkingoil(m): 11:30am On Aug 28, 2020
yerokunphilips:
Wait ooo don't we have Christian in the house when the so called law was passed ? What were the Christian law makers looking ,? Some people are blaming Mr President for this ? Mr President is not the problem here, is our Christian law makers that should carry all the insults .
I think is time for CAN to call all Christian law makers and explain the sensitivity of such bill to them ,and pick one of them to lead the needed amendment of the law .
ONE THING I KNOW FOR SURE ,IF THE VICE PRESIDENT IS THE PRESIDENT THAT BILL ,WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF THE DAY . CHRISTIAN ARE TOO DOCILE ON THE ISSUE OF THEIR FAITH ,DO YOU THINK MY MUSLIMS BROTHERS IS ACCEPT SUCH BILL IN THE HOUSE ? WE ARE PEACE LOVING DOESN'T MEAN WE SHOULD BE FOOLISH . DO YOU HEAR WHAT THE GOVERNOR OF KANO SAID ,HE IS READY TO SIGN THE KILLING OF THAT MAN .HE IS DEFENDING HIS FAITH , CHRISTIAN TOO SHOULD STAND UP AND DEFEND THEIR FAITH LEGALLY AND PEACEFUL .
BEING A CHRISTIAN IS NOT SAME AS BEING STUPID .
WE SHOULD ALWAYS REMEMBER TURKEY THE HOME OF APOSTLE PAUL .
CHURCH SHOULD STAND UP AND DEFEND THIS FAITH , WITHOUT CARRYING STICK NOR GUNS.
GET THE BEST WRITERS LET THEM START WRITING AGAINST THE LAW AND CALL FOR AMENDMENT . TALK TO CHRISTIAN SANS TO STAND UP , FOR THEIR FAITH .
THANKS THE VICE PRESIDENT FOR SHOWING US THE WAY OUT .
GOD BLESS CHRISTIANS , MUSLIMS , TRADITIONAL WORSHIPPERS AND OTHER RELIGION.
GOD MR PRESIDENT
GOD BLESS THE VICE PRESIDENT
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

Same question I asked, what were the Christians in NA doing
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 28, 2020
martineverest:
I'm a Christian.the law. wasn't meant for Christians alone,why are they the only one lamenting?

Cos they know they might err and lose their businesses...

Muslims are also affected by the law, but they’re not wailing....

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by mentored: 11:55am On Aug 28, 2020
MANofMEN:
OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT
PRESS RELEASE

OSINBAJO TO CHURCH LEADERS:
CONCERNS ABOUT CAMA CAN BE ADDRESSED THROUGH AMMENDMENT BY NATIONAL ASSEMBLY

*VP adds: “We are in a democracy, there is a process by which things can be done”

In an effort to allay fears expressed by the leadership of the Church about the recently enacted Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA) 2020, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN has said concerns can be processed through possible amendment of the contentious section of the law through a proposal to the National Assembly.

The Vice President stated this on Thursday during a special conversation at the ongoing Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) Annual General Conference.

Responding to a question about reactions to CAMA, the Vice President said “what can be done is that, whatever the proposal for amendment may be, whatever the views of the leadership of the church may be, regarding the question of how the trustees, whether they are interim trustees or not, can be put in the form of a proposal that will be taken to the National Assembly for consideration for amendment to the law, that is the process which is entirely opened and ought to be pursued.”

Continuing, Prof. Osinbajo said “we are in a democracy and there is a process by which things can be done and that process is the one where you bring forward amendments to the National Assembly and they will do whatever is considered useful in the circumstance.”

Further clarifying the CAMA law, the Vice President said “it is a massive legislation that covers a wide range of issues on companies - general meetings, appointment of directors etc. Now, there is a small portion of it called the Incorporated Trustees Section, that small section of it is the section that regulates charities.

“Churches, Mosques and church organizations are regarded as charities. It is the Incorporated Trustees Section of the Companies and Allied Matters Act that has become controversial. And because churches are charities, the provisions in the incorporated trustees section obviously affect the churches.”

Speaking about the fears expressed by the Church, the Vice President said “what the Churches are concerned about is a provision that says that in the event that some wrong-doing is found to be perpetrated by the trustees of the particular organization or Church, the Registrar-General of the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) can go to court and get an order to appoint interim administrators or interim trustees for the Church or whichever charity organization and manage the organization.”

“The concern of the Churches is that it could lead to a situation where practically anybody could be appointed as a trustee to oversee the Church and a Church or a Mosque is a spiritual organization and if you do not share the same faith with the Church or Mosque, you may be the wrong person and if a wrong is appointed, you may create more trouble for the organization,” the Vice President added.

When asked by the moderator (Nduka Ogbeibena) if pastors are, by their actions, unwilling to be accountable in the management of their organizations, the Vice President said the issue is rather the fear of abuse of the law than avoiding accountability.

According to Prof. Osinbajo, “As a general position, I do not think it will be right to say that pastors don’t want to be accountable. I believe that several Christian organizations and pastors are willing to be accountable. The problems that they may have is ensuring that processes are not abused in such a way as to compromise the entire organization. And I think that if all that is required is some process of accountability, I think it will be easier for organizations to accept that.”

Laolu Akande
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media & Publicity
Office of the Vice President
27th August 2020

If not for my love for daddy G.O

rccg hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ok

Meanwhile

Oga is talking after law has been ascended.

Christianity in this part of the world mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

If I am American, mind you I will soon get there, I will still vote Trump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One Billion times

Imagine Trump in Oga's position and this kind of shit is going down!!!!!!!!!

My guy is Known for taking a stand.

Not speaking grammar
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Oracleforce: 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
RuddyFusion:
Osibade is only speaking grammar

And for those quoting me below ...I stand by my submission that Osibade just spoke mere political grammar

Just like his statement on Southern Kaduna matter , what can he do after the grammar? Can he redirect the cause of the cabals who are bent on achieving a particular aim and purpose with this law?

Does he have any influence over them? Nope.....

I know what he want to achieve with his current streams of statements and comments on what the rulers of Nigeria are pursuing and those with eye can see that clearly....

Trashy comment
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by agabusta: 1:18pm On Aug 28, 2020
backnbeta:
I'm glad he actually understands that accountability is not the problem here but the fear of abuse of the law by the government agencies involved, and that has been the argument all along! If it was about being accountable alone, it wouldn't have generated do much heat. I wonder why he has not used his good office to put CAN through on what to do to correct this and he had to wait till he was asked this question by the NBA before telling them what they can do. I hope CAN does the needful soon.

Christians have become too edgy these days. Any advice given to them is tagged propanganda. Did CAN take time to go through the laws before making noise all over?

In my church, the church elders received correspondence from CAN on the matter and were already fuming that CAC wants to remove trustees without going to court. I corrected them that there is a provision for approaching the court.

CAN should tell us other means the church board of trustees can be made accountable.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by RuddyFusion(m): 1:52pm On Aug 28, 2020
Oracleforce:

Trashy comment

The Trashy One....
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by RuddyFusion(m): 1:53pm On Aug 28, 2020
Nauttyprof:

If you read the post, you will see the message passed acrossed.

Is anyone talking about cabals here? He has just stated that amendments is possible when every other religious leader were voicing out on the law passed.

Please, be objective than resorting to this. Even law itself needs grammar.

You have a point there....but then what did he do before the passage of the law?
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Nauttyprof(m): 3:09pm On Aug 28, 2020
RuddyFusion:

You have a point there....but then what did he do before the passage of the law?

When the President is on seat, the Vice President has no say or power to go through what the President signs into law unless the President assigns his Vice to go through.

The said Bill was taken to the President to sign into law and can never be placed before the Vice when the President has not transferred such duty to his Vice in absential.

Just saying

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by MrColdsweat: 3:23pm On Aug 28, 2020
martineverest:
is the law meant for Christianity alone..Muslims and non profit organizations are all affected too,but pastors only lamented cos of their shady dealings

The law is not the problem. The problem is that, this satanic government must not be the one body to regulate Christianity.

An administration filled with Fulanis, who have deliberately supported and aided the killing of Christians should have no hand or say in Christian affairs.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by MrColdsweat: 3:23pm On Aug 28, 2020
aremuforlife:

Who should it be?
Why are they afraid of the law?
It's like the Christians leaders are afraid of accountability.

Another worshipper of the paedophile they call prophet.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by martineverest(m): 3:47pm On Aug 28, 2020
MrColdsweat:

The law is not the problem. The problem is that, this satanic government must not be the one body to regulate Christianity.

An administration filled with Fulanis, who have deliberately supported and aided the killing of Christians should have no hand or say in Christian affairs.
the law isn't regulating chritisianity....u aren't getting it.the law prevents pastor/imams from solely owning the church or allowing his kids or relatives to inherit the religious bodies like that of Benson idahosa.

if I may ask,did u see adeboye, Catholic , Anglican bishops,imams complaining about the law?...that's because they don't own their various worship centres.... oyedepo Is complaining cos his sons and sons-in-law are all board members of his church
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Goke7: 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2020
agabusta:

Christians have become too edgy these days. Any advice given to them is tagged propanganda. Did CAN take time to go through the laws before making noise all over?

In my church, the church elders received correspondence from CAN on the matter and was already fuming that CAC wants to remove trustees without going to court. corrected them that there is a provision for approaching the court.

CAN should tell us other means the church board of trustees can be made accountable.

@the bolded, this is the lie Oyedepo has successfully spread all across Christendom in Nigeria, it took me hours to explain the real truth on approaching the courts to an in-law of mine who is a pastor in rccg.

The damage Oyedepo and his ilk are doing to Christianity in Nigeria is a real cause for concern, why spread lies all over the country to Christians. I don't understand again o
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by honeyB2018: 4:48pm On Aug 28, 2020
martineverest:
why is adeboye not shouting too?.ask yourself that question

Because, he has realized his mistakes in bringing this government to power.
Was it not in one of his programs at Redemption camp, in 2014, that his members were asked to come with their voters card?
Was he not aware, that Osinbajo, will become the V.P?
Lots of Pentecostals are holding him responsible for any wrong doing by this government against the church.
How many Redeem members are in this government, so how can he talk.
I hold him in great respect and honor, don't allow me say things about him, I don't want to.
He is a man, just like us, and can make mistakes.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by martineverest(m): 4:54pm On Aug 28, 2020
honeyB2018:

Because, he has realized his mistakes in bringing this government to power.
Was it not in one of his programs at Redemption camp, in 2014, that his members were asked to come with their voters card?
Was he not aware, that Osinbajo, will become the V.P?
Lots of Pentecostals are holding him responsible for any wrong doing by this government against the church.
How many Redeem members are in this government, so how can he talk.
I hold him in great respect and honor, don't allow me say things about him, I don't want to.
He is a man, just like us, and can make mistakes.
but he complained in 2015 when similar bill was passed and he was deposed as general overseer
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by samtol4(m): 5:00pm On Aug 28, 2020
A government that release terrorists and killed innocent IPOB youths is not fit to deliberate on any issue concerning the church . A government that turn blind eye when innocent youths are killed in Enugu , suddenly want to regulate and control churches . A government that failed in all sectors suddenly want to stabilized accountability in church ? Can you point to one thing this government has done for Nigerians ? Billions of dollars stolen every year yet ordinary electricity we can boast of .Do you think if these big churches were run the way this government run thing they will be big today ? Show me any government in the world that release terrorists and kill innocent youths ?
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by honeyB2018: 5:01pm On Aug 28, 2020
I love to obey biblical injunctions, in dealing with elders and those in authority, if not, I would have addressed Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, in a bad light.
Is he saying, as a. Christian and pastor, he was not aware of the provisions of this Act?
If so, what is he there for?
Like I have always said here over this CAMA 2020, if pastors and churches, want to be irresponsible, they have no business, registering with the CAC. It's because they want to be, hence they registered. My point is, who consulted the church over this? What was the church input over this amendments?
What was the purpose and thinking of those that did this?
If they Muslims were affected, as the Christians, will Nigeria, have know any peace by now.
Prof. Yemi Osinbajo and his fellow Redeemites, in this government, have failed the church. That is why, Daddy Adeboye is not talking.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by honeyB2018: 5:16pm On Aug 28, 2020
martineverest:
the law isn't regulating chritisianity....u aren't getting it.the law prevents pastor/imams from solely owning the church or allowing his kids or relatives to inherit the religious bodies like that of Benson idahosa.

if I may ask,did u see adeboye, Catholic , Anglican bishops,imams complaining about the law?...that's because they don't own their various worship centres.... oyedepo Is complaining cos his sons and sons-in-law are all board members of his church

Lots of you, don't know, what is involved in this amendments. Those who know and understands and are shouting, know what that are saying.
This amendments, if allowed to stand, is a recipe to crisis in the Pentecostal churches.
The Catholic church and others in their category, know for sure, they are not the target. The target of this amendment, is the Pentecostal churches. Adeboye, with all due respect, is not talking, because, him and his church, the RCCG, helped in bringing this government into power, so how can he oppose them. Go through the body language of the RCCG and their leaders, before the general elections in 2015.
Did Prof. Osinbajo emerge from the moon.
Baba Adeboye, is a man, I hold in great respect and honor, but what is at stake, is more than an individual.
I'm against this controversial section in this amendment, in all ramification. Period
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bezimo(m): 5:21pm On Aug 28, 2020
martineverest:
government can never make an imam a trustee in church...that's where u guys are getting it wrong.a Christian will be imposed in church trustee and a Muslim in a Muslim trustee

Even at that..the members who love Bishop Oyedepo finished will not agree.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by bezimo(m): 5:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
Ustec:

Christian's are hypocrite, they prefer to sell federal government slot meant for their relatives to an aboki man that will buy for his fellow aboki man.

Based on what evidence?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Buhari Is Seen To Be Underperforming, His Govt Is Hijacked - Lawal Idris / Sanwo-Olu Promising To End Apapa Warf Gridlock In The First 100 Days (Throwback) / Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.