Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? (37855 Views)

Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! / My Experience With Sleep Paralysis / Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Nobody: 6:15am On Aug 30, 2020
Hi
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Caseywilliams(m): 6:15am On Aug 30, 2020
manychallenges:
I first experienced it when I was so young, I think when I was just around 6 years old, it was few minutes after we finished vigil in church, yeah, I first experienced it right inside the church. I was just lying there conscious but I couldn't moved any parts of my body but after few seconds, I regained my freedom, and till now I haven't told anyone about it.

And since then, I've been experiencing sleep paralysis but not everyday, maybe once or twice in months, even sometimes weeks.

And I always felt someone or creature or spirit pinning me down, it always very difficult for me to do anything or move at all despite the fact that am awake, this ain't exaggeration, I always feels/felt someone pinning me down during the periods.

This morning own was something else, it was as if the someone is into me somehow, I slept on my side, and I felt someone pinning me down from back like aggressively cuddling me. It was horrified. My asshole is even doing me somehow or its just my mind playing trick. Only heard about spirit wife, is there gay spirit as well? embarassed

I don't sleep naked and am a male of 26. Is sleep paralysis normal or my own could be spiritual? Am a Christian but not "real" Christian like that, only go to church once awhile.

God should just have mercy on me, I've been going through a lot couple challenges and this is even least of them.

What do you think?
you might think is normal until you would encounter the worst of them all
oga believe it or not sleep paralysis to an extent is a spiritual attack why bcoz most times u would be awake but when that spirit comes around u, it subdues u to been half unconscious and starts dealing with you.
there was a time when I do have that experience, morning, afternoon even at nights but it too much I had to look for a remedy. most times when that thing wants to happen I would have this feeling that something strange just entered my room..........this days wen ever I have such feelings I rush up asap and grab my Angel Micheal and spray it like a mad man......the spirit go Japa.

5 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by masterflowx(m): 6:25am On Aug 30, 2020
Seandisputed:
I don't like talking about spiritual stuff but to me it is damn spiritual and nobody can convince me otherwise(at least from my own experiences).
The first two times I experienced it, it read some highly spiritual books before going to bed.
The preceding ones all came at the same time.
There was a time I embarked on a one week prayer session which I always start at 03:00 am. Immediately I lay down to sleep the paralysis happens. This happened consecutively for the one week. From the 3rd day, they didn't even wait for me to sleep, I was conscious while I got paralysed(I always sense it before it starts.. like there's this force around the room, I'll just smile and before you know it the paralysis starts.. while I'll be screaming Jesus' name in my mind).
There was a day it was extreme, I literally left my body.. I saw my spirit leaving while i was screaming Jesus. The paralysis that day lasted longer than other days.
Anytime I pray by 03:00am they must come around.
A lot of things I would have said but I had to make this short.
P.S. I won't argue with anybody or respond to mentions telling me what I typed is rubbish

I agree with you. The last time I experienced it was 2weeks ago. As I was about to sleep they came. I shouted Jesu several times but my voice wasn't coming out. It's 100% spiritual.

3 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by AngelicBeing: 6:26am On Aug 30, 2020
noble2faith:
Lemme go Righteousness 89

Beware! Things Are Getting Tough These Days! Strange Things Are Happening! The Son of Man Will Soon Appear! Where Will You Spend Your Eternity?! Imagine If The Young Man Had Died In His Sleep When Experiencing Sleep Paralysis, It Would Be Him and His Deeds In The Presence of The Judge of All Judges. Repent Now and Give Your Life To Christ!

grin
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by owonidotcom: 6:26am On Aug 30, 2020
There is nothing spiritual about it. I repeat nothing spiritual at all about it. While you are sleeping your body goes through lots of phases while you fall asleep, deeply asleep and waking up. During this period your brain is the driver because you are not conscious.

Sleep paralysis is 100% natural just the way your breathing in and out is natural. Take your time to get relevant information online about the causes and how it can be managed. Lots of studies has been done in that respect. Cheers.

As for people saying it's spiritual, the lowest form any human can get to is loosing ability to FIND OUT WHY the whites has not loosed theirs unfortunately majority of us in Africa has lost that ability, that's why we blame everything on witches, wizards, devil, spiritual husband and wife(this one dey surprise me till tomorrow). The whole universe is governed by principles that the creator has put in place, if you find out, if you obey it, it works for you. If you didn't it affects you as well. If you see or experience something you don't understand, the best thing to do is to find out why before blaming it on none existing spirit somewhere.

On a lighter note, our fellow humans in the other side of the world are planning on how to colonise Mars and moon(what some of us worship, your fellow humans want to go and colonise it and possibly Terra form it, are you not ashamed?).

There is someone somewhere in America working on something that will address all the brain issues we fast and pray about here day and night including insanity(madness), we are here wasting hours that should be used for research and development on prayers and fasting for something we can find solution to, what a waste of time! It's called Neuralink take time to read about it. It will help guide your thoughts going forward.

Africa wake up and start doing research, left for Africans anything that happens is amu wa olorun as the Yoruba's will say and I can bet with my balls that till now malaria will still be killing us and we will say it's the wish of God.

I have more to say but till some other time.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by MARSHARE(m): 6:27am On Aug 30, 2020
O mehn that shii messed me up back then in sch. It all started when my then ex girlfriend appeared in my dream holding a pistol "akaodu" she chased me till i woke up an could not move any part of my body except my head i screamed "Mummy mu oooh" and passd out next i woke up in a hospital with my parents & the doc staring at me. The doc said i had malaria & i was discharged after a week, since then i have been fine. I don't think it's spiritual although we all need God. Have a lovely week.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Caseywilliams(m): 6:35am On Aug 30, 2020
Slurity:
I WILL GIVE YOU AN ASSIGNMENT THAT WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTION. FROM NOW ON, MAKE SURE YOUR ROOM DOOR HAS A DOOR CURTAIN AND ALWAYS SLEEP FACING THE CURTAIN. NEST TIME YOUR FEEL HAVE SLEEP PARALYSIS AS YOU CALL IT AND IMMEDIATELY YOU STRUGGLE TO WAKE UP JUST LOOK STRAIGHT TO THE DOOR CURTAIN AND NEVER BLINK YOUR EYES. YOU WILL SEE THE SPIRIT LEAVING THE ROOM WITH A PUSH ASIDE SIGN ON THE CURTAIN AS IF SOMEONE IS LEAVING THE ROOM. NOTE THAT THE CURTAIN WILL PULL ASIDE OR OUTSIDE. KINDLY NOTE THAT THE PERSON THAT IS DOING THE EVIL PLAY WITH YOU IS ALSO SLEEPING SOMEWHERE NOT FAR FROM YOUR HOUSE. There are some sleeping position that make your body assessible by the spirit. Dont sleep facing up directly, dont sleep with your hands cross behind your head and dont cross your led while you sleep. IT IS A DEEP SPIRITUAL MANIPULATION. PRAY AGAINST IT. SHALLOM!
exactly.......during my own days of having such encounter I was curious of going deep to know everything about it with some coarse salt and black vinegar hypothesis of a thing local man saw things that was not meant to be seen......i have this Gift when I'm around anything that is a non living thing I can tell,I was opportuned to escape this tormenting spirits most times wen I'm not fast asleep by running for my Angel Micheal oil wen ever I have dat feelings something extra ordinary is about to happen.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by pikechukwu6(m): 6:41am On Aug 30, 2020
Bro, it is totally spiritual. It happened to me several times back then. Almost everyday, sometime in the middle of night, morning before I woke up. I later change place of sleeping with my younger brother and move to another place. That very night around 12am it happen also to my younger brother who never experience such in same room. And it still happen to me later that same night. I explained all this to my mum who slept with my brother on the same account. I am a Catholic, I believed in rosary. From that day, I started wearing rosary on my neck before bed. I observed that whenever I put on rosary on my neck, I will not experience such. Anyday I forget it will come. The most painful aspect of it is that it do leave marks like finger stretch marks on my arms... Bros Pray, don't mind anyone tagging it nature or physical. I totally believed is spiritual.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Tenshades(m): 6:43am On Aug 30, 2020
Science will try to prove to you that such event is normal. But, some things are far beyond what science can explain.

Does science have an explanation to live events we forsee in dreams which come to pass in the future?

When you hear very ugly experiences from people concerning this topic, you will stop saying it's natural.

Na pikin wey no know medicine dey call am vegetable.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by kolade560: 6:46am On Aug 30, 2020
U better pray hard against satanic oppression, let nairaland juveniles b telling u stories, We are in Africa and evil is rampant.......so use ur head

3 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by gbemishile: 6:50am On Aug 30, 2020
It happens to me sometimes
I get scared and recite verse for Allah's protection and try to force myself to sit up.
I used ro believe it was spiritual
Thanks for the enlightenment.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Jeetkool(m): 6:51am On Aug 30, 2020
LandMann:

It's a normal occurrence. There's nothing spiritual about it. I experienced it a couple of times before so I researched it.

What happens is that when you fall asleep, your brain sends a signal that deactivates your motor skills like moving talking etc... This is done so that you can rest properly and not be moving around while sleeping or acting out the activities in your dream... Also to avoid hurting yourself or others.

Now, when you are about to wake up, the brain sends another signal to activate your motor skills so you can start moving moveable parts of your body.

Sleep paralysis happens when there's a delay in this signal reaching it's destination... So, your brain will be awake but the signal to activate your motor skills is delayed, causing you to panic...

Next time, don't fight it... Just try to relax knowing that you know what is happening... Also, try to practice conscious dreaming so that you can have some control and understand of what's happening both in your dream state and half awake/sleep paralysis state

Exactly the spirit there is when we sleep our spirit live the body but still have connection with it but when the spirit whant to enter back to the body that is when your formula start.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by descarado: 6:51am On Aug 30, 2020
And these are educated people shocked
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by damkin24(m): 6:54am On Aug 30, 2020
I do experience same as well once in a while
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by vikithor(m): 6:56am On Aug 30, 2020
TooMuchStuff:
It's spiritual .....!

It's an exercise that implies the invasion of higher frequency vibration of invisible entity to the space of another person of lower frequency during the period of vulnerability.

Witches, demons, ghosts and beasts of darkness with magical powers are the common spiritual entities that cause sleep paralysis

It's deep.

You are right
Science 'attempts' explaining most phenomenal humanity faces but CANNOT explain all,that science ignore the existence and operations of wicked spirits whose leader is Satan,doesn't deny the existence of same entities.
Sleep paralysis are in phases,there comes that stage of such experience that the controlling remote is NOT in the hands of natural sleep disorder but actively pressed and controlled by invisible evil spirits.
Science is biased,a times,it wants to empirically explain,logicalise and rationalize all satanic operations in human life to 'normal daily life biology and chemistry.The intent to blind the undiscerning minds from John 10 vs 10
Which is a theif came to kill,steal and destroy.How does he carry out the above,projects fear,manipulates the mind,enslave the soul,torment and torture to a surrendering point yet the victim MUST not know (he,Satan is behind it;why? So he wouldn't be cast out in the name of Jesus!)
Mehn,we know no man after the flesh ,but after the spirit of truth,cast out any suspicious moves and appearances of darkness and live a fear free life,experiencing God's faithfulness daily!
Learn how to drive cars better than danfo n molue drivers ,also learn basic vehicle checks,car maintenance and others ,call or whatsapp us with numbers below.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Tenshades(m): 6:56am On Aug 30, 2020
As for people saying it's spiritual, the lowest form any human can get to is loosing ability to FIND OUT WHY the whites has not loosed theirs unfortunately majority of us in Africa has lost that ability, that's why we blame everything on witches, wizards, devil, spiritual husband and wife(this one dey surprise me till tomorrow). The whole universe is governed by principles that the creator has put in place, if you find out, if you obey it, it works for you. If you didn't it affects you as well. If you see or experience something you don't understand, the best thing to do is to find out why before blaming it on none existing spirit somewhere.

On a lighter note, our fellow humans in the other side of the world are planning on how to colonise Mars and moon(what some of us worship, your fellow humans want to go and colonise it and possibly Terra form it, are you not ashamed?).

[/quote]

Come, my friend. Lemme show you some facebook groups where you find whites who do not reason the way you tag them to reason. So you think the whites do not believe in witches, wizards, devil, demons? You think the whites do not know what SPIRITUALITY means or they do not so much believe in it? Do you know what an OUIJA Board is?

My guy, life itself is spiritual. No dull am.

The whites you see as gods know how to solve their problems spiritually but you will keep seeing them as gods cos you chose to. They know where they finds answers and inspirations.

3 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Iceyjayzz(m): 7:03am On Aug 30, 2020
It's actually a normal thing and I've experienced it on several occasions, that was years back though, but now I don't really feel it.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by clintoo1: 7:04am On Aug 30, 2020
KingAzubuike:
There's nothing spiritual about sleep paralysis. There's nothing like juju or jazz... There's nothing like demons. These are all myths, they are folktales

As for sleep paralysis, during the deepest phase of sleep which is REM, a neurotransmitter called glycine is released limit the body's motor function and render muscles immobile.

As for the sensation of something sitting on your chest which y'all tag as demons, that’s usually because of the way breathing is regulated in REM sleep. Because the neurotransmitter has been limiting your diaphragm to rhythmic, shallow breaths, you might feel like you can’t breathe deeply... laboured breathing which may seem as though something is pressing down and keeping your lungs from filling up with air. Unfortunately all these church people will say it's demons sitting on your chest.
if you say there is nothing like demons it means you blind. Ask Adolf Hitler and Napoleon .
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by lomprico(m): 7:19am On Aug 30, 2020
its spiritual!
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Pussymender: 7:22am On Aug 30, 2020
righteousness89, wer are you?
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Gee64: 7:31am On Aug 30, 2020
Evil spiritual use sleep paralysis to scatter one's aura - the spiritual protective shield surrounding man which the Ibos call 'chi'. They penetrate one through a scattered aura to wreck spiritual havoc.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by mormoney85(m): 7:34am On Aug 30, 2020
kingxsamz:
Completely natural. grin
It's stuff like this that makes people wake up at midnight to shout "holy ghost fire", "any evil arrow", "any spirit husband", "any marine kingdom". Mean while na just sleep paralysis dey do you. grin
people don't understand that thing at all, it happens when u refuse to sleep at the right time, or over stressing ur body, both ur brain and body suppose shutdown the same time but if u r think a lot that period and so quite ur body will shutdown emergency while ur brain still awake so there's nothing spiritual about it

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Bellotelli: 7:35am On Aug 30, 2020
manychallenges:
I first experienced it when I was so young, I think when I was just around 6 years old, it was few minutes after we finished vigil in church, yeah, I first experienced it right inside the church. I was just lying there conscious but I couldn't moved any parts of my body but after few seconds, I regained my freedom, and till now I haven't told anyone about it.

And since then, I've been experiencing sleep paralysis but not everyday, maybe once or twice in months, even sometimes weeks.

And I always felt someone or creature or spirit pinning me down, it always very difficult for me to do anything or move at all despite the fact that am awake, this ain't exaggeration, I always feels/felt someone pinning me down during the periods.

This morning own was something else, it was as if the someone is into me somehow, I slept on my side, and I felt someone pinning me down from back like aggressively cuddling me. It was horrified. My asshole is even doing me somehow or its just my mind playing trick. Only heard about spirit wife, is there gay spirit as well? embarassed

I don't sleep naked and am a male of 26. Is sleep paralysis normal or my own could be spiritual? Am a Christian but not "real" Christian like that, only go to church once awhile.

God should just have mercy on me, I've been going through a lot couple challenges and this is even least of them.

What do you think?
I only have issue with the picture used in illustration. The demon is black while the victim is white.. OP will not make heaven for this act of racism tongue
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Myer(m): 7:37am On Aug 30, 2020
praiseoski:
It is definitely spiritual, the work of an "incubus" attacking your life.... You have to tackle it spiritually as such spirits tend to be quite agressive.... People who experience such always have lots of problems in life, they find it hard keeping a relationship talk more or less getting married.

Go n seek deliverance in a "Bible beleiving church"

Don't be ignorant.
Children experience it too.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Myer(m): 7:38am On Aug 30, 2020
Slurity:
I WILL GIVE YOU AN ASSIGNMENT THAT WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTION. FROM NOW ON, MAKE SURE YOUR ROOM DOOR HAS A DOOR CURTAIN AND ALWAYS SLEEP FACING THE CURTAIN. NEST TIME YOUR FEEL HAVE SLEEP PARALYSIS AS YOU CALL IT AND IMMEDIATELY YOU STRUGGLE TO WAKE UP JUST LOOK STRAIGHT TO THE DOOR CURTAIN AND NEVER BLINK YOUR EYES. YOU WILL SEE THE SPIRIT LEAVING THE ROOM WITH A PUSH ASIDE SIGN ON THE CURTAIN AS IF SOMEONE IS LEAVING THE ROOM. NOTE THAT THE CURTAIN WILL PULL ASIDE OR OUTSIDE. KINDLY NOTE THAT THE PERSON THAT IS DOING THE EVIL PLAY WITH YOU IS ALSO SLEEPING SOMEWHERE NOT FAR FROM YOUR HOUSE. There are some sleeping position that make your body assessible by the spirit. Dont sleep facing up directly, dont sleep with your hands cross behind your head and dont cross your led while you sleep. IT IS A DEEP SPIRITUAL MANIPULATION. PRAY AGAINST IT. SHALLOM!

I think a more important question, is what is the implication of sleep paralysis? Any idea?
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Zenithpeak(m): 7:41am On Aug 30, 2020
kingxsamz:

Spiritual that can't take Nigeria out of poverty, that one is useless.

Did the 'spiritual' caused Nigeria problem in the first place?

When you're voting PDP and APC here and there, did you allow the 'spiritual' into your choices?

Nigeria's problem was never spiritual and can never be.

"Spiritual" is not the minister in charge of NDDC it is human being named Akpabio.
Compare Akpabio's personal environment to what Niger Delta region environment is.

Spiritual doesn't fund Bokoharam but human being.

Spiritual doesn't fuel Southern Kaduna crises but human.

Spiritual didn't close our border without adequate provisions for citizens daily upkeep and the price of staple foods skyrockets....

Spiritual does not increase fuel price in Nigeria.

Spiritual isn't CBN Governor

My friend, spiritual got nothing to do with our problem in this country but human beings..... Until we rise up and speak against this oppressive people... Omo na like this we go dey everytime oo!

Stop transferring aggression here and there.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Jh0wsef(m): 7:42am On Aug 30, 2020
Slurity:

You're correct! Anytime I sleep facing up, I experience nightmares or a very awkward dream. It has always been that way from childhood. To an extent I'm not even surprised anymore. I just wake up from the nightmare and I'm like "oh. I slept facing up again" then change my position and sleep jehjeh
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by lanredavidju(m): 7:46am On Aug 30, 2020
Many are called few are chosen be wise
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by mormoney85(m): 7:50am On Aug 30, 2020
manychallenges:

What do you think?
bros there's nothing spiritual about it u ever stressed ur body by denying it some sleep when needed or think a lot that period, keeping ur brain awake while ur body is shutting down for sleep, so ur body did something like emergency shutdown while ur brain is still awake, hope u understand me.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Myer(m): 7:52am On Aug 30, 2020
manychallenges:

What do you think?

Here in lies the cycle of ignorant supersticions being recycled till it becomes believable hearsay.

It's natural and that explains why virtually everyone experiences it at some point.
Ofcos if you choose to believe it's spiritual, your mind would likewise make it so.

No one knows for sure what causes sleep paralysis or its implications.

As a kid just like anyone from a christian background, I was told to scream Jesus whenever I experienced it. I would struggle for seconds to mutter the name Jesus and it would stop.

Interestingly as an adult I don't even say a word anymore, I just wait for it to pass. So it's a matter of understanding it.

OP, I believe it's a natural phenomenon and you simply need to relax for the few seconds when it happens and it'll pass.

There are times you could experience it often. And there are times you won't even experience it for years.

Please you're not being raped in your sleep. That cracked me up. grin
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by confydoedowaye(m): 7:54am On Aug 30, 2020
How can you explain you eyes being open, but u can't feel any part of ur body, like a force pinning u down and u are lying face up, with heavy breeze blowing in from the window while the bulb is on, why does it happen when one is sleeping alone. They are more to this than meets the eye. Pray, fast and pray again, the world is both scientific and spiritual.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by SnakeDoctor011(m): 7:55am On Aug 30, 2020
Tenshades:

Come, my friend. Lemme show you some facebook groups where you find whites who do not reason the way you tag them to reason. So you think the whites do not believe in witches, wizards, devil, demons? You think the whites do not know what SPIRITUALITY means or they do not so much believe in it? Do you know what an OUIJA Board is?

My guy, life itself is spiritual. No dull am.

The whites you see as gods know how to solve their problems spiritually but you will keep seeing them as gods cos you chose to. They know where they finds answers and inspirations.

Bro, can you kindly refer me to those Facebook groups you are talking about. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Man Commits Suicide On Facebook Live Over Girlfriend (Photos) / Bennet Omalu Receives Highest American Medical Association Award / Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.