Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,083 members, 7,825,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate (8679 Views)

Fola Adeola's Governorship Campaign Posters Flood Ogun State / Today Is Nuhu Ribadu's Birthday. Your Wish Or Advice To Him. / Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by aljharem(m): 1:25pm On Feb 20, 2011
by Olawale Olaleye

Barring any last minute changes, Mr. Afolabi Tajudeen Adeola, former Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, former chairman of the National Pension Commission (Pencom), and former member on the (Tony) Blair Commission on Africa, may have been named the running mate of the fledgling candidacy of the anti-corruption czar, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

Ribadu is the presidential candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN). If this happens, it would follow on the heels of the Chief MKO

Abiola-Alhaji Babagana Kingibe Muslim-Muslim ticket, which was widely accepted by Nigerians across regional and ethnic lines in the annulled 1993 presidential election.

Analysts believe it may work again because both Ribadu and Adeola are not known to be religious champions, practising their faith privately and quietly. They are equally known to work across religious and tribal lines.

Party sources confirmed that discussions and consultations are still on-going on the choice of Adeola, and it is expected that matters relating to the pairing of duo will be concluded later today in the evening to beat the INEC deadline tomorrow (February 21) for the substitution of presidential candidates and their running mates.

When contacted last night, Adeola confirmed that he had been approached by the leadership of the ACN but that they were yet to conclude discussions.

The former banker, who likened the decision to a marriage between two people, also admitted that issues relating to the development must be concluded today.

“By the grace of God, everything will be resolved by this time tomorrow (today, Sunday).”

Adeola added that all related issues have to be carefully looked into before a final decision is taken. He said the offer is not what he is taking lightly.

Also confirming the story, one of the ACN governors said the choice of Adeola as Ribadu’s running mate is one of the intelligent decisions the party has taken at this time of the year.

He described Adeola as a detailed person who would naturally pair with a Ribadu, an administrative hand.

The governor said there is the need for a running mate, who would take up all the detailed assignments that the presidential job demands, especially in the quest for a better Nigeria.

He said the Ribadu-Adeola ticket would go down in history as one of the best ever produced in the country by any political party, adding, “We are in this to win and not to consider what some class of people would think about a Muslim-Muslim ticket.

“Even the political class is waiting to break away from the old order. They don’t just know how to go about it.”

The governor, who sounded excited about the development said Adeola is a respectable young man who has paid his dues in the development, of the country.

As co-founder and ex-managing director of GTBank, he said Adeola walked away when the ovation was loudest. He posited that Adeola had also handled many sensitive and vital assignments in the country and beyond.

“He has what it takes to rebuild this country. This country needs rebuilding and not rebranding like the PDP is doing. Nigeria needs root and branch reformation.

“So, we can’t have people who are part of the problem as part of the solution. It would not work. That is the difference between the PDP candidate who is though a nice guy, but is clueless,” he said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fola-adeola-is-nuhu-ribadu-s-running-mate/86548/
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by aljharem(m): 1:31pm On Feb 20, 2011
now we have

PDP jonathan and sambo

CPC buhari and bakare

ACN ribadu and fola

apga adopted jonathan sad

this election would be a funny and interesting one grin grin grin grin
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by foreman: 3:14pm On Feb 20, 2011
I don't like this! Now I am confused Buhari or Ribadu?
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by GoldCircle: 3:21pm On Feb 20, 2011
This Fola Adeola guy wants to get himself messed up with Nigerian politicians. i dont quite see this arrangement gelling. . .i hope he pulls out before the pour poo on him
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Muza(m): 3:25pm On Feb 20, 2011
guy dont be confused,BB is the way
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by rebranded(m): 3:39pm On Feb 20, 2011
Now this is a winning combination

I think the problem before was the fact the ACN wanted a yoruba VP. .and its settled now so, lets get ready to move to Aso rock folks
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by foreman: 3:45pm On Feb 20, 2011
Muza:

Fola Adeola is an heavyweigh if you asked me. I'll be in a very serious dilemma if Fola is chosen eventually. Buhari is better than ribadu but Fola is definitely better than Bakare. I am 100% Fola will make alot of difference in the Ribadu ticket.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by foreman: 3:48pm On Feb 20, 2011
BTW, I am still praying, wishing and hoping Buhari and Ribadu will just fuse into one ticket. I am sure that will be the end for the Odechukwu fisherman.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by foreman: 3:56pm On Feb 20, 2011
^^^
they are supporting Jonathan, so they have not lost a thing.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by fstranger3(m): 3:57pm On Feb 20, 2011
foreman:

^^^
they are supporting Jonathan, so they have not lost a thing.

Yeah right!
Like Jonathan really gives a shyyt about Ndigbo.

Stop fooling yourself
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 20, 2011
Now this ticket looks inviting, a lot of Yoruba upward mobile folks will be sold on this ticket. Really going to help Ribadu solidfy his hold in the West.

Wish GEJ can find a way to break this combo. . . . . . it is far more potent in the S/W than the Buhari / Bakare combo.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by opabukun(m): 12:11pm On Feb 21, 2011
Muza:

grin grin YEAH grin grin
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by maclatunji: 12:12pm On Feb 21, 2011
Hmmm. A nice combo. However, I do not think they can win with the current demography we have in Nigeria. I am beginning to see a second round for this presidential election. Abeg, we need a competent lawyer or political analyst to let us know the provisions of the constitution regarding the requirements to be met before any of the candidates will be declared the winner of the April Presidential elections.

Secondly, under what conditions will a second-round be conducted in the Presidential elections according to the Nigerian constitution?
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Afam4eva(m): 12:14pm On Feb 21, 2011
What's so nice about the combo.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 21, 2011
fstranger3:

Once again, Ndigbo have lost, just as how they lost their stupidd war.

Ndigbo is the most inconsequential major ethnic group in Nigeria

With this latest move, it does seem that WaZoBia is really[b] WaZoVare[/b]

Mr moderate, offensive posts like this should not be allowed. This is very tribalistic and uncalled for.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by fstranger3(m): 12:47pm On Feb 21, 2011
^^^

What is your problem
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Dreamchaser1(f): 1:10pm On Feb 21, 2011
This is not going down well with me o, the south east and the south south are being deliberately schemed out of things. Well by april 9th we would know who the true boss is and which region can really pull their weight!
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Image123(m): 1:12pm On Feb 21, 2011
So i might actually have to vote after all?
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by bisiaet: 1:24pm On Feb 21, 2011
Interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Mkpotu(m): 1:31pm On Feb 21, 2011
A wild goose chase!!!
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Pataki: 1:36pm On Feb 21, 2011
slyopez:

@fstrange, u re a goat, pig, cow in short "ibu anu ohia". Ribadu/Adeola ticket is no threat 2 GEJ. Who the f****k are they? Bet me, they cant get upto 5% of general vote in April poll. Yoruba's are clamouring for Ribadu or Buhari support cos they both have yoruba's as running mates. Confused set of tribalistic cowards.
Your stupidity is infinitely blessed. Either you chose idiocy as your buddie, or idiocy has found you idle enough to keep your company, whichever, you are most definitely blessed with stupidity.

When Bakare (a Yoruba man) was being arrested up and down in Nigeria by the SSS, had his passport seized even under a democratic dispensation, where were you to call him a coward?

When Bakare (a Yoruba man) stood up with SNG and marched to Abuja to fight the AGN and Turai over us not having a President, where were you to call him a tribalistic coward? Where was your Goodluck at that time?

Now, there are Yoruba men contesting as Vice-Presidents, in your idiotic way of thinking, we are ''confused set of tribalistic cowards'' for choosing to support honest intellectual men?
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Alxmyr(m): 1:44pm On Feb 21, 2011
When the chips are down, three things will determine:
Financial strength, religion and tribe.
Muslim/muslim ticket cannot work for them, not now that we have boko Haram.
Of all the six states in west, many of their senators and reps will win. Yoruba are not swept with ACN syndrome.
Lastly, Adeola was not prepared for this. And it is too late into the game.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Johndoe100(m): 2:00pm On Feb 21, 2011
Is it not strange how most parties have a very major presence on the internet, but are really only small players in real life?

None of these people can unseat PDP. Why waste your energy?

[size=18pt]FRESH AIR 2011[/size]
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by fstranger3(m): 2:01pm On Feb 21, 2011
^^^
Alxmyr:

When the chips are down, three things will determine:
Financial strength, religion and tribe.
Muslim/muslim ticket cannot work for them, not now that we have boko Haram.
Of all the six states in west, many of their senators and reps will win. Yoruba are not swept with ACN syndrome.
Lastly, Adeola was not prepared for this. And it is too late into the game.

The VP doesnt have to be prepared, as long as the President is prepared, nothing else matters.

As long as Fola Adeola is ready to part with some kishi, the rest can be handled
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by floriana(m): 2:28pm On Feb 21, 2011
Where is Pastor Chris Okotie pls? We need a breath of Fresh air
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Amalaaba: 3:10pm On Feb 21, 2011
I am not a lawyer but i have the information on the requirement for winning the Presidential Election: A candidate needs to win 25% of all the valid votes cast in 2/3 of all the 36 states and Abuja. In order words you need to score 25% from at least 25 states.

Analysis based on one man one vote :
If GEJ can win all NC, SE and SS states plus 25% in at least 10 states in the SW, NW and NE then he would carry the day. I believe he can, but the reports i am getting from the North is that Buhari's support is near total and he has some die hard supporters in SW. I can not see him getting 10% in any SE and SS states. I cannot see a second round.

Ribadu with anybody as vice would probably win 2 states in SW. I'm sure he would loose his state.

MY VERDICT: Unless something dramatic happens, in a free and fair election, GEJ will win. By the way, i WILL not vote for GEJ.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by joesbuba: 3:25pm On Feb 21, 2011
gej will win no matter what all other paty do
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by dayokanu(m): 3:39pm On Feb 21, 2011
Interesting
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 21, 2011
That is the difference between the PDP candidate who is though a nice guy, but is clueless,” he said.

If PDP candidate is nice but clueless, ACN candidate can be said to be_____________________________ for chosing Fola as running mate
(a) cool but brainless
(b) young but naive
(c) inexperience but outspoken
(c) "a" and "b" above
(d) all of the above
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Afam4eva(m): 4:29pm On Feb 21, 2011
koastar:

If PDP candidate is nice but clueless, ACN candidate can be said to be_____________________________ for chosing Fola as running mate
(a) cool but brainless
(b) young but naive
(c) inexperience but outspoken
(c) "a" and "b" above
(d) all of the above

The answer is C
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by alldone(m): 4:39pm On Feb 21, 2011
i knew it that ribadu can act on his own. he need to be controlled.
how many times have they had problem of VP now. if he want muslim/muslim
then he should pick Asiwaju as running mate. Beside it is better to choose from SE or SS
but this people are selfish.

what happen if a ribadu and a SE guy become presido then they will hijack the party and those people in the SW that own the party will be thrown out.

i guess the fair is their. we are watching
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by maclatunji: 4:46pm On Feb 21, 2011
Amalaaba:

I am not a lawyer but i have the information on the requirement for winning the Presidential Election: A candidate needs to win 25% of all the valid votes cast in 2/3 of all the 36 states and Abuja. In order words you need to score 25% from at least 25 states.

Analysis based on one man one vote :
If GEJ can win all NC, SE and SS states plus 25% in at least 10 states in the SW, NW and NE then he would carry the day. I believe he can, but the reports i am getting from the North is that Buhari's support is near total and he has some die hard supporters in SW. I can not see him getting 10% in any SE and SS states. I cannot see a second round.

Ribadu with anybody as vice would probably win 2 states in SW. I'm sure he would loose his state.

MY VERDICT: Unless something dramatic happens, in a free and fair election, GEJ will win. By the way, i WILL not vote for GEJ.

My friend I appreciate your effort but you are TOTALLY Wrong. Why do I say this? It's simple if GEJ wins at least 25% in 25 states. The other two major candidates can as well win 35% and 30% in 25 states and still beat him, the remaining balance of 10% can go to the lesser parties. The remaining 11 states and Abuja are up for grabs as well.

If you have CORRECT information on the requirements for victory in the April 2011 elections, let us have it here and give us your source. i just destroyed the first attempt because it is mathematically defective.  Let us do detailed and objective analysis for once on this forum.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The American Oil Boom Won't Last Long At $65 Per Barrel / N400m Fraud: Metuh Writes DSS To Allow Dasuki To Testify As Witness / 2019 Elections Will Be Free, Fair - Presidency Assures Nigerians, Int'l Communit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.