Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,787 members, 7,841,050 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate (8695 Views)

Fola Adeola's Governorship Campaign Posters Flood Ogun State / Today Is Nuhu Ribadu's Birthday. Your Wish Or Advice To Him. / Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Obiagu1(m): 4:49pm On Feb 21, 2011
Talk of shooting oneself in the foot.
Northern vote will be split into 3,
SW vote will be split into 2
SE vote unchanged
SS vote unchanged

Who wins?
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by bashr4: 5:14pm On Feb 21, 2011
dont think ribadu will not gain any vote from south south and south east , i like ribad but he will loose out in this race, the SS,SE,and NC,NE ,NW will neva vote any party with a yoruba man thats just the sad truth people are sensitive with these issues of which tribe is next , i see GEJ winning even withou rigging because he is goin to sweep SS and SE vote along with majority of nothern votes with his new deal with ciroma, ibb and the rest nothern shakers , its just the sad truth. tirbalism is very strong in nigeria i really think parties should consider the zonning arrangements.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by bashr4: 5:21pm On Feb 21, 2011
fstranger3:

Once again, Ndigbo have lost, just as how they lost their stupidd war.

Ndigbo is the most inconsequential major ethnic group in Nigeria

With this latest move, it does seem that WaZoBia is really[b] WaZoVare[/b]

with foolish statements like this what makes you think a SE or SS person will vote for ACN even if they put jesus christ and john the baptist as their candidates , you need to grow up and shut up as we see the effect of the years you have ruled nigeria, crime no electricity, bad roads ,its something you sholdnt be proud of instead your worried about people that are better off than you .
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by EzeUche2(m): 5:21pm On Feb 21, 2011
Bad move on the part of the ACN. They have a lot to learn.

SE + SS and parts of the Middle Belt will go to GEJ

Core North will go to Buhari.

And the SW vote is now split.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On Feb 21, 2011
bashr4:

dont think ribadu will not gain any vote from south south and south east , i like ribad but he will loose out in this race, the SS,SE,and NC,NE ,NW will neva vote any party with a yoruba man thats just the sad truth people are sensitive with these issues of which tribe is next , i see GEJ winning even withou rigging because he is goin to sweep SS and SE vote along with majority of nothern votes with his new deal with ciroma, ibb and the rest nothern shakers , its just the sad truth. tirbalism is very strong in nigeria i really think parties should consider the zonning arrangements.

Can we please stop making these false statements of those we are unwilling to openly view as they really are? Historically, figures do not show the statement in bold to be the case, so what is your conclusion based on?

@Poster, has he finally made up his mind on this one? Or are we going to get news next week of how it is a different person?
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by seanet02: 5:35pm On Feb 21, 2011
EzeUche_:

Bad move on the part of the ACN. They have a lot to learn.

SE + SS and parts of the Middle Belt will go to GEJ

Core North will go to Buhari.

And the SW vote is now split.

i am very happy they did not choose an eastern guy, the south west is for ACN, the north is between Ribadu and buhari, GEJ gets south east and south south,middle belt between Ribadu, GEJ and buhari. Since APGA has already endorsed GEJ and knowing our ibo brothers to always be in support of Any Government In Power, it makes no sense to pick an ibo dude since he is not going to add to the votes. Ribadu wins this no qualms
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by bashr4: 5:36pm On Feb 21, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Can we please stop making these false statements of those we are unwilling to openly view as they really are? Historically, figures do not show the statement in bold to be the case, so what is your conclusion based on?

@Poster, has he finally made up his mind on this one? Or are we going to get news next week of how it is a different person?

am not talking about people like you that have access to internet , lets take it to the streets SE and SS votes are goin to GEJ the whole north will be divided with GEJ and BUHARItaking the majority votes there , thats just the sad truth.

ribadu would have joined with a SS or SE person (like pat utomi or okonjo iweala) that would have split GEJ votes in the SE SS then woiuth the acn and tinubu influence gain them more supporters from the west while sweeping the remaing of wats left from northern votes.

i still maintain in a tribalist country like nigeria zoning should really be adopted by all parties
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by bashr4: 5:44pm On Feb 21, 2011
seanet02:

i am very happy they did not choose an eastern guy, the south west is for ACN, the north is between Ribadu and buhari, GEJ gets south east and south south,middle belt between Ribadu, GEJ and buhari. Since APGA has already endorsed GEJ and knowing our ibo brothers to always be in support of Any Government In Power, it makes no sense to pick an ibo dude since he is not going to add to the votes. Ribadu wins this no qualms

yeah rite SW is already split between buhari and ribadu leaving the whole SE SS to GEJ i dey laff oo , i dont like GEJ but this is a cheap win for him they dont even need to rig in order to win , go and tell an ordinary onitsha ,bayelsa, delta, crossrivers,or even edo man on the street to vote for an hausa/yoruba when there own person is vying for the same post. it just dont work that way as these are the people that make up 80% of voters
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by adoniss: 5:49pm On Feb 21, 2011
This is definately not an intelligent move, not in the present day Nigeria.

Pataki why do u bother to reply that slowpoke? I like your post anyway, thumbs up!
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by dayokanu(m): 5:55pm On Feb 21, 2011
bashr4:

yeah rite SW is already split between buhari and ribadu leaving the whole SE SS to GEJ i dey laff oo , i dont like GEJ but this is a cheap win for him they dont even need to rig in order to win , go and tell an ordinary onitsha ,bayelsa, delta, crossrivers,or even edo man on the street to vote for an hausa/yoruba when there own person is vying for the same post. it just dont work that way as these are the people that make up 80% of voters

What is the number of registered voters in the SS and SE combined together? Then compare it with only the SW
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by EzeUche2(m): 5:57pm On Feb 21, 2011
dayokanu:

What is the number of registered voters in the SS and SE combined together? Then compare it with only the SW

SW vote will be split regardless. The only unified vote is SE/SS and the Core North. Middle Belt will be the battleground.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by jason123: 5:59pm On Feb 21, 2011
EzeUche_:

SW vote will be split regardless. The only unified vote is SE/SS and the Core North. Middle Belt will be the battleground.

You are right. Thw vote of the SW is divided, why? Because 45% would go to Ribadu and Buhari each while 10% or less would go to GEJ. Best believe
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by EzeUche2(m): 6:00pm On Feb 21, 2011
seanet02:

Ribadu cannot compete with Buhari in the North. Do you know how loved Buhari is amongst Northerners? Ribadu is even unknown by most in his region. GEJ doesn't even have to rig, because he will already get half of the Middle Belt and the entire East.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Justcash(m): 6:01pm On Feb 21, 2011
dayokanu:

How many registered voters in the SW are Yorubas?
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by EzeUche2(m): 6:03pm On Feb 21, 2011
Justcash:

How many people in the SW are Yorubas?

Ha!

He forgets about Niger Deltans, Igbos, and Northerners are present in the South-West.

Kwara may even vote for Buhari.
grin
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by jason123: 6:05pm On Feb 21, 2011
TBH, I really do not see this as a political blunder because Ohanaeze has already secure igbo votes for GEJ through "ghana must go" regardless of the impact GEJ make or not. Now that is called tribalism, o matter how you sugar coat it.
Most SWesterns just want change that is why 40-50% of them would go for Buhari. The other 40-45% would go for Ribadu because they are Urban oriented and ribadu fits the bill there
The remaining 5% would be gathered by the Swestern thieves such as OBJ, BODE GEORGE, AKALA ETC.
MO
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by jason123: 6:07pm On Feb 21, 2011
Justcash:

How many registered voters in the SW are Yorubas?

NONE!!! SMH!! The more you say things like that, the more paranoid people would get and that can lead to violence!
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Justcash(m): 6:09pm On Feb 21, 2011
ACN Committed a serious Political blunder, simple and short. It's not just about Tribalism now, it is about the nature of the game. They should have cooled down till they capture power before they start exposing their "Yorubaness" as some asserted here.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Kobojunkie: 6:09pm On Feb 21, 2011
bashr4:

I am not talking about people like you that have access to internet , lets take it to the streets SE and SS votes are goin to GEJ the whole north will be divided with GEJ and BUHARItaking the majority votes there , thats just the sad truth.

I have family up in the NW and though they do not have internet access at home, they are still not all disconnected from the rest of the country as you make it seem there.
The Same North will vote a South Southerner (Jonathan) than a Yoruba? I doubt that one.
bashr4:

ribadu would have joined with a SS or SE person (like pat utomi or okonjo iweala) that would have split GEJ votes in the SE SS then woiuth the acn and tinubu influence gain them more supporters from the west while sweeping the remaing of wats left from northern votes.
No way!! First off, the people you mentioned there would probably not even get the vote of the average South Easterner. Again, look at Pat Utomi's past numbers to see this.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by jason123: 6:12pm On Feb 21, 2011
Justcash:

ACN Committed a serious Political blunder.

How? By not selecting an igbo man Who is the tribalist here? Moreover, what effect would that make Igbos would not vote for him anyway since Ohaneze said so apart from the fact the "Azikwe" is the incumbent president. So how is that a political blunder?
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by EzeUche2(m): 6:13pm On Feb 21, 2011
Justcash:

ACN Committed a serious Political blunder. Simple and short. It's not just about Tribalism now, it is about the nature of the game. They would have cooled down till they capture power before they start exposing their "Yorubaness" as some asserted here.

They had to "Yorubanized" the ticket. ACN was getting worried of not getting Yoruba votes if they put an Easterner on the ticket.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by jason123: 6:13pm On Feb 21, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I have family up in the NW and though they do not have internet access at home, they are still not all disconnected from the rest of the country as you make it seem there.
The Same North will vote a South Southerner (Jonathan) than a Yoruba? I doubt that one. No way!! First off, the people you mentioned there would probably not even get the vote of the average South Easterner. Again, look at Pat Utomi's past numbers to see this.

Well said Kobo!!!
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by EzeUche2(m): 6:14pm On Feb 21, 2011
jason123:

NONE!!! SMH!! The more you say things like that, the more paranoid people would get and that can lead to violence!

Well it is the truth. And it not just a small number of non-Yorubas that are present in the South-West. We are talking millions of people. grin
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Justcash(m): 6:16pm On Feb 21, 2011
jason123:

How? By not selecting an igbo man Who is the tribalist here? Moreover, what effect would that make Igbos would not vote for him anyway since Ohaneze said so apart from the fact the "Azikwe" is the incumbent president. So how is that a political blunder?

The guy that was chosen is politically a "Non-entity". He is a nobody. To grab that post from PDP, they need someone that can win votes, not a ghost from nowhere. How will that guy complement Ribadu (Who is also politically naive)?
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by 9ijaMan: 6:16pm On Feb 21, 2011
Good combination, however, the BB ticket is more appealing. I would have preferred the Ribadu/Fola ticket if Fola Adeola were to be at the head of the ticket. Ribadu in my humbled opinion is too naive for the office he's aspire to. Fola Adeola, has proved his mettle with the way he nurtured GTBank and honorably handed over to Tayo Aderinokun.

BB2011 is the way forward, fellow Nigerians.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by jason123: 6:16pm On Feb 21, 2011
EzeUche_:

They had to "Yorubanized" the ticket. ACN was getting worried of not getting Yoruba votes if they put an Easterner on the ticket.

You and I know that what you siad here is not true. If you can remember, the VP position was for either, Ngige, Iwela or Obuaeze* (apologies for my spelling) but it seems pointless to add an igbo man there now, is'nt it?
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by naso2(m): 6:17pm On Feb 21, 2011
seanet02:

I wonder if people know the percentage of the SW populace that is non-yoruba. Infact i dey laugh, if Ohaneze has pledged igbo votes to GEJ, then can someone tell me why the votes of Igbos in Lagos and other SW states will not go to GEJ? Have you considered the number of yoruba christians that will vote GEJ?  i dey laugh . Mimiko is already working for GEJ , is ONDO not a SW state? I can tell you that GEJ will beat Ribadu in the SW .

Which north is between Ribadu and Buhari? Buhari only has the NW at the moment, all other northern regions will still go to GEJ.

People also forget the crucial role , the order of the elections will have on the outcome. i dey laugh o.

All these e-voters talking from diaspora. una welldone grin grin
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Justcash(m): 6:19pm On Feb 21, 2011
EzeUche_:

Well it is the truth. And it not just a small number of non-Yorubas that are present in the South-West. We are talking millions of people.  grin

If they had to Yorubanize it, they should have used a political heavy weight .e.g. Tinubu, Fashola etc that can pull a considerable number of supporters.  It is simply a political blunder. Fashola would have been a killer choice.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by EzeUche2(m): 6:20pm On Feb 21, 2011
Justcash:

If they had to Yorubanize it, they should have used a political heavy weight .e.g. Tinubu, Fashola etc that can pull a considerable number of supporters.  It is simply a political blunder. Fashola would have been a killer choice.

Adding Fashola to the ticket would even have caught my interest! grin
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by jason123: 6:21pm On Feb 21, 2011
Justcash:

The guy that was chosen is politically a "Non-entity". He is a nobody. To grab that post from PDP, they need someone that can win votes, not a ghost from nowhere. How will that guy complement Ribadu (Who is also politically naive)?

You are right. They are both naive politically and that is why I gave this analysis below. Most SWersterners would find BB more attarctive not because of the yoruba man but because of the "anti-corruption" man Buhari. They hate the OBJs, AKALAs etc and would vote for anyone that has nothing to do with these people. Moreover, Some people do not like Tinubu because he is stained and has alot of political enemies in the region.

All in all, I see BB winning the SW
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Kobojunkie: 6:33pm On Feb 21, 2011
9ijaMan:

Good combination, however, the BB ticket is more appealing. I would have preferred the Ribadu/Fola ticket if Fola Adeola were to be at the head of the ticket. Ribadu in my humbled opinion is too naive for the office he's aspire to. Fola Adeola, has proved his mettle with the way he nurtured GTBank and honorably handed over to Tayo Aderinokun.

BB2011 is the way forward, fellow Nigerians.

Seriously? How many SWesterners know of Fola Adeola?
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by fstranger3(m): 6:40pm On Feb 21, 2011
Justcash:

You are underestimating the sense of kinship and brotherly bond that exist amongst us. Who was Olu Falae when he contested against OBJ in 1999, a virtual unknown to the common man on the street, but after a few weeks of campaign and sensitization, did he not beat OBJ?

The point is that for the ordinary Yorubaman, this ticket is a lot more better than the BB ticket. I for one, as many others, do not like mixing religion with politics, and would generally go for the cool-headed than a loud mouth anyday. But the most important thing to take away from the ticket is that, it does seem like Ibos arent heavyweight in Nigerians politics. The same thing happening now, if history is to be believed, will repeat itself in 2015 and beyond. Now tell me, hows an Igbo man going to ever become president of the country?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria At 53 - What Has Been Your Story So Far? / Buhari: Nigeria Remains Most Attractive Investment Destination In Africa / Sen Nwaogu Debunks Defection Move From APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.