Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,827 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? (17655 Views)

The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? / The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years / Cristiano And Leo: The Race To Become The Greatest Football Player Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by shagking: 10:03pm On Aug 29, 2020
Humanoid01:

Thanks, You Said it all

Torres' equalizer at camp nou to send Barca packing from the UCL in 2013. Even though Chelsea eventually won the final, that moment still counts as my best 'cause I used to have a Barca supporter as a friend who completely wrote them off before that game.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Rhymesy(f): 10:03pm On Aug 29, 2020
Chelsea vs Napoli, UEFA Champions league 2012

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Evidence1000(m): 10:04pm On Aug 29, 2020
Liverpool coming back from 3-0 down to win the champions league in 2005.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by na2016: 10:05pm On Aug 29, 2020
1996 - Brazil vs Nigeria in the Atlanta Olympics.
The fact that the equalizer was scored at the last minute of that match.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by DrayZee: 10:05pm On Aug 29, 2020
I don’t have a greatest...but this one was too crazy.

Portugal vs Spain. Man scored a goal from a free kick in the 90th minute to draw.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Anaerobi(m): 10:05pm On Aug 29, 2020
When Chelsea beat Bayern Munich in UCL Final.... I can't remember if I eat from that night till next day at noon.... I lost my voice.
and when Nigeria won d last AFCON. their is this Arsenal fans In d viewing centre where I watch ball.... we just hate each other. but that day Nigeria was player Ivory Coast, we sat same sit.... when Sunday Mba scored, the next person I hug was d guy.... that was how we came back to normal.... football is just sweet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Joecristiano7(m): 10:06pm On Aug 29, 2020
Olarewaju89:

They have give you another tread to cry like a baby again. Ode undecided
Who is this guy naa...
Olarewaju89 gbenusóuñ...
Learn not to use swear words at peeps u dunno... U Neva can tell...
G. Nite

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Emmatee1816(m): 10:06pm On Aug 29, 2020
Odunayomi247:
There are some moments in football that sometimes brings tears to our face, sometimes we just open our mouths in shock of the scene before us,some other times football makes us hug even our greatest enemy in excitement

So what is your greatest moment in football guys,that moment that made you do something crazy?

Mine would be man United's comeback against PSG, against all the odds

instabul 2009 vs Chelsea.....the moment Van Der SAR saved anelka's penalty.evergreen moment.just so sad I have to admit I was supporting 'fergie utd fc' in d disguise of man utd fc'.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Topmaike007(m): 10:06pm On Aug 29, 2020
That moment Sergio Ramos head in our equaliser against ATM in Ucl final I was really crazy that night..

Y nada mas

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by isaacprinz(m): 10:07pm On Aug 29, 2020
Trailblazer1:
Arsenal beating Liverpool and Chelsea to 2 trophies in a month grin
you win brother
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Zishot(m): 10:09pm On Aug 29, 2020
1. Zlatan's volley agains England. 2. Coming from a Chelsea fan, Iwobi's goal in the Europa League final.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by densiks: 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2020
jaybliss1410:
DROGBA's goal against bayern, Ucl final and chelsea went ahead winning the trophy, mehn! my 6yrs old brother was on his kneel praying for drogba to equalize a minute before the goal came. That note was boooom. I so much cherish thst night.

WHAT DO I NO SEF?

Same here grin

I was so tensed that I couldn’t watch the penalty shootouts until I confirmed that we had won.

I dreamt of Drogba scoring a night before the game.

I shed tears that night and it remains memorable in my heart.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Joecristiano7(m): 10:12pm On Aug 29, 2020
Trailblazer1:
Arsenal beating Liverpool and Chelsea to 2 trophies in a month grin
COYG my man... Greater days ahead.. things are looking up

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Suspect33(m): 10:13pm On Aug 29, 2020
When Portugal won the Euro 2016

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Emerie22(m): 10:14pm On Aug 29, 2020
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:
This right here is my greatest moment in football

RAMOS HEADER AGAINST ATLETICO

HALA MADRID

That night is a night I won't forget in football

I have concluded that ATM will lift the trophy

Alonso didn't play the game cos of yellow card but Ramos was the key

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by BENEAMATA: 10:14pm On Aug 29, 2020
RASHIDI . YEKINI . IT'S A GOAAAL . . . . smiley

TOM HENNING OVREBO angry angry angry
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Farrtfact: 10:15pm On Aug 29, 2020
when Ronaldo won his first ballon d'asia last year when his oga won the world best
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by FuckThaMod: 10:17pm On Aug 29, 2020
Suspect33:
When Portugal won the Euro 2016
Same here

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by kalu61(m): 10:17pm On Aug 29, 2020
Chelsea vs Bayern 2012
First CL, it was road work throughout that night. Trust Chelsea fans.
That Drogba equalizer and final pk

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by psychologist(m): 10:17pm On Aug 29, 2020
The greatest comeback

Barcelona vs PSG cry
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by jaybliss1410(m): 10:18pm On Aug 29, 2020
densiks:

Same here grin

I was so tensed that I couldn’t watch the penalty shootouts until I confirmed that we had won.

I dreamt of Drogba scoring a night before the game.

I shed tears that night and it remains memorable in my heart.
The amazing part is I still have the video in my phone till now even when my phone got formatted, d first video I download is the ucl final.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by anyaekekehinde(m): 10:18pm On Aug 29, 2020
UDUJ:
Mine was Man U winning the champions league against the mighty bayern Munich in 1999. I became a Man U fan that day and have been ever since.

That Man U team was the most complete team I have ever seen in football Beckham, Scholes, Cole, Sheringham, Neville brothers et al. Damn what a squad cool

That match is where I learnt perseverance...

It's one of the greatest demostration of the dramatic nature of life

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by osazsky(m): 10:18pm On Aug 29, 2020
Atlanta 1996...Kanu against Chelsea...sub Kanu makes it 3
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 10:18pm On Aug 29, 2020
Emerie22:

That night is a night I won't forget in football

I have concluded that ATM will lift the trophy

Alonso didn't play the game cos of yellow card but Ramos was the key

Ramos was thr key but dimaria was awesome that night

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Ajstyles01(m): 10:18pm On Aug 29, 2020
Mine would be man u vs psg that rashford penalty

cee over joy that night i cnt 4get it so easily

anoda 1 wuld be man u vs mancity dat comeback to win 3-2

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by kalu61(m): 10:23pm On Aug 29, 2020
paulolee:
sooooo many...
Lionel messi made soo great moments for me individually for example that boateng dribble and dt crazy goal..
barca as a team made some great moments too for example that iniesta heartbreaker against chelsea and that romantada against PSG dt match was pure madness and whenever i do see the highlight on YouTube i do cliq and cnt stop watching that greatest night ever in ucl football...
The night UEFA cheated Chelsea ABI. Hahaha. That's where my hatred for Barca began.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by DEEBOZZ(m): 10:23pm On Aug 29, 2020
Arsenal 4-4 Liverpool (Andrey Arshavin the Goat) cheesy cheesy
Arsenal 5-2 Chelsea
Arsenal beating and Liverpool in the FA and Community shield

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by RioCarputo(m): 10:24pm On Aug 29, 2020
It was when I was in JSS2 in year 2006. We were playing the inter class tournament. I scored a 45 year thunderbolt screamer with my left foot from the middle of the field which was the winning goal at the dying minutes.

The whole field including the spectators went into wild celebrations .

Our opponents had to applauded me and commended my performance.

Thank you Tahoreed, for giving me that pass after a swift counter-attack in which I decided not to push the ball further and decided to strike it right from the center of the field as i watched it travels miles as if it will go out of play but inadvertently drop at the top left inside of the net.

It is the best moment I can never forget in my life.

6 Likes

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by jaybliss1410(m): 10:24pm On Aug 29, 2020
Asabe4:
My legs were shaking, couldn't stand cheesy
As in, that night was a night specially made for Chelsea. No one knew how the ball went into the net. I had to lift my kid brother of 6yrs from his praying kneel.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by MakyavelitheDon(m): 10:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
zudozz:
Atlanta 96, Nigerian vs Brazil and Chelsea CL Triumph!

This is my far mine and Nigeria's greatest moment in football

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by nwajesus12(m): 10:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
Chelsea Vs Barcelona (2009) Iniesta's screamer, IT WAS INCREDIBLE
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by UDUJ(m): 10:28pm On Aug 29, 2020
anyaekekehinde:

That match is where I learnt perseverance...

It's one of the greatest demostration of the dramatic nature of life

I get goosebumps anytime I remember that match.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Which Senegal Team Is The Golden Generation 2002 WC Team Or 2021 AFCON Team? / AAG Fallout: U-23 Eagles In Congo With One Set Of Jerseys? / Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.