Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,818 members, 7,817,381 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? (17651 Views)

The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? / The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years / Cristiano And Leo: The Race To Become The Greatest Football Player Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by happykidArotiba(m): 11:16pm On Aug 29, 2020
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:
This right here is my greatest moment in football

RAMOS HEADER AGAINST ATLETICO in the 93rd minute

HALA MADRID
Same here bro, this really brought tears of joy to me

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by femi4: 11:22pm On Aug 29, 2020
Odunayomi247:
There are some moments in football that sometimes brings tears to our face, sometimes we just open our mouths in shock of the scene before us,some other times football makes us hug even our greatest enemy in excitement

So what is your greatest moment in football guys,that moment that made you do something crazy?

Mine would be man United's comeback against PSG, against all the odds

Chelsea come back against Bayern in 2012. Against all odds, Chelsea won
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by ymstar(m): 11:22pm On Aug 29, 2020
TheSociopath:

Your age should be between 31 - 33 by now

cheesy ah, sociopath
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Liposure: 11:24pm On Aug 29, 2020
Nigeria v kenya, 2010 WC qualifier. I had already given up at 2-2 until martins came to rescue

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Lastanza: 11:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
My own na Brazil vs Germany 2014 world Cup. The match was so thrilling with Brazilian fans crying openly in the stadium.

Was similar to Baryern Barca match but was very memorable to me

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Nicole21: 11:29pm On Aug 29, 2020
ojaysam25:
Ronaldo comeback against Wolfsburg in the champions league...it was a memorable night for me....same as his comeback against athletico madrid

The commentary was amazing..
Something close to genius
He has turned the tie around all by himself..

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by JoffreyBeroth(m): 11:30pm On Aug 29, 2020
jaybliss1410:
DROGBA's goal against bayern, Ucl final and chelsea went ahead winning the trophy, mehn! my 6yrs old brother was on his kneel praying for drogba to equalize a minute before the goal came. That note was boooom. I so much cherish thst night.

WHAT DO I NO SEF?

May 19 2012
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by azimibraun: 11:35pm On Aug 29, 2020
John Terry penalty miss.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Peng12345: 11:38pm On Aug 29, 2020
The greatest come bsck in UCL history,

Ac Milan v Liverpool

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Jack14(m): 11:39pm On Aug 29, 2020
Definitely Liverpool comeback against Barca.. corner taken quickly grin
And also Rooney bicycle kick goal against man city
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by MrCorporate1(m): 11:42pm On Aug 29, 2020
Mine is 1.PORTUGAL 3V2 SWEDEN 2.PORTUGAL 3V3 SPAIN. 3. JUVE 3V2 ATH 4.REAL 5V2 DORTMUND 5.REAL V JUV .BICKICK..CR74LIFE

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by doctore212(m): 12:35am On Aug 30, 2020
When I bleep one olosho ND won both home ND away.

I will never forget. I only paid 500 for two nuts
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Lamasta(m): 12:38am On Aug 30, 2020
Liverpool vs Barcelona 4-0 You need to come and see how we celebrate the 4th goal it was ecstatic grin...

Manchester City winning their first premier league against QPR when Aguero scored the late winner oh my God its a magical moment grin

Let me just drop my keyboard here and save the rest

Modified...
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by TheSociopath(m): 12:39am On Aug 30, 2020
ymstar:

cheesy ah, sociopath

Amn't I right grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Chris2863(m): 12:52am On Aug 30, 2020
div111:
Messi's goal against Bayern....

when he cut boateng and chipped nuer!! Damn!!
Oh you mean as Bayern disgraced them with 8-2 ??grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Chris2863(m): 12:53am On Aug 30, 2020
paulolee:
sooooo many...
Lionel messi made soo great moments for me individually for example that boateng dribble and dt crazy goal..
barca as a team made some great moments too for example that iniesta heartbreaker against chelsea and that romantada against PSG dt match was pure madness and whenever i do see the highlight on YouTube i do cliq and cnt stop watching that greatest night ever in ucl football...
Forget dribble, let's talk about 8-2

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Chris2863(m): 12:54am On Aug 30, 2020
Trailblazer1:
Arsenal beating Liverpool and Chelsea to 2 trophies in a month grin
Mtcheeeeew, dead premier league clubs
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Nasproperty: 12:57am On Aug 30, 2020
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by saajus: 1:04am On Aug 30, 2020
2012 when Chelsea won the Champions League. After witnessing Liverpool ghost goal, Terry slip, Barca/Ovrebo daylight robbery, I have no choice but to cry that day.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by DonroxyII: 1:15am On Aug 30, 2020
Whodeyhouse:
Chelsea winning the champions league

That really brought tears to my eyes
Chelsea Bayern 2012 UCL final

Nigeria Atlanta 1996 .... It seems Atlanta 1996 was the biggest thing Nigeria ever won and passing through Argentina was a hell to mention Almighty best football country of the world as that time "BRAZIL" ....
I was just getting close to my teenage age but my whole community went wild and I was wild too because we all mad that beautiful day !!
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by ymstar(m): 1:35am On Aug 30, 2020
TheSociopath:

Amn't I right grin grin grin grin grin
Three one
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by TheSociopath(m): 1:56am On Aug 30, 2020
ymstar:

Three one

THAT'S NICE
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by ymstar(m): 2:02am On Aug 30, 2020
TheSociopath:

THAT'S NICE
Sociopath, go get some rest please
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by NACE13: 2:34am On Aug 30, 2020
Lamasta:
Liverpool vs Barcelona 4-0 You need to come and see how we celebrate the 4th goal it was ecstatic grin...

Manchester City winning their first premier league against Watford when Aguero scored the late winner oh my God its a magical moment grin

Let me just drop my keyboard here and save the rest

It was Queens Park Rangers (QPR) actually.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by mentored: 4:07am On Aug 30, 2020
DrAbayomi:
All Leo’s moment have been mesmerizing...No other player is worth my 90mins. Barca loses, you still get mesmerized by the mercurial Leo!

Eyaaa

You guys 8-2 much

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by peppermint7(m): 4:08am On Aug 30, 2020
Barca’s iconic comeback against a 4-0 lead by psg
That was the greatest moments in ucl
I wept that evening
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by mentored: 4:10am On Aug 30, 2020
Odunayomi247:
There are some moments in football that sometimes brings tears to our face, sometimes we just open our mouths in shock of the scene before us,some other times football makes us hug even our greatest enemy in excitement

So what is your greatest moment in football guys,that moment that made you do something crazy?

Mine would be man United's comeback against PSG, against all the odds

No comeback is yet greater than Liverpool‘s comeback against AC Milan in 2005

Add their come back against Dortmund in Europa league

Add the same Liverpool comeback against Barcelona in 2019!!!

Add Nigeria come back against Brazil in Atlanta Olympic

You have my attention
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by lamabiade(m): 4:16am On Aug 30, 2020
The most celebrated winning in the history of Nigerian football is Atlanta 1996 olympic men football semi-final between Nigeria and Brazil, the moment Kanu Nwakwo scored the golden goal at the the first half of the extra time made history as the most celebrated goal ever in Nigeria, no goal has ever been celebrated like it, neither before it nor after

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by toprealman: 4:20am On Aug 30, 2020
ymstar:
E plenty o

Good ones:
1a. Okocha equalizer in 2004 Nations cup
against Cameroon.

1b. Utaka finishing and winning the match from
kanu assist. (And I learnt my lesson that
whenever opportunity presents itself, I should
quickly utilise it) Ighalo weyrey ni e, I dislike u
and will forever dislike u, though I always pray
for you whenever you want to play for man u.

2a. Liverpool coming back from 3 - 0 against
a.c. Milan, can never forget, I would take that to
my grave. Oloshi ni awon Liverpool yi o, do you
know they did dat to Barcelona too? Liverpool e
nshi ere o.

E plenty o, but make I stop there.

Sad ones:
1a. Afcon 2000 final against Cameroun
Okocha world class, bomb equalizer

Chukwu winner
And later loosing on penalty, I no go school for
the two days, because d following day after d final
was Monday.

1b. Henrik Larsson brace against us in Korea
Japan 2002, really painful, I no wan go school the following day again, my dad beat me, because the day d match was played I was supposed to be in school, was in js3 then, I was really sad because dat was what would determine our qualification to group stage.
Yobo assisted aghahowa and he scored only for Larsson to eliminate us. Brb.

E don really tey wey you don dey shayo!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by Eddygre8(m): 4:25am On Aug 30, 2020
Merciless Messi
Re: What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? by flyingdutchman(m): 4:26am On Aug 30, 2020
Kanye's equalizer against Brazil in 96

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Which Senegal Team Is The Golden Generation 2002 WC Team Or 2021 AFCON Team? / AAG Fallout: U-23 Eagles In Congo With One Set Of Jerseys? / Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.