Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,491 members, 7,826,844 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God (22179 Views)

The Surefire Way Of Getting Your Prayers Answered / When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results / Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by Lexusgs430: 10:01am On Aug 30, 2020
Story story....... STORY..... grin

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by hotplate: 10:02am On Aug 30, 2020
wat if aftet all these things is still not forth coming?
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by GODWINLOWSKI: 10:03am On Aug 30, 2020
HOW CAN I PRAY AND EXPECT TO RECEIVE BLESSINGS FOR A GOD THAT NEED ME TO FIGHT FOR HIM WHEN SOMEONE BLASPHEMY AGAINST HIM undecided
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by SmartContract: 10:03am On Aug 30, 2020
orphan11:
Prayers don't work I have been praying for a job for a year now no way now am a begger
I have been begging and praying since 3 days now to get help and see what to eat but no hope
Please help me with something to eat please

Are you praying or complaining??

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by GODWINLOWSKI: 10:03am On Aug 30, 2020
GODWINLOWSKI:
HOW CAN I PRAY AND EXPECT TO RECEIVE BLESSINGS FOR A GOD THAT NEED ME TO FIGHT FOR HIM WHEN SOMEONE BLASPHEMY AGAINST HIM undecided
Na the god to pray to me instead, I hate bullshit
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by kingxsamz(m): 10:03am On Aug 30, 2020
lastchild:
you don't see anything unprofessional about it?

How can someone post a useful information during the week that should be pushed to the front page and the mods are waiting for Sunday to put it up

And how is that unprofessional?
It's not useful information to others. Not everyone is a Christian. These are just mere beliefs, and it's a personal thing.
So don't expect Nairaland to satisfy you on that.
Sunday is a day for worship for the Christians, so it makes sense that Christian related posts grace front page only on Sundays.
Same thing with the Muslims.

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by orphan11(m): 10:05am On Aug 30, 2020
SmartContract:

Are you praying or complaining??
I have prayed alot no result
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by ovieigho(m): 10:05am On Aug 30, 2020
Prayer works for me
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by SmartContract: 10:07am On Aug 30, 2020
orphan11:
I have prayed alot no result

Hmm okay. All I have to say is that Pray and have faith.

Don't pray like you are complaining. Pray and have believe that it is answered.

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by kolade560: 10:09am On Aug 30, 2020
Nairalanders no dey go church?
see plenty comments when they suppose dey church abi make we kukuma dey do our church here using Righteous89 as lead pastor
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by orphan11(m): 10:09am On Aug 30, 2020
SmartContract:

Hmm okay. All I have to say is that Pray and have faith.

Don't pray like you are complaining. Pray and have believe that it is answered.
ok thank you please show me love na hunger wan kill me even 5h please

3 Likes

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by ovieigho(m): 10:11am On Aug 30, 2020
orphan11:
Prayers don't work I have been praying for a job for a year now no way now am a begger
I have been begging and praying since 3 days now to get help and see what to eat but no hope
Please help me with something to eat please

How long did you wait on God?

What do you do in between your waiting period ?

I have been applying for UK visa since 2003 prayerfully but I got 3 rejections from UK

I kept my faith and went to USA embassy in 2017 voila one time ( he is the almighty )

I left secondary school in 1999 been applying for states universities

Until God gave me a federal university in 2010
Gods do the wonders in his own time

Right now my success and glory is obvious for all to see
I am a multi millionaire in Christ Jesus

Begging will not help you bro
Go back to him

3 Likes

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by orphan11(m): 10:14am On Aug 30, 2020
ovieigho:

How long did you wait on God?

What do you do in between your waiting period ?

I have been applying for UK visa since 2003 prayerfully but I got 3 rejections from UK

I kept my faith and went to USA embassy in 2017 voila one time ( he is the almighty )

I left secondary school in 1999 been applying for states universities

Until God gave me a federal university in 2010
Gods do the wonders in his own time

Right now my success and glory is obvious for all to see
I am a multi millionaire in Christ Jesus

Begging will not help you bro
Go back to him

wow am happy for you sir please feed me today na for the love of Christ please 1k will buy me food a week

2 Likes

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by April4th(m): 10:16am On Aug 30, 2020
Prayer work wonders
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by JimmyfixDesigns: 10:16am On Aug 30, 2020
JourneytoEL:
Happy Sunday

Yes and Jesus taught his followers how to pray before he taught them the model prayer

Matthew 6:5-8 (Byington)

And when you pray you are not to be as the hypocrites are; for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and at the corners of the main streets, so that they may be visible to men; I tell you verily, they have got their reward.

6 But do you, when you pray, go into your closet, and shut the door and pray to your Father who is present in hidden places; and your Father who sees in hidden places will reward you.

7 And in praying do not parrot off words like the heathen; for they think they will get themselves listened to by the quantity of what they say. So do not be like them; for your Father knows the things you need before you ask him.
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by almarthins(m): 10:25am On Aug 30, 2020
kingxsamz:
What is the point of praying when you have to beg and beg your god, even though you're not assured he'll answer? Even though those who don't believe and pray are living fine and strife to get what they want rather than praying.
If your god sees your heart and has a plan, then wtf do you need to pray for? undecided

A great contest is going on, and we are at the middle of it. Jesus said, "watch and pray." The muslims pray 5am, 2pm and 6pm everyday whethet it is sunny or rainy.

Dont boast, things can just fall apart for any one in one hour.

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by Atheistan: 10:26am On Aug 30, 2020
1.Work Smart
2.Work smarter
3.work more smarter
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by hupo: 10:29am On Aug 30, 2020
Thank you OP for sharing this piece. The effectiveness of a prayer has nothing to do with God but the person involved.

Jesus gave the model for prayer when he taught his disciples to pray "the Lord's Prayer". ACTS - Adoration(worship), Confession of sins, Thanksgiving and Supplication.

Prayer is very powerful when it goes beyond being a ritual. One's spirit must connect with the spirit of God.

We are today the Church described in the old testament hence location of prayer doesn't matter.

Most people stop at the level of request without taking a bold step of faith that God has answered their prayer.

if you need a Job, step out in faith after prayer and God with direct you. I beleive most people have prayed enough but lack the faith to believe that God has answered their prayer.

Prayer is made by spoken words and answers come by taking "action backed by faith".
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by almarthins(m): 10:30am On Aug 30, 2020
GODWINLOWSKI:

It is man's commandment against God's. It is written that we re not to vengeful but God will do it by himself. I still dont know how the other religion think that they re doing God a good job
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:30am On Aug 30, 2020
JourneytoEL:
1. Let your intentions be pure
When you make a request to God don't make the reason be about your selfish desires e.g Father, give me a car so I can pepper my friends. Lord, I'm sowing my samsung phone so I can get an iPhone and show my friends I have arrived. Your intentions should be pure, virtuous and genuine. James 4:3, warned against this and said,When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
Remember, God sees your innermost heart. No one can deceive God.

2. Let his Kingdom come through your intentions.
When you make your petitions, it is important to make it serve the purposes of God in earth. A classic example is Hannah.(1 Sàm 1:9-28) Hannah cried and prayed for a child and she got none. But, when she cried and said Father, give me a child and I will dedicate his life to you. God was touched and answered her prayers. Why? God needed a genuine servant to take over Eli since his sons have failed him. Hannah brought an interesting proposition that will make his will to be done and he gave her a son and more children when she fulfilled her promise.
Whenever Jesus prayed he always added sayings like Father, let your kingdom come,let your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Father, perform this miracle for your name to be Glorified. Prayers should always be about the Glory of God not you.
When you want your intention answered, bring up interesting propositions to God e.g Father, give me this contract and I will buy chairs for a church for your children to worship you in comfort. Father, please give me triplets, so I will get done with this stage and start serving my role in the church. Father, give me a job in this company, so I can Evangelise and preach your name to the unbelieving staff, I also promise to act as a good Christian and not partake in fraud. Father, please give me a good phone, so I can setup a YouTube page to proclaim your name. Remember, anything you promise endeavor to fulfill. Never, make the mistake of not fulfilling the promise you made to God.

3. Stand on existing covenants
God made a covenant to Solomon that he would answer the prayer of anyone who prayed facing the temple in Jerusalem. 2 Chron 6:21, I am your servant, and the people of Israel belong to you, and so whenever any of us look toward this temple and pray, answer from your home in heaven and forgive our sins.
Daniel been an intelligent jew, understood the power of this covenant and when he prayed he always faced the temple from faraway Babylon!! Dan 6:10 says, Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.
Whether you believe this or not there are genuine churches whose altars have become a place of covenant for some particular needs. Some churches have a covenant that any barren woman that prays there will carry her child, some have for prosperity, long life etc. Not only churches, there are certain spirit-filled individuals, both clergy and non-clergy, who's covenants with God can open the heavens for your sake. Seek these people and places as the Spirit directs you and pray with faith on their covenants.

Hope this message blessed you? Also remember to pray persistently. Jesus taught this mystery in Luke 18:1-8, with the starting note.Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray for just causes and not give up. Daniel prayed for 21 days before he got his answer, and he would have continued if it was delayed. Keep praying until something happens. Shalom.

Great. God bless you. Although I don't agree with the last one about some churches having altars that are places of covenant.

The Scriptures are complete, and all the covenants are complete in them. That is why it is not scriptural to say God called you to establish churches.

I can understand if God spoke to you about a church revival (because honestly, the Church has become so worldly and materialistic that it surely needs a revival).

The church has been built and completed. It was built on the foundation of the apostles and the evangelists, with Christ as the cornerstone. There is a need to plant churches, not establish churches because the church had already been established by Christ.

Another thing that I wish to add to your post is that God does not answer all prayers even if we follow all the advice in your post.

God will not answer a prayer that will cause you harm.

If God knows that the car that you are asking for will cause your death, He will certainly not grant you such a wish, except it is His will for that person to die in that car.

That is why when we pray, we should always emulate Jesus Christ who submitted to the will of God even though He wanted the cup of suffering to pass over Him.

When we pray, we should always conclude with let the will of the Lord be done. Because we don't know God's will concerning what we are asking for.

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by lastchild: 10:39am On Aug 30, 2020
kingxsamz:

And how is that unprofessional?
It's not useful information to others. Not everyone is a Christian. These are just mere beliefs, and it's a personal thing.
So don't expect Nairaland to satisfy you on that.
Sunday is a day for worship for the Christians, so it makes sense that Christian related posts grace front page only on Sundays.
Same thing with the Muslims.
What if a useful information that could save a soul occurred on Tuesday, and the mods are keeping it for Sunday, when the information must've been useless

Nigerians and their way of thinking, very shallow

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by Rightousness1: 10:50am On Aug 30, 2020
Arguably, sex is an addiction. Break the cycle and, over time, the physical and psychological "need" for sex lessens – you can do without it, hard as that may be to believe. Yes, you still think about it, but over time those thoughts lose their power.  cool
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by InvertedHammer: 10:51am On Aug 30, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
FIRSTLY, WE HAVE TO PRAY TO AN ALL-KNOWING GOD TO TELL HIM WHAT WE NEED HIM TO DO FOR US, DISREGARDING THAT HE ALREADY HAS A DESIGNED MASTER PLAN.
NOW WE HAVE TO PUT IN MORE EFFORTS TO FORCE HIM TO ANSWER OUR PRAYERS IRRESPECTIVE OF WHATEVER HIS WISE PLANS ARE?? ISN'T THIS MADNESS? undecided
/
They say "let thy will be done"

If God's will is sacrosanct, why bother disturb him in the first place? Shouldn't christians be asking God to grant them the serenity to accept the things they cannot change, courage to change the things they can(physical), and wisdom to know the difference. So God is supposed to change his divine plan with each prayer? With 50:50 chance of answer, christians took prayer as gamble. God is not confused. Christians seem delusional.

I find it absurd that someone with brain would believe that our forefathers who lived more principled and determined life than what we have today are automatically destined to hell (rolls eyes) because they didn't read the Bible. Every religious person is only vomiting what s/he has been fed. They have no answers and will never have the answer.

/

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by Uzomacharles: 10:55am On Aug 30, 2020
paulolee:

funny....thats the same way Islamic threads do make f.p on fridays because those are the special days dedicated to those religions in Nigeria and thats why its called nairaland and not Europeland or worldland..

Wise Talk...

Congrats. To This...
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by orphan11(m): 10:58am On Aug 30, 2020
Rightousness1:
Arguably, sex is an addiction. Break the cycle and, over time, the physical and psychological "need" for sex lessens – you can do without it, hard as that may be to believe. Yes, you still think about it, but over time those thoughts lose their power.  cool
please sir I have been following your post for long now you actually believe in God I beg you to help me with 1k to eat this morning
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by krushdripper(m): 11:20am On Aug 30, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
FIRSTLY, WE HAVE TO PRAY TO AN ALL-KNOWING GOD TO TELL HIM WHAT WE NEED HIM TO DO FOR US, DISREGARDING THAT HE ALREADY HAS A DESIGNED MASTER PLAN.
NOW WE HAVE TO PUT IN MORE EFFORTS TO FORCE HIM TO ANSWER OUR PRAYERS IRRESPECTIVE OF WHATEVER HIS WISE PLANS ARE?? ISN'T THIS MADNESS? undecided
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by Franking: 11:25am On Aug 30, 2020
Complete balderdash. There's no God that answers prayers, stop deceiving urself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The First Time He Took A Cigarette / Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name / Ever Had A Close Shave With Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.