Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,465 members, 7,830,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? (37956 Views)

Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! / My Experience With Sleep Paralysis / Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by manychallenges: 11:10am On Aug 30, 2020
AlwaysMotun:
I don't know why people are saying it's natural... I have been having this for years, I mean years ooo... Just keep praying bro... Everyone I talk to said I should keep praying too... May God help us out of it
And is your life going smoothly? No delays and disappointment or whatsoever?
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by HMarshal(m): 11:11am On Aug 30, 2020
manychallenges:
I first experienced it when I was so young, I think when I was just around 6 years old, it was few minutes after we finished vigil in church, yeah, I first experienced it right inside the church. I was just lying there conscious but I couldn't moved any parts of my body but after few seconds, I regained my freedom, and till now I haven't told anyone about it.

And since then, I've been experiencing sleep paralysis but not everyday, maybe once or twice in months, even sometimes weeks.

And I always felt someone or creature or spirit pinning me down, it always very difficult for me to do anything or move at all despite the fact that am awake, this ain't exaggeration, I always feels/felt someone pinning me down during the periods.

This morning own was something else, it was as if the someone is into me somehow, I slept on my side, and I felt someone pinning me down from back like aggressively cuddling me. It was horrified. My asshole is even doing me somehow or its just my mind playing trick. Only heard about spirit wife, is there gay spirit as well? embarassed

I don't sleep naked and am a male of 26. Is sleep paralysis normal or my own could be spiritual? Am a Christian but not "real" Christian like that, only go to church once awhile.

God should just have mercy on me, I've been going through a lot couple challenges and this is even least of them.

What do you think?

The human mind is programmed to give a "definition" to any & everything.
That's y an adult won't stare hard @a car,house,friends,etc but a baby would.cos it's brain is beginning it's "definition & storage".

Wateva humans can't define scares the hell out of them.

We keep undermining by trying to physically explain the influence of the spiritual on the physical,prolly untill we all die, can we see from that side.

Even if first hand witnesses tell of their experiences,itld still be in serious doubt.

"Sleep paralysis",another physical explanation of the the spiritual & a bid to ease the fear that really it is a "spiritual influenced world we live".

Itld be clear to us all someday.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Rejoice28(f): 11:22am On Aug 30, 2020
It's spiritual nobody should tell me otherwise,I was home alone one day and I received a heavy kick and woke up with so much force and this sleep paralysis happened immediately...who can explain what happened?who kicked me? My Brain? Was it trying to send signal to my body undecided

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Obamaofusa: 11:26am On Aug 30, 2020
Up to as many as four out of every 10 people may have sleep paralysis. This common condition is often first noticed in the teen years. But men and women of any age can have it. Sleep paralysis may run in families. Other factors that may be linked to sleep paralysis include:

Lack of sleep
Sleep schedule that changes
Mental conditions such as stress or bipolar disorder
Sleeping on the back
Other sleep problems such as narcolepsy or nighttime leg cramps
Use of certain medications, such as those for ADHD
Substance abuse
How Is Sleep Paralysis Diagnosed?

If you find yourself unable to move or speak for a few seconds or minutes when falling asleep or waking up, then it is likely you have isolated recurrent sleep paralysis. Often there is no need to treat this condition.

Most people need no treatment for sleep paralysis. Treating any underlying conditions such as narcolepsy may help if you are anxious or unable to sleep well. These treatments may include the following:

Improving sleep habits -- such as making sure you get six to eight hours of sleep each night
Using antidepressant medication if it is prescribed to help regulate sleep cycles
Treating any mental health problems that may contribute to sleep paralysis
Treating any other sleep disorders, such as narcolepsy or leg cramps

There's no need to fear nighttime demons or alien abductors. If you have occasional sleep paralysis, you can take steps at home to control this disorder. Start by making sure you get enough sleep. Do what you can to relieve stress in your life -- especially just before bedtime. Try new sleeping positions if you sleep on your back. And be sure to see your doctor if sleep paralysis routinely prevents you from getting a good night's sleep.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 30, 2020
frainc:

[s][/s]Oh, my bad for educating a boy who could not even stand on a point

Is the jargons you replied and my first comment on the same line? No

I'm done with your type
You haven't answered my question. undecided
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 30, 2020
manychallenges:
I first experienced it when I was so young, I think when I was just around 6 years old, it was few minutes after we finished vigil in church, yeah, I first experienced it right inside the church. I was just lying there conscious but I couldn't moved any parts of my body but after few seconds, I regained my freedom, and till now I haven't told anyone about it.

And since then, I've been experiencing sleep paralysis but not everyday, maybe once or twice in months, even sometimes weeks.

And I always felt someone or creature or spirit pinning me down, it always very difficult for me to do anything or move at all despite the fact that am awake, this ain't exaggeration, I always feels/felt someone pinning me down during the periods.

This morning own was something else, it was as if the someone is into me somehow, I slept on my side, and I felt someone pinning me down from back like aggressively cuddling me. It was horrified. My asshole is even doing me somehow or its just my mind playing trick. Only heard about spirit wife, is there gay spirit as well? embarassed

I don't sleep naked and am a male of 26. Is sleep paralysis normal or my own could be spiritual? Am a Christian but not "real" Christian like that, only go to church once awhile.

God should just have mercy on me, I've been going through a lot couple challenges and this is even least of them.

What do you think?

That shit was happening to me on a regular basis until I learnt never to cross my legs while sleeping.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 30, 2020
Obamaofusa:

Up to as many as four out of every 10 people may have sleep paralysis. This common condition is often first noticed in the teen years. But men and women of any age can have it. Sleep paralysis may run in families. Other factors that may be linked to sleep paralysis include:

Lack of sleep
Sleep schedule that changes
Mental conditions such as stress or bipolar disorder
Sleeping on the back
Other sleep problems such as narcolepsy or nighttime leg cramps
Use of certain medications, such as those for ADHD
Substance abuse
How Is Sleep Paralysis Diagnosed?

If you find yourself unable to move or speak for a few seconds or minutes when falling asleep or waking up, then it is likely you have isolated recurrent sleep paralysis. Often there is no need to treat this condition.

Most people need no treatment for sleep paralysis. Treating any underlying conditions such as narcolepsy may help if you are anxious or unable to sleep well. These treatments may include the following:

Improving sleep habits -- such as making sure you get six to eight hours of sleep each night
Using antidepressant medication if it is prescribed to help regulate sleep cycles
Treating any mental health problems that may contribute to sleep paralysis
Treating any other sleep disorders, such as narcolepsy or leg cramps

There's no need to fear nighttime demons or alien abductors. If you have occasional sleep paralysis, you can take steps at home to control this disorder. Start by making sure you get enough sleep. Do what you can to relieve stress in your life -- especially just before bedtime. Try new sleeping positions if you sleep on your back. And be sure to see your doctor if sleep paralysis routinely prevents you from getting a good night's sleep.

The solution is simple. Just don't cross your legs while sleeping.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 30, 2020
AlwaysMotun:
I don't know why people are saying it's natural... I have been having this for years, I mean years ooo... Just keep praying bro... Everyone I talk to said I should keep praying too... May God help us out of it

Make sure you don't cross your legs while sleeping.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 30, 2020
Offpoint:

Lol, 90% of sleep paralysis happens to those experience it most when they sleep very late or when very stressed.

Try staying awake till late 4am or so and see if you won't experience it

I experience it at anytime of the day or night and it happens when my legs are crossed or tangled with my partner's when I sleep. Even if I doze of watching tv on the couch, once my legs are crossed, withing seconds I could feel that monster taking over and trying to pin me down until i learnt never to cross my legs while sleeping or even napping.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by LordOfTheGame: 12:24pm On Aug 30, 2020
manychallenges:
I don't also have any anxiety over it anymore but just that this morning own was just too real and somehow..

First of all, you have to change your Monika. Almost everyone you know has one challenge or the other but bearing yours as a "name" sounds like acceptance and ready to live with them. Your mindset is an other thing to change, not everything that happens to us are spiritual but when your mind is fixed or conditioned to reason or believe in certain ways, almost everything will be fine narrowed down towards same ways.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by manychallenges: 12:36pm On Aug 30, 2020
Xda59:

That shit was happening to me on a regular basis until I learnt never to cross my legs while sleeping.
And it worked? Would try that..
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by manychallenges: 12:38pm On Aug 30, 2020
LordOfTheGame:

First of all, you have to change your Monika. Almost everyone you know has one challenge or the other but bearing yours as a "name" sounds like acceptance and ready to live with them. Your mindset is an other thing to change, not everything that happens to us are spiritual but when your mind is fixed or conditioned to reason or believe in certain ways, almost everything will be fine narrowed down towards same ways.
I understand everyone is going through one thing or another but mine is numerous my brother. Don't lemme list them here, because it gonna sound as if am just looking for sympathy..

But all gonna be well one day

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Proffdada: 12:38pm On Aug 30, 2020
ModestGal:

My dear, you are gradually running mad, go see a psychologist. If your sleep paralysis is attached with all that. And if you like continue to think its spiritual, by the time you completely run mad, you will understand
You're already mad for quoting me. Your inexperience to the spiritual doesn't make you on same level. Please break yourself from the devils bond blinding you

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 30, 2020
MrColdsweat:

You're exhibiting the confidence that comes with stupidity.

Firstly, I have never claimed to be religious. Therefore, for you to claim and infer from your claim that I am religious, means you're actually the stupid one because stupidity is nothing but a mental deficiency which causes inference from wrong claims and results in poor judgment.

Secondly, you're suffering from blindness because you are seeing the world through science and have refused to see the world outside science. An intelligent mind would look at the world in several perspectives because the world is vast and infinite to even look at it from a limited scope like science.

For you to claim that there is no spirituality in the universe means, you must know everything that exists in the universe. It's like claiming, that there is nobody named karash in Nigeria. For you to make such claim, it means you know the names of everyone in Nigeria.

Can you see how stupid your claim is?

Go and take crash course on philosophy of science to see the deficiencies on science. I will not educate you for free.

"An intelligent mind would look at the world in several perspectives"

The talks of a religiously stupid and superstitious person.

"It's like claiming, that there is nobody named karash in Nigeria. For you to make such claim, it means you know the names of everyone in Nigeria. "

This is daft ans unrelated
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by LordOfTheGame: 12:45pm On Aug 30, 2020
manychallenges:
I understand everyone is going through one thing or another but mine is numerous my brother. Don't lemme list them here, because it gonna sound as if am just looking for sympathy..

But all gonna be well one day

Domt list them yet cos that might appear like acceptance of defeat. Also do not mind some of all these "whites" wanna be who ascribed everything to science. Yes, I know that there's is science and also religion but the highest religion or science is your inner mind. Work on it and free your mind.

See you at the top, bro...

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by perpeling22(f): 12:49pm On Aug 30, 2020
yanabasee1:
Very normal thing....

It's not normal at all. It is called suppression. You can be suppressed by evil powers be it witches, or occultic powers. You need power from above to fight it. Intensify your prayer life. Fasting and midnight prayers. You will come out victoriously. There is someone close that is troubling you spiritually. You need to fight back with intense prayer otherwise, you will continue living with those challenges. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by JIMMY1393: 12:49pm On Aug 30, 2020
LandMann:

Keep being clownish. It will help you learn what you don't know so you can be useful to society

Is this one mad? Because you can't provide uselful answer your conclusion is now that I'm clownish? Your a fucking idiot...next time you want to come and play smart get all your facts right...I called you out to prove how it works the other way round oga is saying I'm a clown cos I'm asking questions lmao...mumu Nigerians gtfo
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by JIMMY1393: 12:51pm On Aug 30, 2020
Joshmanuel10:

That is y it is a disorder

I don't think "disorder" is the right term for it but whatever
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by perpeling22(f): 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2020
KingAzubuike:
There's nothing spiritual about sleep paralysis. There's nothing like juju or jazz... There's nothing like demons. These are all myths, they are folktales

As for sleep paralysis, during the deepest phase of sleep which is REM, a neurotransmitter called glycine is released limit the body's motor function and render muscles immobile.

As for the sensation of something sitting on your chest which y'all tag as demons, that’s usually because of the way breathing is regulated in REM sleep. Because the neurotransmitter has been limiting your diaphragm to rhythmic, shallow breaths, you might feel like you can’t breathe deeply... laboured breathing which may seem as though something is pressing down and keeping your lungs from filling up with air. Unfortunately all these church people will say it's demons sitting on your chest.

The more reason why covid-19 is still hitting them badly.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2020
Caseywilliams:

you might think is normal until you would encounter the worst of them all
oga believe it or not sleep paralysis to an extent is a spiritual attack why bcoz most times u would be awake but when that spirit comes around u, it subdues u to been half unconscious and starts dealing with you.
there was a time when I do have that experience, morning, afternoon even at nights but it too much I had to look for a remedy. most times when that thing wants to happen I would have this feeling that something strange just entered my room..........this days wen ever I have such feelings I rush up asap and grab my Angel Micheal and spray it like a mad man......the spirit go Japa.

My exact experience but my solution is breaking my legs lose because I already know they are crossed. It happens even during the day even when I am sitting down, once my legs are crossed, within moments I will start drifting into sleep and as soon as I shut my eyes the fight for survival begins. Now I already know what triggers mine so I always try to keep my legs wide apart in any relaxing position.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 30, 2020
manychallenges:
And it worked? Would try that..

Try it. I assure you it will work for you too.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 30, 2020
KingAzubuike:
There's nothing spiritual about sleep paralysis. There's nothing like juju or jazz... There's nothing like demons. These are all myths, they are folktales

As for sleep paralysis, during the deepest phase of sleep which is REM, a neurotransmitter called glycine is released limit the body's motor function and render muscles immobile.

As for the sensation of something sitting on your chest which y'all tag as demons, that’s usually because of the way breathing is regulated in REM sleep. Because the neurotransmitter has been limiting your diaphragm to rhythmic, shallow breaths, you might feel like you can’t breathe deeply... laboured breathing which may seem as though something is pressing down and keeping your lungs from filling up with air. Unfortunately all these church people will say it's demons sitting on your chest.

So why does it happen to me only when my legs are crossed? There is a spiritual aspect to it.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by eyenogoquiet(m): 1:44pm On Aug 30, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
WHEN I EXPERIENCE THIS I CALMLY WAIT FOR IT TO PASS BECAUSE I KNOW THAT IT'S COMPLETELY NATURAL, AND THERE ARE NO WITCHES AFTER MY ALREADY UNFORTUNATE LIFE.
tell them oo. since i already know it wont last self.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by KingAzubuike(f): 1:48pm On Aug 30, 2020
Xda59:

So why does it happen to me only when my legs are crossed? There is a spiritual aspect to it.
Seek education and you'll understand why some of these things are so. Because you have zero knowledge about a situation or thing doesn't mean it's spiritual.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by knowhowk: 2:31pm On Aug 30, 2020
Sleep Paralysis is Spiritual .No Controversies ,No twisting ,Not Ever Natural . If anyone tells you it's Natural citing some medical / Natural /Academical Reasons bla bla bla ,Shun it .Do not engage yourself in any form of Arguements with anyone that says otherwise ,it's of no use .....Clear your Home of Wall Geckos ,Cob webs and Spiders ,Do a General Cleaning of your home .Before you sleep at night look up your Ceilings and Corners if you find any of those Creepings reptiles ( Wall Geckos) Get it Killed Immediately. Pray Fervently as well before you Sleep .I repeat Sleep Paralysis is Never Natural .It's 1 Million % Spiritual .Do Argue with yourself ,Not on here for Unnecessary Arguements .

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Tecno66: 3:35pm On Aug 30, 2020
Activist001:
Africans tag everything as spiritual no wonder the continent is so backwards..

What have you achieved that someone wants to "pin you down"? undecided

Anyways, see a doctor if your having that often. We are not health experts here.
I had this experience in my teenage years to about twenty five years. If its natural then I think its a problem associated with youth age because I have not experienced it again more than thirty years since I crossed that age range. If you have experienced it, you will know it looks more spiritual. The person wake up but is totally paralyzed. You can't talk or move any part of your body except your eyes that opens to indicate you are alive.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by solamath(m): 3:39pm On Aug 30, 2020
It is not abnormal and not spiritual. It a natural thing that that happens. I had similar experience when I was about that age. Live your normal life and be good.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by EmmyDJourno: 3:57pm On Aug 30, 2020
AlphikkaTech:

Did deliverance myself and I swear life's better now. Gosh, what will I have done without Jesus.

The OP should definitely go for deliverance too

Which kind deliverance you do abeg
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Finnestgreat: 4:02pm On Aug 30, 2020
Although i'm a christain but sleep paralysis is a natural thing.It only happens when the body has been stressed out too much in a day making the body very weak.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by TheCork(m): 4:35pm On Aug 30, 2020
victorian:

You are right

Its spiritual manipulation.

But y u keeping making people prikk had on nairaland by showing us yor booobsi?? Why? How am I sopose to concentrate on thread? U r wicked angry
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by GalPissetzky: 4:41pm On Aug 30, 2020
i am an athiest and i have experienced this. it felt supernatural though. it is out of the ordinary. if i cant just move i will say its not spritual. but in my case, i cant even talk. lets call a spade a spade
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by sharpwriter(m): 5:21pm On Aug 30, 2020
knowhowk:
Sleep Paralysis is Spiritual .No Controversies ,No twisting ,Not Ever Natural . If anyone tells you it's Natural citing some medical / Natural /Academical Reasons bla bla bla ,Shun it .Do not engage yourself in any form of Arguements with anyone that says otherwise ,it's of no use .....Clear your Home of Wall Geckos ,Cob webs and Spiders ,Do a General Cleaning of your home .Before you sleep at night look up your Ceilings and Corners if you find any of those Creepings reptiles ( Wall Geckos) Get it Killed Immediately. Pray Fervently as well before you Sleep .I repeat Sleep Paralysis is Never Natural .It's 1 Million % Spiritual .Do Argue with yourself ,Not on here for Unnecessary Arguements .

Lol... Why kill Wall geckos? What do they do to people? I'm interested in this cos some people attribute some things to it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. / I 'Surrender' After This– Pregnant Woman In Labour Tells Husband(video) / EXTERNAL HORDELEUM (chalazion Solution)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.