Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,639 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria (37805 Views)

Nigerian Army Women Corps To Hold 7-Day Field Training Exercises / Nigerian Air Force A29 Supertucano Attack Aircraft Completes First Flight. Pics / Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by nedekid: 7:00pm On Aug 29, 2020
NGpatriot:

This is what they used to do, they steal and loot weapon funds for our military and instead buy secondhand, decommissioned and obsolete military hardware.

How do you fight terrorists if you can not carry or drop munitions?

This is how heartless and unpatriotic some Nigerians are.

The NAF through their ingenuity reconfigured the jets to carry and drop weapons.

This is why PMB did not go through any middlemen, he went straight to Trump, paid the US government directly, now we are getting everything we paid for by the book.
Oga speak of what you know.
The reason naf had to look for alpha Jets was simply to replace the ones that had been lost over the years. Alfa Jets are no longer being manufactured for years so where is will you get them other than buying "warbirds" ie de militarized and now civilian ex war planes?
Naf had to build up their fleet of AJets because their mechanics, technicians, pilots etc had extensive knowledge and experience with the airframe.
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by makjo900: 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2020
you dont send "free" ventilators for nothing. Nothing is free even in freetown
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by armyofone(m): 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2020
Best deal - not those Chinese things they built around the country that fall apart the next day after light rainfall.
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by NGpatriot: 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2020
BotherMleeper:

World-class facility?

For a turboprop trainer aircraft?

If we'd bought T38 Talons, which are equally trainer aircraft but jet-powered, I'd have said ok.

An Air Force pilot died and another has been hospitalized after the fifth T-38 Talon crash this past year

https://www.businessinsider.com/air-force-pilot-dies-in-fifth-t-38-talon-crash-in-twelve-months-2018-11

Look at this one posting rubbish.

The USAF suffered 5 crashes and deaths in one single year flying that Talon piece of shit rubbish, they've grounded the worthless plane you are recommending for us to buy in place of the more dependable, more productive and well suited Tucanos.

Besides, different planes, different needs, we bought the planes to fight BH, not state or country to country militaries.

You people just talk as if you know something, but most of the time, you display only ignorance and utter rubbish, I don't even know why you think you know more than other people.

I'm a million miles ahead of you.

2 Likes

Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by NGpatriot: 7:08pm On Aug 29, 2020
nedekid:

Oga speak of what you know.
The reason naf had to look for alpha Jets was simply to replace the ones that had been lost over the years. Alfa Jets are no longer being manufactured for years so where is will you get them other than buying "warbirds" ie de militarized and now civilian ex war planes?
Naf had to build up their fleet of AJets because their mechanics, technicians, pilots etc had extensive knowledge and experience with the airframe.

So, we decided to replace fighter jets, but decided to buy obsolete jets that can not fight, that can not carry weapons or even kill a goat.

Mentally corrupt Nigerian youths are always defending and supporting crooked and crooked unpatriotic activities.

Some of you can be very very embarrassing with your comments sha.

2 Likes

Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 29, 2020
BotherMleeper:

World-class facility?

For a turboprop trainer aircraft?

If we'd bought T38 Talons, which are equally trainer aircraft but jet-powered, I'd have said ok.

that plane is good for infantry suppression/support operations.
Nigeria basically wanted a cheap airframe that can loiter more to observe , do reconnaissance 24/7 without refueling often, follow troops at relative speed and meaningful engage enemies.
Most jets are very fast hence the window to engage hostiles would be minimal (before the jet would have to turn around).
Infact that plane is made to engage peeps like bokoharam and the Niger Delta militants -who are very mobile .Even Afghan is getting that plane.
A better alternative would be the American A-10 thunderbolt,but the USA wouldn't give Nigeria that
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by Iscoalarcon: 7:19pm On Aug 29, 2020
Mahsums:

Let's be honest with ourselves the A29 super tucano was specifically designed for counter insurgency so where do u want it to be based if not in the north?
do you know the state in which the base will be constructed?
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by heendrix(m): 7:19pm On Aug 29, 2020
Mynd44:
Would we die if we have one more Airforce base?
Lol
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by BotherMleeper(m): 7:21pm On Aug 29, 2020
NGpatriot:

Look at this one posting rubbish.

The USAF suffered 5 crashes and deaths in one single year flying that Talon piece of shit rubbish, they've grounded the worthless plane you are recommending for us to buy in place of the more dependable, more productive and well suited Tucanos.

Besides, different planes, different needs, we bought the planes to fight BH, not state or country to country militaries.

You people just talk as if you know something, but most of the time, you display only ignorance and utter rubbish, I don't even know why you think you know more than other people.

I'm a million miles ahead of you.

Since you're utterly stupid and childish enough to devolve into insults, which is the refuge of ignorant scoundrels, I'll meet you on your own terms, you whimsically dimwitted piece of putrid shiit.

First, you made a stupid and nonsensical comment that we're getting a "world class" facility for the Tucanos; only a demented scumbag would make such stupid assertion, except if you're painfully unaware of what "world class" means within the bubble of your crass ignorance and general blockheadedness.

But I won't blame you, after all no one expects a donkey's worldview to extend beyond his smelly snout.

The T38, a plane introduced almost 50 years ago had only 210 incidents and is still in active operation, yet you're here making rubbish comments about 5 incidents.

The A29 too has had its fair share of incidents and crashes so STFU.

If you hadn't made your idiotic comment about a world class facility to support a light attack turbo prop i would normally ignore your stupid comment because insignificant online irritants hardly register on my radar.

And by the way you know absolutely nothing, you stupid insufferable punk piece of shiit demented pile of turd.

Fukk you and everyone you saw today.
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by BotherMleeper(m): 7:23pm On Aug 29, 2020
eduj:

that plane is good for infantry suppression/support operations.
Nigeria basically wanted a cheap airframe that can loiter more to observe , do reconnaissance 24/7 without refueling often, follow troops at relative speed and meaningful engage enemies.
Most jets are very fast hence the window to engage hostiles would be minimal (before the jet would have to turn around).
Infact that plane is made to engage peeps like bokoharam and the Niger Delta militants -who are very mobile .Even Afghan is getting that plane.
A better alternative would be the American A-10 thunderbolt,but the USA wouldn't give Nigeria that

I absolutely agree on the thunderbolt and the rationale for getting the A29.

My comment was in reference to a certain donkey's assertion that we're getting a "world-class" facility, not necessarily about the planes.
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by GamalNasser: 7:26pm On Aug 29, 2020
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Stop boring me with your ignorant and unintelligent backward nonsense, not interested.

Says one of the most unintelligent person in here

cool
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by peterantai(m): 7:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
I don't think the country should allow this. I tell you this is how they enter and control. They'll first come for business then they'll start offering help and assistance in the country private matter and before you know it they'll start controlling the system. I say no......
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by NGpatriot: 7:28pm On Aug 29, 2020
[s]
BotherMleeper:

Since you're utterly stupid and childish enough to devolve into insults, which is the refuge of ignorant scoundrels, I'll meet you on your own terms, you whimsically dimwitted piece of putrid shiit.

First, you made a stupid and nonsensical comment that we're getting a "world class" facility for the Tucanos; only a demented scumbag would make such stupid assertion, except if you're painfully unaware of what "world class" means within the bubble of your crass ignorance and general blockheadedness.

But I won't blame you, after all no one expects a donkey's worldview to extend beyond his smelly snout.

The T38, a plane introduced almost 50 years ago had only 210 incidents and is still in active operation, yet you're here making rubbish comments about 5 incidents.

The A29 too has had its fair share of incidents and crashes so STFU.

If you hadn't made your idiotic comment about a world class facility to support a light attack turbo prop i would normally ignore your stupid comment because insignificant online irritants hardly register on my radar.

And by the way you know absolutely nothing, you stupid insufferable punk piece of shiit demented pile of turd.

Fukk you and everyone you saw today.

[/s]

Quiet boring and off topic
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by BotherMleeper(m): 7:29pm On Aug 29, 2020
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Quiet boring and off topic

It's "quite", you perennial jackass.

Quiet is what you ought to keep.
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by NGpatriot: 7:32pm On Aug 29, 2020
[s]
GamalNasser:

Says one of the most unintelligent person in here

)
[/s]

Coming from the Commander in Chief of NL ignorant, unintelligent, hateful, bitter and anti Nigerian ipob terrorist group..

Confine your ignorant rubbish to your fellow anti Nigerian Igbos.
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by mu2sa2: 7:32pm On Aug 29, 2020
Bluntguy:
As long as this will not be constructed in Daura, it's fine by me.
If it is not fine by you nko, wetin you for do?

1 Like

Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by Godons1: 7:35pm On Aug 29, 2020
35824L:
Igbos will not be happy with their daddy Trump because of this news. How dare he build a military base in the 'zoo' to support the 'zoo' soldiers crackdown on their people? cheesy

That's why they made their own Trump. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by WelcomeToBiafra: 7:55pm On Aug 29, 2020
35824L:
Igbos will not be happy with their daddy Trump because of this news. How dare he build a military base in the 'zoo' to support the 'zoo' soldiers crackdown on their people? cheesy

What if is one of the USA strategies to support restoration of Biafra from within cheesy
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by Mgtowmonk: 7:57pm On Aug 29, 2020
they are preparing for a civil war I guess undecided
Make I run go Austria abeg!
I sense a war coming!
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by nedekid: 7:59pm On Aug 29, 2020
NGpatriot:

So, we decided to replace fighter jets, but decided to buy obsolete jets that can not fight, that can not carry weapons or even kill a goat.

Mentally corrupt Nigerian youths are always defending and supporting crooked and crooked unpatriotic activities.

Some of you can be very very embarrassing with your comments sha.
Please read and comprehend.
We had existing fleet of AJet. The fleet had lost some aircrafts over the years and they had to be replaced. They are no longer being manufactured. The only way is to buy de militarized ones from the civilian market and re militarized them!
If the fleet is eg is 24 aircrafts, you want to maintain the number of servisable airframe. As I told you before NAF has experience with AJets, mig 21s( hence we bought the chendu F7 Chinese version). L39 albatross.
Our primary ground attack airframe has been the Ajet complimented with mi25s and 35s(helos). To infuse a new airframe takes time, training, logistics etc. This is evident with how long it is taking to integrate the tucanos into active service. It takes years. They are not bisquit you just walk into the corner shop to buy. Even now the topic is about building new facilities by the US engineers to house the aircraft.
Nigeria conducting operations against insurgency, had to source around the world to get any available Ajets on the short term and have gotten 12 tokanos to complement them.

Note: when the UK retired their harrier Jets, the US marines bought them all including the decommissioned ones along with their parts etc. Majority were recommisioned, some used as parts to ensure the American harrier fleet was intact. This is a normal activity in airforces around the world.

But as usual you will turn it to politics that current government bought new Jets directly, others bought obsolete scap.
Stop being economical with the truth.

2 Likes

Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by NGpatriot: 8:02pm On Aug 29, 2020
nedekid:

Dont be silly, read and comprehend.
We had existing fleet of AJet. The fleet had lost some aircrafts over the years and they had to be replaced. They are no longer being manufactured. The only way is to buy de militarized ones from the civilian market and re militarized them!
If the fleet is eg is 24 aircrafts, you want to maintain the number of servisable airframe. As I told you before NAF has experience with AJets, mig 21s( hence we bought the chendu F7 Chinese version). L39 albatross.
Our primary ground attack airframe has been the Ajet complimented with mi25s and 35s(helos). To infuse a new airframe takes time, training, logistics etc. This is evident with how long it is taking to integrate the tucanos into active service. It takes years. They are not bisquit you just walk into the corner shop to buy. Even now the topic is about building new facilities by the US engineers to house the aircraft.
Nigeria conducting operations against insurgency, had to source around the world to get any available Ajets on the short term and have gotten 12 tokanos to complement them.

Note: when the UK retired their harrier Jets, the US marines bought them all including the decommissioned ones along with their parts etc. Majority were recommisioned, some used as parts to ensure the American harrier fleet was intact. This is a normal activity in airforces around the world.

But as usual you will turn it to politics that current government bought new Jets directly, others bought obsolete scap.
Stop being economical with the truth.

I read you're post, but I'm still telling you that it was a terrible decision to buy obsolete planes for any reason, especially closed out planes that they no longer make.

Why not buy a new one that can actually fight?
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by martineverest(m): 8:11pm On Aug 29, 2020
oneTIMEman:
Nothing good will come out from it
it's America they are talking about.u think America will just waste about 35 million dollars for nothing? something good will come out of it

the ulterior motive is to make Nigeria, a non-ally , an American ally....it's an anti-china move as Africa is China's last hope

2 Likes

Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by nedekid: 8:16pm On Aug 29, 2020
NGpatriot:

I read you're post, but I'm still telling you that it was a terrible decision to buy obsolete planes for any reason, especially closed out planes that they no longer make.

Why not buy a new one that can actually fight?
Sorry for my earlier statement. I have corrected it.
Let's just be possitive the new tocanos makes a deference when the arrive. But if you notice in the news when the army strikes Boko Haram it is always with Ajets.
If the fleet was not servicable, we wount have aircover until the new aircrafts arrive.
Note that they will also complement themselves, eg the Ajets are jet powered and so will arrive on site for aircover pending the arrival of tucanos that are slower but can loiter longer, carry precision weapons etc. The tucanos will also operate better at night as they have better avionics, optics and Flir.

1 Like

Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by NGpatriot: 8:17pm On Aug 29, 2020
[s]
BotherMleeper:

It's "quite", you perennial jackass.

Quiet is what you ought to keep.

[/s]

Still utterly boring though..
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by osilamah77(m): 8:29pm On Aug 29, 2020
New format..
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by NGpatriot: 8:37pm On Aug 29, 2020
nedekid:

Let's just be possitive the new tocanos makes a deference when the arrive. But if you notice in the news when the army strikes Boko Haram it is always with Ajets.
If the fleet was not servicable, we wount have aircover until the new aircrafts arrive.
Note that they will also complement themselves, eg the Ajets are jet powered and so will arrive on site for aircover pending the arrival of tucanos that are slower but can loiter longer, carry precision weapons etc. The tucanos will also operate better at night as they have better avionics, optics and Flir.

I know we've made so any mistakes, I'm just appreciative that we used a different and more straightforward method with this particular acquisition and package.

At this stage, we shouldn't be using alpha jets for any reason, but we have to deploy them because of our past mistakes and unscrupulous purchase.

For a change, we did a country to country acquisition with everything detailed and highlighted from the weapons that comes with the planes, training, software, parts, simulators, hanger and base facilities.

We should have been using this method, but it's never too late.

Look at the $2.3 billion weapons funds they gave to Dasuki to share with corrupt politicians, we spent around $500 million on the Tucano package, imagine what 42.3 billion can buy or what we could have done with that kind of money.

We are awaiting 3 JF-17 multi role fighter which we paid $184 million for, imagine how many JF-17 we didn't jet to buy with that $2.3 billion.

For a change, we are doing the right thing.

2 Likes

Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by NGpatriot: 8:44pm On Aug 29, 2020
Major Defense Equipment (MDE):

One hundred (100) GBU-12 (500lb) Paveway II (PW-II) Tailkits

One hundred (100) GBU-58 (250lb) PW-II Tailkits

Four hundred (400) Laser Guided Rockets including Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS)

Two thousand (2,000) MK-81 (250lb) bombs

Five thousand (5,000) 2.75 inch Hydra 70 Unguided Rockets (70mm rockets)

One thousand (1,000) 2.75 inch Hydra 70 Unguided Rockets (practice)

Twenty thousand (20,000) Rounds, .50 Caliber Machine Gun Ammo

The weapons/Munitions we are getting with the package.

Very massive.
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 29, 2020
Airbase for A2 Super Tucano? Lol. Lack of exposure nor good sha. Is the American military using this jey for combat? This is an old jet that no serious country should be buying not to talk of building an airbase for!

Na wa for this country.

PS: before you carry your miserable life to come and quote be as an enemy of progress, please read up fighter jets serious countries are buying and note I'm not igbo!.
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 29, 2020
nedekid:

Please, stop disgracing yourself on social media. No Military worth it's salt in this world uses a Super Tucano jet. No military in this world still buys a Super Tucano jet not to talk of building an airbase for it (except Nigerian military). These are obsolete jets that are now mainly used for commercial purposes.

There are F-16, F-22 rapports that Nigeria can buy (F-35 not included because the Americans wouldn't sell).

Please, stop saying nonsense. Go and read jets militaries all over the world are buying. Nigeria military has no business buying Super Tucano jets, no matter the intention.
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:53pm On Aug 29, 2020
rentAcock:
Wonderful news. With this airbase, we will project our military might over the Atlantic. Some narrow minded people will say the money is better spent in other things, but the truth is, as a soveign nation of over 170 million people, it is paramount to have a strong military so other countries will think twice before starting a war. You see, war does not announce itself, you have to be prepared at all times.

As the most populous Black nation on the planet, Blacks all over the world are looking at us for leadership and guidance. Blacks in the carribean, U.S, Latin America and Erurope believe Nigeria is the real life version of the mythical Wakanda. Chadwick Boseman will be bragging to the angels right now like, those are my people down there in Africa doing great things. RIP Black Panther.
We don't have any might to project. Our military is in shambles. These jets that were bought at heavily inflated costs won't stand up against any 4th-gen fighter not to talk of 5th gen
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by googi: 8:54pm On Aug 29, 2020
So if you do not know the difference between modern, foreign and civilized it is my fault. It makes me anti-Nigerian?

I thought you have more sense than that. You have strengthed out your hands as a beggar since Independence for foreign aids, foreign portfolio investments, foreign jobs and military aids. You really think they are FREE!

Depend on yourselves for a change. Nigeria kicked Ebola, USA was scared to death mongering fears. By our ingenuity and determination we shall kick Covid-19. If we can do those, Nigeria has potential for greater heights.

You cannot see connection between that and military aid, actually bug or listening post given to you for FREE!

Think harder man.

NGpatriot:

It is modern and first class because the best engineers with hundreds of years of experience and know how are building the facilities, not because it is foreign.

There's a difference between foreign and world class experience, skills and expertise.

I don't even know what military facilities has got to do with Covid.

It is not by force to comment or to let us know how ignorant, hateful and anti Nigerian you are.
Re: US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria by NGpatriot: 8:56pm On Aug 29, 2020
One hundred (100) GBU-12 (500lb) Paveway II (PW-II) Tailkits

Believe it or not, the Tucano carries and drops the same high-tech killer weapons that the latest US jets like the F35s .

And we are getting 100 Paveway II (PW-II) aerial laser-guided bombs.

The Tucano is a beast, don't underestimate it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I Have Made The Hard Choice - Tinubu / China-africa Summit; Pro-biafra Supporters Protest In South Africa. Photos / VP Osinbajo Pictured With Gov. Yahaya Bello Earlier Today At Okenne Kogi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.