Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,741 members, 7,840,872 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate (8694 Views)

Fola Adeola's Governorship Campaign Posters Flood Ogun State / Today Is Nuhu Ribadu's Birthday. Your Wish Or Advice To Him. / Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Kc3000: 1:32pm On Feb 23, 2011
This ACN really makes me laugh. With no influence whatsoever in the the SE or SS or anywhere not called SW, the least they could have done was to get Ribadu a running mate from these parts of the country. Instead, they shut down Ribadu's eforts to get his VP from the east. They already have the Yoruba votes, 'supposedly', so why not reach out to others. Oh well, let me seat back and see how the plan to muster even one vote outside of the SW.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by ladi02(m): 2:53pm On Feb 23, 2011
See we have a win win situation with CPC or ACN. .any of them should be able to bring about the change we need!

PDP on the other hand will continue to destroy this country so in your best interest stay away from casting your futures vote in PDP
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by felifeli: 3:11pm On Feb 23, 2011
A case of deep calling to deep ? (or shallow calling to shallow ?). Two persons - one a dismissed policeman , his running mate son of a policeman. These people have no ideas ; they will eventually teach us how to set up road block to collect bribe .
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Gbawe: 3:21pm On Feb 23, 2011
felifeli:

A case of deep calling to deep ? (or shallow calling to shallow ?). Two persons - one a dismissed policeman , his running mate son of a policeman. These people have no ideas ; they will eventually teach us how to set up road block to collect bribe .

I am sorry to be harsh but you are a hopeless case . Who "dismissed" Ribadu if not retrogressive and dictatorial forces any sane Nation must fight against? What do you you think the democratic fight against elitist oppression , that has cost so many lives, we are witnessing through the Arab region is all about ? With folks like you speaking in support of dictatorial actions it is obvious that Nigerians will keep suffering the indignities others , worldwide , are now fighting to get rid of.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by felifeli: 4:11pm On Feb 23, 2011
Gbawe:

I am sorry to be harsh but you are a hopeless case . Who "dismissed" Ribadu if not retrogressive and dictatorial forces any sane Nation must fight against? What do you you think the democratic fight against elitist oppression , that has cost so many lives, we are witnessing through the Arab region is all about ? With folks like you speaking in support of dictatorial actions it is obvious that Nigerians will keep suffering the indignities others , worldwide , are now fighting to get rid of.
Ha ha ha . You don't even know me and you are calling me hopeless case . God will forgive you for that. Amen .
Was he not dismissed ? Forget about by whom or why . Fact : was he not dismissed ?
Where in my post have I been "speaking in support of dictatorial actions" . Yu done smoke igbo.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Gbawe: 4:31pm On Feb 23, 2011
felifeli:

Ha ha ha . You don't even know me and you are calling me hopeless case . God will forgive you for that. Amen .
Was he not dismissed ? Forget about by whom or why . Fact : was he not dismissed ?
Where in my post have I been "speaking in support of dictatorial actions" . Yu done smoke igbo.

Once again , you prove I am correct. How can we "forget about by whom or why" when everyone knows that what was wrong to start with nullifies any subsequent claims to uprightness of conduct. If Ribadu was dismissed unfairly to begin with what does it say about your sense of justice and equity when you want him to be maligned unfavourably forever on the basis of flawed judgement?
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by dayokanu(m): 5:44pm On Feb 23, 2011
Kc3000:

This ACN really makes me laugh. With no influence whatsoever in the the SE or SS or anywhere not called SW, the least they could have done was to get Ribadu a running mate from these parts of the country. Instead, they shut down Ribadu's eforts to get his VP from the east. They already have the Yoruba votes, 'supposedly', so why not reach out to others. Oh well, let me seat back and see how the plan to muster even one vote outside of the SW.

WHats the use of reaching out to them when they have all pledged their votes to GEJ. Why not consolidate on your strong area instead of chasing shadows in places that wont help you
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by konkolok: 5:55pm On Feb 23, 2011
@Felifeli, The Ribadu's 'dismissal' was one of those decisions taken on your behalf by your government that should make you hide your face in shame if you have any sense of justice but here you are making a crass joke of it. You demean yourself, honestly most people like you seem to be intelligent until you open your mouth. sad shocked embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by insideview: 8:03pm On Feb 23, 2011
Many ways to look at this

1. A sitting President in Nigeria running an election and loosing - not a likely scenario in 2011 (Maybe 2054?)

2. A Hausa man with no home base (that is what he is and why he was picked) with a Yoruba running mate (with not the slightest brush with politics), this just after OBJ's 8 years - Not very likely (Me thinks they're more for poster value)

3. Buhari (much respect for the principles and the man) and the Pastor (No political experience and we all know how Pastors fare in this terrain) - So so. Good showing in the Core north state. But fact is, the elites in his base would be glad to see his back.

4. Nigeria (After all the pontification and mental utopian contrsucts) - I'd place my bets with GEJ.

One way or the other, I have a strong feeling I'll see him in Eagle Square come May 29.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by 9ijaMan: 8:25pm On Feb 23, 2011
insideview:

Many ways to look at this

1. A sitting President in Nigeria running an election and loosing - not a likely scenario in 2011 (Maybe 2054?)

2. A Hausa man with no home base (that is what he is and why he was picked) with a Yoruba running mate (with not the slightest brush with politics), this just after OBJ's 8 years - Not very likely (Me thinks they're more for poster value)

3. Buhari (much respect for the principles and the man) and the Pastor (No political experience and we all know how Pastors fare in this terrain) - So so. Good showing in the Core north state. But fact is, the elites in his base would be glad to see his back.

4. Nigeria (After all the pontification and mental utopian contrsucts) - I'd place my bets with GEJ.

One way or the other, I have a strong feeling I'll see him in Eagle Square come May 29.

And it won't take long before the wave of revolution knocking just next door (in Cameroun) comes to sweep you and your benefactor GEJ away!

Nigerians should vote wisely, perhaps we may be able to save ourselves the trouble of going through what Tunisians, Egyptians, Bahranis, Yemenis, Jordanians, Algerians, Camerounians have passed/are passing through.

Vote BB-2011 to salvage what is left of Nigeria.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by insideview: 10:01pm On Feb 23, 2011
9ijaMan:

And it won't take long before the wave of revolution knocking just next door (in Cameroun) comes to sweep you and your benefactor GEJ away!

Nigerians should vote wisely, perhaps we may be able to save ourselves the trouble of going through what Tunisians, Egyptians, Bahranis, Yemenis, Jordanians, Algerians, Camerounians have passed/are passing through.

Vote BB-2011 to salvage what is left of Nigeria.

You would have been more apt if you refered to the revolution sweeping away the system that produces the leaders who have violated our society in the past.

The comparison between Biya of Cameroun and GEJ is wrong on so many levels not least Biya's 20+ years in Power against GEJ's 2?

And a palatable as the prospect looks, I'll be pleasantly suprised when we work thru all the labels dividing us nigerians (north, south, hausa, Yoruba, igbo, muslim, christain, university, polytecnic,, ) and put up a revolution. Alas, the "African Spring" is a while off i reckon.

And yes, i intend to vote GEJ (if i make the 5 hr drive to my villa where i registered. Yes, i'm tribalistic that way)

And as for saving ourselves the trouble, dont bother. Everything has its time, even the Nigerian revolution, its time will come, just not 2011.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by jason123: 11:22pm On Feb 23, 2011
Why would they choose an igbo ma as VP?? Has Ohaneze not told all igbos to support GEJ?? Most of the igbos are supporting GEJ anyway, so why should they waste the position on an igbo man who would probably get no state in the SE No offence to the igbos but it would be pointless.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by bestman09(m): 3:59pm On Feb 24, 2011
I JUST DEY LAUGH grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

All conspiracy against G E J must fail!
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by aljharem(m): 6:23pm On Feb 24, 2011
jason123:

Why would they choose an igbo ma as VP?? Has Ohaneze not told all igbos to support GEJ?? Most of the igbos are supporting GEJ anyway, so why should they waste the position on an igbo man who would probably get no state in the SE No offence to the igbos but it would be pointless.

you even day follow them word grin grin

our igbo leaders do not know what they want angry
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by felifeli: 10:24am On Feb 25, 2011
konkolok:

@Felifeli, The Ribadu's 'dismissal' was one of those decisions taken on your behalf by your government that should make you hide your face in shame if you have any sense of justice but here you are making a crass joke of it. You demean yourself, honestly most people like you seem to be intelligent until you open your mouth. sad shocked embarassed lipsrsealed
Make una mind yourself o . You and your bros Gbawe (wey no get money and because of this say he dey fast tongue) . You no get job you come dey do alumanjeri for Ribadu on Nairaland . Small time now the man go recruit you for Boko Haram dey dash you suya to wack gari every night. Better face reality this policeman has no clue. You think south will vote for small boy like him. Una don follo am drink kaikai.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by daroz(m): 11:45am On Feb 25, 2011
One thing I dont really get is this, is it that ACN couldnt find a credible xtain to be a running mate to Ribadu? Everybody seem not to be bothered about this, but will the muslim accepts a xtain/xtain tcket? Well, i am just asking, cos I know even without this, i will never vote for ACN, BB all the way.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by felifeli: 12:28pm On Feb 25, 2011
Don't mind the man. His own result go worse pass Sarah Jubril grin
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Dunniah(f): 7:41pm On Apr 11, 2011
The Ribadu/Fola Adeola team would have been ok for me if not for Fola Adeola. I had a personal encounter with the man in 2009 and left with a negative impression. He is very arrogant, intolerant and even told a lie during that encounter.

After having met with him for the first time about a transaction, the need arose for my team to see the man again. He lied during our telephone discussion about being away from his house when I could actually hear the clanging of pans and pots and one of his children crying in the background. As we were already in front of his gate, I advised my team members to wait for some minutes and lo and behold, the man stepped out of the house. On sighting us, he flared up and began to utter unprintable words. He cut the picture of a very pompous person that day. So much so for a vice presidential candidate.

I have met the likes of Obasanjo, Tinubu, etc before and they never for once struck me as being arrogant. But our man Fola has never even handled a political post before and his nose is already turned up. I wonder how a man that could not even keep the door of his little home open would handle his vice presidential mansion.

This is not a campaign of calumny though, far be it from me. I love ACN (with the likes of Fashola, Tinubu and Ribadu). I'm just making an observation known.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. / <<<<<<official Thread Of Kano State Govt Dev. Projects>>>>>> / Jonathan's Uncle, Nitabai Regains His Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.