Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) - Autos (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) (45367 Views)

Innoson Has Started Manufacturing Heavy Duty Trucks From The New Plant (Video) / Inside Innoson Factory: From Production To Final Quality Check- Pictures / Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by Gotze1: 9:32am On Aug 31, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Apparently the calculated uppercut that LegendHero delivered has scrambled and destabilized your neuron signals grin
grin

1 Like

Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 31, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Apparently the calculated uppercut that LegendHero delivered has scrambled and destabilized your neuron signals grin

What uppercut? I am laughing so hard! Now i know your brain is as rusted as the roofs seen in your region grin grin grin
Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by Gotze1: 9:33am On Aug 31, 2020
prince3009:
Nairaland e-warriors like Gotze1 Iegendhero RuggedSniper EgunMogaji2 trutharena are busy chestbeating that Innoson is a copycat! What has your rusted roof region "copy-catted" and produced that is patronized both nationally and in Africa like Innoson vehicles? grin grin grin

Noise makers!!
Ask your popman to tell you about proforce cheesy.

Which of the Africa hahaha

2 Likes

Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by gwafaeziokwu: 9:37am On Aug 31, 2020
proeast:

God bless you for this enlightening piece. The hateful and ignorant bigots from the waste are so jealous of Innoson. They always feel threatened by Igbo exploits which makes them to always try to measure up with Igbos but they often end up making a fool of themselves.

How can a sane person compare a showroom company like Nord to Innoson? Nord is just like Coscharis, Elizade or Chagoury but the only difference between them is that while these ones import full body specs, Nord on its own imports CKD that are reassembled on arrival. The fact that Nord has hastily bought another land when they are staying in an empty warehouse shows they have no intention of going into real manufacturing like Innoson but are probably a front established by a well connected politician who wants to corner some deals under the guise of locally sourced cars.

Nord in its present form can't add any significant value to Nigeria whatsoever. However, in contrast, Innoson will boost Nigeria's drive towards industrialization. Innoson will create massive jobs directly and indirectly. Innoson will earn forex for Nigeria while saving capital flight. Innoson will help the military. Innoson will promote the image of Nigeria and put it on the map of car manufacturing countries.

Through its academy, Innoson is developing local technology that will help it to survive and become a global player like Toyota and the rest.

Innoson is one of the best things to happen to us in recent times and no amount of hate, jealousy or bigotry by these waste people will diminish his exploits.

The bandwagon among them is surreal. Once one person make mistake all of them will queue and be making fools of themselves.

1 Like

Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by Gotze1: 9:38am On Aug 31, 2020
prince3009:

Like Amala and ewedu? undecided
Amala and ewedu a fine food.

Akpu, always having irritating smell.

Nsala, a so called soup that no other people eat with you people. Hahaha
Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by Gotze1: 9:39am On Aug 31, 2020
prince3009:

England!

They copied England's Land Rover Evoque and called theirs Landwind X7

That's just one out of the many cars they copied like Jaquar, BMW, Rolls Royce etc

Google it and kindly shutup!
Sharap, so why are you crying of Nord.
Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 31, 2020
Gotze1:
Ask you popman to tell you about proforce cheesy.

Which of the Africa hahaha

The one circled in red!

Now go drink Sniper grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by gwafaeziokwu: 9:46am On Aug 31, 2020
lucasalves:

Long story short, he is still reassembling. I totally support that, why are your brothers on here mocking Nord for the same thing? 98% of IVM sale have been to the government, not even the ones blabbing here screaming amaka this amaka that are actively patronizing the brand, instead they are going to tour the factory and take pictures in their German and Japanese cars.

Chinese and trusted models in the same sentence, seriously? even you should know how funny that sounds. If not for our corrupt leaders that has sabotaged our education system, we wouldn't be cheering car reassembling in the 21st century and making it out to be a sign of tribal superiority. Person wey curse this country with mediocrity no nice oooo.

How do I teach you? Do you actually understand the bone of contention here. Your illiterate brother just proved that Innoson actually manufacture his own vehicle by providing evidence from the site of the company who he is using their specification legally to produce his own brand.

Now the question is, what is Rebadge Engineering in auto manufacturing? Does it imply buying premanufactured parts from a company, assembled them and put your logo. Or does it mean getting permission from a company to use the specification of one of their car models to produce your own while acknowlegding the source of your technology.

Read up Badge Engineering, then come back and edit your post.

2 Likes

Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by Gotze1: 9:51am On Aug 31, 2020
prince3009:

The one circled in red!

Now go drink Sniper grin grin grin
Hahahaha, from Innoson site. No proof.

Can you see picture proof of armour produced for UN by proforce

1 Like

Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 31, 2020
Gotze1:

UN representatives here in Nigeria! cheesy

The other two pictures are "exhibition" photos after which the poorforce cartons will be re-parked into their showroom like puff-puff inside showglass! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by Gotze1: 10:08am On Aug 31, 2020
prince3009:

UN representatives here in Nigeria! cheesy

The other two pictures are "exhibition" photos after which the poorforce cartons will be re-parked into their showroom like puff-puff inside showglass! grin grin
cheesy hehehehe, show the pix of Innoson motor in Mali or Ghana, not audio use kikikikik.

When Nigeria buys, we see pics. Let us see the pics like these UN. grin
Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by lucasalves: 10:18am On Aug 31, 2020
proeast:

You really don't have sense, it's quite obvious.
Of course, who doesn't know that Innoson is already a major player in the auto industry of Nigeria and the ECOWAS region? I'm saying that Innoson will become a global player or at least dominate the African region in the near future if they continue at the pace they're growing and you're here confusing yourself.

So for a company to seek technical assistance at its formative period, that must have been paid for by Innoson now means the technical partner owns Innoson brand?

If you're not so hateful and dense in reasoning, you will know that the Chinese can not have a stake in any business without sending their people to be on ground in every aspect of that business.

Innoson did not obtain any loan from the Chinese!

Innoson is not operating under their franchise!

Innoson has been in the motorcycle business for years, a sector he dominated before going into vehicle manufacturing. He was already rich, started small and has been growing his brand steadily over the years yet this bingo is here saying nonsense about a non-existent Chinese stake.

Continue comparing apples with oranges out of hateful wishes. Typical Black man with crab mentality. If you're not so warped and primitive in reasoning, shouldn't you take pride in a brand like Innoson instead of saying all these nonsense?!

Thank you very much I will take pride in fully made automobiles from any black man on the planet (not some replica Chinese import). That's the truth you are trying desperately to twist, I don't see any other country in the world holding up Chinese products as a brand of national pride. Crab ( the one we eat?). I'm the one who have come at you with facts and details and you are calling me primitive? I don't care what tribe anyone is as long as they do something worthy of praising I will praise them. And innoson should be praised for creating jobs and providing opportunities in the region but if you expect me to sit among my German friends and tout this as a Nigerian product, you must be joking. Because you see those ones aren't busy rebadging Chinese products and infact have strict regulations against these products you are asking me to be proud of. Like I said very soon some fools will be singing the Chinese national anthem and they won't even know any better.

Did I just hear you say "a non existent Chinese stake" ? man you are a complete tool when you are literarily on record saying he has partnership with the Chinese. What is a stake in business if not partnership, take a look at this potato. No education is better than half education truly.

And of course everyone that points out the truth is hateful and tribalistic when you clearly don't know the tribe of the individual. Dude sit down, you are and always will be intellectually inferior to your peers everyday of the week and twice on weekends.

1 Like

Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by lucasalves: 10:27am On Aug 31, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

How do I teach you? Do you actually understand the bone of contention here. Your illiterate brother just proved that Innoson actually manufacture his own vehicle by providing evidence from the site of the company who he is using their specification legally to produce his own brand.

Now the question is, what is Rebadge Engineering in auto manufacturing? Does it imply buying premanufactured parts from a company, assembled them and put your logo. Or does it mean getting permission from a company to use the specification of one of their car models to produce your own while acknowlegding the source of your technology.

Read up Badge Engineering, then come back and edit your post.

Haa edit my post? good of you to skip over the part where there are literarily Chinese in the factory controlling operations. Ooops that's right the majority of you on this forum have never been to the factory, I don't know how there can be any debate when there is literarily thousands of online sources listing IVM as a subsidiary of the Chinese.

What you described in your second sentence is a Franchise, but hey we can't expect any deep thinking from the likes of you. Did I mention anything about badge engineering in my comments? What the hell are you going on about?
Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by Gotze1: 10:31am On Aug 31, 2020
prince3009:

Wikipedia has told you the countries that use Innoson...you are here waiting for pics!

Now i know you have a rusted brain just like the rusted roofs in your region grin grin grin
Wikipedia Innoson site grin

I know this is painful but I have to.
E pain the red mud slave grin

Yoruba Proforce.

No be by shouting and beating chest grin

1 Like

Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by Gotze1: 10:35am On Aug 31, 2020
More

Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 31, 2020
Gotze1:

I know this is painful but I have to.
E pain the red mud slave grin

Yoruba Proforce.

No be by shouting and beating chest grin

First picture is a photo of a Toyota Landcruiser...So Landcruiser has become Poo-force? grin grin grin

Second picture is where they are sellotaping the "windows" of the iron that has been welded and and about to be fixed into the "chassis" of an already assemble vehicle from another company.

Third picture is the iron which has been constructed by amateur welders from ladipo and mushin to be placed on top of a brand of the chasis of a truck made by another company?

No indept manufacturing with robots and other mechanization like Innoson! grin grin grin

Next time you are using photos from the web, look at them critically before posting and making a fool of yourself!

Poo-Force mascot! grin grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 11:20am On Aug 31, 2020
[s]
lucasalves:

You do know there is a difference between welding rails or frames of cars and actually designing a car right? Do you think all the cars are imported in full body conditions from China? Riddle me this, where do you think the engine comes from genius? The infotainment system? ohhh that's right, you know nothing about engineering and manufacturing.

I would be very curious to know what parts exactly does he manufacture locally, do your research before you make up baseless statements as facts. Down to the exhaust pipes every single thing is imported, that's the deal as he is a subsidiary of the Chinese company, they want to increase actual production in their country and have it exported as it's an avenue to grow their own G.D.P. (This is how the world works). And yes the same is the case for Nord, so don't around here with that tribal b.s.
[/s]
Which yeye NORD that just imported three trucks claiming he is manufacturing in his empty warehouse grin grin you are comparing with Innoson grin grin waiting person no go see for Nairaland, guy you need to ture Innoson factories in Nnewi and Enugu for you to cure your ignorance, he build the body and produce some parts

2 Likes

Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 11:21am On Aug 31, 2020
Gotze1:

Proforce is own by Colombians

2 Likes

Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 11:24am On Aug 31, 2020
Gotze1:

I know this is
List of automobile manufacturers in the world, Innoson is well represented

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_automobile_manufacturers

1 Like

Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by lucasalves: 11:24am On Aug 31, 2020
post=93418856:
[s][/s]
Which yeye NORD that just imported three trucks claiming he is manufacturing in his empty warehouse grin grin you are comparing with Innoson grin grin waiting person no go see for Nairaland, guy you need to ture Innoson factories in Nnewi and Enugu for you to cure your ignorance, he build the body and produce some parts

Sure let's"ture". They are both dealing in Chinese goods, one just get level. Talk of ignorance

2 Likes

Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by Gotze1: 12:04pm On Aug 31, 2020
prince3009:

First picture is a photo of a Toyota Landcruiser...So Landcruiser has become Poo-force? grin grin grin

Second picture is where they are sellotaping the "windows" of the iron that has been welded and and about to be fixed into the "chassis" of an already assemble vehicle from another company.

Third picture is the iron which has been constructed by amateur welders from ladipo and mushin to be placed on top of a brand of the chasis of a truck made by another company?

No indept manufacturing with robots and other mechanization like Innoson! grin grin grin

Next time you are using photos from the web, look at them critically before posting and making a fool of yourself!

Poo-Force mascot! grin grin cheesy cheesy
E pain am. I get it hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by igboarenice: 1:03pm On Aug 31, 2020
Like 99.9% of all the things they produce.
Innoson is a scam
Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by BlindedIrony(m): 3:07pm On Aug 31, 2020
For that guy posting pictures of Chinese car brands and accusing Innonson of rebadging his cars, I want to make you aware of something you do not know about since you have never been to a developed country before.

Outside Nigeria- In developed international communities, there is something called General Mechanical Designs. These are designs of any mechanical structure that are open for anyone to copy and reproduce. They do not have PATENTS. Any engineering company can reproduce these designs. It does not mean they imported the mechanical structures and rebadge them. No!

Look at Toyoto trucks- Tundra and Tacoma designs, they look like Nissans and Fords. Here in the US, companies feed off each other's mechanical designs with little modifications to avoid lawsuits due to GENERAL MECHANICAL DESIGNS. The Chinese are well known for doing this. In fact, they are worst because they copy and reproduce every single mechanical design to its finest details.

On the other hand, Innonson does not import these cars. He follows General Mechanical Designs. Just like these Chinese knockoff American products or Americans knockoff each other's with little modifications to avoid lawsuits. So, Innonson is free to use the design as long as he can successfully reproduce it. That is the standard in the world.

There are other examples of this principle too. Your car batteries are the same design from different companies, aren't they? It does not mean one company imported and rebadged them. Nay, it is called General Mechanical Designs. All companies follow that. So before you open your stinking mouth to expose your rotten teeth in order to criticize a man whose companies give employment to jobless youths like you, travel outside Nigeria.

Besides, you are so pathetic. I cry for your soul. This is exactly why I left Nigeria. People like you scream about Nigerian unemployment rates, and people like Innonson provide employment by manufacturing cars; Instead, you turn around to bring him down. When he decides to move his company to Congo now, y'all will call him a traitor. slowpoke, go and park joor! Innonson and other Nigerian car manufacturers have come to stay. If I have to invest tens of thousands of dollars in Innonson to keep his company afloat, I would without a second thought!

Innonson had proven to me again that black man's reasoning capacity is equal to a European's. All my stay in the United States, everyone has been throwing to my face how Europeans did this or that. Innonson shows me he can copy and manufacture with ease just like the Chinese. His engineers are mostly Nigerians- Blacks like me manufacturing what Europeans think we could not. Of course, he has my support! You keep being a house nigga. The rest of us field niggas are fighting for total economic freedom and breaking out of these colonial master's chains called economic dependence.

3 Likes

Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by Iegendhero: 3:18pm On Aug 31, 2020
BlindedIrony:
For that guy posting pictures of Chinese car brands and accusing Innonson of rebadging his cars, I want to make you aware of something you do not know about since you have never been to a developed country before.

Outside Nigeria- In developed international communities, there is something called General Mechanical Designs. These are designs of any mechanical structure that are open for anyone to copy and reproduce. They do not have PATENTS. Any engineering company can reproduce these designs. It does not mean they imported the mechanical structures and rebadge them. No!

Look at Toyoto trucks- Tundra and Tacoma designs, they look like Nissans and Fords. Here in the US, companies feed off each other's mechanical designs with little modifications to avoid lawsuits due to GENERAL MECHANICAL DESIGNS. The Chinese are well known for doing this. In fact, they are worst because they copy and reproduce every single mechanical design to its finest details.

On the other hand, Innonson does not import these cars. He follows General Mechanical Designs. Just like these Chinese knockoff American products or Americans knockoff each other's with little modifications to avoid lawsuits. So, Innonson is free to use the design as long as he can successfully reproduce it. That is the standard in the world.

There are other examples of this principle too. Your car batteries are the same design from different companies, aren't they? It does not mean one company imported and rebadged them. Nay, it is called General Mechanical Designs. All companies follow that. So before you open your stinking mouth to expose your rotten teeth in order to criticize a man whose companies give employment to jobless youths like you, travel outside Nigeria.

Besides, you are so pathetic. I cry for your soul. This is exactly why I left Nigeria. People like you scream about Nigerian unemployment rates, and people like Innonson provide employment by manufacturing cars; Instead, you turn around to bring him down. When he decides to move his company to Congo now, y'all will call him a traitor. slowpoke, go and park joor! Innonson and other Nigerian car manufacturers have come to stay. If I have to invest tens of thousands of dollars in Innonson to keep his company afloat, I would without a second thought!

Innonson had proven to me again that black man's reasoning capacity is equal to a European's. All my stay in the United States, everyone has been throwing to my face how Europeans did this or that. Innonson shows me he can copy and manufacture with ease just like the Chinese. His engineers are mostly Nigerians- Blacks like me manufacturing what Europeans think we could not. Of course, he has my support! You keep being a house nigga. The rest of us field niggas are fighting for total economic freedom and breaking out of these colonial master's chains called economic dependence.

Stop wailing.

You should have advised your kinsmen that attacked NORD in the first place. I only respond to their ignorance.

And no, Innoson is just like the other several African companies selling rebadged Chinese cars. They are completely different from the example you gave about Toyota and the likes.

He is basically replicating everything on the Chinese car 100% even down to the rims. Check the Interior of the cars, they are 100% thesame without any difference.

I am not saying he won't grow later coz people always start from somewhere, but I presented that 100% of the cars by Innoson are Chinese cars because our people try to badmouth the new guy on the block Ford.

Let me give you an example. All vehicles bear a VIN which identifies the country of manufacture. Even if it was manufactured in a different country different from the home country, the VIN will bear the identity of the country of manufacture.

At least if Innoson is doing General Mechanical design or anything you want to call it, it should have still carried the name of the manufacturing company as Nigeria. Why is it that all his car VIN are branded Manufactured in China?

Below is Innoson. Everything is Chinese.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8684264_20190205210512_jpeg1798b0d02eabc438e17f57036ebdcecf
www.nairaland.com/attachments/8684265_20190205210450_jpege08e892b96e1aed6a62da602f0cd1fa5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8684266_screenshot20190205210340chrome_jpeg46ddba77637587beb78f7e7967eff3ea

CC gwafaeziokwu
Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by lucasalves: 3:28pm On Aug 31, 2020
Iegendhero:

Stop wailing.

You should have advised your kinsmen that attacked NORD in the first place. I only respond to their ignorance.

And no, Innoson is just like the other several African companies selling rebadged Chinese cars. They are completely different from the example you gave about Toyota and the likes.

He is basically replicating everything on the Chinese car 100% even down to the rims. Check the Interior of the cars, they are 100% thesame without any difference.

I am not saying he won't grow later coz people always start from somewhere, but I presented that 100% of the cars by Innoson are Chinese cars because our people try to badmouth the new guy on the block Ford.

Let me give you an example. All vehicles bear a VIN which identifies the country of manufacture. Even if it was manufactured in a different country different from the home country, the VIN will bear the identity of the country of manufacture.

Below is Innoson. Everything is Chinese.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8684264_20190205210512_jpeg1798b0d02eabc438e17f57036ebdcecf
www.nairaland.com/attachments/8684265_20190205210450_jpege08e892b96e1aed6a62da602f0cd1fa5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8684266_screenshot20190205210340chrome_jpeg46ddba77637587beb78f7e7967eff3ea

CC gwafaeziokwu

Look Bros, if you provide facts with videos of Chinese controlling operations in the factory, they will still argue with. Look at Mr. U.S up there, e don see people wey no sabi as things dey work for U.S. Why does he think products like these are not allowed in the U.S. Comparing Ford and Toyota, they make similar products but not the same thing with basically only changes to the badges.
Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by Iegendhero: 3:40pm On Aug 31, 2020
lucasalves:

Look Bros, if you provide facts with videos of Chinese controlling operations in the factory, they will still argue with. Look at Mr. U.S up there, e don see people wey no sabi as things dey work for U.S. Why does he think products like these are not allowed in the U.S. Comparing Ford and Toyota, they make similar products but not the same thing with basically only changes to the badges.

A lot of those guys just argue sentimentally. I've had the Innoson information from the Chinese forum a long time ago but I chose not to say it because it is his hustle and at least he is trying. Then when Nord came, was on another thread claiming it is assembling and claiming Innoson is a manufacturer, I was like WTF.

So I had to show him that Innoson is just an assembler and his kinsmen have been running around wailing since.
Re: Participants Of The Army War College Of Nigeria Tour INNOSON Group(photos) by Iegendhero: 3:48pm On Aug 31, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

Midas02: A lot of comments I see here shows how little we Nigerians know about how industries really work. As much as we claim to love cars, we really have no clue about the industry! Innoson (IVM) is nothing but an SKD assembly plant!! I do not want to take anything away from his efforts as an industrialist, but com'on guys, we need to start coming clean on issues rather than making deceitful claims - it is the first rule of international business! Innoson really does what any other third world aspiring investor would do - he went to China, struck a deal with an OEM manufacturer who is looking to expand their market (BAIC in this instance) and then proceeded to start a simple assembly process using SKDs (Semi-Knocked down parts) from the OEM (BAIC). This in a nutshell, is IVM's business model. Quite unfortunately, rather than look at facts, many of our fellow countrymen will keep propagating lies (because nah my broda from my village nah!), keep wallowing in ignorance and self-deceit! Innoson is doing what is needed to grow an industry and if he keeps having success, perhaps at some point in the far future, the company may actually have the funds and the (R& D) department needed to develop an indigenous product.! For now however, all we have is an assembly plant - one that is a great deal inferior to what PAN and VWON had been able to accomplish in the 70s and early 80s. And if you ask me why? Well, PAN and VWON were fully fledged assembly plants that were capable of a complete assembly processes (called CKD assembly). CKD (Completely Knocked Down parts) plants, unlike Semi-Knocked Down (SKD) plants, involves putting together hundreds of components and parts that came in bolts and nuts pieces which often includes structural welding and paint shop! SKD on the other hand is like a starters kit in which most of the components come pre-assembled and painted, you only need to couple the major components together to have a car! Again, CKD comes in pieces, while SKD comes in Component parts. The only thing that was missing from the former PAN and VWON operation in being able to completely manufacture was that there was no Sheet metal stamping, robotic welds, design department and (R& D) department! If you ask me, Nigeria was a lot more advanced in the 70s! Most of the auto manufacturers in Nigeria now simply do SKD and that is why they can get by with such small assembly plants! In finality, for the sake of the stubborn ones in our midst, I will break down the source of each of Innoson's car models for you - google is your friend!:

1. Innoson G80 is simply a locally assembled and rebadged BAIC BJ80
2. Innoson G40 again is a locally assembled and rebadged BAIC BJ40
3. Innoson G6 is a locally assembled & rebadged Zhongxing ZX Tiger SUV (an obscure Chinese manufacturer)
4. Innoson G5 is a locally assembled & rebadged Gonow Aoosed G5 (A subsidiary of GAC)
5. Innoson Granite is a locally assembled & rebadged Zhongxing ZX Terralord
6. Innoson Carrier is a locally assembled & rebadged Zhongxing ZX Tiger TUV
7. Innoson G20 is a locally assembled & rebadged Weiwang M20 (Weiwang is a subsidiary of BAIC)
8. Innoson Fox is a locally assembled & rebadged BAIC E150/E130 Hatchback
9. Innoson Umu is a locally assembled & rebadged BAIC E150/E130 Sedan
10. Innoson 6540 bus is basically a locally assembled & rebadged Foton View
11. Innoson 5000 Van is basically a locally assembled & rebadged Foton Alpha
* Note: Foton is yet another subsidiary of BAIC!

And there you have it - a complete and undiluted synopsis on the basis, origin and source of Innoson vehicles! IVM's much taunted automobile 'original manufacturing' claims are largely false! If anyone is still in doubt, google is your friend - please make use of it!

As I said, Innoson does assemble from SKD components - this makes them a local assembly plant by law! There is currently a Nigerian policy (Nigerian Automotive Industry development Plan (NAIDP)) that has been implemented since 2015 which now makes it attractive for Manufacturers and investors to set up small local SKD assembly plants. Innoson, like many others, is simply taking advantage of this. Although I refer to many of the models "locally assembled & rebadged", in reality many of them may not even assembled but may just be imported and marketed under the brand! I am not sure which ones are imported (I don't have the data) but from the pricing, I do suspect that both the G80 and the G40 are simply imported! The NAIDP policy allows and encourages local assembly manufacturers to import 2 vehicles for every vehicle assembled in Nigeria - for this, they get a reduced duty rate (35%) instead of (70%)! At N27 million, it is pretty obvious that the G80 is one of those ones imported!

In my opinion, it would have been better and more credible to simply be truthful and own up to the fact that as a young company, they have no proprietary technology and indeed can't be expected to have one for many years. Being an Assembly plant is good enough for many developed countries and I see no reason to lie!

CC:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

We can help to Sell your Car! / World's Largest Giant Trailer / ♀️Are You Buying A Vehicle?Contact Us+2348060365068 For Detailed Record Check♀️

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.