Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria (37806 Views)

Nigerian Army Women Corps To Hold 7-Day Field Training Exercises / Nigerian Air Force A29 Supertucano Attack Aircraft Completes First Flight. Pics / Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by AmuDimpka: 6:04pm On Aug 29, 2020
NGpatriot:

This is why the whole transaction was government to government transaction. We gave them our shopping list, they gave us a price, we the US government directly, they gave us a receipt for our payment.

For that we are not only getting 12 fully equipped planes, weapons, training, software package, simulators, hangers and modern base facilities.

This is our you attain a standard, well equipped, uniform and professional military.

Gone are the days when we give billions of dollars to first men, middle men, last men and so on to purchase military hardware and end up with obsolete, used and decommissioned military tools.

The last Alpha Jets we bought were decommissioned jets from private collectors, they did not even have bomb racks to carry or fire weapons, we had to engage aftermarket people and even Innoson here in Nigeria to reconfigure the jests for military use.

nice analysis
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by madridsta007(m): 6:05pm On Aug 29, 2020
DurexDcondom:

I think so too.
Bad sign. See any country the US has a presence whatsoever, we all know the other stories.
Innocent Nigerians should braze up for the worst ahit that may happen few years from now.

Nigerian are like their government, dumb and ignorant of what the world really is.
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by King44(m): 6:05pm On Aug 29, 2020
The first thing that came to my mind was all in the north as if out lives depends on the north.
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by simpleseyi: 6:06pm On Aug 29, 2020
Karemarealty288:
Base to employ so called repentant boko haram

This one is depressed, I hope he doesn't commit suicide soon.

1 Like

Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by NGpatriot: 6:08pm On Aug 29, 2020
madridsta007:

A foreign nation being given the contract to construct classified Military facilities in another national?

Smart Africans. grin

It's a global market, military contractors construct military facilities all over the world regardless. Broaden your horizon.

Btw, who classified the project? You?

2 Likes

Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by simpleseyi: 6:08pm On Aug 29, 2020
GamalNasser:
Why can't the A29 be supported and based in our existing Airforce Bases .. What kind of hardware purchase is this ? Buhari will surrender our sovereignty to America and China soon because he doesn't think thing through properly .

My brother, what has this so called our sovereigntydone for you over these years? Let America and share our sovereignty, it will be better than the sovereignty that is currently with heartless looters.

5 Likes

Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by afube: 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2020
NGpatriot:

They are mad and barking like bingo already..

grin grin

i knew you were a phoney patriot ! i always make that good call. bloody hypocrite.
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by GamalNasser: 6:13pm On Aug 29, 2020
simpleseyi:

My brother, what has this so called our sovereigntydone for you over these years? Let America and share our sovereignty, it will be better than the sovereignty that is currently with heartless looters.

Hmmmm
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by 12345baba(m): 6:14pm On Aug 29, 2020
Hope they go maintain am after construction
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by NGpatriot: 6:15pm On Aug 29, 2020
GamalNasser:
Why can't the A29 be supported and based in our existing Airforce Bases .. What kind of hardware purchase is this ? Buhari will surrender our sovereignty to America and China soon because he doesn't think thing through properly .

See how backward and regressive some of you are?

We are moving forward into a modern military age with modern and purposed military facilities that we can learn from and copy to build our own in the future via knowledge transfer and this one is suggesting that we go back and remain stagnant.

Thank God that we don't have backward mentality people like you in government.

2 Likes

Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 29, 2020
35824L:
Igbos will not be happy with their daddy Trump because of this news. How dare he build a military base in the 'zoo' to support the 'zoo' soldiers crackdown on their people? cheesy

Seems you are not mentally stable ? Your brain could not process the information and give you feedback .. instead the only reaction this drew from your brain was to assess and state which tribe you think won't be happy? If this does not worry you then should have yourself examimed.

How can your Brain be so useless it couldn't even deduce any useful.information from this only hich tribe won't be happy and you felt the need to share this worthless information?

You may be going mad slowly and not know it. But factually to be this stupid is a feat I'm itself.

I don't you will be able to understand anything I wrote.

I am sure you will come.up the usual your father and mother this and that abuse most illiterates always resort to

1 Like

Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by NGpatriot: 6:23pm On Aug 29, 2020
afube:

i knew you were a phoney patriot ! i always make that good call. bloody hypocrite.

And you hateful, bitter, frustrated and anti Nigerian elements hating on every progress and development are the real patriots?

Please go away with your backward and hateful mentality.
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by GamalNasser: 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2020
NGpatriot:

See how backward and regressive some of you are?

We are moving forward into a modern military age with modern and purposed military facilities that we can learn from and copy to build our own in the future via knowledge transfer and this one is suggesting tat we go back and remain stagnant.

Thank God that we don't have backward mentality people like you in government.

I can see how your forward think Buhari govt has improved Nigeria grin grin Keep deceiving yourself

Well I can't understand why a foreign military will come help us build airforce base in our country...Can't the give Buhari the specifications of the facility those planes need so we can award the contract to civil engineering firm to build ..I don't see why 12 turbo props even need a special base it's not like we are buying F35s oo.

Are you aware that by allowing US military engineers on ground here is tantamount to allowing foreign military boots on our soil ....you people don't think things through abeg

2 Likes

Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by popesco123: 6:33pm On Aug 29, 2020
ipob are not here, go to igbere tv and comment there, uncircumcised bloody born-fool
b
NGpatriot:

They are mad and barking like bingo already..

grin grin
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by Enceladus(m): 6:35pm On Aug 29, 2020
Another wasted attempt to claim military clout. Buying toys from the whites. The Sr-71 or f-117 where developed in the 1960s and are far superior. It's time to train our own engineers and stop feeding from the droplets of the whites!!
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by Patrioticman007(m): 6:36pm On Aug 29, 2020
35824L:
Igbos will not be happy with their daddy Trump because of this news. How dare he build a military base in the 'zoo' to support the 'zoo' soldiers crackdown on their people? cheesy

Guy you too, much.
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by NGpatriot: 6:39pm On Aug 29, 2020

Nigerian Air Force (NAF) spokesman Group Captain Ayodele Famuyiwa in January said the Alpha Jets bought from the United States could not be deployed on operations because they could not deliver weapons, thus relegating them to training.

He said the NAF had earlier looked overseas for assistance to get the aircraft reconfigured for combat but foreign companies were asking for $20,000-30,000 to carry out initial assessments of the project, so the NAF decided to form its own team to carry out the work.

"The model worked on the ground, and has since been mounted on the Alpha Jets, and test flown successfully," he said. "This feat is a major research and development breakthrough for the NAF and the nation as a huge foreign exchange saver, given the project only cost about N400,000 $2,000."

http://v2.itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-44783/

This is what they used to do, they steal and loot weapon funds for our military and instead buy secondhand, decommissioned and obsolete military hardware.

How do you fight terrorists if you can not carry or drop munitions?

This is how heartless and unpatriotic some Nigerians are.

The NAF through their ingenuity reconfigured the jets to carry and drop weapons.

This is why PMB did not go through any middlemen, he went straight to Trump, paid the US government directly, now we are getting everything we paid for by the book.

1 Like

Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by NGpatriot: 6:40pm On Aug 29, 2020
[s]
GamalNasser:

I can see how your forward think Buhari govt has improved Nigeria grin grin Keep deceiving yourself

Well I can't understand why a foreign military will come help us build airforce base in our country...Can't the give Buhari the specifications of the facility those planes need so we can award the contract to civil engineering firm to build ..I don't see why 12 turbo props even need a special base it's not like we are buying F35s oo.

Are you aware that by allowing US military engineers on ground here is tantamount to allowing foreign military boots on our soil ....you people don't think things through abeg
[/s]

Stop boring me with your ignorant and unintelligent backward nonsense, not interested.

1 Like

Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by Deepthoughts: 6:41pm On Aug 29, 2020
NGpatriot:

https://www.aflcmc.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/2328270/afsac-awards-361-million-construction-contract-for-a-29-beddown/
God Bless PMB

God Bless Nigeria.

I hope this so call A-29 super tucano is not just one nicely package garbage been promoted by hi tech propaganda n bought by fools, the way the aircraft looks like ww2 aircrafts creates serious doubts in my mind, what is the proven combat record of this aircraft n which other countries have used them successfully?.
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by caye(m): 6:41pm On Aug 29, 2020
DUMMY NIGERIANS! The White man just sold you a WW2 fighter jet he uses for training purposes!
You've been fooled again!
A nation of 200 million mumus led by an illiterate Mallam.
By the way, the moniker rentAcock is a supicious entity.
Talks like those guys from " the agency". If you check closely, he's laughing at the apparent stupidity of Nigerians.
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by shedy03(m): 6:41pm On Aug 29, 2020
Bluntguy:
As long as this will not be constructed in Daura, it's fine by me.
Location for the base has been concluded years ago.
https://www.thedefensepost.com/2019/04/25/nigeria-a-29-super-tucano-kainji-base/
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by NofiuFade(m): 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2020
This is good news pls!
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by juman(m): 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
Ordinary americans are good people but they have bad leaders.
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by bejeria101(m): 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
Watch northerners panic
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by eazymoni: 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
NGpatriot:
For the first time in our history, we are getting a world class air force base with world class facilities, airfield hot cargo pad, perimeter and security fencing, munitions assembly and storage, small arms storage, a flight annex wing building for simulator training, airfield lighting, and various airfield apron, parking, hangar, and entry control point improvements.

This is part of the 12 A-29 Tucano package that we've already paid for.

world class facilities for out dated and laughable planes
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by BotherMleeper(m): 6:51pm On Aug 29, 2020
NGpatriot:
For the first time in our history, we are getting a world class air force base with world class facilities, airfield hot cargo pad, perimeter and security fencing, munitions assembly and storage, small arms storage, a flight annex wing building for simulator training, airfield lighting, and various airfield apron, parking, hangar, and entry control point improvements.

This is part of the 12 A-29 Tucano package that we've already paid for.

World-class facility?

For a turboprop trainer aircraft?

If we'd bought T38 Talons, which are equally trainer aircraft but jet-powered, I'd have said ok.
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 29, 2020
phranklyn92:
There's more to this than meet the eyes angry

you are very wise.

When has the US ever built a base in any country and left shortly after? History will tell better.

The name of the company awarded the contract already raises a few eyebrows.

A lot of Nigerians know nothing about intelligence, espionage and protection of western interests.

Nigeria is over

2 Likes

Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by phranklyn92(m): 6:52pm On Aug 29, 2020
DurexDcondom:

I think so too.
Bad sign. See any country the US has a presence whatsoever, we all know the other stories.
Innocent Nigerians should braze up for the worst ahit that may happen few years from now.
Thank you.
The US can not be trusted.
They don't do anything without expecting something in return.
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by NGpatriot: 6:53pm On Aug 29, 2020
Deepthoughts:
I hope this so call A-29 super tucano is not just one nicely package garbage been promoted by hi tech propaganda n bought by fools, the way the aircraft looks like ww2 aircrafts creates serious doubts in my mind, what is the proven combat record of this aircraft n which other countries have used them successfully?.

SEALS, Tucano planes and more than 3,300 pounds of weapons

Super Tucano can fight from the air at less than 1,000 feet above the ground battle.

In fact, five hard points under the wing and fuselage allow the aircraft to bring more than 3,300 pounds of weapons to a fight.

In addition to two internal machine guns, it can bring two .50" machine guns in the wings, with each unleashing 200 rounds for powerful close support of ground forces.

Rocket launchers like the LAU-68 and bombs like the Mk 81 or Mk 82 equipped with guidance kits are two other sorts of firepower it can unload to defeat enemy forces.

If the Super Tucano is under attack from an enemy plane, then it can unleash short-range air-air missiles like the AIM-9 Sidewinders – just like jets.

In addition to armor, the air crew’s safety is enhanced with advanced tech like MAWS (Missile Approach Warning System) and RWR (Radar Warning Receiver). It also has cunning modern tech like chaff and flares to defeat enemy attacks

Modern missions often happen at night. The aircraft has been designed to be compatible with this need - from NVG Gen. III infra-red vision capability to details like cockpit and external lights that are compatible with NVG.

The electro optical infrared system helps the pilots recognize targets by collecting images around the clock, both day and night. FLIR (Forward Looking Infrared) supplies digitized thermal imaging.

U.S. Navy SEALs often identify the very best technology and then trailblaze with it.

The SEALS spotted the potential of the Tucano and fought hard for it to be adopted to provide better close air support, transforming it into the Super Tucano.

The result? The birth of the A-29B Super Tucano and an aircraft that would prove the SEALS right time and again downrange. It performed so well that the Super Tucano stable grew.

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/seals-tucano-planes-and-more-than-3300-pounds-of-weapons

If you don't know what the Tucanos are or their capabilities, ask the US Navy Seals (The best military Unit on the surface of the earth) why they love the plane and keep buying more of them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by phranklyn92(m): 6:54pm On Aug 29, 2020
WUdec:

you are very wise.

When has the US ever built a base in any country and left.

A lot of Nigerians know nothing about intelligence, espionage and protection of western interests.

Nigeria is over
Exactly my point.
This is an ominous move I tell you.

1 Like

Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 29, 2020
35824L:

Not surprised you do not know anything. Igbos This and that., you no get other reasonable things to do with yourself.
You go soon die.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I Have Made The Hard Choice - Tinubu / Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark / China-africa Summit; Pro-biafra Supporters Protest In South Africa. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.