Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Is It Right For A Pastor To Bow Before The Oba Of Benin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For A Pastor To Bow Before The Oba Of Benin? (357 Views)

Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal / Christians From Other Denominations Will Bow Before You - Adeboye Prays For RCCG / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Pastor To Bow Before The Oba Of Benin? by LifeDrama: 12:10pm On Aug 30, 2020
I learnt that God is a jealous God in the sense that He wants us to remain faithful in putting Him before everything else. But my question today; is it right for a Christian or servant of God to bow before a Queen or King? e.g Oba of Benin, Oba Ewuare ii.

Recall on August 8 Ize-Iyamu was sighted kneeling at the Oba of Benin palace receiving the royal blessings from the Benin monarch, Oba Ewuare II and he has been seen in many town in Edo state kneeling bow before kings.

In the book of revelation John had encounter with an angel.
“I fell down at his feet TO WORSHIP HIM. But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers (Rev 19:9-10).

God warned us not to bow down before man in the Bible

"You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me" - Exodus 20:5

"And he said to him, “All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me.” - Matthew 4:9

I just want to know if it's right for Christians to bow before king and queens. Please, no insult honest answer only.
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor To Bow Before The Oba Of Benin? by ExBanker: 12:16pm On Aug 30, 2020
The people who brought Christianity to you still respect their Queen of England. You that borrowed it are using it to disrespect your cultural heritage

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Pastor To Bow Before The Oba Of Benin? by ExBanker: 12:25pm On Aug 30, 2020
1 Kings 1 vs 23

23: And they told the king, saying, Behold Nathan the prophet. And when he was come in before the king, he bowed himself before the king with his face to the ground.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Pastor To Bow Before The Oba Of Benin? by Gmajor(m): 1:04pm On Aug 30, 2020
I think a bow in this case is an act of respect not worship.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

House On The Rock Senior Pastor Died Of COVID-19 (photo) / Christian Are Not Allowed To Marry More Than One Wife. / The Small Voice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.