Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1062598 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 8:20pm On Apr 10, 2012
udennaa: @suxes2006 n fastlink,thanks for ur advice when i sought it.iv gone for my interview n it was successful.i thank God because if not for Him....o boy see as i dey answer both d questions wey d guy ask me n d ones wey im no ask just to impress(lol).instead of asking me d usual question,'single or married',he asked 'any child yet'.guy no be small tin o....thank God

I'm so happy for you.

C'grats bros.

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ausdy(m): 1:01am On Apr 11, 2012
udennaa: @suxes2006 n fastlink,thanks for ur advice when i sought it.iv gone for my interview n it was successful.i thank God because if not for Him....o boy see as i dey answer both d questions wey d guy ask me n d ones wey im no ask just to impress(lol).instead of asking me d usual question,'single or married',he asked 'any child yet'.guy no be small tin o....thank God
@udennaa pls can let me know how u applied? i am planning to apply for a confrence visa
pls what re the basic questions?and did you applied via visiting or confrence?
thank you for ur help my friend
Re: Usa Visit Visa by amykelly: 9:03am On Apr 11, 2012
My USA interview is on Friday. My sister is getting married in June. she did her civil wedding in 2009 but is just doing the church and reception ceremony. she is married to a black American. she has sent me her invitation letter, a joint account statement of her and her husband and her tax papers of her and her husband. Her husband has a really good job but my sister is currently not working. she just passed her real estate exam and she now a realtor . she is a green card holder.
I am engaged and my wedding is in July so i want to use that as prove that i will come back to Nigeria. My fiance is a British citizen, I want to say that i will definitely come back to Nigeria because my wedding is in July( 3 weeks after my sister's wedding. Also i want to use the opportunity to buy my wedding dress. I have my wedding card and engagement ring. Also i am working in Nigeria. I have to resume work then apply for a UK spouse Visa to join my husband. Pls note that i have only 800k in my account but my sister and her husband are the ones sponsoring me. Can you suggest to me anything extra i need to carry alone. I on my form that i have two siblings in the US. one is a citizen and one is a green card holder. does it matter that my sister just became a realtor and doesnt have a job?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Betty605: 11:57am On Apr 11, 2012
HELLO EVERYONE;
please i need advice... here goes..
I filled the DS-160 form and booked my appointment for interview already, I came to this thread and went through most of the posts
I stumbled upon a post by a girl who was confused about the category of visa to apply for. The thing is, on the website
it says the B1 and B2 visas are issued under the same category B1/B2. I'm applying for the visa to go for my brother's graduation (masters).

for the purpose of trip to us.. i put 'temp. Business pleasure visitor (B)' on the online form.
and then it asked to be specific... i actually had to go to this page http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1286.html to cross-check again
I put the B2 tourism/medical. I figured, since i am not going to america to work, then tourism was more appropriate.

However, the post i stumbled upon, 'SHALOM' advised the girl to go for B1/B2; i'm confused because they ask to specify...
please your advice would be much appreciated, i don't want to get refused because of this little detail sad
Re: Usa Visit Visa by amykelly: 1:26pm On Apr 11, 2012
Betty605: HELLO EVERYONE;
please i need advice... here goes..
I filled the DS-160 form and booked my appointment for interview already, I came to this thread and went through most of the posts
I stumbled upon a post by a girl who was confused about the category of visa to apply for. The thing is, on the website
it says the B1 and B2 visas are issued under the same category B1/B2. I'm applying for the visa to go for my brother's graduation (masters).

for the purpose of trip to us.. i put 'temp. Business pleasure visitor (B)' on the online form.
and then it asked to be specific... i actually had to go to this page http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1286.html to cross-check again
I put the B2 tourism/medical. I figured, since i am not going to America to work, then tourism was more appropriate.

However, the post i stumbled upon, 'SHALOM' advised the girl to go for B1/B2; I'm confused because they ask to specify...
please your advice would be much appreciated, i don't want to get refused because of this little detail sad

I don't think its a problem. That's what i put on the my form too. Your category is B2 so you are still good.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Betty605: 6:11pm On Apr 11, 2012
amykelly:

I don't think its a problem. That's what i put on the my form too. Your category is B2 so you are still good.

Thank you for replying, so it wasn't a problem and you still got your visa?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Betty605: 1:26pm On Apr 12, 2012
Please more insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by amykelly: 2:22pm On Apr 12, 2012
Betty605: Please more insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
My interview is tomorrow morning, I read the instructions on the website carefully. For most on the forum, they are going through the conference method. Your category is B2 so you are okay.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by babymi2(f): 2:44pm On Apr 12, 2012
Please I will getting marry in July to my fiancée he have only one month to spend in Nigeria before he. Return to USA pls is it possible for me to get my visa within a month so that we can go together
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Betty605: 5:04pm On Apr 12, 2012
amykelly:
My interview is tomorrow morning, I read the instructions on the website carefully. For most on the forum, they are going through the conference method. Your category is B2 so you are okay.

Alright, thanks a lot and goodluck with your interview.
Please keep me posted on how it went. smiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by meggy11: 4:00am On Apr 13, 2012
Pls guys I need ur help. I want to visit d U.S for vac. I am married with kids. But will be going alone cos we were denied visa couple of years back trying to go on vac. with my family. I want to try again and alone. Wasn't working then but now I am. But the issue here is my husband is a businessman and not a salary earner. Hw can I answer the question: what is ur husband monthly salary? I can go with his statement of acc. But if they don't ask hw do I answer the question? He has workers and pays them monthly. Pls help. I am sponsoring myself. Hw much do I need for a 3weeks stay. of course family will take careof my upkeep when i get there.

Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by meggy11: 12:30pm On Apr 13, 2012
still waiting for reply. need it asap.pls guys any contributions?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Betty605: 1:54pm On Apr 13, 2012
meggy 11: Pls guys I need ur help. I want to visit d U.S for vac. I am married with kids. But will be going alone cos we were denied visa couple of years back trying to go on vac. with my family. I want to try again and alone. Wasn't working then but now I am. But the issue here is my husband is a businessman and not a salary earner. Hw can I answer the question: what is ur husband monthly salary? I can go with his statement of acc. But if they don't ask hw do I answer the question? He has workers and pays them monthly. Pls help. I am sponsoring myself. Hw much do I need for a 3weeks stay. of course family will take careof my upkeep when i get there.

Thanks

-Is your husband's business incorporated? If yes, you need to provide the incorporation certificate.
-Secondly, what statement of account will you provide?, his personal statement of account (I.e in his own name) or his Business statement of account (in the name of his company)
-If you are providing the company/business statement of account, you will need a to provide evidence of the consent of members of his company. By way of a Resolution by the board of directors.
-Also provide his income tax clearance certificate.
-Does your husband own shares?, he should provide his CSCS certificate

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by amykelly: 3:26pm On Apr 13, 2012
cheesy I got my Visa!!!!! grin

6 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Betty605: 4:21pm On Apr 13, 2012
amykelly: cheesy I got my Visa!!!!! grin

Yayeee! Wohooo!! *confetti* lol
Congrats smiley
My interview is in July *fingers crossed*
I pray its the same outcome cheesy

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by amykelly: 10:03am On Apr 14, 2012
Hi ALL,
I am so grateful to God that I got my visa grin grin grin grin
This is how my visa interview went :

VO: why do you want to go to the united states?
ME: To attend my sister's wedding

VO: what do you do for a living
ME: i work at ............ as a support Consultant.

VO: whats that about?
ME: i go on to tell her about my job.

VO: how long have been working there?
ME: three years.

VO: how much do you earn?
ME: i earn .........

VO: have you ever traveled out of Nigeria?
ME: yes

VO: Where did you go?
ME: i have been to the UK several times. My last visit was in OCT 2011

VO: who paid for your trip?
ME: My mum.

VO: who is paying for your trip now?
ME: my sister

VO: when is your sister's wedding?
ME: June 29th.
VO: are you married?
ME: No, I am engaged

VO: pick up your visa at Ikeja on Monday.
Me: Thank you for your time. grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Note that she didn't ask to see any documents that i was with. Also i was praying to God that she wouldn't interview me because she was rejecting people like water. She was a black American lady in windows 2. I really Thank God!
I wish you all Luck!

7 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by meggy11: 2:40pm On Apr 14, 2012
@Betty605
thanks for the contribution. My concern now is when the question is asked howdo i reply that my husband is not a monthly salary earner? I cant just start bringing out documents when i have not replied the question. Anyways thanks for giving idea of documents to carry.

@house, pls more contributions.

@amykelly, a big congrats to u.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Betty605: 2:53pm On Apr 14, 2012
@ meggy; I guess u have to start making the calculations to be able to ansa. When u are askd u should also add that u have documents to prove your calculations since ur hubby isn't a monthly salary earner. U'll just have to provide an estimate. E.g, not less than ... Naira per month.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by meggy11: 3:09pm On Apr 14, 2012
thanks betty605. if i say any amount, it is not going to reflect on his bank statement. or shouls i tell the interviewer that, that is not is salay acc?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Betty605: 4:59pm On Apr 14, 2012
@ meggy
I don't understand? I'm confused? What exactly do you mean?
Its the calculations from the bank statements that you have to tell the interviewer. You cannot lie to them.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by meggy11: 6:08pm On Apr 14, 2012
@betty605, my husband has a good bank statement.(In his company acc.) But d issue is when VO ask me what is ur husband's monthly salary? I am so confused on how to answer that. Do i just handover statement when asked? I am so confused and need contributions. I guess people must have gone thru this b4
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Betty605: 7:20pm On Apr 14, 2012
@ Maggie;
You have said your husband is a business man, so I am assuming he owns the business. When asked, you have to say this first, and then say what the company makes monthly.
And I have already said you should start doing the calculations on the bank statements. You have said that he pays workers salary. So you can tell the VO what is profit is, after paying their salaries.

Its up to You to answer the questions, its your own situation, I'm guessing nairaland is a forum for guidelines. You should not expect people to spoon feed you on exactly what to say.
If you cram answers, you might come across too rehearsed. Just calm down, take a deep breath, pray. Everything will be fine.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by meggy11: 11:09pm On Apr 14, 2012
@betty605: thanks. i just wanted ideas am not going to cram and not looking for who will spoonfeed me either. well thanks for ur time.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by SirP1: 5:52pm On Apr 16, 2012
@ all , I want to clarify something, when a family wants to go the us for tourism purposes, does each applicant have to book an interview/appointment separately or will 1 appointment suffice for the whole family.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sheguru(f): 9:56am On Apr 18, 2012
Am ALso interested in knowing if i should apply for my 4 year old and 17months old separately too. can someone advice me on how to go about the application process? i have already applied does my application cover for both of them too.please i need your advice asap and also about the processing fees too. Am to pay individually for them right?

Just want to know who to include my children in the application( i.e if they are to be included)
Re: Usa Visit Visa by babymi2(f): 11:47am On Apr 18, 2012
My fiancée is coming to Nigeria in July for my traditional marriage he's coming with invitation letter pls how long will it take me to get visa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by batuta: 2:21pm On Apr 18, 2012
hello guy,

is it right to say that you have a relation in the US, when you are applying for tourism(vacation)visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by amykelly: 7:52am On Apr 19, 2012
hello guy,

is it right to say that you have a relation in the US, when you are applying for tourism(vacation)visa.
i put on my application form that i have two siblings in the states and i still got my visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 8:22am On Apr 19, 2012
baby-mi:
My fiancée is coming to Nigeria in July for my traditional marriage he's coming with invitation letter pls how long will it take me to get visa

You should collect your visa in 2 days time if your interview went successfully.

sheguru: Am ALso interested in knowing if i should apply for my 4 year old and 17months old separately too. can someone advice me on how to go about the application process? i have already applied does my application cover for both of them too.please i need your advice asap and also about the processing fees too. Am to pay individually for them right?

Just want to know who to include my children in the application( i.e if they are to be included)

Yes, you have to, even a day old baby
. Go through their website for the whole procedures.
Thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by SirP1: 5:11pm On Apr 19, 2012
@ all , I want to clarify something, when a family wants to go the us for tourism purposes, does each applicant have to book an interview/appointment separately or will 1 appointment suffice for the whole family.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 10:32pm On Apr 19, 2012
Sir P!:
Hi, you need to pay visa fee for all of them, you can create one profile and add others as the dependents, or you can create an individual profile and therefore book appointment for each and everyone of them.
Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by batuta: 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2012
good day guys
please i will like to make a hotel reservation in US.
can i use my GTB debit card?

i heard they don,t charge immediately, kindly give me more info on this

thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.