Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,904 members, 7,838,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate (8692 Views)

Fola Adeola's Governorship Campaign Posters Flood Ogun State / Today Is Nuhu Ribadu's Birthday. Your Wish Or Advice To Him. / Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Muza(m): 12:47am On Feb 22, 2011
kliffo:

Most people are overlooking the fact that PDP has reasonable political structure in the west
and with the large Igbo and SS voters in the S west, GEJ will get at least 35% of the votes in
the SW. If he holds on to his apparent lead in the NC, and the expected block votes from SE and
SS, he will win the presidential polls.
Ribadu at best will win in Lagos and few other SW states and nowhere else outside the SW. If it
is true that he has picked Adeola as his running mate, then it is just to make a reasonable showing
in the SW.
Buhari remains the only real threat to GEJ. All those rooting for a change should vote Buhari and forget
Ribadu.

#GBAM #GBAM #GBAAMMMM
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by nex(m): 1:05am On Feb 22, 2011
SO e're going to have a democratic revolution a last? FOLA ADEOLA!!! He can turn a speck of dust into a thriving empire.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Maximip(m): 1:24am On Feb 22, 2011
Buhari all the the way. It should be a sin not to vote for him. Our opportunity for
change, lets grab it.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by MP007(m): 1:32am On Feb 22, 2011
muslim-muslim ticket? Who cares? how did the chirstian-muslim and vice versa ticket of the last 12 years work out? awesome?. Its time we vote in people based on their record of nation building rather than religious affliations. wake up nigeria
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by kliffo(m): 7:26am On Feb 22, 2011
MP007:

muslim-muslim ticket? Who cares? how did the chirstian-muslim and vice versa ticket of the last 12 years work out? awesome?. Its time we vote in people based on their record of nation building rather than religious affliations. wake up nigeria

Majority of christians in the middle-bel tand SE still care about a Muslim-Muslim ticket . The religious crisis in Jos has widened the rift and it will take truly exceptional candidates to mend such cracks.
Ribadu and Fola Adeola dont seem that exceptional to me.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by GAR3TH(m): 7:37am On Feb 22, 2011
kliffo:

Majority of christians in the middle-bel tand SE still care about a Muslim-Muslim ticket . The religious crisis in Jos has widened the rift and it will take truly exceptional candidates to mend such cracks.
Ribadu and Fola Adeola dont seem that exceptional to me.

I'm sorry but Jos doesn't represent the entire middle melt.Overall, No body cares about what religion they're from as long as they get the job done. look at kaduna, after Sambo (Muslim) left the state didn't riot nor complain when Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa (Christian) took office. Nigerians aren't idiots, we know religion doesn't matter in politics.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by kliffo(m): 8:02am On Feb 22, 2011
^^^^ Isnt it rather naive to say that religion doesnt matter in politics? I really wish that Nigeria has advanced to the
stage when Tribe[b]and[b]Religion[b]Will no longer matter in our politics.[/b][/b][/b]
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by dayokanu(m): 8:13am On Feb 22, 2011
How many registered voters in the SW are Yorubas?

Since when did votes of non Yorubas count in SW? The SW have always had votes in favour of Yoruba supported candidates regardless of what other trbes living in the SW feel

FYI In 2007 a party presented an Ibo man for Governorship seat in Lagos and the 99% Ibo population of Lagos couldnt even make him top 5 in the result
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Guk: 8:17am On Feb 22, 2011
not their time!
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by fstranger3(m): 8:23am On Feb 22, 2011
dayokanu:

Since when did votes of non Yorubas count in SW? The SW have always had votes in favour of Yoruba supported candidates regardless of what other trbes living in the SW feel

FYI In 2007 a party presented an Ibo man for Governorship seat in[b] Lagos and the 99% Ibo population of Lagos couldnt even make him top 5 in the result[/b]

Its because the 1% Yoruba population in Lagos rigged the election.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by dayokanu(m): 8:24am On Feb 22, 2011
Are Yorubas even up to 1% of Lagos population?
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Alxmyr(m): 8:57am On Feb 22, 2011
When talk about ACN in west be specific about the states.
Ondo state is 100% GEJ. Ogun will deliver majority votes to GEJ. Osun East is PDP strong hold. Osun central is PDP. ACN only control one part. Ekiti is an interesting ground. Split between Fayemi, Fayose, Aggrieved ACN senator and PDP. Fayemi cannot deliver Ekiti to neither Ribadu nor Buhari.
Oyo, apart from Ibadan axis, PDP controls the state.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Jeel: 9:29am On Feb 22, 2011
He would hav gom 4 a woman
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Onlytruth(m): 9:36am On Feb 22, 2011
GEJ don win hands down! cool

SE(95%), SS(98%), NC(70%), NE(55%) , SW (Jonathan -40%, Buhari- 30%, Ribadu -30%), NW (Jonathan- 35%, Buhari-60%, Ribadu-5%)

Get me my champagne. cool cool cool
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by konkolok: 9:55am On Feb 22, 2011
ACN by ignoring the influence of the branch of mathematics called POLITICAL GEOMETRY simply put a nail on their presidential chances and handed over the presidency to PDP. Whether you like it or not, Nigeria has three major blocks- North,West and East and whatever permutaions a party wishes to make must include those major blocks. ACN already has the WEST on lockdown, they have at least a third of the North and all they needed was a part of the East. Their choice of a VP though brilliant and desirable does not make sense in Nigerian Political equation. The ideal thing would have been to balance the political geometry. This is where they missed it. For those of us desiring for a change and earnestly praying for an opportunity to deal with PDP once and for all, CPC presents a more formidable team to help achieve our goal. But BB has to find a way of balancing that geometry as well. We must find a way to show the PDP that enough is enough.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by naso2(m): 9:57am On Feb 22, 2011
dayokanu:

FYI In 2007 a party presented an Ibo man for Governorship seat in Lagos and the 99% Ibo population of Lagos couldnt even make him top 5 in the result

This is the most uninformed statement on this thread. Watch this time and see how things play out.

Igbos saw that igbo guy coming to contest governorship in lagos as not just unreal but simply silly hence he was ignored. This time I can tell you that 75% of Igbo votes in the SW will go to GEJ. Many more christians will follow GEJ than back Bakare in a Buhari(sharia) ticket. just watch.

And why is it very easy to always have a muslim-muslim ticket, and have some people tell us that it doesnt matter. Could it have happened the other way in the name of competence? Dont people ever consider the international outlook of having a muslim president and vice in a multi-religious setup like nigeria? Is Ribadu telling us that if competence is what he is looking for in a running mate, he could not find a single competent christian to partner with?
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Gbawe: 11:54am On Feb 22, 2011
At all those quick to accuse the ACN of "Yorubaness" (whatever that means) should do more research rather than talk ignorantly and partisanly. Ribadu approached Okonjo-Iweala and she declined the offer to be his running mate. He approached Ngige as well but the former Governor also declined in favour of running for a Senate seat. What is the ACN then to do ? Approach a 100 potential Igbo candidates , with time running out , and possibly gain a 100 rejection ?

http://www.myondostate.com/myondostate/newssend.php?id=873

On why the managing director of the World Bank and former finance minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, was dropped, Mr. Modibbo confirmed that when she was approached she turned down the offer.

He, however, refused to disclose the reason given by Ms. Okonjo-Iweala for not accepting to run with the former EFCC boss. According to him, former Anambra State governor, Chris Ngige, was also approached to run with Mr. Ribadu but that he (Ngige) appears to be more interested in the race for a senatorial seat
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Ojiofor: 12:22pm On Feb 22, 2011
Thanks to Daa Ngozi for rejecting that VP offer from ACN the same goes to Ngige too,that means our people are learning very fast.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 22, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Good governors fine. . . . but you definitely need good senators and representatives at the national level to curb the spending trend and also help push bills to move the nation forward.

This is where i thought the likes of Nuhu Ribadu should start their political career yes change can be radical but Nuhu should have known that the change in Nigeria right now will be gradual.He should have gone where he could make a sound impact -house of assembly.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Kobojunkie: 1:19pm On Feb 22, 2011
^^^ Same here. He is a lawyer, what better place to plug himself in to than into creating solid policies to help guide and monitor our executive arm especially.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 22, 2011
maybe Nuhu Ribadu is GEJ"s joker otherwise his choice of VP makes no sense to me.It looks like he is working hard to lose.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Kobojunkie: 1:40pm On Feb 22, 2011
^^^ You know, that thought has crossed my mind too. I agree, from the get go, it almost seems he is trying everything he can to make sure he losses.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Muza(m): 2:03pm On Feb 22, 2011
I've said it before and i will keep on saying it,Nuhu is working for GEJ to divide the opposition.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Afam4eva(m): 2:04pm On Feb 22, 2011
Muza:

I've said it before and i will keep on saying it,Nuhu is working for GEJ to divide the opposition.

Anything is possible. Don't expect Ribadu to pull out at the dime minute claiming to be stepping doen for GEJ.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Gbawe: 3:02pm On Feb 22, 2011
andromida:

maybe Nuhu Ribadu is GEJ"s joker otherwise his choice of VP makes no sense to me.It looks like he is working hard to lose.

Some of you guys are funny with what you credit to GEJ. If not for Nigeria , where mediocrity is promoted far above its station by self-serving godfathers, Ribadu and GEJ do not belong in the same statement as far as their record in public office go. It is ridiculous for anyone to think Ribadu's ambition is limited to playing decoy for an "underwhelming" chap.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 22, 2011
^^ so why is Ribadu looking so politically naive? anyway the guy is probably working for himself .that VP cnt get him votes even in lagos state?
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by dayokanu(m): 3:18pm On Feb 22, 2011
na_so:

This is the most uninformed statement on this thread. Watch this time and see how things play out.

Igbos saw that igbo guy coming to contest governorship in lagos as not just unreal but simply silly hence he was ignored. This time I can tell you that 75% of Igbo votes in the SW will go to GEJ. Many more christians will follow GEJ than back Bakare in a Buhari(sharia) ticket. just watch.

And why is it very easy to always have a muslim-muslim ticket, and have some people tell us that it doesnt matter. Could it have happened the other way in the name of competence? Dont people ever consider the international outlook of having a muslim president and vice in a multi-religious setup like nigeria? Is Ribadu telling us that if competence is what he is looking for in a running mate, he could not find a single competent christian to partner with?

Why cant the 99% Ibo population of Lagos just pick one of them and support in the governorship election.

How come Christians in the SW voted en masse for MKO abiola on a Muslim-Muslim ticket despite rumors being peddled that he is anti Christian and even sunk a ship load of bibles
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Kobojunkie: 3:28pm On Feb 22, 2011
dayokanu:

How come Christians in the SW voted en masse for MKO abiola on a Muslim-Muslim ticket despite rumors being peddled that he is anti Christian and even sunk a ship load of bibles
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by naso2(m): 4:37pm On Feb 22, 2011
dayokanu:

Why cant the 99% Ibo population of Lagos just pick one of them and support in the governorship election.

Na you sabi where u get the 99% stats from. Count me out. My take simply is that the votes of most non-yorubas in SW will go to GEJ and that is massive.

Guy this is 2003 not 1993, besides we are talking about Ribadu not MKO. The success of the ticket was a harvest of MKO's lifelong investment in all facets of Nigeria's national life, having made the presidency of Nigeria his life ambition and commitment and secretly worked towards achieving it long before he eventually ran for the office in 1993. Infact many did not even know that Mko was a muslim considering his philiantropic exploits that cut accross tribe and religion.

Wake up o. This is a different kettle of fish.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by naso2(m): 4:41pm On Feb 22, 2011
Gbawe:

Some of you guys are funny with what you credit to GEJ. If not for Nigeria , where mediocrity is promoted far above its station by self-serving godfathers, Ribadu and GEJ do not belong in the same statement as far as their record in public office go. It is ridiculous for anyone to think Ribadu's ambition is[size=20pt] limited [/size] to playing decoy for an "underwhelming" chap.

Somebody go soon use english score own goal grin grin
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Gbawe: 6:49pm On Feb 22, 2011
andromida:

^^ so why is Ribadu looking so politically naive? anyway the guy is probably working for himself .that VP cnt get him votes even in lagos state?

How is Ribadu looking politically naive? Is Adeola , in reality and in a politically sophisticated Nation, really a hard sell considering his type is precisely what Nigeria needs right now i.e self-made men and women who have risen to the top through talent and sheer ability? It is the loss of Nigerians , perhaps deservedly so , if they think Ribadu naive for settling for a young achiever with undoubted analytical thinking rather than a mediocre , even if visible, political jobber like GEJ and the rest of their kind who occupy Nigerian political office yet deliver very little.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by frgy1: 8:56pm On Feb 22, 2011
I just might die of sheer over secretion of the 'joy hormone' if Ribadu should bow out of the race
The thought of it sef dey tickle my brain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State / Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits / Falana Seeks Pardon For 70 Soldiers Serving 10 Years For Mutiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.