Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,604 members, 7,823,619 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi (17181 Views)

EPL: Why Liverpool Boss, Klopp No Longer Wears Glasses / Thousands Of Liverpool Fans Line Streets For Heroes 'Homecoming Parade / New Liverpool Signing - Oxlade-chamberlain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by Panti7: 7:41pm On Aug 28, 2020

Jürgen Klopp has laughed off suggestions that Liverpool could sign Lionel Messi but would like to see him in the Premier League. Messi has rocked the football world by handing in a transfer request at Barcelona, sparking widespread speculation over his future.

Klopp says he would happily take the six-times world player of the year, but concedes the Premier League champions are not in the market for the 33-year-old. The Liverpool manager said: “Interest? Who doesn’t want to have Messi in their team? But, no chance.”

Liverpool’s title rivals Manchester City are considered to be among the favourites to sign Messi should he leave the Nou Camp. A move to the Etihad Stadium would reunite Messi with his former Barça boss Pep Guardiola, under whom he won two Champions League crowns in 2009 and 2011.

City may hold further appeal in that chairman Ferran Soriano and the director of football Txiki Begiristain are also well known to Messi from their time at the Catalan club. He may also be keen to link up with his friend and long-time Argentina team-mate Sergio Agüero.

Klopp said: “It would obviously help Manchester City and make it even more difficult to beat them, which was already very difficult. For the Premier League it would be great, 100 per cent, having the best player in the world in the league. The numbers are not for us. We don’t have to start thinking about it. No chance, but, good player to be honest!”

“I’m not sure the Premier League needs a boost but it would be a boost, for sure,” Klopp added. “It would be interesting to see as well. Messi never played in another league, other than Spain. Actually, I would like to see it - but I’m not sure I will.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbGweWi2GPU
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/liverpool/transfer-talk/news/jurgen-klopp-no-chance-of-liverpool-signing-lionel-messi_412007.html

2 Likes

Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by ExBanker: 7:48pm On Aug 28, 2020
What nonsense. Even if it is free, Liverpool do not need Messi. He does not fit their pattern of play

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by longetivity(m): 7:57pm On Aug 28, 2020
we are tired of this dwarf news

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by tfash96(m): 9:04pm On Aug 28, 2020
Every Club wants GOAT

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by tfash96(m): 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2020
longetivity:
we are tired of this dwarf news
What will you now call aki and pawpaw.. it's obvious that you're psychologically dwarf

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by Slawormir: 6:22am On Aug 29, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Wetin Lionel Messi want go do for Liverpool
EPL clubs way nor get pattern and style of play

Na only mancity he fit join

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by spafu(m): 6:22am On Aug 29, 2020
I know that Messi's mind is telling him to choose Arsenal, but all this money-miss-road clubs will not allow him make the right decision. They will use money to blind his father/agent so as to deny Arsenal. No wahala, we will still manage our boys win league after last year's FA Cup triumph.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by wunmi590(m): 6:23am On Aug 29, 2020

This guy should just pick one club and go, so that he can quickly settle down jor

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by sammyj: 6:24am On Aug 29, 2020
grin I have always been clamoring for Messi to leave Barca and if he does i hope he will be able to perform before I can start comparing him with my real GOAT C Ronaldo. Click likes if you believe me and Share if you disagree

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by Olukat(m): 6:25am On Aug 29, 2020
Klopp is just respectful shocked shocked
Who needs a 33years old former GOAT. with a huge buyout clause and salaries? cheesy cheesy
Only Arabs does the unthinkable #PSGandMancity!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by ipobarethieves: 6:25am On Aug 29, 2020
grin he doesn't want a liability sad cool.The Billy goat can pitch his tent wit his former coach. Make we see how dem go win CL

1 Like

Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by bancoleh: 6:25am On Aug 29, 2020
I think messi rather prefer pep guadiola jare, make the guy come England....

Video editing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFRX6PMk1BU
Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by Samexdx(m): 6:26am On Aug 29, 2020
What makes you think Lionel Messi will even consider Liverpool as an option?

6 Likes

Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by adioolayi(m): 6:26am On Aug 29, 2020
ExBanker:
What nonsense. Even if it is free, Liverpool do not need Messi. He does not fit their pattern of play

.. unfortunately, you are not the Liverpool manager. Read the Club's manager's comment slowly...you will understand better. grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by Beverlyjean(f): 6:27am On Aug 29, 2020
Signing a 33 year old that has passed his prime and has failed to prove that he can succeed outside one club or team is a huge risk ... especially with the money on his head... y should I spend so much on a player that hasnt helped his team get to the CL final in over 5 years ? These teams like man city , psg , juventus bayern dont need him cos they will always win the league... the CL is the main challenge which messi himself is even looking for a team that will help him win it...like real madrid and bayern or even Liverpool ... but these teams are not interested cos they won it without him and hv a chance without him... teams like inter, man u , dortmund , arsenal, Milan, napoli are the ones that need him cos he is an expert in winning local titles ...challenge him with CL and he starts to cry for neymar to join him since Iniesta and xavi have retired

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by ObaKlaz: 6:27am On Aug 29, 2020
Of course, you can't afford his numbers, the club's accounts would be in the reds, literally.

4 Likes

Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by Nawaaoh: 6:29am On Aug 29, 2020
Hhmm!!

VIDEO: Woman accepts boyfriend’s proposal, then throws away the ring and walks away

Watch the video..

https://www.mazechmedia.com/2020/02/video-woman-accepts-boyfriends-proposal-then-throws-away-the-ring-and-walks-away/

Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by ForeThinker: 6:30am On Aug 29, 2020
undecided
Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:30am On Aug 29, 2020
Man City are in the Forefront to sign The GOAT of all GOATS!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by Craaaa: 6:31am On Aug 29, 2020
His been truthful and dosent wanna chase clouts like the likes of inter and man United. I see only a mancity and psg in the race for Messi. Let's watch and see the ending though.

3 Likes

Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by Rok01: 6:33am On Aug 29, 2020
Come to England and know the difference between England and Spain
Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by Merimental(m): 6:33am On Aug 29, 2020
Samexdx:
What makes you think Lionel Messi will even consider Liverpool as an option?

cos dey have 6 champs league to barcas 5.

and city have ummmmm Z,---E----R----O to der name
and got no chance of winning it in d nearest future.

11 Likes

Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by ellizy(m): 6:33am On Aug 29, 2020
ExBanker:
No club in the world that Messi doesn’t fit their pattern/style of play... he’s exceptional

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by Ewuhausa001(f): 6:34am On Aug 29, 2020
After the humiliation you guys gave him!.....If na me, I no go come

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by Ustec: 6:34am On Aug 29, 2020
sammyj:
grin I have always been clamoring for Messi to leave Barca and if he does i hope he will be able to perform before I can start comparing him with my real GOAT C Ronaldo. Click likes if you believe me and Share if you disagree
At what age,
Stop deceiving yourself by trying to compare both at this stage, they are both old.

4 Likes

Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by iCauseTrouble: 6:34am On Aug 29, 2020
sad
Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by samuelevans(m): 6:36am On Aug 29, 2020
Oga; you are the reason why some people insult you; anywhere u want to migrate to; you are free. Enough of all this stories
Re: Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi by Beverlyjean(f): 6:36am On Aug 29, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Wetin Lionel Messi want go do for Liverpool
EPL clubs way nor get pattern and style of play

Na only mancity he fit join

Thats the difference between him and Ronaldo...ronaldo don't need any pattern to prosper...thats y he can play in any team and win trophies...messi can only play for barca, bayern, psg, man city and arsenal duringthe henry / Bergkamp viera Pires days...any other team will b disastrous for him

A true G.O.A.T dont need pattern to prosper...he shines to the upmost top wherever he represents...

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who's Your Favourite Football Player Of 2016? / Amaju Pinnick Celebrates His 50th Birthday In Style (Photos, Video) / Kenya's Bernard Sang Wins Lagos City Marathon 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.