Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:26 AM

Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency (16823 Views)

Bolaji Agoro Dies Awaiting Confirmation As Judge In Oyo / Ex-President Candidate, Olapade Agoro Dies At 77 / Olapade Okunola, RCCG Pastor Wins Accord Party Governorship Ticket In Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency by BuchiPrinzy: 9:55am On Aug 28, 2020
Did he say TINUBU?
Re: Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency by kingzizzy: 9:56am On Aug 28, 2020
tsspsolutions:

Relax, answer this question. Did the Southwest want Obasanjo in 1999? Some people said they wanted to compensate us for Abiola's saga, we presented two candidates yet the rest of you went ahead to vote for the particular candidate we didn't want. Please don't accuse the Southwest of greed.

What you just said shows the greediness of the South West. In 1999, Nigerians zoned the presidency to the South West, now you are here complaining that Nigerians did not vote your preferred South West candidate??

Some zones have not even had a shot at the Presidency for more than 50 years and you are complaining that you got the Presidency but not the right candidate?

Greediness
Re: Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency by nogragra: 9:59am On Aug 28, 2020
Just for the records........Yorubas must know their enemies and must deal with them without mercy when God finally give them into their hands. Mark my words, it will definitely come to pass, no matter how long it takes. These Fulanis are nothing but children of devil, including the one who called himself the president of Nigeria. They are No 1 enemies of yoruba people. God will soon reappoint a new Moses for the Yoruba nation but here is the warning, my yoruba people stay away from idol worshiping and rituals to see the full blessing of God Almighty, remember what happened the other day on the foot of mount Sinnai and also the general misdemeanure and stubborness of the Israelites, typically found in Yorubas of today and leaving Muric animals to go scort free despite all their back biting. Whoever is snitching on yoruba nation and deviating from our common single voice must henceforth be dealt with decisively no matter who they are whether they are tinubu of this world or Akintola, or any bagga they must face the rath of the people. Second enemy of Yoruba people are the children of demons called igbo the people who live by lie for lie and crime, the truth is upon all yorubas do for these good for nothing people (Igbos) they never blink to work against a yoruba son or daughter (History and present has shown)or our collective progression, whether it concern them or not. The last one is China who are typically planning to annex the whole world (they will soon meet their waterloo theough yoruba liberation, believe it or not) and will use useless unpatriotic leaders like Hausa fulani, igbos and other leaders of African nations as we see in Zambia, to steal sovereighnty of a nation. Yorubas must watch the kind of contract, Nigeria mofos leaders make with china over Yoruba land and they too must never sell land outrightly to any non-yorubas but must only go on short-term renewable lease only, of 10 years max. It is time yorubas begin to put structures in place to be controlled by their kit and kins (they have made yorubas poor despite plenty and have lied we don't have anything but God has indeed blessed us supassingly in yorubaland). Starting with Aare Ona Kakanfo who must reorganise a new effective military structure ( Not the politicised, ineffective amotekun that has arrived dead against the wishes of the people, no thanks to Fayemi and tinubu yoruba must warn and mark the two no play this time because enough is enough). It must have a new name perhaps renewed OPC, Odua force etc............ These should incorporate modern technology, Airforce army and navy and must be absolutely yoruba controlled. To move forward no yoruba structures must obey the Nigeria government henceforth and all yorubas must be encouraged to key into Oodua struction of command instead. THEY MUST PUT IN PLACE INDEPENDENT FINANCIAL STRUCTURE AND EVEN BORROW MONEY FROM UNDERSTANDING NATIONS, IN LIEU OF INDEPENDENCE, TO PROSECUTE WAR THAT MAY ENSUE AS A RESULT OF RECALCITRANT FULANI BELIGERENCE AND IGBO REVENGE STUPIDITY. Yorubas must be very serious for once about their very existence and their God given resources and must not see the journey ahead as not easy but its already summountable as God has began dealing with our enemies before the first shot is fired. we typically will love it to be peace full. However, a two sided matchet is called a sword not cutlass. In every plan their must always be a plan B when other ugly things outside the plan rear their ugly heads. mone is yorubas must factor all these into their plan and rest assured GOD WILL BLESS ALL OUR EFFORS. Yorubas be brave and yoruba ronu.
Re: Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency by ezenna191(m): 10:02am On Aug 28, 2020
A man who does not believe in one Nigeria. He will obviously tear the country apart after looting it dry. Check out his antecedents. One of the most corrupt Nigerians and terrible leaders.
Re: Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency by tsspsolutions: 10:07am On Aug 28, 2020
kingzizzy:

What you just said shows the greediness of the South West. In 1999, Nigerians zoned the presidency to the South West, now you are here complaining that Nigerians did not vote your preferred South West candidate??

Some zones have not even had a shot at the Presidency for more than 50 years and you are complaining that you got the Presidency but not the right candidate?

Greediness

It's not greediness since we failed to have what we wanted.
Re: Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 28, 2020
Anyiamaka:
Simply say Tinubu is your choice for 2023 presidency. We will understand. But don't insult the rest of the south like the normal belly-face politicians.
In what presidential areas was he evaluated? Tell me one thing Buhari's govt did wrong that Tinubu opposed or condemned! As a friend of the president, what reasonable advice has he ever given on how to improve our economy or infrastructure or any sectors even as the acclaimed leader of the APC. Has his position in APC improved the party's image and public perception. Can Nigerians really say that Tinubu's APC is our real deal in politics? His presidency will be worse than business as usual we have had over the years and the South has many better candidates than Jagaban.
As governor of Lagos, can Tinubu be judged to be the best Lagos ever had?
When did we start to consider vices not virtues, in determining who becomes what?
What about the bullion van case? The American drug case? The loothing in Lagos? The Alpha Betta case? Etc etc.
How old is Tinubu?
What is his health like?
Why shouldn't he be resting as a statesman.
The South can offer better candidates: this is not the president Nigeria deserves.

Many might be liking your comment but you and all of them don't seem to understand the politics of Nigeria. It's not based on competence. It's based of political allies, structure, funding, religion, etc.

There are far more intelligent people in Nigeria who wouldn't win their ward.
Re: Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency by Anyiamaka: 10:12am On Aug 28, 2020
LAguy:

From the beginning u sounds good"SIMPLY SAY TINUBU IS YOUR CHOICE"! fine, but reading along till end, you sounds myopic trying claiming to know what u don't understand. Well I understand that u are been worried by strong aversion mind u have against the man "JAGABAN".
Anyway, we don't care about your opinion cause it doesn't have stand. We count on our own, final.

If you sincerely counted on "your own", you would not have bothered replying me. I understand your insecurities. Lol and pitiable my opinion like all opinions count and must count. Tinubu can be president but he is clearly not the best from the south. He should actually have been engaged for due prosecutions of his infractions, bad corrupt practices, drug deals, money laundering/bullion can etc. Let no man play God lest grace departs from him
Re: Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency by Anyiamaka: 10:13am On Aug 28, 2020
Princeramco1:
IPOB miscreants.you didn't lament about ur people doing prostitution at Amuwo Odofin or is Asiwaju responsible for that?. IPOB wailers will always portray bad images for the betterment of this country.Or who do you have in ur Igbo land that has credibility like Asiwaju? Just name one Wailer

You are a loser!
Re: Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency by pmoye(m): 10:14am On Aug 28, 2020
Arindin... Alatenuje. Oniranu. Maybe for your papa house.

Tinubu ko, Tinu-pothole ni.

nairavsdollars:

https://www.independent.ng/tinubu-wont-step-down-for-any-apc-presidential-aspirant-in-2023-agoro/
Re: Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency by Colonelswitz101(m): 10:16am On Aug 28, 2020
seyi360:

From where did all these mannerless, rude and crude kids come from?
Can't you make your point without raining abuses on your father's age mate?
All you have is data and you dare insult your father's contemporary
You lack home training.
U too should shut up grandpa, who una old age help?
Why won't u support him because u believe ones u are old it's then ur right to be unreasonable. Wen are we going to move into the future wen all we do is recycle old cargos with tired n exhausted braincells to manage a country blessed with so much young intellectuals?
Can't u guys call a spade a spade? In ur mind age supercedes truth right?
Please u old fellers should leave Nigeria for us to rebuild it's remnants. After many years that this same man ruled Lagos State, he still got his hands deep in Lagos State purse n now u want us to fold our arms n watch same old criminal take up the number one position in this country. It will never happen sir
Re: Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency by Yankee101: 10:22am On Aug 28, 2020
If true then I pity the south
Re: Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency by Emmanuelolu1000: 10:25am On Aug 28, 2020
100% correct. Design your business logo for 2000naira. If interested, check my signature. Thank you!
Re: Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency by magicminister: 10:26am On Aug 28, 2020
hmohammed:

Some of you guys just talk without thinking. Which one is detribalized again in this matter. Please can you tell me just one instance that Tinubu had played tribal politics/war with anyone?

Your father talks without thinking!
Re: Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency by kingzizzy: 10:28am On Aug 28, 2020
tsspsolutions:

It's not greediness since we failed to have what we wanted.

Well you people will have to wait until others get what you already had, which is 8 year Presidency voted in by the majority, then we can start talking about what you want.
Re: Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency by rolams(m): 10:28am On Aug 28, 2020
What's this one saying? Tifnubu of all people! What happen to Adesina, Oshibajo still better than the landlord of Lagos!
Re: Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency by kaludestiny10(m): 10:31am On Aug 28, 2020
You deserve an award for this your write up.
Very precise and straight to the point.
Anyiamaka:
Simply say Tinubu is your choice for 2023 presidency. We will understand. But don't insult the rest of the south like the normal belly-face politicians.
In what presidential areas was he evaluated? Tell me one thing Buhari's govt did wrong that Tinubu opposed or condemned! As a friend of the president, what reasonable advice has he ever given on how to improve our economy or infrastructure or any sectors even as the acclaimed leader of the APC. Has his position in APC improved the party's image and public perception. Can Nigerians really say that Tinubu's APC is our real deal in politics? His presidency will be worse than business as usual we have had over the years and the South has many better candidates than Jagaban.
As governor of Lagos, can Tinubu be judged to be the best Lagos ever had?
When did we start to consider vices not virtues, in determining who becomes what?
What about the bullion van case? The American drug case? The loothing in Lagos? The Alpha Betta case? Etc etc.
How old is Tinubu?
What is his health like?
Why shouldn't he be resting as a statesman.
The South can offer better candidates: this is not the president Nigeria deserves.

1 Like

Re: Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency by Akano5(m): 10:47am On Aug 28, 2020
Re: Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency by Akano5(m): 10:47am On Aug 28, 2020
Re: Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency by Anyiamaka: 10:51am On Aug 28, 2020
seguntijan:

on giving advice to the presidency, Tinubu does that every year through him colloquium, try to download his speech since 2015, he's always using that platform to pass his message and of course we won't know what he's doing privately also and note that it is one thing to give advice and it is another to follow it.

On if his personality has improved APC, i want to believe you want to be sarcastic on this because there's no APC without TINUBU.
TINUBU politics might not be our real deal in Nigeria but I don't see any living politician that has a sound political ideology as TINUBU.

About TINUBU been the best governor Lagos had is also a fallacy, Tinubu fought Almighty OBJ, Lagos was denied allowances, Lagos survived on IGR during his time, he received no federal support and my brother his establishment of agencies during his time is what we're proud of presently in Lagos that other states throughout the federation are imbibing. let me be more practical with you, do research on when LAWMA was formed, do research on all other 34 states waste management authority also and see the pioneer, same goes of LASTMA, LAMATA and all, and apart from generating revenue, they provide jobs for millions.

On bullion van case, I just laugh at you guys, until you prove the content of the van, you're speaking in rubbish.

Looting in Lagos? in as much as all politicians are corrupt in this country, I'll still tell you that TINUBU looting is better than others. He's a smart, intelligent Looter. most of his looting (which of course is not yet proven) was as a result of his Public Private Partnership. let's take Lekki-Epe expressway for example, he invested in roads and facilitate smooth driving for commuters, he brought in investor, buy or seek for percentage and get his money from there. though it should be frown on but which is better compared to Allison that stole without any physical presence in the country, took it abroad and change nationality. which is perculiar to all our politicians.

The south has enormous candidate that can function as the presidency we but that doesn't make them better than Tinubu, if we talk about Adeshina, he's a versatile technocrats with brilliancy but Adeshina was still in University when Tinubu was Treasurer of Mobil, Ngozi Iweala was still battling with PhD, Osinbajo was still finding his feet also. if Tinubu had pursue private life also he'll be an engima. this can be proven by the kind of people he's breeding. ALL OF THEM ARE TECHNOCRATS, from BRF to Ambode to Hamzat to Abiru and all.

We need his Public and private experience in affairs of the country, NO POLITICIAN IN NIGERIA CAN BOAST OF THAT, DEAD OR ALIVE. IF TINUBU DECIDE TO DO THE RIGHT THING, HE'S THE BEST FIT FOR THE JOB

Lagos was already made; nationally acknowledged to be the center of excellence before Tinubu's governorship.

Tinubu can be president but he is not the best the South can offer. I know all the above you claim he represents and all you think is in his favour.
More factors militate against this cause than advances it.
1) He is an old man like Buhari. Nigerians are tired of leaders who all they have to offer is that they occupy leadership positions.
2) Tinubu is a Muslim. My 2023, Buhari would have spent 8yrs as a muslim who is president. Why must another Muslim succeed him when muslims have lead much longer than Christians and yet Nigeria is not better off.
3) Tinubu nominated the present Vice President for Nigeria so that he can be an integral part of the politics and governance. In addition, he has the ears of the president who is his personal friend. How has that made Nigeria better in the past 5years?
4) Tinubu nominated ministers, heads of agencies, party leaders etc etc as people claim he is that good with technocrats. Has their inputs given Nigeria a facelift in any sectors of the economy?
5)Tinubu comes from South West, the same region that by 2023 would have produced president for 8yrs and Vice President for 8yrs. Is South West the only region in the South?
6) Tinubu represents everything Nigerians believe is holding their country down- corruption. Should we continue to sweep that under and pretend everything is fine.
7) I can go on and on, but let me pause a little because I also care about your feedback and I can developed my thoughts in essays advancing why Tinubu should not be president at all.
cool In 2007, Yar'Dua won the acclaimed almighty, all influential, all popular Buhari. Obasanjo had done it before in 2003 and a "small boy" from Otuoke repeated the same feat from obscurity in 2011.
There are many persons in the South without baggage like Jagaban that can fix Nigeria and the only reason Tinubu will be president in 2023 is that he wants to be president not that he has the magic wand to fix Nigeria.

On a final note, Tinubu's presidential bid, like the Buhari's presidency when juxtaposed with fixing Nigerian is akin to "creating desolation to call it peace"
Re: Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency by onward4life(m): 10:59am On Aug 28, 2020
J111333:
The whole South must be full of goats and not humans. undecided

No infact it is filled with

Something way worst!!!
Re: Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency by middlebelter(m): 11:01am On Aug 28, 2020
I don't agree with you. What of Prof Yemi Osibanjo or a neutral candidate from SE that believes in the unity of Nigeria? Must we always parade Muslim president back-to-back? Are we saying we can't get a good hand from SE? or is the Vice President also a bad candidate? I am not against Asiwaju Tinubu but I just feel the man is best as a Kingmaker that he is now.
Re: Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency by lordess(m): 11:11am On Aug 28, 2020
If Tinubu is the only politician that the south west can
produce, then I am sorry.

There is absolutely no hope for this nation at all

1 Like

Re: Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency by Anyiamaka: 11:14am On Aug 28, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Many might be liking your comment but you and all of them don't seem to understand the politics of Nigeria. It's not based on competence. It's based of political allies, structure, funding, religion, etc.

There are far more intelligent people in Nigeria who wouldn't win their ward.

The forest was shrinking, yet the trees kept voting the axe because its hand is made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

The aim is not to get likes and shares. I simply replied Dr Agoro where I read him.
Relatively unknown and poor Shagari won Zik, Awolowo in presidential election in this same country. All powerful Abiola never ruled Nigeria.
Relatively unknown Umaru Yar'Dua won their god Buhari in 2011 and Jonathan won Atiku and Buhari in presidential elections. You understand politics in a way it doesn't work, like it has a hard and fast rule.
Re: Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency by Dayvidblue: 11:16am On Aug 28, 2020
Ayomi90:

But u guys want Biafra, y ar u bordered?
Untill then, but for the moment we still are entitled to the privileges of citizens until the union crumbles.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NPA: How Hadiza Bala-Usman disobeyed Presidential Directives Leading To Sack / Governors Move To Stop The Planned Protest Over Fuel Price Hike / Taskforce Brutalise Otodo Gbame Residents Protesting Illegal Eviction By Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.